Windows 7 too slow on T61

Hello,
I decided to ask for some help after having tried several ways of getting my T61 configured properly with windows 7 without success.
Previous history: My T61 was bought with a XP pro downgrade from vista, and it worked extremally well for two years. More, a few month ago, I installed windows 7 Pro 64 bit with a non-lenovo DVD to which my place work is licensed for. A this time there was no system update 4, but system update 3.14 for vista. By installing 3.14 and running the updates and skipping the compatibility warnings, the result was an extraordinary (!) good installation. I had to go to the lenovo website to download updates not listed in the system update. I ran windows 7 64 bit in this way until last week. It was very good in booting time, smooth responsive and very stable. So no problem! I then updated to system update 4, which is very slow in loading and which I disabled. Again, no problem in perfomance issues. This is the fastest lenovo I had. It is an UZ0AQGE with the processor of an UZ0AMGE (2.5 GHZ) and 2GB RAM. I use fortran and matlab extensively, no problem. Everything was fine, from the installation or detection of new hardwares etc, inlcuding the latest BIOS which was amaziny only an optional update in system update 4 (instead of critical). Only was missing presentation director but this is lenovo´s problem. Conclusion, this T61 with windows 7 64bit was a beauty.
Last week I decided to reformat the drive and make a fresh installation to use the laptop for other purposes. Before reformatting the hard drive for a fresh install, I uninstalled from the windows control pannel all the softwares one by one just to see how the computer behaves. Here the OS became suddenly extremally slow. I do not rememeber if this was after or before having changed settings into BIOS. Typically my changes where in the I/O devices in security to enable or disable unecessary stuff like bluetooth or modem. I reset to F9 and rebooted, no success to get it running as before. The OS is very slow, windows take time to appear and disappears. The event viewer pops up very slowly with a pre-gui "Adding snap-in to console" that stays for a few seconds. The OS became unusable anymore. Recall this is the original installation which was really good. I checked virus scan, no issue found. Obviously i suspected that this uninstall of softwares is at the origin of the bugs.
Here goes the new install, with the same DVD I used a few months ago, fresh intall with full reformat of the drive. Without any software from lenovo or windows update, the OS is as slow to boot (40-120 seconds, compared to previous 25-30 seconds). The updates where now done with system update 4 directly and not the 3.14. System update does not propose the graphic driver, whereas the website does, nor does it propose the intel chipset driver (which I still do not know if I need to install...). I tried many configurations, from system update 4.0 or from the lenovo`s website, with or without the chipset update, with or without the storage manager driver. With or without fingerprint and/or powe manager etc. The Audio worked badly from the windows DVD, and installing the soundmax from system update fixed the audio issue but did not solve the overall problem. I did something like 4-5 fresh installs to figure out the bug. No chance at all. I downloaded thinkvantage toolbox and it sees no problem. Nor does windows 7 troubleshooting. But the event viewer, always as slow with snap-ins points at several bugs, mmc.exe, SMSINit, TPPWRIF, FontCache, explorer.exe,wordpad.exe,BackgroundprefetchTime, and others I do not remember! I also tried to disable all I/O ports in BIOS. I disbaled security chip, AMT. Enabling them did not help. On thing strange, is that the BIOS default settings disables the Serial Port. Is this normal? I tried with Serial port enabled and it did not help. I tried with the parallel port with disable and default settings. I tried with a windows 7 32 bit version and it did not help neither. I also tried with the lenovo storage manager driver on a USB flash loaded during the DVD installation such that windows 7 takes it into account during installation. Once the OS loaded, I checked that system update 4 does not present it as an update, as expected, but this did not solve the problem.
Is there an obvious solution or way-through I go to? I do not know at all if this is an OS problem or computer problem, such as BIOS or else. I tried booting with msconfig in safe boot mode, but it did not solve the problem at all. I could try with the lenovo XP discs I have and which I know work, but this will require 7 discs to be loaded, so I prefer to ask you before proceeding.
Thanks for your help,
xtex
T61, UZ2AQGE 2.5 Ghz, XP Pro SP3
T400s, NSF20UK, 2.4 GHz, SSD 128 GB, Vista B

I tried it also on my T61p --> worked.
The only problem I have: my harddrive gets only a acore of 2.9 --> so there is a issue with the SATA (?) driver or something,...

Similar Messages

• Safari 3.01 beta (Windows) too slow on some machines

On certain Windows machines I have, the Safari 3.01 beta is incredibly slow, as reported by a few others in this forum. The pages--any page, from the simple Google search page to local .html files--will ultimately load after minutes, often with pictures and other embedded objects timing out. That this happens with local .html files as well as sites readily accessible in other browsers indicates it's not a connectivity or networking problem per se.
    OK, I've now uninstalled and re-installed, with various combinations of clearing out the user settings under the %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Apple Computer or not, and still cannot get around this problem.
    I cannot identify anything in common between the machines except for the Safari Beta and that they are Windows XP Professional SP2 systems with all current updates as of now. The particular machine from which I'm posting this has the problem; it's a Celeron 4/2.6 GHz with 1 GB RAM, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Incidentally, this is really an alpha release that doesn't remotely deserve to be tagged as a beta; I know that catching the WWDC deadline to publicize the release was important, but Apple should come clean as to the level of testing and alpha status of this product, even if it is free, considering it is being so publicly advertised and wrongly hyped as fast. I'd trade stability for (reasonable) speed any given day, especially for those of us whose primary interest in the product is Web design QA under different browsers/rendering engines.
    Any suggestions?

