Windows 7 Prof CIS and GE image for T420

Dear Lenovo,
I have a question: I have Lenovo Think Pad T420 with preinstalled Windows 7 Prof OA CIS and GE
I recently format it, and now I need Windows 7 image to reinstall system. Where I can get it?
May I use MSDN image for Windows 7 Prof RU and activate it using product key which I have on my laptop?
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Yes.  Download the .iso, burn it to disk or USB key, and install. 
It will activate on the Certificate key found under the battery. 

Similar Messages

• I hired a commercial artist to create a color image for the cover of a self published book. I want a black and white image for the inside. The commercial artist has not responded to this request. How do I determine the format of the color image, I'm guess

I hired a commercial artist to create a color image for the cover of a self published book. I want a black and white image for the inside. The commercial artist has not responded to this request. How do I determine the format of the color image, I'm guessing it's Illustrator's formatting but I don't know. How can I find out if Illustrator will open the file and allow alterations? The image opens only in Apple's Pages software?

rons,
    It seems that all you have is a raster image, presumable PNG24 or JPEG, in RGB.
    It may have been created as raster artwork in Photoshop, or it may have been created as vector artwork with the help of Illy, or as a mixture of vector and raster artwork in either application, or both combined.
    If you just need to have a raster representation in black and white based on the current colour image, you may try this, in a new RGB document (View>Smart Guides are your friends):
    1) File>Place the image (you may tick Link or untick and have it embedded);
    2) Create a rectangle with black fill (R = G = B = 0), at least as large as the image, and place it behind the image (you may ClickDrag with the Rectangle Tool between opposite corners, then Ctrl/Cmd+X+B);
    3) Select all and in the Transparnecy palette flyout click Make Opacity Mask with both Clip and Invert Mask ticked.

• Reviewing Windows NT Rights and Privileges Granted for SQL Server Service Accounts

Hi Folks,
    I am an experienced .NET apps developer who has been tasked with writing a bunch of technical controls for all the SQL Server instances on a domain.
    So for the last month I have been diving in the deep end learning Powershell, dba and infrastructure tasks. This is still a work in progress, so be kind to me.. ;o)
    So the task I am stuck on is described in the section on 'Reviewing Windows NT Rights and Privileges Granted for SQL Server Service Accounts' http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143504(v=sql.105).aspx
    I have not been able to find cmdlets that gives me this information. I have found some exes which come frustratingly close like NTRights.exe. This lets me specify a computer name which is great, but only seems to let you set or deny permissions, not just
    list them!
    Any help with this would be very much appreciated as I am firmly stuck. As per comments above also bear in mind that up until around 1.5 months ago I had never used powershell / knew very much at all about SQL server admin etc. Feeling much more comfortable
    with them now, but much less so with Active Directory/ windows permission structures etc so please can I ask anyone kind enough to reply to try and keep the acronyms down as much as humanly possible.. ;o)
    Cheers 
    Kieron

Hi Kieron,
    Take a look at this module, it makes permissions much easier to work with than what's currently available:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/PowerShellAccessControl-d3be7b83
    Don't retire TechNet! -
    (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

• How to obtain profit centers and cost centers for a particular GL account

Hi Gurus
    Can you please suggest me a table or a function module to obtain profit centers and cost centers for a particular GL account.
    Thanks in advance for help!
    Regards
    Ankit

Hi There, I have a simillar problem as above, however I would like a list of all G/L Accounts with profit centres and cost centres as well. Is this possible? Reason being that I have many unassigned cost centres and need to link them to profit centres.
    Is there also a mass processing list to see which G/L accounts dont have primary elements assigned?
    Regards,
    Edited by: Luke Saloojee on Jul 29, 2008 8:12 AM

• I have downloaded overdrive on my windows 8.1 and authorized it for digital editions how to download my library book on overdrive bookshelf to my kobo

I have downloaded overdrive on my windows 8.1 and authorized it for digital editions How do I download the library book on overdrive to my kobo

This is probably the article that you were referring to with the registry fix:
    "Help! After installing Windows 8.1, my USB drive disappears or file transfers
    stop unexpectedly..."
    This article was updated to state that the registry workaround is no longer required, as the Update has a fix in it. However, you still might want to check the power settings and make sure 'suspend' is disabled.
    Hope this helps,
    David
    Windows Outreach Team - IT Pro
    The Springboard Series on TechNet

• I download firefox on windows 7 and it will not load a window comes up and says searching for ad ons

when the window comes up saying searching for add ons it just sits there and does nothing for hours

please try to uninstall first then install it again,and even after that u again getting same message then tell us.we will tell you other options.

