Any tips for using the battery ? T500

Are there any tips to use the battery for a long time ?
I've seen the posts somewhere that "conditioning" is not needed for this battery, Li-on based ?
Is recharging when the battery is half-charged a bad habit ?
Thanks

Hello shong9,
First you should load your battery 36h, then unload it normally, till it will go to sleep or hibernate
(depends on setting in power manager).
Second load it 24, then unload it normally till it went to sleep or hibernate.
Third and last, load it 12h, then unload it normally till it went to sleep or hibernate.
Then you battery has got it´s full capacity and the powermanger will do all for you, to keep it healthy.
You should leave the battery in your machine, if using AC.
When you are working mobile, then charge it, when it´s necessary. 
That´s it.
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
 English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

Similar Messages

• Any tips for using a click track with a sample pad?

My band and I just purchased a Roland SPD-S and we are using it for some techno oriented samples in our songs. We are trying to run a click track with the samples track to our drummer's headphones so we can stay in time with the samples (as they are all on one timed track and are not constantly playing).
    Does anyone know of a good way of doing this? Is there some way to match the tempo perfectly and trigger the metronome at the same time as the pad?
    Any tips are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Alex

You should create a click track that aligns with the song's measures and adjust the tempo via the Master Track's automation curve!

• Tips for using the Forum - please read

I saw this posted on another forum and thought it might help people here understand how to use the Forum and get more benefit from being here:
    Forum Tip: to reply to a post, please use the "Reply" button next to the message (the “arrow” button, second from the left), not the "Reply to the Original Message in this Topic" link.
    Forum Tip: if you have a problem and would like the best personal attention from experienced forum members do not Hi- Jack someone else's post in an attempt to solve your own problem..... start your own topic.... on the surface a lot of problems appear exactly the same..... they very seldom are.... by all means add to someone else's thread but do not use it as a means of solving your own problem.
    Forum Tip: try and describe your problem in your topic heading..... things like 'HELP' are useless.... many good people may pass your post without reading it.... and please, please supply vital info..... what computer, system, application.... version of.... what have you done to fix the problem..... give a full description of the problem and no SHOUTING or bumping allowed.
    Forum Tip: I would also add that it is important that you proof-read your post asking for help before you hit that "post message" button. But if you do make a mistake, or discover that your post is unclear then use the "Edit" button to make changes. The "Edit" button is the one with the pencil on it.
    Forum Tip: What do the different buttons by each message do?
    From left to right, the function of each button is explained below: ??Envelope icon = Email this post. ?Curved arrow = Reply to this message. ?Pencil icon = Edit this message. ?Trash can = Delete this message. ?Purple ribbon with small + sign = Bookmark this post. ?Large - sign = Rate this post negative. ?Large + sign = Rate this post positive. ?Blue or gray bar = Display the ratings on this post. ?
    Pause the mouse pointer on an icon and Help will be displayed.?
    Forum Tip: From the Apple Help and Terms of use files.
    State your question clearly. Include as much information as you can about your issue.
    At minimum, include:
    The operating system you're using and its version.
    The names and versions of other relevant products.
    A complete description of computer and connected peripherals.
    What you were doing when you ran into this issue.
    Example: I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.4 on a 20-inch flat panel iMac with 768 MB of RAM and 15 GB free space on my hard disk. I have an X-brand PDA connected via its USB cradle. iCal 1.5.2 unexpectedly quits when I add an event.
    Forum Tip: Test your answer. Make sure your answer works on your own computer before you post it. Do not guess.
    Forum Tip: Spend some time reading the discussion forums before you post. In the case of the most common problems the question has already been answered and you can find the answer by using the "Search" field in the upper right corner of the page. A simply search on the forms will provide a solution to this problem.
    TIP: Use the Apple Knowledge-base and Support pages for individual products. All of the most common problems can be solved by articles already posted to the K-BASE. Here is the link to the article providing the answer to the above example: Some songs in your iTunes library aren't copied to your iPod.
    The Apple Support Pages are a wealth of information that can help you solve problems and learn about your Macintosh and Apple products.
    Forum Tip: If you post a problem on the forums and then later on found the solution to it by yourself, and no one has posted in your thread, feel free to post in your thread letting others know how you solved the problem. This may help others who would otherwise need a solution for the same similar problem you had.

