Retrieve data from the table T2550

Hi All,
I have 3 records in the table T2550. The values are as below.
MANDT WWSAL              BEZEK
200   001                James
200   002                John
200   123456789012345678 test
If I want to see the first record in the table, if I enter 1  and execute to see it, it is not accepting. It is accepting only when I enter 001 and execute. I thought of using conversion exit for adding leading zeros. But the field WWSAL is having 18 characters. (if we use conversion exit, it will add the leading zeros to the total length, so now the lengthe will become 18 characters hence no results). But in the table it is having only 3 characters length.
Can any one help me, how can I retrieve the data from T2550 table.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Ramesh .

Hi Ramesh,
I didn't found  this table in R3X or E6Ssystems.You should specify in  which you found this standard table?Then only i can give solution.Even i found a table T255, its structure is different from table you mentioned.
by
Prasad GVK

Similar Messages

• Crystal Reports - Failed to retrieve data from the database

Hi There,
    I'm hoping that somebody can help me.
    I've developed a crystal report from a stored procedure which I wrote. I can execute the stored procedure within SQL Server and within the Crystal Reports designer without any errors. Furthermore, I have imported the report into sap and can run it within SAP from the server without any errors. SAP version 8.81 PL5
    The issue is that when it's run from a client machine, I get the following error: "Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: Database Vendor Code: 156. Error in the File RCR10010 {tempfile location}
    Here's a list of things which I have tried, all to no avail:
    - Checked user permissions to ensure that they have proper authorizations
    - Re-set the datasource connection and re-imported the report to SAP.
    - Exported the report and reviewed the datasource connection and re-imported to SAP.
    - Tried to run the report on multiple machines to ensure that it's not machine specific
    - Tried to run the report using different users to ensure it's not user specific.
    - Tested other reports built from stored procedures on client machines to ensure that they work.
    Any assistance in this would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank you

After further testing, we found that the report could be run within SAP on any work station which had the CR designer installed on it.
    As it turns out, the procedure which I wrote has temp tables in it.  The runtimes built into the SAP client install do not support creating temp tables when executing the report from within SAP.  Which is why the report could not retreive data.
    To work around this, I installed external runtimes which were the same version of the Crystal Report and now the report can be run within SAP from any workstation which has the external runtimes (and not just the runtimes within the SAP client).
    I hope this makes sense.

• Retrieving data from 3 tables

Hi,
    I am working on a report where I have to retrieve data from 3 tables(marc,mara,makt).For this I have used 3 select statements for retriving data from 3 tables.There r some fields which r not present in marc table where as present in mara and makt tables.So added thos fields in marc internal table t_marc.I have looped at marc table and used the read statement to read the data from mara table using the key field matnr from both the tables.This read statement is giving the sy-subrc value as 4.Could u pls tell me why this is happening?I am sending my code.
    SELECT matnr
           werks
           pstat
           lvorm
    FROM  marc
    INTO  TABLE t_marc
    PACKAGE SIZE 500
    WHERE matnr IN s_matnr
    AND   werks IN s_werks.
    IF NOT t_marc[] IS INITIAL.
    SELECT matnr
            ersda
            laeda
            meins
       FROM mara
       INTO TABLE t_mara
       FOR ALL ENTRIES IN t_marc
       WHERE matnr = t_marc-matnr
       AND   ersda IN s_ersda
       AND   laeda IN s_laeda.
      IF NOT t_mara[] IS INITIAL.
         SELECT matnr
                maktx
         FROM  makt
         INTO  TABLE t_makt
         FOR ALL ENTRIES IN t_mara
         WHERE matnr = t_mara-matnr.
       LOOP AT t_marc INTO wa_marc.
         READ TABLE t_mara INTO wa_mara WITH KEY matnr = t_marc-matnr.
         IF sy-subrc IS INITIAL.
            wa_marc-meins = wa_mara-meins.
            MODIFY t_marc.
            APPEND wa_marc TO t_output.
          ENDIF.
          READ TABLE t_makt INTO wa_makt WITH KEY matnr = t_marc-matnr.
          IF sy-subrc IS INITIAL.
            wa_marc-maktx = wa_makt-maktx.
            MODIFY t_marc.
            APPEND wa_marc TO t_output.
          ENDIF.
        ENDLOOP.