whaterverfdsa wrote:
    Is the problem the system/install of OC or the profile/user. Try reinstalling OC on the "fast" system but use the profile/user of one of the "slow" systems.Have tried the other way around (tried with the "fast user" on the "slow machine" :o)... still slow..)In which case the problem is unlikely to be "server-side". You can also review the Outlook Connector debug logs to see if there is some indication of why the delay is occuring.
    http://wikis.sun.com/display/CommSuite/Troubleshooting#Troubleshooting-Logging
    I can't seem to get any IMAP telemetry logs from outlook connector....
    I wasn't quite sure what was meant when the docs say create a directory imap/<userid>. What is the userid? So I tried some variations. This is for user in the default domain. Tried jdoe, [email protected] and an alias address (it was the mail-value in ldap). Nothing appeared when using the outlook connector, but when I added the account as an imap account in outlook, logs appeared in the jdoe-directory... Doesn't the outlook connector use imap???
    Yes it does. Telemetry logs are only created for new connections after the telemetry directory for the user has been created. So you would need to restart Outlook to get the log files.
    (btw: imap idle doesn't seem to work when using outlook connector, but works when using imap account...?)It definitely appears Outlook Connector does not make use of IMAP IDLE. A quick search didn't reveal any existing enhancement requests to have this functionality added.
    Regards,
    Shane.

• Safari on Windows too slow on my PC

When I use Safari on my Mac it rocks, but since i got installed on my work PC (intel core 2 @ 2.33GHz - 4 Gb memory, running XP) yesterday it been really slow, can't understand why!! must admit, IE7 was much faster, i am sure Safari is fast, but whats the problem here. Any ideas? thnx

I take this laptop home with me and I use it through my wireless network at home, I think Safari have better responce but still slower than IE 7. The strange thing is when I installed Firefox in the past that used to fly with no delays!! It has to be network configuration issue.
    Also I am not sure if safari has manual proxy settings, cause this laptop is configured to include our work network proxy. I am not sure if this was configured on Safari (somewhere) it would speed things up! my knowledge on proxy is little

• My EBS is too slow on windows 7

My ebs is too slow when i use it on windows 7 but on older version on windows is working fine.
    Could somebody know what is the issue or how can we solve it?
    Thanks

My ebs is too slow when i use it on windows 7 but on older version on windows is working fine.This is a client issue and not an Application/Database issue.
    Do you meet all the requirements in these docs?
    Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (Doc ID 285218.1)
    Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 389422.1)
    Could somebody know what is the issue or how can we solve it?Please see these docs.
    Oracle E-Business Suite 11i and 12 PC Client Performance [ID 557259.1]
    Tuning performance on eBusiness suite [ID 744143.1]
    A Holistic Approach to Performance Tuning Oracle Applications Systems [ID 69565.1]
    Thanks,
    Hussein

• Laserjet 5000 (with jetDirect 620n): spooling from Windows 7 too slow

Hi,
    i've installed new drivers for Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) from HP website but however spooling is too slow. I tried all of drivers (PCL 6, PCL5 and PS). Only the PCL5 driver have an adequate standard of quality.
    What i have to do to increase print performance?
    Thanks
    Alessandro

BUMP!

• How can I get a better driver for my 1394b Hostcontroller in my Macbook pro 2010 to solve the problem, that it is too slow under Windows 7 installed with bootcamp ?

How can I get a better driver for my 1394b Hostcontroller in my Macbook pro 2010 to solve the problem, that it is too slow under Windows 7 installed with bootcamp ?
    WIndows can't find a better one than the installed LSI Conformed 1394 Hostcontroller

Read and follow the Bootcamp Installation instructions that you were offered to view when you ran Bootcamp Assistant.
    Run Bootcamp Assistant again and select the option to download the Bootcamp Support software. Follow the instructions. Then boot into Windows and install the Windows Support software you downloaded and saved.

• "Full Screen Mode" in Adobe Reader XI for Windows 8 loads way too slow!

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8, after having used Windows Vista for years.  I installed Adobe Reader XI for my new computer.  Before, I used Adobe Reader X on Vista.  I used Adobe Reader "Full Screen Mode" to read the nice-looking Bible chapters I created with internet audio from Biblegateway.com.  In Vista, the "Full Screen Mode" appeared quickly, before the audio fully started, so I could see the text in time for the reading. 
    However, with Windows 8, "Full Screen Mode" takes around 5-10 seconds to appear at all, and a black screen is present throughout the wait.  It does the same thing when I hit "escape" to exit "Full Screen Mode" as well.  I even uninstalled Adobe Reader XI from my new laptop, and tried using Adobe Reader X, even though it is not recommened by Adobe to do that on Windows 8, in order to test the speed of "Full Screen Mode" there.  Adobe Reader X had the same problem!  I do not know if this can be fixed, but I am pretty unhappy about it!  I enjoyed the "Full Screen Mode" with my PDF chapters and the online bible audio!  Finding that function for the first time with Adobe Reader X was a delight for me!  It gave the reading a theater feel!
    Has anyone else here had a similiar problem with "Full Screen Mode" loading way too slow on Windows 8?  I am very disappointed!  If this cannot be fixed by a user, is there a place to complain to Adobe and make a recommendation for software improvement?  Thank you!             