Hey Jeff just wanna thank you for taking your time making this post. I just wanted to say hopefully it will help a lot of people. But awhile ago I was thinking and probably will start soon a FAQ post where I add in the most commonly questions people post in here. For example:
    What is the best protective case for the Nano?
    *List many good sites with good cases*
    How Do I reset my Nano?
    Answere here...can't think on top of my head
    Why wont my Nano turn on?
    Reset
    Of course it will be more detailed but you see my point?

• Any tips for novel writing in Pages?

I am determined to finish my next novel in Pages. I can't take the weight of Word any more. Does anyone have any tips for using Pages in this way, producing a manuscript that will probably run to 130k words in the end? I have tried everything in this field on OS X, from Mellel to Nisus, Ulysses and Copywrite, and I think Pages suits me best.
    What I have discovered so far...
    Good points
    Reliability
    Ease of use
    Speed
    The fantastic search and I think unique show search feature which is now my primary way of navigating the manuscript.
    Could be better
    No keyboard shortcuts for styles
    It's simpler to number chapters manually than mess around with lists
    The word count is awkward to get at
    No outlining or easy navigation by chapters
    Occasionally I get red underline spelling errors for words that are spelled correctly. This goes away if I right click and may be due to hyphenation though that is turned off for the document.
    G5 dual   Mac OS X (10.4.2)  

Bodsham,
    I started my novel with Nisus, switched to CopyWrite, then wrote the bulk of it with Pages. All in all, using Pages was a terrific experience. But the use of a word processor for a novelist is a very, very personal and subjective thing.
    Things a novelist might like about Pages
    - What you see on the screen is beautiful -- Pages renders text extremely well
    - The system for defining styles is excellent. When I first fired up Pages 1.0, it took me 15 minutes to make a complete manuscript template, including headers
    - It's very stable. Unlike Nisus, which was a nightmare (adding blank pages and weird indents all through the document), Pages behaves itself very well
    - Plays nice with Word. I'm able to open and export Word docs very successfully
    - Brilliant search feature; provides a list of word occurances, then lets you click on them
    - Bookmark feature lets you easily jump from chapter to chapter
    Things a novelist might not like about Pages
    - A few people report a typing lag. If you experience it, it's a significant problem
    - Bookmarks, while excellent, won't permanently sort alphabetically -- only numerically. Every time I open my document, my bookmarked list of chapters is sorted incorrectly. Not a big deal; just a minor annoyance
    - Very mouse-intensive program. Not a huge issue for a novelist since we mostly just hit a carriage return; not a lot of styles in a text-based manuscript
    - Gobbles up a lot of screen real estate. In order to have various inspectors and panes open, it's good to have a larger monitor, otherwise you'll find things sitting on top of your text
    I'm sure there are many more strengths and weaknesses, but that'll get you started. By the way, you can download Devon Technologies' excellent and free Word Services that'll add a lot of very useful features (including word count) to your services menu. Get it at http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/index.html
    -Dennis

• The battery for my Macbook Pro 13 "has only 121 cycles and is not charging anymore, my Mac is telling me that it is necessary to exchange it. You have any tips for me to find out what might be happening with my battery?

The battery for my Macbook Pro 13 "has only 121 cycles and is not charging anymore, my Mac is telling me that it is necessary to exchange it. You have any tips for me to find out what might be happening with my battery?

Guys, i am actually trying using a solution provided by the article shared by dominic23,
    It says "Another option is to get an ionizer to help the atmosphere in the workplace be more conductive and pull charges away from contact surfaces, including yourself."
    So in my home, we have such device that could clean the air using ion, and i am using it in my room...
    Result: BANG!!! The electric shock on my macbook has gone!! I don't really care about physics but somehow it works! You guys should give it a try.
    Thanks again dominic23

• My iphone 4 lock button does not work, i turned it off using assesive touch, now it wont turn back on? got any tips for fixing this problem!

my iphone 4 lock button does not work, i turned it off using assesive touch, now it wont turn back on? got any tips for fixing this problem!

Hi, braidenwhitesidemate. 
    Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. 
    I would recommend going through the steps in the article below.  If the issue persists, see the section labeled Issue not resolved.
    iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802
    Cheers,
    Jason H. 

• I can use my appleID without any problems for using to download new apps in the app-store or Itunes - Problem: I can´t use my ID at facetime and Imessage - I´d like to add an EMail account on top to my mobile number. My password will not be accepted!!!???

