Worried about My new Hardrive in my T400 :(

Hello
I just got an Hitachi HardDrive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145275
When I installed it and restored evrt with the DVD, I noticed that the Hard Drive is always doing a small ( small) vibration, it is not really annoying but I was wondering if it was normal or not. My previous HD ( 5200 rpm / 160 gb) wasnt doing any noise at all
Thank you for your answers
Steve

What jimbo said...
I tried two Seagate drives in my T400.  Both had so much vibration it was distracting.  The Hitachi 320GB drive I use now is nearly silent and has minimal vibration.
It's very likely that a replacement drive would do the same thing, but if you are worried, the only way to find out is to replace the drive.
Z.
The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• I have just purchased a new ipad2 to replace my old ipad. How do i sync all the data in my apps I am worried about losing my data?

I have just purchased a new ipad2 to replace my old ipad. How do i sync all the data in my apps I am worried about losing my data?

iPad settings and data created and stored by a 3rd party party app along with app settings are included with the iPad's backup along with other data.
    If you are syncing your iPad direct with iTunes on your computer via USB, the iPad's backup is updated as the first step during the iTunes sync process.
    The first time you connect a new iPad or iOS device to iTunes that is used to sync with another iOS device, you are prompted to transfer the backup for the other iOS device to the new device. This is followed by a sync to transfer the same content from your computer that is on the old iPad to the new iPad such as music, movies, tv shows, 3rd party apps, photos, audio and print books, etc.

• My old PC broke, it was the only pc my classic was sync with. New PC only shows 1 song (recent purchase) so am worried about sync to it in case I lose the list on my ipod which is still intacted. How can I transfer my list to new PC

My old PC broke, it was the only pc my classic was sync with. New PC only shows 1 song (recent purchase) so am worried about syncing to new PC in case I lose the list on my iPod, which is still intacted. How can I transfer my list to new PC?

I'm having a similar problem, but I do have the key and is not working anyway.
    My old pc was running on windows 7 and my new one is an apple running on Lion.
    My phone is an Iphone IV and I can see all the bookmarks there.
    In order to sync, what I did was click on the "I don't have the device with me", I entered the key that was provided and the process finish ok. It says congratulations, etc, etc.
    But the bookmarks are not there, I tried merging data and replacing data on this computer options but is the same.
    Any suggestions?

• I'm new to the MAC world. I turned my computer on from 'sleep' mode, and a window was up stating that the IOS disk was full; asked me to force quit, then it just froze. It's been 2 hours. Help! I'm worried about losing photos/videos of my children. Thx!

I'm new to the MAC world. I turned my computer on from 'sleep' mode, and a window was up stating that the IOS disk was full; asked me to force quit, then it just froze. It's been 2 hours. Help! I'm worried about losing photos/videos of my children. Im not sure if there's something special I need to do once I turn it back on; in the meantime, its still on... which I'm afraid the picture on the screen will burn into the screen. Does that happen on iMac's? Thx!

Try a hard reset. ( holding Power til it restarts)
    Once to your desktop. Click the Apple icon >> About this mac >> More info>> Storage
    Once you see what you have the most of. Try to see what you can delete.
    Open up any folder>>all files>> or buy an external to store more data.
    Once deleting make sure you empty your trash.
    If you are new and its a new computer, you might need to bring it to a store for further assistence.
    Coast Guard Mechanic w/ an Apple Problem

• I my ipod isn't letting me swipe in on the lock screen, and for now, i've given up on that, and i just got a new laptop. So what i'd like to do is not worry about getting in my ipod, but to plug it in my computer and get my music off of it.

I my ipod isn't letting me swipe in on the lock screen, and for now, i've given up on that, and i just got a new laptop. So what i'd like to do is not worry about getting in my ipod, but to plug it in my computer and get my music off of it. it is not letting me do this because i have to unlock my ipod but, sadly i cannot, if anyone can help me it would be greartly appreitiated. 

You don't have to purchase it again, but you do have to download it.  See Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

• HT201441 i bought my iphone from faisalabad pakistan i dont know where is the original buyers of it now due to sm reason i had to make its software new and now its wanting id and password and i dnt knw that m v worried about it i paid 30000 rs to buy it :

i bought my iphone from faisalabad pakistan i dont know where is the original buyers of it now due to sm reason i had to make its software new and now its wanting id and password and i dnt knw that m v worried about it i paid 30000 rs to buy it ???