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:32 AM
    To: gunner0490
    Subject: I'm not able to open PDF files in Adobe Reader XI.
    Re: I'm not able to open PDF files in Adobe Reader XI.
    created by Test Screen Name <http://forums.adobe.com/people/TestScreenName>  in Adobe Reader - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5565198#5565198

• TP Yoga 15 - Windows: Keyboard response too slow after coming back from hibernation

I've got the same issue as outlined in this thread for a Y50 - there seems to be a BIOS update to solve it, but what about TP Yoga 15? Quote:Simply put, In keyboard properties , the Repeat delay is default at maximum (eg, holding down a keyboard button and how fast it generates the key strokes). When the system is put in hiberanation, then turned on again to come back, the Repeat delay some how gets decreased to about 2/3 of what it originally is. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Re-Y50-Windows-8-Keyboard-response-too-slow-after-coming-back/td-p/1676309/page/1 

hi guys,
    Can you please provide also these additional information:
    (this is to check if the issue is isolated to a certain model number)
    Model Number (eg. 59-xxxxxx): 
    Place of Purchase (eg. Amazon, Bestbuy, etc.): 
    In addition, the solution from this thread seems to be a good workaround (the app is for Win7 but may also work for Win8.1)
    Regards
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

• Bumblebee performance is too slow

Hi everyone,
    This is my second post in this forum and it has been only 2 days that I met Arch. Before, I was using Ubuntu for 3 years, but due to low performance in my PC, unfortunately, I decided to say good bye which was hard to say.
    Now, I am trying to have the same setup as my previous laptop and Bumblebee was one of them. I followed the instructions here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bumblebee.
    It seems that bumblebee is installed and working, however, the FPS is too slow:
    $ optirun glxspheres64 -info
    Polygons in scene: 62464
    Visual ID of window: 0x20
    Context is Direct
    OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GT 520MX/PCIe/SSE2
    0.023848 frames/sec - 0.021114 Mpixels/sec
    Without optirun I get:
    $ glxspheres64 -info
    Polygons in scene: 62464
    Visual ID of window: 0x20
    Context is Direct
    OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
    0.033237 frames/sec - 0.029426 Mpixels/sec
    0.029968 frames/sec - 0.026533 Mpixels/sec
    This is impossible as I was getting very good results before.
    I am wondering if I did something wrong, or missed anything.
    Just for information, system specs:
    Intel i7 2670QM 2.2 GHZ
    4 GB RAM
    1 GB GeForce GT 520MX
    512 MB Intel Graphics
    I played 0ad with and without optirun and the performance was good in both of them, but not sure if it switches the video cards itself.
    I also have bbswitch installed.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by wakeup12 (2014-09-27 14:29:19)

Hello,
    Can you please explain in a little more detail the scenario you testing? Are you comparing a SQL Database in Europe against a SQL Database in India? Or a SQL Database with a local, on-premise SQL Server installation?
    In case of the first scenario, the roundtrip latency for the connection to the datacenter might play a role. 
    If you are comparing to a local installation, please note that you might be running against completely different hardware specifications and without network delay, resulting in very different results.
    In both cases you can use the below blog post to assess the resource utilization of the SQL Database during the operation:
    http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/09/11/azure-sql-database-introduces-new-near-real-time-performance-metrics/
    If the DB utilizes up to 100% you might have to consider to upgrade to a higher performance level to achieve the throughput you are looking for.
    Thanks,
    Jan 

• HT1338 My mac is becoming too slow. It takes long to open word documents, pdf files or excel documents or even safari. Can anybody suggest something? I have tried to reduce the number of open applications, but does not seem to work.

My mac is becoming too slow. It takes long to open word documents, pdf files or excel documents or even safari. Can anybody suggest something? I have tried to reduce the number of open applications, but does not seem to work.

Hi ...
    Checked to see how much free space there is on the startup disk lately?
    Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure there's a minimum of 15% free disk space.
    Freeing Up Hard Disk Space - Mac GuidesFreeing Up Hard Disk Space - Mac Guides
    If disk space is not the issue, booting in Safe Mode deletes system caches that may help.
    A Safe Mode boot takes longer then a normal boot so be patient.
    Once you see the Desktop, click the Apple menu icon top left corner of the screen.
    From the drop down menu click Restart.
    See if that makes a difference ...

• My MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) is too slow after installing Yosemite version 10.10.1. All programs take for ever to load especially Safari and even chrome. I regret upgrading to yosemite, it was all fine with Maverick. Any suggestions ? ThankYou

My MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) is too slow after installing Yosemite version 10.10.1. All programs take for ever to load especially Safari and even chrome. I regret upgrading to yosemite, it was all fine with Maverick. Any suggestions ? ThankYou