I can use my appleID without any problems for using to download new apps in the app-store or Itunes - Problem: I can´t use my ID at facetime and Imessage -
    I´d like to add an EMail account on top to my mobile number to use more this services. My password will not be accepted!!!??? I try it and i try it and i try ist, throughout the same problem. Whats on? The user help desk said, i´ve to reset and use the WLAN key new as well as possible - no way!

Contact the App store for Apple ID help. Their support link is on the right of the App store window
    LN

• When I begin use the battery am I obligate to use it until the finish or I can plug the energy cable in any moment?

When I begin use the battery am I obligate to use it until the finish or I can plug the energy cable in any moment?
    thanks!

These support article should encompass all of the information one needs to know about MBP batteries and the operation of same:
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446
    Ciao.

• Is there any constrain in using the same order type for MTS and MTO

Hi,
    i have the constrain to use single production order type .
    Can i use single order type for MTO and MTS.
    is there any constrain in using the same order type for MTS and MTO.
    pls help me.

Hi,
    There is no constraint or limitation in using the same production order type for MTS and MTO . Settings in requirement class and material master will mainly control whether the flow is MTS or MTO.
    Regards,
    Mrinal

• My ipad will not let me slide to log in, or power off. i have tried to hold down the sleep and home button at the same time, but that did not work. Do you have any tips for me? Thanks

my ipad will not let me slide to log in, or power off. I have tried to hold down the sleep and home button at the same time, but that did not work. D o you have any tips for me? Thanks.

recovery mode
    open itunes on computer
    plug cable into computer not iOS device
    turn phone off
    hold home button and plug cable into phone.  do not release home button until an itunes graphic appears on device.
    look to computer should have message about recovery mode click ok and restore
    Peace, Clyde
    if u need an article see
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

• Hi, I just want to know. If everyday fully charge my iphone, 2 times per day . It's okay for my battery health?  Any tips for battery health?

Hi, I just want to know. If everyday fully charge my iphone, 2 times per day . It's okay for my battery health?  Any tips for battery health?

See here for battery tips http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

• Since backing up my iPad air and installing IOS 8.1.2 the screen doesn't move between landscape or portrait when I turn it. Any tips for getting it to do so?

Since backing up my iPad air and installing IOS 8.1.2 the screen only shows the portrait view and won't change to landscape view when I turn the device. Any tips for getting back both views?

If you see a lock icon in the upper right corner of the screen - then the screen orientation is locked.
    Try the side switch above the volume rocker first and see if that unlocks the screen. If that didn't work, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to the control center and the lock icon is in the row of icons at the top all the way to the right.
    If the screen is unlocked but still will not rotate, reset the iPad.
    Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the button

• I have question about hooking up an external hdd to a time capsule and still have my printer hooked up as well. Anyone got any tips for me, how to do it and what brand of harddrive that will work best for me 1 or 2 TB

i have question about hooking up an external hdd to a time capsule and still have my printer hooked up as well. Anyone got any tips for me, how to do it and what brand of harddrive that will work best for me 1 or 2 TB

You just need a powered hub.. if you already use one then fine.
    Plug in just about any external hard disk will work fine. Format has to be readable by the TC.. ie fat32.. or much better HFS+.. plug it into a Mac to prepare the drive.
    Pick whatever size suits.. nowadays 2TB are most economical.
    WD, Seagate have goobled up all the minor players.. so pick one.
    Whatever suits your budget and asthetics.
    NOTE.. The USB on the TC is fine for printers.. IMHO it is the wrong way to go with USB disks.. use the internal disk of the TC.. USB is less than half the native speed plugged into a Mac.. TC to USB is slow.. far slower than internal drive.. or using external drive as external.

• I have a Macbook Pro 15" that is three and a half years old.  Although it has slowed a bit, it still runs well and runs every program I need. Any tips for how to keep this old computer running well and in good health?

I have a Macbook Pro 15" that is three and a half years old.  Although it has slowed a bit, it still runs well and runs every program I need. Any tips for how to keep this old computer running well and in good health?
    I have a 250 gig drive and try to keep at least 100 gigs unused at all times, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory, back up with Time Machine and CrashPlan, and have OS X 10.7.3.
    This was my first Mac since an old Apple II GS.  After that I used PC's and got really good at reformatting, replacing drives, reinstalling, defragging, resolving software conflicts, etc.  Since switching back to Macs (five in my extended family now), I haven't had to do any of those things. So, although, the cost is three times as much, the aggrevation has been ten times less.
    I'm retired and living on a fixed income and would therefore like to keep this computer running as opposed to constatntly upgrading.
    That said, any tips?
    Thanks
    It does have a crack on the left of the screen case about 3/4'' up from the bottom.  I've posted that as another question.