hi hema,
    Dont use three select stements for this scenario.
    Just use innerjoin and join all the three tables.
    Three tables should contain  MATNR (material number).
    By using that retrieve data from 3 tables by using a single select statement.
    Eg:
    SELECT DISTINCT a~matnr    "MATERIAL NUMBER
             a~ersda    "CREATED ON
             a~mtart    "MATERIAL TYPE
             a~meins    "BASE UNIT OF MEASURE
             a~bstme    "ORDER UNIT
             b~maktx    "MATERIAL DESCRIPTION
             c~bwkey    "VALUATION AREA
             c~lbkum    "TOTAL VALUED STOCK
             c~salk3    "VALUE OF TOTAL VALUED STOCK
             c~stprs    "STANDARD PRICE
             c~peinh    "PRICE UNIT
             c~bklas    "VALUATION CLASS
             INTO TABLE it_matdetails
             FROM mara AS a INNER JOIN makt AS b ON a~matnr = b~matnr
                            INNER JOIN mbew AS c ON a~matnr = c~matnr
                            INNER JOIN marc AS d ON a~matnr = d~matnr
                            INNER JOIN mard AS e ON a~matnr = e~matnr
             WHERE b~spras = sy-langu AND a~matnr IN matnr AND d~werks IN werks AND e~lgort IN lgort.
    pls reward if helpful.

• Failed to Retrieve Data from the database.

getting the following error message stating that
    Failed to retrieve data from the database.
    Details:4200:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL server Driver][SQL server] Incorrect syntax near 'Category ID', [Database Vendor Code: 102],
    i am not sure why I am getting above error message when running the report.
    I have a view linked to table. The Category ID is in View that I have created.
    need your help if you know what steps I should take to reslove the issue, thanks!
    mansoor

Hi,
    Are all your data in the View or each time you run a query it update the View? Please try to update your View then run the Report again, much better if you delete the original View and replace with a new one,
    Regards,
    CLint

• Failed to retrieve data from the database.DB Vendor Code 156

Hi,
    We recently migrated our scheduled Crystal Reports from BO XI R2 platform to BO XI 3.1, and are having issues with select reports that pull from the same SQL database.  The tables and fields exist in the database - and I ran the SQL in a different tool and the syntax is correct.  When I try to run an on-demand or schedule one of these reports in 3.1 Infoview I receive the following error:
    Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 156 ]
    Running:
    CR 2008 SP2
    BO XI 3.1 SP2 (FP 2.7)
    Please advise!  Thanks!

Hi LuAnn,
    Not really clear what he said but I believe this is correct. The BOE servers are typically running under the local System Account. So when it passed the report job from the BOE Server it is the Local System account that the database is getting. We only do single hop for security. Which means if you are logged into InfoView under your local domain account and try to run a report BOE will not, unless specified in the custom database connection options in the CMC, pass your credentials to the DB but will pass the local system account credentials which is likely why these reports are failing.
    As A TEST only Ask your Administrator to set up a user account in MS SQL Server that has rights to run all reports. Or when you create the report check on the option to use Trusted Authentication. Then when the reports are published to BOE your log on credentials should get passed to the DB server through BOE.
    You'll have to more testing to find a Use account that you can run BOE Servers under and still maintain DB security and report level security that works for you. I also suggest you post your security questions to the BOE Administrator forum to get help configuring all of this and what others are doing.
    Thank you
    Don

• Failed to retrieve data from the database Error

I had some reports setup in Crystal XI based on a Sql server but recently we had an upgrade, the database has been moved to IBM Informix.
    There is a certain table that seems to be causing the problem.
    The error: 
    "Failed to retrieve data from the database
    Details: 42000:[informix][informix ODBC Driver][informix]A syntax error has occured .[Database Vendor Code:-201]".
    I run the same query in MS Access and it seems to run fine.
    I even tried to do a simple dump of the table onto Crystal but no luck.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Achett13

Hi,
    It seems your ODBC Driver is not compatible, try to download a driver which supports Informix through CR XI.  I think you may have to download Data Direct Drivers 5.1 version to access Informix data tables through CR XI.
    You can google it for Data Direct Drivers 5.1
    Thanks,
    Sastry

• Failed to retrieve data from the database error message

Hello,
    I have a fairly simple report that correctly retrieves the data from the database providing that there are no selection formula.
    However, as soon as I add the record selection formula:
    {fireService.serviceDate} >= DateTime (2009, 10, 3, 0 ,0 ,0)
    I get the following errors:
    Failed to retrieve data from the database
    Cannot determine the queries necessary to get data for this report. Details: An invalid range operator has been encountered.
    However, when I use the Database / Show SQL Query option and copy the query directly into the sql query analyser it works perfectly.
    Any ideas?