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve the problem. But with the aid of the test results, the solution may take a few minutes, instead of hours or days.
    Don't be put off by the complexity of these instructions. The process is much less complicated than the description. You do harder tasks with the computer all the time.
    2. If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. Backup is always a must, and when you're having any kind of trouble with the computer, you may be at higher than usual risk of losing data, whether you follow these instructions or not.
    There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.
    3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. As I wrote above, it changes nothing. It doesn't send or receive any data on the network. All it does is to generate a human-readable report on the state of the computer. That report goes nowhere unless you choose to share it. If you prefer, you can act on it yourself without disclosing the contents to me or anyone else.
    You should be wondering whether you can believe me, and whether it's safe to run a program at the behest of a stranger. In general, no, it's not safe and I don't encourage it.
    In this case, however, there are a couple of ways for you to decide whether the program is safe without having to trust me. First, you can read it. Unlike an application that you download and click to run, it's transparent, so anyone with the necessary skill can verify what it does.
    You may not be able to understand the script yourself. But variations of the script have been posted on this website thousands of times over a period of years. The site is hosted by Apple, which does not allow it to be used to distribute harmful software. Any one of the millions of registered users could have read the script and raised the alarm if it was harmful. Then I would not be here now and you would not be reading this message.
    Nevertheless, if you can't satisfy yourself that these instructions are safe, don't follow them. Ask for other options.
    4. Here's a summary of what you need to do, if you choose to proceed:
    ☞ Copy a line of text in this window to the Clipboard.
    ☞ Paste into the window of another application.
    ☞ Wait for the test to run. It usually takes a few minutes.
    ☞ Paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page.
    The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. You don't need to copy a second time. Details follow.
    5. You may have started the computer in "safe" mode. Preferably, these steps should be taken in “normal” mode, under the conditions in which the problem is reproduced. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.
    6. If you have more than one user, and the one affected by the problem is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply. Don't log in as root.
    7. The script is a single long line, all of which must be selected. You can accomplish this easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the line. The whole line will highlight, though you may not see all of it in the browser window, and you can then copy it. If you try to select the line by dragging across the part you can see, you won't get all of it.
    Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:
    PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/libexec;clear;cd;p=(Software Hardware Memory Diagnostics Power FireWire Thunderbolt USB Fonts SerialATA 4 1000 25 5120 KiB/s 1024 85 \\b%% 20480 1 MB/s 25000 ports ' com.clark.\* \*dropbox \*genieo\* \*GoogleDr\* \*k.AutoCAD\* \*k.Maya\* vidinst\* ' DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES\ DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH -86 "` route -n get default|awk '/e:/{print $2}' `" 25 N\\/A down up 102400 25600 recvfrom sendto CFBundleIdentifier 25 25 25 1000 MB ' com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0 com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0 com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud com.adobe.CS4ServiceManager com.adobe.CS5ServiceManager com.adobe.fpsaud com.adobe.SwitchBoard com.adobe.SwitchBoard com.apple.aelwriter com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent com.apple.FolderActions.enabled com.apple.installer.osmessagetracing com.apple.mrt.uiagent com.apple.ReportCrash.Self com.apple.rpmuxd com.apple.SafariNotificationAgent com.apple.usbmuxd com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate com.google.keystone.agent com.google.keystone.daemon com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx org.macosforge.xquartz.startx ' ' 879294308 4071182229 461455494 3627668074 1083382502 1274181950 1855907737 2758863019 1848501757 464843899 3694147963 1233118628 2456546649 2806998573 2778718105 2636415542 842973933 2051385900 3301885676 891055588 998894468 695903914 1443423563 4136085286 523110921 2883943871 3873345487 ' 51 5120 files );N5=${#p[@]};p[N5]=` networksetup -listnetworkserviceorder|awk ' NR>1 { sub(/^\([0-9]+\) /,"");n=$0;getline;} $NF=="'${p[26]}')" { sub(/.