The Apple ID and Password that was Originally used to Activate the iDevice is required.
    If you cannot get this information from the seller
    Removing a device from a previous owner’s account
    You need to return the Device for a refund, as you will not be able to re-activate it.

• Worried About  New 13inch Macbook Pro

Hi guys,
    just upgraded to a MBP from the white macbook. Till now I am loving it but I am worried about two things.
    The battery of my new model (3 days old) is no where close to the claimed 8hrs. While I understand that 8hrs is just a claim and mostly in standby mode but I am still worried about my battery.
    My iSat pro shows its health 97% (yesterday it was 96) on 3 charge cycles.
    Also I get an estimate of 3 - 4 hrs battery time when I browsing on Safari, using iTunes, and full brightness and keyboard lit. Is that normal? My white macbook use to give me the same charge in good old days.
    Have I got a bad battery?
    I am new to the glass mousepad and taken aback by its slow response. I dont know if its a snow leopard bug or my trackpad is faulty. Sometimes double and right clicking doesnt happen and i have to tap hard.
    Also another peculiar problem is that if I have to shut a window or a tab in safari, sometimes when I click on the "X" nothing happens. I have to try it a couple of times or minimise it and then shut it. Its quite irritating. Can some one pls tell me why this problem is arising?
    Thanks

Hi Tanya,
    My iSat pro shows its health 97% (yesterday it was 96) on 3 charge cycles.
    Anything above 95% is quite fine for a new battery. This number will go up, down, sideways, etc. all the time. It is not a very accurate measurement of battery condition. If you have not yet calibrated your battery do that and see what it says.
    The full brightness on your display and keyboard are what is killing your battery life. The display is the single largest power draw on a notebook computer (by far!!). If you dim it down to 50% of lower you should see at least an hour or 1.5 hours added to your time estimate.
    As for the trackpad, I think something is wrong. Have you adjusted the tracking speed and double click speed in System Preferences? My Late 2008 trackpad is speedy and responsive. I never even click it; I just use tap to click.
    --Travis

• I have some usses with my iMac. In this days i am working in  videos and suddenly the computer turn off i am very  worried about it because the computer is new do not have more that 5 months

I have some usses with my iMac. In this days i am working in  videos and suddenly the computer turn off i am very  worried about it because the computer is new do not have more that 5 months, the other problem is i am working in whatever thing and suddenly the music is on and i do not nothing. Please help me.

Have you looked at the previous discussions listed on the right side of this page under the heading "More Like This"?
    BTW this is the iPod touch forum

• I rec'd an alert that my "Apple ID and phone no. are now being used for iCloud on a new iPhone."  I am not using iCloud and I don't have a new iPhone.  Is this something to worry about?

I rec'd an alert that my "Apple ID and phone no. are now being used for iCloud on a new iPhone."  I am not using iCloud and I don't have a new iPhone.  Is this something to worry about?

Howdy Libbidydooda,
    There are a couple of possibilities that may apply to the email you have received regarding your Apple ID. The first is that the email may be a legitimate warning that your Apple ID has been compromised. For this reason I would suggest that you change the password to your Apple ID as soon as possible. Use the instructions on this page -
    Apple ID: Changing your password - Apple Support
    In order to increase security for your Apple ID you may want to set up and use two-step verification. See this article for information about it -
    Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support
    The second possibilty is that the email is an attempt at "phishing" in order to get you to reveal personal information. Typically this is done with an email that looks like it comes from an official source but has links to web pages that, while they may look like they are real, may actually be gathering your information for use by others. This article has more information about phishing -
    Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support
    For this reason it is important that you do not follow any links in the email, as they may compromise your security.
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    Best,
    Brett L 

• I'm really worried about the security of my information. I have just turned on and tried to set up my new Iphone5. It keeps asking for my ex partners login details? She has never had access to my account??

I really dont understand how this works ....? Is this not a helpline??

No, this is community forums.
    Did you and your ex ever share an iCloud account or Apple ID?
    When is it asking for the info?
    Did you plug your phone into your computer to sync with iTunes? If so, it's nothing to worry about probably, it's probably trying to grab and app or something from your iTunes library from her account.