I am using a table to select the records from.
    In fact it is a series of joined tables.
    The SQL Query generated is:
    SELECT "fire"."unitNumber", "configLocation"."location", "configFireEquipmentType"."type", "configFireEquipmentSize"."size", "configFireEquipmentRating"."rating", "fire"."yearManufactured", "fire"."LPT", "configFireServiceLevel"."Level", "configTest"."test", "fireService"."serviceRepairs", "customer"."name", "customer"."customerGUID", "customer"."address1", "customer"."address2", "fireService"."serviceDate", "fireService"."comment"
    FROM   (((((((("SAFE2"."dbo"."fire" "fire" INNER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."customer" "customer" ON "fire"."customerGUID"="customer"."customerGUID") INNER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."fireService" "fireService" ON "fire"."fireGUID"="fireService"."fireGUID") LEFT OUTER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."configLocation" "configLocation" ON "fire"."locationGUID"="configLocation"."locationGUID") INNER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."fireEquipment" "fireEquipment" ON "fire"."fireEquipmentGUID"="fireEquipment"."fireEquipmentGUID") LEFT OUTER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."configFireEquipmentRating" "configFireEquipmentRating" ON "fireEquipment"."ratingGUID"="configFireEquipmentRating"."fireEquipmentRatingGUID") LEFT OUTER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."configFireEquipmentSize" "configFireEquipmentSize" ON "fireEquipment"."sizeGUID"="configFireEquipmentSize"."fireEquipmentSizeGUID") LEFT OUTER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."configFireEquipmentType" "configFireEquipmentType" ON "fireEquipment"."typeGUID"="configFireEquipmentType"."fireEquipmentTypeGUID") LEFT OUTER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."configFireServiceLevel" "configFireServiceLevel" ON "fireService"."serviceLevelID"="configFireServiceLevel"."levelID") LEFT OUTER JOIN "SAFE2"."dbo"."configTest" "configTest" ON "fireService"."testID"="configTest"."testID"
    WHERE  "fireService"."serviceDate">={ts '2009-10-03 00:00:00'}
    ORDER BY "customer"."name", "customer"."customerGUID"
    It looks complext but is not.  Most of these joins reference lookup tables.

• Failed to retrieve data from the database when adding jdbc datasource

I'm having problems adding some tables to the selected tables list using the database expert.
    I get the error messages "Failed to retrieve data from the database" followed by "Unknown Database Connection Error".
    I thought it may be a permissions issue as it only affects some tables, but I can access the same tables fine using the same user through Oracle SQL Developer.
    The database is Oracle 10g Express Editions
    Crystal version is 12.0.0.683
    Running on Windows XP
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi Stuart
    Please refer SAP note 1218714 for this issue. The link to this article ia as follows:
    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes%7B6163636573733d36393736354636443646363436353344333933393338323636393736354637333631373036453646373436353733354636453735364436323635373233443330333033303331333233313338333733313334%7D.do
    You can search for this note on the SDN site.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

• Failure to retrieve data from the database (Vendor Code 6550)

I am having a trouble with two of the 6 reports that I have created. I am using Crystal XI and Oracle 10g. The underlying database object is a stored procedure that accepts as input a start time as a TIMESTAMP, an end time as a TIMESTAMP and a furnace number as a number. I have a cursor ref as a return parameter.
    When I run the stored procedure in Oracle I get the selected records and can view them on the screen.
    When I refresh data on the report in Crystal XI developer, the designer asks me for the start and end time and furnace number. When I input these values the report displays properly.
    When I launch the report from my VB .NET 2005 application I am asked for the username and the password for the database (this is another problem I need to solve as this information I put into the program seems to be ignored in my program) then I receive the following failure message:
    Failure to retrieve data from the database (Vendor Code 6550)
    When I launch the other reports, they only ask me for the username and password then they display the proper data.
    The main difference between my other reports and the two that are returning the above failure code is that the other reports are to either tables or views. The two that don't work are tied to stored procedures. I there any way that I can solve this problem or at least get more information?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any other information.

