Wireless Network disconnect when plugging or unplugging A/C power on T60

Wireless disconnects whenever I connect or disconnect the power supply (no matter what percentage of remaining battery).
ThinkPad T60
This issue is reproduceable and also happens on my coworker's T60 too.
Message Edited by perlphp on 12-13-2008 03:14 PM

I am told this can be caused by Deep Smart PowerDown enabled on the WIRED
connection, which causes the adaptor to vanish from the list in
Windows.
The wireless then disconnects, even though you're not using the wired adaptor!
To fix this:
1) Control Panel -> Network Connections
2) Locate the icon for your wired connection, right click, properties.
3) Click the configure button top right
4) In the advanced tab, scroll down the list until you find "deep
smart power down" (called something different on a T61) and change the
state to disabled.
5) Click OK twice.
This fixed my disconnection problem!

Similar Messages

• My ipod touch will recognize my home wireless network but when I try to select it the wheel just keeps spinning. It looks as though I have a good signal but my router is an older apple extreme. I've updated to the lasted firmware but it's still not workin

My ipod touch will recognize my home wireless network but when I try to select it the wheel just keeps spinning. It looks as though I have a good signal but my router is an older apple extreme. I've updated to the lasted firmware but it's still not working. I have two older imacs and a wii that connect to the router. Any thoughts? Thanks

- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost
    Reset iPod touch:  Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Power off and then back on the router
    - Reset network settings: Setting>:General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
    - iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

• HT1222 Hi Does anyone know how can I stop my iPhone 4s downloading automatic system update so reducing my network speed when plugged in to charge or connected to the pc ??? I'm really ok with my iOS 5.0.1 and I don't need 5.1

Hi Does anyone know how can I stop my iPhone 4s downloading automatic system update so reducing my network speed when plugged in to charge or connected to the pc ??? I'm really ok with my iOS 5.0.1 and I don't need 5.1

Setting up and troubleshooting Mail
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/mail/
    iPad Mail
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/mail/
    Try this first - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.)
    Or this - Delete the account in Mail and then set it up again. Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Accounts   Tap on the Account, then on the red button that says Remove Account.
     Cheers, Tom

• HT1595 Trying to connect my new apple tv to the wireless network. When I try to use the remote, the Apple TV doesn't respond (doesn't go to the next screen). Could this be caused by a weak wireless signal?

Trying to connect my new Apple TV to the wireless network. When I try to use the remote the Apple Tv doesn't respond ( doesn't go to the next screen). Could this be caused by a weak wireless signal?

It is not properly connected to the network.
    Make sure location is set correctly
    DNS should be on auto (settings - general - network)
    Try ethernet
    Signal strength on device won't account for issues, you would need a network report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. This will show accurate signal strength along with noise and nearby networks

• Out of the blue, my ITouch is unable to access my wireless network ONLY when my PC has been turned on (PC is connected via Ethernet cable, and has no wireless capability as far as I know).  What gives?  It works fine when the PC is off.

Out of the blue, my ITouch is unable to access my wireless network ONLY when my PC is on (the PC is connected via Ethernet cable, and has no wireless capabilities that I know of).  What gives?  When the PC is turned off, everything is totally fine.  I\m stumped. 

Does the iOS device connect to other networks?
    Does the iOS device see the network?
    Any error messages?
    Do other devices now connect?
    Did the iOS device connect before?
    Try the following to rule out a software problem:                 
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Power off and then back on your router
    .- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
    - iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
    - Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network       
    I suspect a problem with your router. Try changing the security. First use no security as a test.
    - iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
    - Restore from backup. See:
    iOS: How to back up
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
    If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

• My network disconnects when computer falls asleep???

I am working on Verizon Fios wireless network and my computer loses the network everytime the computer goes to sleep. The only time it works is when I do a full strt up. I have to switch over to to my airport express network after waking the computer.
    Is there some kind of setting I can change to help this stuation?
    Thanks so much.

Same here on my iMac 2013 running Mavericks. As soon as display goes asleep, Airplay disconnects. Caffeine does not help.
    Unchecking mirroring does not work either, leaving me with a screen resolution that's maybe fit for TV but unsuitable to work with when you want to carry on using your computer while music is playing on the Apple TV.
    I start wondering if Apple is actually doing sufficient testing of their software. These are rather basic errors.

• Networking disconnects when downloading but otherwise idle.