• Worried about deleted HDD Recovery files

Hi,
    I recently deleted HDD Recovery files off the second partioned hard drive on my laptop so I could merge it into one hardrive.
    Upon doing so I realised HDDRecovery may important.
    However I am a bit confused if you backed this up to DVD/CD which I have done anyway is this the same utility?
    So therefore I would have nothing to worry about?

Hi
    The HDD recovery was a useful option which would allow you to recovery the notebook without the usage of the Recovery DVD.
    You could simply recover the notebook using the HDD recovery option.
    But now this will not be possible because you have changed, deleted the HDD partition and therefore you could use only the recovery disk.
    I think it will not help to copy the HDD recovery files to the new partition because the previous HDD recovery contained some hidden signs and flags which pointed to the HDD recovery settings

• Do I need to worry about these event handlers in a grid from a memory leak perspective?

I'm pretty new to Flex and coudn't figure out how to add event handlers to inline item renderer components from the containing file script so I attached the listnerers simply as part of the components themselves (eg <mx:Checkbox ... chnage="outerDocument.doSomething(event)"../>):
    <mx:DataGrid id="targetsGrid" width="100%" height="100%" doubleClickEnabled="true" styleName="itemCell"
          headerStyleName="headerRow" dataProvider="{targets}"
          rowHeight="19" fontSize="11" paddingBottom="0" paddingTop="1">
         <mx:columns>
         <mx:DataGridColumn width="78" dataField="@isSelected" headerText="">
         <mx:itemRenderer>
              <mx:Component>
                   <mx:HBox width="100%" height="100%" horizontalAlign="center">
                        <mx:CheckBox id="targetCheckBox" selected="{data.@isSelected == 'true'}"
                             change="outerDocument.checkChangeHandler(event);"/>
                        <mx:Image horizontalAlign="center" toolTip="Delete" source="@Embed('/assets/icons/delete.png')" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true"
                             click="outerDocument.deleteHandler(event);"/>
                        <mx:Image id="editButton" horizontalAlign="center" toolTip="Edit" source="@Embed('/assets/icons/edit-icon.png')" useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true"
                             click="outerDocument.editHandler(event);"/>
                   </mx:HBox>
              </mx:Component>
         </mx:itemRenderer>
         </mx:DataGridColumn>
              <mx:DataGridColumn id="Name" dataField="@collectionDesc" headerText="Name" itemRenderer="com.foobar.integrated.media.ui.component.CellStyleForTargetName"/>
              <mx:DataGridColumn id="Created" width="140" dataField="@createDateTime" headerText="Created"  labelFunction="UiHelper.gridDateFormat" />
         </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>
    This grid is part of a view that will get destroyed and recreated potentially many times during a user's session within the application (there's a large dynamic nature to the app and views are created at run-time.) By destroyed I mean that the view that holds the above datagrid will no longer be referenced under certain circumstances and an entire new view object is created (meaning the old datagrid is no longer refernced and a new one is created.)
    I heard you should clean up event handlers when they are no longer used, and I know at what point the view is destroyed, but I don't know how to clean up the event handlers added to the item renderer components? Is it something that the Flex garbage collector will handle efficiently?
    Also, on a somewhat related note, how could I push the item renderer to an external component since in my event handlers for the item renderer buttons I need a reference to the datagrid.selectedIndex which, as an external item renderer I wouldn't have access to this containing grid?

No. You don't need explicit cleanup in this case: if your outerDocument is going away, you have nothing to worry about. The event handler leak can happen in sort of the reverse situation: suppose you have a long-lived MyView that contains a custom DataGrid like the one below. Now suppose that MyView frequently destroys and re-creates the grid. And suppose that on its creationComplete event, the grid registers a listener for outerDocument's (MyView's) enterFrame Event. Unless you explicitly remove this listener, MyView will still have a reference to it even after the grid that registered the listener is destroyed (and garbage collected).
    This is a pretty contrived example, but it sort of illustrates the potential for leaks: a certain component is elligible for garbage collection, but some longer-lived component holds a reference to it (or part of it, such as a listener function). If the longer-lived component is elligible for GC as well, you don't really need to worry about proper cleanup. That's what you're paying the GC processor cycles for.