• Troubles with Windows 7 Enterprise and Web Dynpro for ABAP

Hello together,
    we've installed Windows 7 Enterprise and IE 8 and are using Web Dynpro for ABAP.
    Since this installation on one Client, it is not possible to use the WD application - the sites seems to be frozen!
    I know the fact, that SAP will support Windows 7 in March 2010 but it would be very helpfull if someone could give me a hint to solve this problem before.
    Thanks in advance,
    Andreas

>
    Andreas Damberger wrote:
    > Hello together,
    >
    > we've installed Windows 7 Enterprise and IE 8 and are using Web Dynpro for ABAP.
    > Since this installation on one Client, it is not possible to use the WD application - the sites seems to be frozen!
    >
    > I know the fact, that SAP will support Windows 7 in March 2010 but it would be very helpfull if someone could give me a hint to solve this problem before.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Andreas
    Hi,
    Go to internet explorer -> tools -> internet options -> Advanced
    There locate the check box "Enable memory protection to help migrate online attacks" and uncheck it.
    Let me know if that works.
    Regards
    Prasenjit

• Windows 8.1 and graphics driver for AMD Radeon HD7670m

Hello
    Some time ago, i`ve had problem with updating my Windows8 (64-bit) to 8.1 (64-bit). The problem was with switchable graphics, only Intel HD4000 was working and i couldn`t fix it by Catalyst Control centre, by AMD support forum and by this forum as well. 
    I`ve seen this trouble a lot at forums, but i didn`t find the solution and reistalled my Windows 8.
    Switchable graphics worked, but only this only old driver. All newones that i`ve tried to use didn`t work, or worked incorrect. That`s one question: we have only old driver (8.962.10.6000) without updates for new games, OSs, etc?
    And another question is: was the problem fixed?
    Because i`d like to install Windows 8.1, but i don`t want to "play" with drivers, strange solutions (like install beta driver for Windows7, from AMD website) and other. I want a working notebook (pavillion g6 2368 sr) with switchable graphics and win8.1

Hello @hi4man ,
    Welcome to the HP Forums!
    I understand you have concerns about upgrading your notebook to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 and losing the switchable graphics feature.
    To use the switchable graphics feature you must use the drivers provided by HP on your products Drivers & Downloads page.
    The drivers for your notebooks GPUs are bundled into one installation, meaning the Intel and AMD GPU drivers are in one package. This package is supported on both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and is available here: AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver.
    Try installing this driver after updating to Windows 8.1 and let me know if it works.
    Note that you may need to disable the updates from Windows or the HP Support Assistant to have continued switchable graphics functionality.
    I look forward to your reply!
    Please click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks" for helping!
    Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    The Great Deku Tree
    I work on behalf of HP.

• Any applicable\recommended Group Policy settings (Local & Domain) for configuring windows 8.1 "gold master image" for collection

Happy Friday everybody -
    I'm working on implementing Microsoft RDS 2012\VDI for the folks here at work.  I've read - online - a lot of articles on VDI and RDS 2012 - and have a working model that is working somewhat satisfactorily.  I haven't seen much online about steps
    I could take in Local Group Policy on my Windows 8.1 'gold image' - or for that matter Domain level group policy - that can assist in creating a better, more reliable/robust Windows 2012 VDI environment.
    Anybody out there got any information or opinions or advice on Group Policy settings for VDI environments?
    Thanks again, everyone!
    Adrian
    anr

Hi Adrian,
    Thank you for posting in Windows Server Forum.
    In regards to your issue you can refer beneath article for detail information.
    1. Group Policy Best Practices for VDI Environments
    2.Some Basic Group Policy Settings for VDI
    Hope it helps!
    Thanks.
    Dharmesh Solanki

