Windows 8 for New T530

I just placed an order for a T530.  Will I be able to get Windows 8 at some kind of a discount.  I seem to recall an prior opportunity to get it for $15? 
ThinkPad T530 2359-CTO i7-3520M (up to 3.60 GHz) 16GB RAM, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD, 15.6" 1600 x 900 LED, NVIDIA NVS 5400M Graphics with Optimus Technology
ThinkPad T60 8744-5BU
T7200(2GHz), 4GB RAM, 256GB Crucial C-300 SSD HD, 15.4in 1680x1050 LCD, 256MB ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5250, CDRW/DVDRW, Win7 Ultimate 32bit

Hey there r3dko,
It's all a matter of personal opinion.  You will have to read up on Windows 8, and make the decision for yourself.  I do not believe that Microsoft will force everyone to Windows 8, but I'm not 100% sure.  Don't quote me on it. lol

Similar Messages

• Which version of windows for new 09 white macbook?

Hi all-
    I just bought the new 09- 13" white macbook. My wife needs some really basic MS office stuff- just word and excel- for her work so we're looking at buying some version of windows or office or something. I know with Bootcamp we can use windows, but I only want/need the most stripped down version I can get away with and still have word and excel.
    What should I buy? I see Windows XP for under $100. Office for mac is more expensive. Again- just really need word and excel, so any opinions?
    Thanks!
    -Danny

For my 2 cents, Office for Mac is the "pits". Most of the reviews give the program high ratings, but my rant with the program is that the "learning curve" is more than I want deal with. I bought the program and every time I open it up, I have to hunt for menu items that I can find in a flash with the Windows version. The Word program is not as bad as the Excel program (which I find almost unusable). If you're going this route, I would strongly advise checking it out before shelling out cash. The Excel program definitely ***** IF you're transferring files back and forth from Windows.
    After my experience, I went with Parallels 4.0 (virtual machine) and loaded Vista Home Premium. It runs fine, but I probably should have gone with XP. I'm running my '03 Office there and it works fine.
    If you're willing to take on this learning curve with Windows for Mac, that's probably one of the cheapest ways to go. I think the Home version is around $75.

• Runtime.exec() - how to open new window for new program?

Hi,
    I have searched through the forums but haven't found an answer to this one yet. I am using runtime.exec() to start up a new java program. At first I thought it wasn't running properly but, after checking task manager, I have discovered that the new program I open runs, it is just completely invisible to me. I am wondering how I can get the new program to run in a command window or something where I can monitor it.
    Thank you for your help,
    Drew

Thank you all. After trying to figure out why the start command wouldn't work in the runtime.exec() call(not an executable - I am a dolt), I tried putting it in a batch file and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help,
    Drew

• W windows for new HardWare

I need to download the X windows which support the last modern displays for Sol8 where can I find it to download it ?

I had a similar problem with a 945p neo platinum board.  Anything I plug into any PCI slot didn't detect.  I solved the problem by flashing to the latest BIOS for the board.  Now everything seems to be working fine.
    Maybe that might work for you?

• Error report on windows for new itunes download

i keep getting error reports when i try to run itunes, but i have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing has changed...any ideas??

Hello donada6240,
    That definitely sounds frustrating. We have two potential fixes:
    A) The issue may be isolated to your Wi-Fi network. Simply trying again on a different network will give us more insight into where the problem lies.
    B) If the issue does not occur on your computer with iTunes, you may be able to download the purchases there, then sync to your iPad.
    I highly recommend trying a different good-known network. And if it is indeed isolated to your network, see the following articles:
    iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398
    iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199
    Thanks,
    Matt M.

• Keynote for News Type Presentation

I would like to ask a question regarding a project I am undertaking...the project is to build a presentation that mimics the many "News TV stations" that are out there on television today...you know the ones I'm talking about, where there is a main video window for news and stories, and then there is a ticker tape running across the bottom with news headlines, sports scores, stock market info, etc....there could also be other sections on the side displaying weather information and traffic information...my question is, what is the best way to go about building this type of presentation...is Keynote the way to go? If so, does anyone know of any templates that could help me achieve my goals?
    Thanks

If all you want is to feed information from websites, you could do multiple web views per page (Insert > Web View).
    If you are picky about exactly how content fits into those web view windows, you could build some web pages yourself with iFrames loading the original sites and located appropriately (the way you want) and then link from Keynote to those pages you build.
    Lot of work, but if you want multiple windows per slide, it may be worth it.

• Selectively disable autoopen of nautilus windows when new media inser

Is it possible to selectively disable auto open of nautilus windows for new media inserted?
    For example, I want GNOME/Nautilus not to open nautilus browse window for specific block devices, like a couple of my external USB drives, maybe some USB memory sticks too.
    AFAIK it can only be disabled completely but can it be done only for some select devices?
    If no, can you think of any other methods to achieve the same behavior while retaining auto-mount capability?

You didn't say what you chose to use in the wiki page link.
    That page contains many references to different tools and methods for automounting.
    If you used the '/bin/su $USERNAME -c $COMMAND' in a ACTION, RUN entry of a udev rule, the command should be run with root privileges, so should not require a password.
    But I suggest that you look to the 'Automounting UDisks Wrappers' rather than writing udev rules.
    But it's your choice to use what you decide to, if it gives you what you expect.

• I want the cursor to be in the address bar when creating a new window; it works for new tabs and in a new private window, but not in safe mode.