Since my "Macbook Pro 15" 2.6Gh Core 2 Duo 4Gb"s  upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mavericks if I am downloading a large file or lots of files over night when I am not using the computer for other things it's wifi network connection drops out(the network panel shows all the settings and the icon on the menu bar shows full strength BUT! there is no network activity.   If I turn the wifi off and on then the network data starts flowing again.
    Is this a Mavericks power saving thing or a bug or both?  Should I report it as a bug? (I think I might)

Please read this whole message before doing anything.
    This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.
    The purpose of this exercise is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party system modifications that load automatically at startup or login. Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards. Boot in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem. The instructions provided by Apple are as follows:
    Be sure your Mac is shut down.
    Press the power button.
    Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
    Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
    Safe mode is much slower to boot and run than normal, and some things won’t work at all, including wireless networking on certain Macs.
    The login screen appears even if you usually log in automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.
    Test while in safe mode. Same problem(s)?
    After testing, reboot as usual (i.e., not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

• Network disconnects when using youtube on ipad air

network disconnects and turns it self off when using youtube app on ipad air

Hello paulm250m
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    For more information on this, take a look at:
    iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398
    Wi-Fi disconnects or signal strength is less than expected
    Move closer to the Wi-Fi router (access point).
    Check for sources of potential interference.
    Remove any case, stand, or other accessories from your iOS device and see if signal strength improves.
    Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including
    previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    recently used Bluetooth accessories
    VPN and APN settings
    Best of luck,
    Mario

• Macbooks lose wireless network connections when they go to sleep

I work off a Mac in a busy office. We have a password-protected wireless network. The password is saved on my computer. Our landlord has an unprotected network. When I boot up, my Macbook tells me that it "can't find" any of my "trusted networks" and asks me if I want to join my landlord's. I say, no, pick the password protected network from the airport menu and log on. When the computer goes to sleep (or I shut the lid to put it to sleep), upon waking up, it asks me the same question. Usually takes a few seconds to find the right network.
    I have this problem in two offices with two wireless, password protected networks. One of the networks is brand new. My boss got a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and now he's having that problem on the brand new network, recently upgraded for future Electronic Medical Records applications.
    Only his problem is worse because it won't remember the network password. He gets the "not connected to the internet message," runs network diagnostics, chooses the protected network, reenters password, finally connects to the Internet, then has to close the computer to run back to work. (Quite comical if you're not getting the heat for it.)
    Note, neither of us have this problem in our homes where our computers run on Airport Extreme networks.
    Is there anything we can do to ensure that the Macbooks always find the password protected network and we don't have to re-enter the network password every time?

Thank you very much for your answer. Now I admit I'm a total non-techie. I see how to choose networking from system preferences and change location from automatic to new network. Then I can manually add the network. But do I also have to 'set macs to remember previous networks' and if so, how do I do that?

• CNS-9107 : Network disconnected when synchronize with PDA cradled

We are running into CNS-9107:Network disconnected during synchronization when we cradle the PDA. The problem only happens when the synchronization posts a sufficient amount of data, we saw the problem happened when the post content-length at 62K in my office, and 136K from my home, both are using the same mobile server, which is internet accessible.
    We got err=10035 [WINCE: 10035] in the debug.txt after we turned on debug by adding DEBUG=1 in the polite.txt on the PDA.
    Did anybody run into the same problem?
    Could anybody shed some light on what err=10035 [WINCE: 10035] means?
    Our environment are:
    Server: Oracle Lite 10.2.0.2.0
    PDA: Dell Axim X51v, Windows Mobile 5.0, our application is using Olite C# library to do the synchronization
    Activeync: 4.2
    Thanks in advance.
    dliu

I post our findings here, in case anybody else runs in the same problem.
    Possible solution 1: We got some patch DLL(olaes.dll and omcapi.dll) for WM 5.0 from oracle support, it looks promising to solve our problem, hope they will make to the future Oracle Lite release or patch.
    Possible solution 2: In fact, this solution can only be used as a workaround, rather than a solution. After we upgrade the ROM to A12 for my Dell Axim X51v, we noticed there is a new Icon called 'USB to PC' under the Connections settings. We uncheck the 'Enable advanced network functionality', which seems resolve our problem too.
    Hope this helps.

• Apple TV loses wireless network connection when using AirPlay from iPad or iPhone 5

Our Apple TV loses connectivity to our wireless network while using Airplay from our iPad or iPhone 5. This started occurring after the latest iOS update. We are able to wirelessly stream movies from iTunes without any problem. This issue occurs only when using AirPlay. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a:
    new MBPr 15" late 2013 with dedicated graphics card
    new airport extreme base station
    3rd generation apple tv
    iPhone 5s
    200mb download speed (not important, as streaming video on your local network has nothing todo with outside bandwidth)
    All equipment is up to date software wise. Airplay mirroring from my laptop to my apple tv is ok. I get frequent lag, pixelation, audio skip (every 10 mins or so).
    I'm using the 5ghz specturm to connect to the airport express so shouldn't have any inteference from my neibours (accordiing to iStumbler i'm the only person with a 5ghz setup using channel 30). I've tried connecting apple tv wirelessly and wired. No issues streaming from my iPhone or an iPad!
    Surprisingly, using apps such as Beemer or Air Video Server on my MBP work better than native mirroring when it comes to video play back.
    Strange when you think how Air Video works:
    Video file lives on MBP
    iPhone connects to laptop
    Video plays on iPhone and is sent to Apple TV via Air Mirroring
    Rather than:
    Video played on laptop
    Video sent to Apple TV
    Seems bizzare that my iPhone can handle better streaming than my pro laptop.