$/,"",$NF);print n;exit;} ' `;f=('\n%s: %s\n' '\n%s\n\n%s\n' '\nRAM details\n%s\n' %s\ %s '%s\n-\t%s\n' );S0() { echo ' { q=$NF+0;$NF="";u=$(NF-1);$(NF-1)="";gsub(/^ +| +$/,"");if(q>='${p[$1]}') printf("%s (UID %s) is using %s '${p[$2]}'",$0,u,q);} ';};s=(' s/[0-9A-Za-z._]+@[0-9A-Za-z.]+\.[0-9A-Za-z]{2,4}/EMAIL/g;/faceb/s/(at\.)[^.]+/\1NAME/g;/\/Shared/!s/(\/Users\/)[^ /]+/\1USER/g;s/[-0-9A-Fa-f]{22,}/UUID/g;' ' s/^ +//;/de: S|[nst]:/p;' ' {sub(/^ +/,"")};/er:/;/y:/&&$2<'${p[10]} ' 1s/://;3,6d;/[my].+:/d;s/^ {4}//;H;${ g;s/\n$//;/s: (E[^m]|[^EO])|x([^08]|02[^F]|8[^0])/p;} ' ' 5h;6{ H;g;/P/!p;} ' ' ($1~/^Cy/&&$3>'${p[11]}')||($1~/^Cond/&&$2!~/^N/) ' ' /:$/{ N;/:.+:/d;s/ *://;b0'$'\n'' };/^ *(V.+ [0N]|Man).+ /{ s/ 0x.... //;s/[()]//g;s/(.+: )(.+)/ (\2)/;H;};$b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;s/\n\n//;/Apple[ ,]|Genesy|Intel|SMSC/d;s/\n.*//;/\)$/p;' ' s/^.*C/C/;H;${ g;/No th|pms/!p;} ' '/= [^GO]/p' '{$1=""};1' ' /Of/!{ s/^.+is |\.//g;p;} ' ' $0&&!/ / { n++;print;} END { if(n<10) print "com.apple.";} ' ' { sub(/ :/,"");print|"tail -n'${p[12]}'";} ' ' NR==2&&$4<='${p[13]}' { print $4;} ' ' END { $2/=256;if($2>='${p[15]}') print int($2) } ' ' NR!=13{next};{sub(/[+-]$/,"",$NF)};'"`S0 21 22`" 'NR!=2{next}'"`S0 37 17`" ' NR!=5||$8!~/[RW]/{next};{ $(NF-1)=$1;$NF=int($NF/10000000);for(i=1;i<=3;i++){$i="";$(NF-1-i)="";};};'"`S0 19 20`" 's:^:/:p' '/\.kext\/(Contents\/)?Info\.plist$/p' 's/^.{52}(.+) <.+/\1/p' ' /Launch[AD].+\.plist$/ { n++;print;} END { if(n<200) print "/System/";} ' '/\.xpc\/(Contents\/)?Info\.plist$/p' ' NR>1&&!/0x|\.[0-9]+$|com\.apple\.launchctl\.(Aqua|Background|System)$/ { print $3;} ' ' /\.(framew|lproj)|\):/d;/plist:|:.+(Mach|scrip)/s/:[^:]+//p ' '/^root$/p' ' !/\/Contents\/.+\/Contents|Applic|Autom|Frameworks/&&/Lib.+\/Info.plist$/ { n++;print;} END { if(n<1100) print "/System/";} ' '/^\/usr\/lib\/.+dylib$/p' ' /Temp|emac/{next};/(etc|Preferences|Launch[AD].+)\// { sub(".(/private)?","");n++;print;} END { split("'"${p[41]}"'",b);split("'"${p[42]}"'",c);for(i in b) print b[i]".plist\t"c[i];if(n<500) print "Launch";} ' ' /\/(Contents\/.+\/Contents|Frameworks)\/|\.wdgt\/.+\.([bw]|plu)/d;p;' 's/\/(Contents\/)?Info.plist$//;p' ' { gsub("^| |\n","\\|\\|kMDItem'${p[35]}'=");sub("^...."," ") };1 ' p '{print $3"\t"$1}' 's/\'$'\t''.+//p' 's/1/On/p' '/Prox.+: [^0]/p' '$2>'${p[43]}'{$2=$2-1;print}' ' BEGIN { i="'${p[26]}'";M1='${p[16]}';M2='${p[18]}';M3='${p[31]}';M4='${p[32]}';} !/^A/{next};/%/ { getline;if($5<M1) a="user "$2"%, system "$4"%";} /disk0/&&$4>M2 { b=$3" ops/s, "$4" blocks/s";} $2==i { if(c) { d=$3+$4+$5+$6;next;};if($4>M3||$6>M4) c=int($4/1024)" in, "int($6/1024)" out";} END { if(a) print "CPU: "a;if(b) print "I/O: "b;if(c) print "Net: "c" (KiB/s)";if(d) print "Net errors: "d" packets/s";} ' ' /r\[0\] /&&$NF!~/^1(0|72\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])|92\.168)\./ { print $NF;exit;} ' ' !/^T/ { printf "(static)";exit;} ' '/apsd|BKAg|OpenD/!s/:.+//p' ' (/k:/&&$3!~/(255\.){3}0/ )||(/v6:/&&$2!~/A/ ) ' ' $1~"lR"&&$2<='${p[25]}';$1~"li"&&$3!~"wpa2";' ' BEGIN { FS=":";p="uniq -c|sed -E '"'s/ +\\([0-9]+\\)\\(.+\\)/\\\2 x\\\1/;s/x1$//'"'";} { n=split($3,a,".");sub(/_2[01].+/,"",$3);print $2" "$3" "a[n]$1|p;b=b$1;} END { close(p);if(b) print("\n\t* Code injection");} ' ' NR!=4{next} {$NF/=10240} '"`S0 27 14`" ' END { if($3~/[0-9]/)print$3;} ' ' BEGIN { L='${p[36]}';} !/^[[:space:]]*(#.*)?$/ { l++;if(l<=L) f=f"\n   "$0;} END { F=FILENAME;if(!F) exit;if(!f) f="\n   [N/A]";"cksum "F|getline C;split(C, A);C="checksum "A[1];"file -b "F|getline T;if(T!~/^(AS.+ (En.+ )?text(, with v.+)?$|(Bo|PO).+ sh.+ text ex|XM)/) F=F" ("T", "C")";else F=F" ("C")";printf("\nContents of %s\n%s\n",F,f);if(l>L) printf("\n   ...and %s more line(s)\n",l-L);} ' ' s/^ ?n...://p;s/^ ?p...:/-'$'\t''/p;' 's/0/Off/p' ' END{print NR} ' ' /id: N|te: Y/{i++} END{print i} ' ' / / { print "'"${p[28]}"'";exit;};1;' '/ en/!s/\.//p' ' NR!=13{next};{sub(/[+-M]$/,"",$NF)};'"`S0 39 40`" ' $10~/\(L/&&$9!~"localhost" { sub(/.+:/,"",$9);print $1": "$9|"sort|uniq";} ' '/^ +r/s/.+"(.+)".+/\1/p' 's/(.+\.wdgt)\/(Contents\/)?Info\.plist$/\1/p' 's/^.+\/(.+)\.wdgt$/\1/p' ' /l: /{ /DVD/d;s/.+: //;b0'$'\n'' };/s: /{ /V/d;s/^ */- /;H;};$b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;/APPLE [^:]+$/d;p;' ' /^find: /d;p;' "`S0 44 45`" ' BEGIN{FS="= "} /Path/{print $2} ' ' /^ *$/d;s/^ */   /;' ' s/^.