I have tried following the advice offered in the few different threads I have found on this but nothing fixes it. I want the cursor to be in the address bar when I open a new window and/or when firefox opens without restoring a previous session. I fixed the issue for new tabs via about:config but this doesn't work for new windows. I tried safe mode and the problem persists. In new private windows the cursor is in the address bar.

The search box in about:home steals the cursor. Changing your home page to something else will cause the cursor to start in the address bar for new windows.

• Open a link in new window for .doc, .xls, .pdf

How to link a PDF, word, & Excel file in fla by clicking
    a button?
    That link will open seperate window for any of these document
    with the swf file still open in the background.

vveena123 wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I immediately need help,plz help me.this is not the way to get help around here
    try stating the problem professionally, without the assumption that your problem is important to others
    I have a jsp which has a link that should open in a new window.
    when the user clicks again the same link it should not open in another new window instead it should open the previous window.this has nothing to do with java or jsp
    this is an html target question
    testing
    say if a user clicks the link 5 times it shud not open 5 windows instead only 1
    Thanks in advanceuse target="new" i think

• How do I create a new window for the iTunes store?

Hi,
    I have the latest iTunes update on a Windows PC, but I can't seem to open any new windows for the iStore like you used to be able to, so you have to come out of your iTunes library (annoying if you want to check that you haven't already purchased a song you're looking at etc.).
    Please tell me there is a fix (easy or difficult) for this!!
    Matt
    P.s. I have the latest iTunes update.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

Reboot the ATV and try it again. If it still won't play correctly, find the file in your iTunes store purchase history, click on the "Report a Problem" link, and report it to iTunes store support.

• As of yesterday 3/1/2015 T'bird stopped reading mail rationally on ONE of my two Windows 7 PC's and when aksed to check for new email retrieves the SAME message

no matter how many times I ask T'bird to check for new mail I get back ANOTHER copy of the same message dated 7:28am and NO MAIL received after that reaches my INBOX. On my other PC running Windows 7 only ONE copy of the 7:28am transmission arrives as does all subsequent email sent to me at this address... both PC's are protected by Avast anti-virus software. Turning the rogue PC off and on did not help nor did uploading and installing an updated version of T'bird.

Are the setup the same? same accounts, same folders, same messages, same filters same add-ons?
    If that the case make a copy of the good profile and replace the bad one with that.

• Tabs for new windows no longer accumulate; only current tab shows. How do I get new sites on tabs?

Previously, tabs for new links showed at top of address bar and accumulated as I surfed. Now, only current site/window shows an accompanying tab. What happened to the tabbing process? Can't find an answer in Firefox Help. I have Windows 7. Thanks. Kusgol

I use that add-on. Works great.

• Overly Excited New User Needs Advice on Windows for Mac

As of Christmas day, I am a proud owner of a new MBP 17" beautiful piece of machinery! I'm coming from a PC so you can imagine my excitement when I opened this gift from my parents. Also, I'm 33 years old so getting a gift this amazing from your parents is pretty huge!
    Anyway, the point is I have to use a program for work that is only available for Windows and I just need some advice on whether to use Parallels or VM or just use the free boot camp. I don't want to use Windows for anything other than this program. Is there a way around having to buy the whole Windows OS? Also, is iWork any better than Office? Not sure which of those to buy either. I hate that I even have to have Windows on my new Mac! Thanks for any advice.

Hi eightezsteps, welcome to Apple Discussions!
    What program do you need? Often PC programs have equivalents on the Mac platform, or even Mac versions that many people are not aware of. There are very few file formats that Macs cannot deal with.
    The choice of Parallels, VMWare, or Boot Camp will also depend on whether you require 3D graphics support with that application. So, we'll need to know what it is!
    is iWork any better than Office?
    I prefer it to Office now after using it for a year. However, it is different, and there is a slight learning curve to it. Once you discover the differences from Office, you'll be as productive if not moreso. You should be aware that some of the more advanced features of Office are sometimes not included in iWork though. So if you require advanced formulas and macros in Excel (for example) to be cross-platform compatible then you'll need Office. If your work is slightly less hardcore than that, you'll be just fine with iWork once you get used to it.
    I do some pretty extensive academic writing (scientific) using Pages and Numbers and I have never ran into anything it could not do for me. That includes formulae and scientific notation.
    --Travis

• How can I create an icon for "New Tab" (not "new window") on the toolbar?

I want to have an icon for New Tab on the toolbar. I cannot find such icon on the Customize option.
    Is this possible?
    BTW I tried to check options-->tabs-->open new windows in a new tab instead, but this does not help and when clicking the "new Window" icon on the toolbar, indeed a new window - and not a new tab - opens.
    Thanks.

You can open the Customize window and drag the New Tab (+) button form the tab bar on another toolbar. It will become a regular New Tab toolbar button.
    Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize" or via "Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout"

• My new Dell PC running Windows 8 does not recognize my iPad or iPhone. Worked OK for iPhone for months but would not work for new iPad.  I removed /relaoded iTunes and now it won't recognize either iPad or iPhone.

My new Dell PC running Windows 8 does not recognize my iPad or iPhone. Worked OK for iPhone for months but would not work for new iPad.  I removed /relaoded iTunes and now it won't recognize either iPad or iPhone. Got any suggestions?

Hi there Lizabethfromaz,
    You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.
    iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538
    -Griff W. 

Maybe you are looking for