• TS1398 this didn't help me at all. out of the clear clue my iPad can't even scan for wireless networks. even when I type in my home wireless network name. my phone can connect to it but for whatever reason my iPad won't. nothing I've tried works. I'm ****

believe me I've tried EVERTHING and my iPad still 'can't scan for wireless networks'. it happened all of a sudden and is really really frustrating. I really don't want to have to drive 40 minutes to the nearest 'genius bar'. I'm about ready to break this thing over my knee. I've even tried the frig trick. it worked for about 30 seconds. and then? nothing. any non sarcastic suggestions?

believe me I've tried EVERTHING and my iPad still 'can't scan for wireless networks'. it happened all of a sudden and is really really frustrating. I really don't want to have to drive 40 minutes to the nearest 'genius bar'. I'm about ready to break this thing over my knee. I've even tried the frig trick. it worked for about 30 seconds. and then? nothing. any non sarcastic suggestions?

• Wireless Network Crashing When IPod Connected

Why would my wireless network (TimeCapsule) crash each and every time an iPod is turned on and tries to connect to the wireless network? 
    I normally have two laptops Cat5'd to the LAN and one iPad connected to the wireless network.
    Your comments are appreciated,
    John

Hi oNewton,
    Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.
    It's difficult to say why your Time Capsule is exhibiting this behavior, and it is definitely unexpected.
    As a starting point for troubleshooting, I recommend resetting the Time Capsule using the steps in this article:
    Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ
    All the best,
    Jeremy

• How can I use an Airport Express to join my wireless network and provide an internet signal to my Power Mac g5 via an ethernet cable?

I have a power mac g5 that does not have a wireless card, and connects to the internet via ethernet cable.
    I want to know how to set up an airport express so that it joins my wireless home network and provides the G5 with an internet signal.
    This via an ethernet cable that is plugged  into the airport express and then into the ethernet port on the g5.
    Please advise as I have configured the airport express in every way possible, the green light is on and when I plug the ethernet cable into the G5 my network cofigurations shows nothing and says that the ethernet cable is not plugged in (It is).
    I get an internet signal if the ethernet cable is plugged directly into my wireless router, so the ethernet port works.
    Please assist. Thanks.

Two requirements that must be met to do what you want.......
    1) An AirPort Express 802.11n must be used. Check the Model No on the label on the side of the Express. It needs to be A1264. Any other model number will not do what you want.
    2) The Express must be configured to "Join a wireless network" and the option to enable Ethernet Clients must be checked. 
    Open AirPort Utility and click Manual Setup
    Click the Wireless tab below the row of icons
    The box to "Allow Ethernet Clients" must be checked
    Please check to verify that your AirPort Express meets both requirements

• T61 constantly freezing when plugged in, works on battery power

Hi,
    Recently I  had my hard drive replaced at an authorized ThinkPad computer center.  Things have been working fine for over a month.  Recently, I have had the same problem with my laptop.  When it is running on battery power, everything works smoothly.  Once I plug it in to charge, everything locks up and freezes within 10 seconds without fail.  This occurs every time.  Even if I put my T61 to sleep or hibernate it, and then start charging, it will not work.  I am forced to unplug it and take out the battery and try again.  If I start with the computer off but plugged in and boot up Vista, it will either not start up or freeze once I log-in.
    Thank you for help in advance.

Hello collegeuser, welcome here!
    Please check this thread out. There should be a solution to your problem.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

Maybe you are looking for

• Loading Images One Page at a Time

Has anyone else encountered this problem whereby when images are loaded into Lightroom and I ask it to load with presets e.g. sharpen portraits, it does the job but only for those images that are on the current view i.e. I have to scroll down to the

• "Go to Current Song" freezes iTunes 11.1

-on both my early 2009 24-in iMac using 10.8.5 and my early 201115-in MacBookPro. Anyone else? Any ideas? AND: did we just loose scroll bars in the library/playlist section, or have we been without for a while? Thanks.

• Canvas Problem:  "Display Unavailable"

I am getting a "Display Unavailable" message when I bring clips to the timeline, even on cips that are just video, not psd files. The canvas is red like it is when media is offline, but instead it reads: Display Unavailable. Close and reopen to resto

• What happened to Export naming options?

What happened to the Export options? I had a preset that renamed my images in the format desired by my newspaper. Now, all I see is the ability to adjust the size, and the gamma (?)? Perhaps the options moved? I know! They moved the options over with

• How to resolve After Effects CC 2014 error:

how to resolve After Effects CC 2014 error: Could not create the file '/Users/User/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.0/dummy'. Every time I try launch any of my CC programs, i keep getting this error message, has anyone come across this befo