+ |\(.+\)$//g;p ' '/\.(appex|pluginkit)\/Contents\/Info\.plist$/p' ' /2/{print "WARN"};/4/{print "CRITICAL"};' ' /EVHF|MACR|^s/d;s/^.+: //p;' );c1=(system_profiler pmset\ -g nvram fdesetup find syslog df vm_stat sar ps crontab iotop top pkgutil 'PlistBuddy 2>&1 -c "Print' whoami cksum kextstat launchctl smcDiagnose sysctl\ -n defaults\ read stat lsbom mdfind ' for i in ${p[24]};do ${c1[18]} ${c2[27]} $i;done;' pluginkit scutil dtrace profiles sed\ -En awk /S*/*/P*/*/*/C*/*/airport networksetup mdutil lsof test osascript\ -e );c2=(com.apple.loginwindow\ LoginHook '" /L*/P*/loginw*' "'tell app \"System Events\" to get properties of login items'|tr , \\\n" 'L*/Ca*/com.ap*.Saf*/E*/* -d 1 -name In*t -exec '"${c1[14]}"' :CFBundleDisplayName" {} \;|sort|uniq' '~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \)' '.??* -path .Trash -prune -o -type d -name *.app -print -prune' :${p[35]}\" :Label\" '{/,}L*/{Con,Pref}* -type f ! -size 0 -name *.plist -exec plutil -s {} \;' "-f'%N: %l' Desktop L*/Keyc*" therm sysload boot-args status " -F '\$Time \$(RefProc): \$Message' -k Sender Req 'fsev|kern|launchd' -k RefProc Rne 'Aq|WebK' -k Message Rne 'Goog|ksadm|probe|Roame|SMC:|smcD|sserti|suhel| VALI|ver-r|xpma' -k Message Req 'abn|bad |Beac|caug|corru|dead[^bl]|FAIL|fail|GPU |hfs: Ru|inval|jnl:|last value [1-9]|NVDA\(|pagin|proc: t|Roamed|rror|SL|TCON|Throttli|tim(ed? ?|ing )o|WARN' " '-du -n DEV -n EDEV 1 10' 'acrx -o comm,ruid,%cpu' '-t1 10 1' '-f -pfc /var/db/r*/com.apple.*.{BS,Bas,Es,J,OSXU,Rem,up}*.bom' '{/,}L*/Lo*/Diag* -type f -regex .\*[cght] ! -name .?\* ! -name \*ag \( -exec grep -lq "^Thread c" {} \; -exec printf \* \; -o -true \) -execdir stat -f:%Sc:%N -t%F {} \;|sort -t: -k2 |tail -n'${p[38]} '/S*/*/Ca*/*xpc* >&- ||echo No' '-L /{S*/,}L*/StartupItems -type f -exec file {} +' '-L /S*/L*/{C*/Sec*A,Ex}* {/,}L*/{A*d,Ca*/*/Ex,Co{mpon,reM},Ex,In{p,ter},iTu*/*P,Keyb,Mail/B,Pr*P,Qu*T,Scripti,Sec,Servi,Spo,Widg}* -path \\*s/Resources -prune -o -type f -name Info.plist' '/usr/lib -type f -name *.dylib' `awk "${s[31]}"<<<${p[23]}` "/e*/{auto,{cron,fs}tab,hosts,{[lp],sy}*.conf,mach_i*/*,pam.d/*,ssh{,d}_config,*.local} {,/usr/local}/etc/periodic/*/* /L*/P*{,/*}/com.a*.{Bo,sec*.ap}*t {/S*/,/,}L*/Lau*/*t .launchd.conf" list getenv /Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf\ globalstate --proxy '-n get default' -I --dns -getdnsservers\ "${p[N5]}" -getinfo\ "${p[N5]}" -P -m\ / '' -n1 '-R -l1 -n1 -o prt -stats command,uid,prt' '--regexp --only-files --files com.apple.pkg.*|sort|uniq' -kl -l -s\ / '-R -l1 -n1 -o mem -stats command,uid,mem' '+c0 -i4TCP:0-1023' com.apple.dashboard\ layer-gadgets '-d /L*/Mana*/$USER&&echo On' '-app Safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled' "+c0 -l|awk '{print(\$1,\$3)}'|sort|uniq -c|sort -n|tail -1|awk '{print(\$2,\$3,\$1)}'" -m 'L*/{Con*/*/Data/L*/,}Pref* -type f -size 0c -name *.plist.???????|wc -l' kern.memorystatus_vm_pressure_level '3>&1 >&- 2>&3' " -F '\$Time \$Message' -k Sender kernel -k Message CSeq 'n Cause: -' " );N1=${#c2[@]};for j in {0..9};do c2[N1+j]=SP${p[j]}DataType;done;N2=${#c2[@]};for j in 0 1;do c2[N2+j]="-n ' syscall::'${p[33+j]}':return { @out[execname,uid]=sum(arg0) } tick-10sec { trunc(@out,1);exit(0);} '";done;l=(Restricted\ files Hidden\ apps 'Elapsed time (s)' POST Battery Safari\ extensions Bad\ plists 'High file counts' User Heat System\ load boot\ args FileVault Diagnostic\ reports Log 'Free space (MiB)' 'Swap (MiB)' Activity 'CPU per process' Login\ hook 'I/O per process' Mach\ ports kexts Daemons Agents XPC\ cache Startup\ items Admin\ access Root\ access Bundles dylibs Apps Font\ issues Inserted\ dylibs Firewall Proxies DNS TCP/IP Wi-Fi Profiles Root\ crontab User\ crontab 'Global login items' 'User login items' Spotlight Memory Listeners Widgets Parental\ Controls Prefetching SATA Descriptors App\ extensions Lockfiles Memory\ pressure SMC Shutdowns );N3=${#l[@]};for i in 0 1 2;do l[N3+i]=${p[5+i]};done;N4=${#l[@]};for j in 0 1;do l[N4+j]="Current ${p[29+j]}stream data";done;A0() { id -G|grep -qw 80;v[1]=$?;((v[1]==0))&&sudo true;v[2]=$?;v[3]=`date +%s`;clear >&-;date '+Start time: %T %D%n';};for i in 0 1;do eval ' A'$((1+i))'() { v=` eval "${c1[$1]} ${c2[$2]}"|'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};A'$((3+i))'() { v=` while read i;do [[ "$i" ]]&&eval "${c1[$1]} ${c2[$2]}" \"$i\"|'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}";done<<<"${v[$4]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};A'$((5+i))'() { v=` while read i;do '${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$1]}" "$i";done<<<"${v[$2]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};A'$((7+i))'() { v=` eval sudo "${c1[$1]} ${c2[$2]}"|'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};';done;A9(){ v=$((`date +%s`-v[3]));};B2(){ v[$1]="$v";};for i in 0 1;do eval ' B'$i'() { v=;((v['$((i+1))']==0))||{ v=No;false;};};B'$((3+i))'() { v[$2]=`'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}"<<<"${v[$1]}"`;} ';done;B5(){ v[$1]="${v[$1]}"$'\n'"${v[$2]}";};B6() { v=` paste -d: <(printf "${v[$1]}") <(printf "${v[$2]}")|awk -F: ' {printf("'"${f[$3]}"'",$1,$2)} ' `;};B7(){ v=`grep -Fv "${v[$1]}"<<<"$v"`;};C0() { [[ "$v" ]]&&sed -E "$s"<<<"$v";};C1() { [[ "$v" ]]&&printf "${f[$1]}" "${l[$2]}" "$v"|sed -E "$s";};C2() { v=`echo $v`;[[ "$v" != 0 ]]&&C1 0 $1;};C3() { v=`sed -E "${s[63]}"<<<"$v"`&&C1 1 $1;};for i in 1 2 7 8;do for j in 0 2 3;do eval D$i$j'(){ A'$i' $1 $2 $3; C'$j' $4;};';done;done;{ A0;D20 0 $((N1+1)) 2;D10 0 $N1 1;B0;C2 27;B0&&! B1&&C2 28;D12 15 37 25 8;A1 0 $((N1+2)) 3;C0;D13 0 $((N1+3)) 4 3;D23 0 $((N1+4)) 5 4;D13 0 $((N1+9)) 59 50;for i in 0 1 2;do D13 0 $((N1+5+i)) 6 $((N3+i));done;D13 1 10 7 9;D13 1 11 8 10;B1&&D73 19 53 67 55;D22 2 12 9 11;D12 3 13 10 12;D23 4 19 44 13;D23 5 54 12 56;D23 5 14 12 14;D22 6 36 13 15;D22 20 52 66 54;D22 7 37 14 16;D23 8 15 38 17;D22 9 16 16 18;B1&&{ D82 35 49 61 51;D82 11 17 17 20;for i in 0 1;do D82 28 $((N2+i)) 45 $((N4+i));done;};D22 12 44 54 45;D22 12 39 15 21;A1 13 40 18;B2 4;B3 4 0 19;A3 14 6 32 0;B4 0 5 11;A1 17 41 20;B7 5;C3 22;B4 4 6 21;A3 14 7 32 6;B4 0 7 11;B3 4 0 22;A3 14 6 32 0;B4 0 8 11;B5 7 8;B1&&{ A8 18 26 23;B7 7;C3 23;};A2 18 26 23;B7 7;C3 24;D13 4 21 24 26;B4 4 12 26;B3 4 13 27;A1 4 22 29;B7 12;B2 14;A4 14 6 52 14;B2 15;B6 14 15 4;B3 0 0 30;C3 29;A1 4 23 27;B7 13;C3 30;B3 4 0 65;A3 14 6 32 0;B4 0 16 11;A1 26 50 64;B7 16;C3 52;D13 24 24 32 31;D13 25 37 32 33;A2 23 18 28;B2 16;A2 16 25 33;B7 16;B3 0 0 34;B2 21;A6 47 21&&C0;B1&&{ D73 21 0 32 19;D73 10 42 32 40;D82 29 35 46 39;};D23 14 1 62 42;D12 34 43 53 44;D12 22 20 32 25;D22 0 $((N1+8)) 51 32;D13 4 8 41 6;D12 21 28 35 34;D13 27 29 36 35;A2 27 32 39&&{ B2 19;A2 33 33 40;B2 20;B6 19 20 3;};C2 36;D23 33 34 42 37;B1&&D83 35 45 55 46;D23 32 31 43 38;D12 36 47 32 48;D13 10 42 32 41;D13 37 2 48 43;D13 4 5 32 1;D13 4 3 60 5;D12 21 48 49 49;B3 4 22 57;A1 21 46 56;B7 22;B3 0 0 58;C3 47;D22 4 4 50 0;D12 4 51 32 53;D23 22 9 37 7;A9;C2 2;} 2>/dev/null|pbcopy;exit 2>&-
    Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.
    8. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:
    ☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)
    ☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.
    ☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.
    Click anywhere in the Terminal window and paste by pressing command-V. The text you pasted should vanish immediately. If it doesn't, press the return key.
    9. If you see an error message in the Terminal window such as "Syntax error" or "Event not found," enter
    exec bash
    and press return. Then paste the script again.
    10. If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. In most cases, the difference is not important. If you don't know the password, or if you prefer not to enter it, press the key combination control-C or just press return  three times at the password prompt. Again, the script will still run.
    If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that requires administrator privileges.
    11. The test may take a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, there will be nothing in the Terminal window and no indication of progress. Wait for the line
    [Process completed]
    to appear. If you don't see it within half an hour or so, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, close the Terminal window and report what happened. No harm will be done.
    12. When the test is complete, quit Terminal. The results will have been copied to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.
    At the top of the results, there will be a line that begins with the words "Start time." If you don't see that, but instead see a mass of gibberish, you didn't wait for the "Process completed" message to appear in the Terminal window. Please wait for it and try again.
    If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.
    13. When you post the results, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "You are not authorized to post." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.
    14. This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak only for themselves, and I don't necessarily agree with them.
    Copyright © 2014 by Linc Davis. As the sole author of this work, I reserve all rights to it except as provided in the Use Agreement for the Apple Support Communities website ("ASC"). Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