• I have not been able to view and download images for two days

My name is Erik Fielding not Johnson. However, you xxx would not allow me to register with my real name.
    In case you want to have your attorney or the police contact me after what I have to say, ''personal information removed'''
    I am
    I am neither rude or violent under ordinary circumstances but you have pushed me beyond my limit and hurt me very much.
    I have been unable to view or save to my pictures folder any ages from any websites all.
    When I click on an image to enlarge it as I always do so I can save it to my pictures folder, fire fox says loading and never loads.
    This is a brand new problem. I have tried everything you xxx suggest including going to fire fox safe mode and using about:config go no avail.
    You people are total xxxx for proving neither phone support or online help. Whenever, I try to chat online, you xxx say we are closed.
    As I said above, I am not violent. ''balance of this paragraph deleted''
    ''deleted'' in return for the grief, pain, and hurt you have caused me and for keeping me up all night long suffering with this sick problem and also for being such xxx as to provide no way to get in touch with you directly.
    I am wholly honest and never lie and always keep my promises. And I solemnly promise to ''deleted'' for the agony you have been causing me.
    You have my correct email address: ''removed''
    Thanks for your attention,
    Erik
    ''edited by a moderator to remove the filthy language, threats of violence, and personal information''

I am going through the same thing! It is so annoying. We did have some access my son's account and changed his password but now when he tries to make purchases it says "Your account ID has been disabled". I sent a message to support and am waiting a reply. Their suggestions for changing the password does not work at all!!

• How to identify black and white images for dynamic collection ?

Hello
    I would like to make a dynamic collection to quickly find my black & white pictures. It is very easy to do with your original files which have undergone a black and white (Grey) conversion under the developpement module : you have to specify "treatment - is - Grey level" in the dynamic collection description.
    But what about original Grey levels images ? I have some scans of black and white negatives, and I would like to see them in the same collection.
    I have tried to use EXIF metada, but none of them is related to this information (neither does IPTC). But such images are well detected as Grey levels images in the development module...
    I don't know how to do (unless manually tagging images of course).
    Does anybody have a clue for an automated solution ?
    Thanks
    Erwann

yes Eclipse 2.0 provides runtime chartting.
    Please refer to this thread
    [chartting|Re: Charts won't appear in CR Viewer?]
    void AddChart(ReportClientDocument clientDoc, String chartTitle)
      ChartDefinition chartDefinition = new ChartDefinition();
      chartDefinition.setChartType(ChartType.group);
      IDataDefinition dataDefinition = clientDoc.getDataDefController().getDataDefinition();
      Fields conditionFields = new Fields();
      IField field = dataDefinition.getGroups().getGroup(0).getConditionField();
      conditionFields.addElement(field);
      chartDefinition.setConditionFields(conditionFields);
      Fields dataFields = new Fields();
      for (int i = 0; i < dataDefinition.getSummaryFields().size(); i++)
        IField summaryField = dataDefinition.getSummaryFields().getField(i);
        dataFields.addElement(summaryField); 
      chartDefinition.setDataFields(dataFields);
      ChartObject chartObject = new ChartObject();
      chartObject.setChartDefinition(chartDefinition);
      ChartStyleType chartStyleType = ChartStyleType.pie;
      AreaSectionKind chartPlacement = AreaSectionKind.pageHeader;
      chartObject.getChartStyle().setType(chartStyleType);
      chartObject.setChartReportArea(chartPlacement);
      chartObject.getChartStyle().getTextOptions().setTitle(chartTitle);
      chartObject.setHeight(5000);
      chartObject.setWidth(5000);
      chartObject.setTop(1000);
      IArea reportHeaderArea = reportDefController.getReportDefinition().getReportHeaderArea();
      Section chartSection =(Section)reportHeaderArea.getSections().getSection(0);
      clientDoc.getReportDefController().getReportObjectController().add(chartObject, chartSection, 1);
    Further you can format the fields as per your requirement.
    Hope this helps
    Regards,
    Tej

• TS3173 This article discusses Windows 7 bluetooth and graphics drivers for late 2009 21" and 27" iMacs.  What about a late 2009 24" iMac?  A dealer installed Windows 7 on Bootcamp for me.  Neither the camera nor sound work.  Will this installer help?  Pet

I have a late 2009 24" iMac with Windows7 installed in Bootcamp by a licensed Apple dealer.  Sound and camera don't work.  Would this driver download help? Or is there a better solution?
    PeterHahn

You must install the Windows Support software. This support software contains the Windows drivers for your hardware. Since you are running Snow Leopard, the support software is on the Snow Leopard installation disk.