Kappy's Personal Suggestions for OS X Maintenance
    For disk repairs use Disk Utility.  For situations DU cannot handle the best third-party utilities are: Disk Warrior;  DW only fixes problems with the disk directory, but most disk problems are caused by directory corruption; Disk Warrior 4.x is now Intel Mac compatible. Drive Genius provides additional tools not found in Disk Warrior.  Versions 1.5.1 and later are Intel Mac compatible.
    OS X performs certain maintenance functions that are scheduled to occur on a daily, weekly, or monthly period. The maintenance scripts run in the early AM only if the computer is turned on 24/7 (no sleep.) If this isn't the case, then an excellent solution is to download and install a shareware utility such as Macaroni, JAW PseudoAnacron, or Anacron that will automate the maintenance activity regardless of whether the computer is turned off or asleep.  Dependence upon third-party utilities to run the periodic maintenance scripts was significantly reduced since Tiger.  These utilities have limited or no functionality with Snow Leopard or Lion and should not be installed.
    OS X automatically defragments files less than 20 MBs in size, so unless you have a disk full of very large files there's little need for defragmenting the hard drive. As for virus protection there are few if any such animals affecting OS X. You can protect the computer easily using the freeware Open Source virus protection software ClamXAV. Personally I would avoid most commercial anti-virus software because of their potential for causing problems. For more about malware see Macintosh Virus Guide.
    I would also recommend downloading a utility such as TinkerTool System, OnyX 2.4.3, or Cocktail 5.1.1 that you can use for periodic maintenance such as removing old log files and archives, clearing caches, etc.
    For emergency repairs install the freeware utility Applejack.  If you cannot start up in OS X, you may be able to start in single-user mode from which you can run Applejack to do a whole set of repair and maintenance routines from the command line.  Note that AppleJack 1.5 is required for Leopard. AppleJack 1.6 is compatible with Snow Leopard. There is no confirmation that this version also works with Lion.
    When you install any new system software or updates be sure to repair the hard drive and permissions beforehand. I also recommend booting into safe mode before doing system software updates.
    Get an external Firewire drive at least equal in size to the internal hard drive and make (and maintain) a bootable clone/backup. You can make a bootable clone using the Restore option of Disk Utility. You can also make and maintain clones with good backup software. My personal recommendations are (order is not significant):
    Carbon Copy Cloner
    Data Backup
    Deja Vu
    SuperDuper!
    SyncTwoFolders
    Synk Pro
    Synk Standard
    Tri-Backup
    Visit The XLab FAQs and read the FAQs on maintenance, optimization, virus protection, and backup and restore.
    Additional suggestions will be found in Mac Maintenance Quick Assist.
    Referenced software can be found at CNet Downloads or MacUpdate.
    Be sure you have an adequate amount of RAM installed for the number of applications you run concurrently. Be sure you leave a minimum of 10% of the hard drive's capacity as free space.
    Adding more RAM, if feasible, and a new, faster hard drive may also help pep it up a little.

• My macbook works well while connected to the charger, but using the battery it gets really slow

My macbook pro 2011 yosemite 10.10.1, (2,3 GHz Intel Core i5 / 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB) recently started to present a problem that when using only the battery, it gets really slow, but connected to the charger, it operates normally. I have already taken to a technical assistance but was not presented any problem in the battery. And when I open activity monitor it shows that the kernel_task process uses almost 100% CPU and so is almost 0% idle, so it is almost impossible to use the computer (using the battery). Is there anything I can do to prevent this process using 100% CPU?

My recommendation for a SMC reset was initiated by your posts indication poor performance when under battery power.  Often a SMC reset will correct bad battery behavior but apparently not in your case.
    Look at this article and see if there are any possible hints for correction of the problem:
    http://www.cnet.com/news/kerneltask-process-taking-up-an-inordinate-amount-of-cp u/
    If not, the the best option will be an Apple store genius bar appointment.
    Ciao.

Maybe you are looking for