• Worried about upgrading from 10.2.8 to Tiger

I know, everyone tells me I should upgrad to Tiger. I've been using 10.2.8 for some time now on my iMac FP and I got a lot of applications on it. My thinking is "If it aint broke, don't fix it" but I am finding that new stuff like the newest Java and iLife, etc., don't run on 10.2.8.
    So, can everyone put my worries to rest? I guess I want to do the "upgrade" so I don't lose my existing apps. I have two large firewire drives. If I back everything up to there, is that a good idea? Or, since I'm doing an update, I don't have to worry about that? When you upgrade, what happens to all the apps you've installed in the "Application" folder? Are they still there? I would think that things like "Terminal" and other OSX apps would be replaced.
    My internal drive is 80G and I'm using about 33G of that. I have one FW external drive that has 140G available. Should I "clone" my 33G internal to it, then do a clean install. If I do that, how do I get my stuff back over from the clone to the newly formatted 80G internal with Tiger on it.
    I'm sorry for all the questions, but its a big step for me to take. Is upgrading just as good as doing a clean install?
    More questions, I know.
    Well, I'll stop now.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alfredo

If we go right back to the original Question we can assume that you are concerned about loss of data and the possibilty that a new or upgraded os will not operate to your satisfaction.
    Point 1. regardless of what you do relating to the os you must have a backup?
    Point 2. If you do not have a backup then make one. This is without question the most important fact of all time regarding data on a computer regardless of what system amd which os you run.
    Point 3. all advice given by others is good, the choice of which app to use regarding a backup is often personal as many apps do the job as required.
    Point 4. If a backup exists then you already have your insurance. Making changes to your os can be done without worry as this is the primary reason that backup apps exist. If we ever take the time to read the "read me files"
    All of them state that we should make a backup before installing new data!
    Point 5. I wish you a happy Christmas and wish all a happy mac in the new year.
    regards
    john

• I was updating software and suddenly my IPHONE  started asking for I tunes on mobile screen ,  how can  i  get by screen back or How i can restore without loosing data , I m more worried about data , Please help in resolutio

i was updating software and suddenly my IPHONE  started asking for I tunes on mobile screen ,  how can  i  get by screen back or How i can restore without loosing data , I m more worried about data , Please help in resolutio

What exactly are you seeing on the phone's screen ? If the iTunes icon and cable then the phone is in recovery mode, in which case it's too late to take a new backup or to copy any content off the phone - you will have to connect the phone to your computer's iTunes and reset it back to factory defaults, after which you can restore to the last backup that you took or just resync your content to it

• I have a recently acquired iPhone 4. Is it true if I am using PhotoStream to upload photos to my PC via iCloud, photos are only pushed when wifi is available?  This means I don't have to worry about extra data usage, right? Thank you.

I have a recently acquired an iPhone 4. Is it true if I am using PhotoStream to upload photos to my PC via iCloud, photos are only pushed when wifi is available?  This means I don't have to worry about extra data usage, right?
    Thank you.

Correct.
    On an iOS device, new photos you take will be automatically uploaded to your photo stream when you leave the Camera app and are connected to Wi-Fi. Note: My Photo Stream does not push photos over cellular connections.

Maybe you are looking for

• SG200-26P [FW-1.1.2.0] - Very High Response Time: 1000ms!

Hello, Problem: New SG-200 26P Smart Switch with Latest Firmware - Very High Responce Time 500-800ms We've a EdgeMarc 4500 Router with 10 VPN tunnels to 10 brach locations. SG-200 26P Smart Switch is connected to 7 Servers (2 Terminal, SQL, and Other

• Apex Mail Queue stopped sending

Suddenly the APEX mail queue on our production server has stopped sending emails. We have logged into the internal workspace as ADMIN and can see the emails in the queue. There are no errors against them. We've tried both using the "Send all mails" b

• J2EE ENGINE don't start when sapinst is running

hi. I try to install java add-in on existing abap system. installing of central instance is running and when start java engine execute i recive error: Java processes of instance CEM/DVEBMGS15 [ABAP: ACTIVE, Java: UNKNOWN] did not reach state PARTRUNN

• Lead from Adobe Interactive form

Hello gurus, I am trying to create a Lead out of Adobe IF, i could able to create a web service with Attribute, and then i tried creating a document template here when i click on start designer i get a adobe creation screen,but i am faining here i do

• OBIEE and Essbase - Displaying all member names together

Hi I hope you can help. When we import our Essbase cubes and add the alias tables and drag the cube to the BMM layer we get a column were we can search the alias for all the member in the hierarchy, independently of the generation (let's say Account