• Hi I am experiencing issues with my mac , the colourful spinning ball is appearing all the time, more so when I am trying to view and upload images for editing . This has only happened in the last few weeks. Would really appreciate some advice please .

here is my Etre Report
    EtreCheck version: 1.9.11 (43) - report generated 2 June 2014 17:21:48 BST
    Hardware Information:
              MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
              MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro9,2
              1 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 CPU: 2 cores
              8 GB RAM
    Video Information:
              Intel HD Graphics 4000 - VRAM: (null)
    System Software:
              OS X 10.9.3 (13D65) - Uptime: 0 days 1:56:33
    Disk Information:
              APPLE HDD HTS547575A9E384 disk0 : (750.16 GB)
                        EFI (disk0s1) <not mounted>: 209.7 MB
                        Macintosh HD (disk0s2) / [Startup]: 749.3 GB (266.94 GB free)
                        Recovery HD (disk0s3) <not mounted>: 650 MB
              MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-8A8 
    USB Information:
              Apple Inc. FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
              Apple Inc. Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
              Apple Computer, Inc. IR Receiver
              Apple Inc. BRCM20702 Hub
                        Apple Inc. Bluetooth USB Host Controller
    Thunderbolt Information:
              Apple Inc. thunderbolt_bus
    Gatekeeper:
              Mac App Store and identified developers
    Kernel Extensions:
              [not loaded] com.leapfrog.codeless.kext (2) Support
              [not loaded] com.leapfrog.driver.LfConnectDriver (1.9.8 - SDK 10.8) Support
    Launch Daemons:
              [loaded] com.adobe.fpsaud.plist Support
              [loaded] com.adobe.SwitchBoard.plist Support
              [loaded] com.leapfrog.connect.authdaemon.plist Support
    Launch Agents:
              [not loaded] com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist Support
    User Launch Agents:
              [loaded] com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist Support
              [running] com.leapfrog.connect.monitor.plist Support
    User Login Items:
              iTunesHelper
              Dropbox
              LivedriveCore
    Internet Plug-ins:
              FlashPlayer-10.6: Version: 13.0.0.214 - SDK 10.6 Support
              Flash Player: Version: 13.0.0.214 - SDK 10.6 Support
              AdobeExManDetect: Version: AdobeExManDetect 1.1.0.0 - SDK 10.7 Support
              QuickTime Plugin: Version: 7.7.3
              Default Browser: Version: 537 - SDK 10.9
    Audio Plug-ins:
              BluetoothAudioPlugIn: Version: 1.0 - SDK 10.9
              AirPlay: Version: 2.0 - SDK 10.9
              AppleAVBAudio: Version: 203.2 - SDK 10.9
              iSightAudio: Version: 7.7.3 - SDK 10.9
    iTunes Plug-ins:
              Quartz Composer Visualizer: Version: 1.4 - SDK 10.9
    3rd Party Preference Panes:
              Flash Player  Support
    Time Machine:
              Time Machine not configured!
    Top Processes by CPU:
                   3%          WindowServer
                   1%          fontd
                   0%          imagent
    Top Processes by Memory:
              172 MB          Safari
              139 MB          iTunes
              82 MB          com.apple.WebKit.WebContent
              82 MB          Finder
              49 MB          mds_stores
    Virtual Memory Information:
              4.12 GB          Free RAM
              1.46 GB          Active RAM
              1.73 GB          Inactive RAM
              703 MB          Wired RAM
              1.14 GB          Page-ins
              0 B          Page-outs

Rhunter22,
    your EtreCheck report isn’t showing any obvious suspect. If you boot into Safe mode and log in, does your MacBook Pro behave similarly then?