• Logic error-hard drive too slow or system overload (new macbook!)

have made a few short tracks with logic with no probs. when i have tried to play the demo songs which have many tracks, i get an error msg saying hd too slow or system overload. i have a new macbook, 2.4, 2mb ram, 250 gb hd (with loads space left). airport turned off when using logic. what gives???

Samples that I am using are located on a 7200 external HD.
    Is your external formatted for Mac? If you didn't buy it from a store that sells mac drives specifically, it's probably formatted for windows. You must reformat for Mac or you'll have a lot of performance issues.
    I've a Macbook 2,2 Ghz Core 2 DUO with 2Go of RAM.
    You should get more Ram, it's really cheap these days.
    Airport is disconnected. My AUdio Buffer is 1024 in the Logic preferences.
    Make sure the I/O Safety Buffer is OFF, and then set the buffer size at 256 or 512.

• HP Laserjet M1132 MFP is too slow over the network!

Hi,
    My HP Laserjet M1132 MFP is too slow over the network!
    I have connect the printer to a windows XP 32bit SP3 using UBS port. The printer works fine on the local computer but when sharing it over the network it works too slow, for example with print test page it takes about 45 seconds to print and for other documents it takes much longer time.
    I have installed the latest driver form HP website and upgrade the firmware it the latest version.
    It happens on other Windows XP machines as well.
    I connected the printer to my laptop (Windows 7 64bit) and it works fine (No delays over the network) and it seems that this problem have some relations with the windows XP Driver.
    I have used local port trick on remote machines (instead of regular method) like this:
    ''add a local printer;
    'new port'
    'localport'
    \\XPcomputer\HPPrinterName as port name
    but still nothing!
    There is nothing wrong with the network, we use to use a Samsung printer on the same machines over the network with no problem.
    I Really appreciate your HELP!
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

BEHZAD_T, how is the printer connected to the network (wireless or Ethernet)? If it is slow wirelessly, I would suggest trying to connect the printer to your router with the Ethernet cord and install it to the networked computer that way.
    Another question is, relatively speaking, how close to your router are the Samsung printer and the HP printer? Depending on the distance (and what stands between the devices) there can be a lag between sending a print job and it being received by the printer.
    Let me know!

• DVD-Drive is too slow on Satellite A100-507

the dvd-drive mat****a dvd-ram uj-841s of my satelite a100-507 is too slow. (~1000 Kb/s - much too slow to watch a movie - and it dosn't depend on the player.)
    the technical specifications of the manufacturer is 8x read + write for DVDs, even i can write DVDs up to 2.4x
    is this a software problem? (i'm using Windows XP)

Hi
    Are you not able to watch DVD on your notebook or what is the problem?
    I have investigated a little bit and found some drive specifications:
    Maximum read speed:
    CD-ROM 24xMax
    DVD-ROM 8xMax
    Maximum write speed:
    CD-R 24xMax
    CD-RW 4xMax
    HS CD-RW 10xMax
    US CD-RW 10xMax
    US+ CD-RW N/A
    DVD-R 8xMax
    DVD-R(Double Layer) 2xMax
    DVD-RW 4xMax
    DVD+R 8xMax
    DVD+R(Double Layer) 2.4xMax
    DVD+RW 4xMax
    DVD-RAM 5xMax
    So you info about 8x read + write for DVDs is not exactly true. It depends on the DVD medium.
    Additionally its important to mention that these are the max values.
    Sometimes the drive reads or writes with lower speed. It depends on a cache status.

• Golive CS2 too slow on my Mac g5 to get any work done?

For the past 2 years I have been slowly building a rather large web site (about 2000 hours invested). We will be selling items we import from india (my girlfriend and I spend 3 moths a year in India) and then there is an entire section on India travel tips, photos and travel logs.
    I am pleased with Golive 6.01 and recently converted my site to CS2, just to find it is very slow on my macintosh G5 and many weird bugs And site looks the same as in 6.01 when previewed in various browsers. Also in CS2 when I click on preview button, the page I want to work on closes and the page that brought me to that page pops up.
    I bought a G5 macintosh which should run CS2 more quickly but:
    I have yet to see my site in Explorer 7 for Windows because Microsoft did not make Explorer for Mac after version 5.0.
    My question is:
    Why not complete site in 6.01 and then before it is published convert to CS2. I can't get anything done with CS2 it is just way too slow.
    Thanks Stuart
    (Could installing 2 versions of Golive on one drive be generating the bugs?)

Hi all:
    Been cleaning up Site (weird files not in my site but on desktop keep showing up as errors) got ride of them. Turned of my internet connection). Things seem to be getting better.......for now. Working on G4....will move to my G5 and see.
    Might pull this one out.
    Why several target files with only one source show as an error is an irratation because help says it's not really an error and can be ignored.
    OH...one quick question do SOURCE files get uploaded to host when one publishes? Or perhaps a better question! Do SOURCE files need to be uploaded to host. I suspect not...but I also suspect It's OK..might just slow things down a bit?
    Thanks to all of you.....this miserable world needs more like you all!
    Mac
    Stuart Sims aka Master Quark

Maybe you are looking for

• Smartforms main window is not extending as it was made as a second window

My Requirement is smartform coof two pages in which second one is an annexure. the second page should come for all the reports. now my first pages main window is not extending as it was made as secondary window.

• How to run sqlplus commands in php

Hello, I want to start and stop the oracle database from php page but i get the following error: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement in /var/www/shutdown.php on line 13I read somewhere that oci_execute cannot execute sqlplus commands, so my question is

• JAVA Detection problem

Hi I am using ECC 6.0. My JAVA Server not getting started. In MMC Its not showing any of JAVA processes to start. Following is the contents of DEV_JCONTROL file. Can any body help me to resolve this. Thanks in advance trc file: "H:\usr\sap\EC6\DVEBMG

• New Business Process

Hi SAP gurus !! I need  Help/inputs on the following business Process: We are into manufacturing & selling of Diesel Locomotive Engines. These Engines & its subcomponents first we assemble at a remote place far from main Plant. once the Engine is rea

• OBIEE11g Presentation services startup error

Hi, I have installed OBIEE 11G uses weblogic 10.3.3.0 in Windows server 2003. It was running smoothly for few days. Then I added samp app lite rpd using enterprise manager. Now Iam getting the error Error 500--Internal Server Error From RFC 2068 Hype