• Networking between host and qemu imag for telnet

Hello.
    I want to start doing test and learning a bit about networking.
    But I only have a computer, and it doesn't have even hardware emulation, making the use of any modern distro as a virtual machine painfuly slow.
    So I downloaded a floppy distro.. and I manage to get a virtual network card working. But there is no ping between host and guest. I  can't Telnet neither, of course.
    Qemu man page and google are confusing me a lot. It speack of redirecting ports.. no solution to that
    I don t have firewall, as I don't have Internet at home.
    What can i do now? :S
    Thanks in advance

I think I must stop drinking so much cofee on the afternoon, lol
    Thank you very much for adding my reply!
    bernarcher wrote:
    vladimir_1922, the moderators receiveived this report message from you:
    Yes, I checked that too... No result.
    Maybe it is an issue with /etc/rc.conf. Some months ago it changed on the format who manages the network. May it be outdated?
    Obviously, you did inadvertently use the "Report" button to submit this.
    But don't worry, this happens quite often.
    I tough a bit about the problem, and followed the steps on the Gentoo Wiki for sharing a conection between two guests, and I found the same problem, but with the vbe module being unabaible. After a bit of rage, I realized two possible workarounds:
    First thing, is that I compile my kernel. As I don't have KVM or Hardware emulation, I just don't compile any virtual machine module, to save memory. BUT, I do have the /dev/net/tun device who qemu can't recognice (yes, I tried to run qemu as root), so It seems that it is compiled after all
    The second thing, is that I also stripped the daemons and services at bootup, as I don't have Internet, or othercomputers, I don't need most of them. Between the services I don't start at bootup is the netwprk daemon... but if i try to start it, all it does is delay the bootup for almost 2 minutes looking for a network :S
    So, I'll just copy my /etc/rc.conf, where I just did the changes of the wiki. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe I lack something.
    Any help will be must appreciated
    # /etc/rc.conf - Main Configuration for Arch Linux
    # See 'man 5 rc.conf' for more details
    # LOCALIZATION
    HARDWARECLOCK=
    TIMEZONE="Europe/London"
    KEYMAP="es"
    #CONSOLEFONT="Lat2-Terminus16"
    CONSOLEMAP=
    LOCALE=
    DAEMON_LOCALE="yes"
    USECOLOR="yes"
    # HARDWARE
    MODULES=(snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss snd_seq_oss bridge tun)
    USEDMRAID="no"
    USEBTRFS="no"
    USELVM="no"
    # NETWORKING
    HOSTNAME="arch.laptop"
    interface=eth0
    address=
    netmask=
    broadcast=
    gateway=
    NETWORK_PERSIST="no"
    eth0="eth0 0.0.0.0"
    br0="br0 192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255"
    INTERFACES=(eth0 br0)
    gateway="default gw 192.168.0.1"
    ROUTES=(gateway)
    # DAEMONS
    DAEMONS=(syslog-ng !network crond)

• T430s 2nd Hard Drive Bay Caddy for windows 10? and main drive for win7

i am planning to run dual system: on the main drive, i am running windows 7 64bit pro which is my work PC. i dont want to risk the win 7 system.
    i would like to run windwos 10 on the 2nd hard drive ( caddy). so i can choose which system to run each time when i power up my T430s.  has any one done this yet? how is the result? can you choose which system to boot ? 

Unfortunately for today 2015-08-17 windows 10 does NOT support hdd caddy

Maybe you are looking for

• Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 DVD Menu

I read somewhere that I could make a DVD menu, in Adobe Elements for Adobe Premire Elements 10, but I am having troubling figuring out how to do so. Dose anyone know if there is a written or video tutorial for making a dvd template in Adobe Photoshop

• Experiences on first usage of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeling

Hi @ll, working with Quest Toad Data Modeler 2.25 over a year, I'm searching for a replacement with the ability to create ALTER TABLE... statements. Today I downloaded the standalone version and tried to compare my local database against our develome

• Recive a file with dynamic name

Hi All, I want to receive a file with dynamic name containing date stamp to it.... eg File_20080123.txt , File_20080122.txt etc. Can anybody suggest how to do it? Thanks, Atul

• Guide me for sap

Hi, I am loganathan,working in java ,j2ee,i ve 2 plus years of experiences. Presently,im looking to shift to sap platform. So,which module will fit for me to continue my working careers. Regards, Loganathan.PO

• Xfinity / Move Media Player

I'm currently trying to view my Comcast on-demand content on my Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.6.5). When I attempt to watch a movie or show, I'm prompted to download the Xfinity media player. When I click install, the progress bar moves as if somethin