I have a similar problem, the only difference is that the crystal report error is only thrown when I try to load the sub reports at my web application. When I deploy my report to the Web application the main report loads up fine but when I try to launch the sub reports from the main report it can no longer load.
    But when I use the Crystal report developer I am able to load the main report and it's associated sub reports without any issues.
    My issue only occurs when I try to load the sub report in the web application. The following sections shows how my reports look like both in my .NET web application and also at the Crystal Report Development IDE.
    Failure: Loading my Reports from .NET Web Application
    1) When I load from the web application I am able to load the main report as per the print screen below.
    2) When I try to click on the hyper links to enter the sub reports I am now able to load them, both sub reports cannot load and will throw the same error "
    Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code:
    6550 ] Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor
    Code: 6550 ] Failed to retrieve data from the database. Error in File OAWR3011A
    {CEC8A94A-4490-4640-95FB-2739A679978B}.rpt: Failed to retrieve data from the
    database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 6550 ] "
    Success: Loading my Reports from Crystal Report Development Tool
    1) This is my Main Report Loaded from the Crystal Report Development Tool, the first two hyperlinked fields are links to my sub reports, step number 2 and number 3 shows my sub reports when I load it using Crystal Report Developer
    2) Sub Report 1 Loaded Successfully, when I click on the fields in the first link
    3) Sub Report 2 loaded successfully when I click the second field hyper link

• How to Retrieve data from Variant Table

Can anyone help me by telling how to retrieve data from variant table which was created by user. I am able to see data of variant table only thru cu60 transaction but not se11. I s there any function module to do this?

Hello Mohan,
    if u already have data and u want to populate it in F4 help then use below code -
    u Have to make use of FM - 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'
    REPORT  ZGILL_VALUE_REQUEST                     .
    data: begin of lt_all occurs 0.
            include structure DYNPREAD.
    data  end of lt_all.
    data: begin of lt_selected occurs 0.
           include structure DDSHRETVAL.
    data: end of lt_selected.
    DATA: BEGIN OF lt_code OCCURS 0,
                code LIKE zgill_main-PERNR,
          END OF lt_code.
    data no_dyn like sy-dynnr.
    Parameters : ECODE like zgill_main-PERNR.
    *parameters: pernr like pa0001-pernr .
    no_dyn =  sy-dynnr.   "give the scren no directly or sy-dynnr in case of report.
    At selection-screen on value-request for ECODE.
    select PERNR into table lt_code from zgill_main.
      CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'
          EXPORTING
            retfield               = 'ECODE'
            dynpprog               = sy-repid
           dynpnr                  = no_dyn
          dynprofield              =       'ECODE'
          window_title           = 'Employee Details'
           value_org              = 'S'
          DISPLAY                = 'F'
       TABLES
            value_tab             = lt_code
           RETURN_TAB             = lt_selected.
    EXCEPTIONS
      PARAMETER_ERROR        = 1
      NO_VALUES_FOUND        = 2
      OTHERS                 = 3
    *if sy-subrc eq '0' .
      write: 'success'.
    *endif.
    read   table lt_selected index sy-tabix.
    move lt_selected-fieldval to ECODE.

• Retrieve data from nested tables

Hi All,
    I have big trouble to retrieve data from nested tables..
    From java code developer are passing struct data type to Oracle procedure.. So equal data type in oracle has been created as created as object
    CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE TXNDATA AS OBJECT
      TRAN_ID            NUMBER             ,
      EVENT_ID                   NUMBER             ,
      EVENT_CD                   VARCHAR2(10 BYTE))and create a procedure which has a IN parameter as TXNDATA
    now i need to retrieve the column data's through SELECT clause such as
    TYPE Proc_txn  IS TABLE OF  TXNJOURNALDATA;
    EVENT_JOURNAL_SEQ Proc_txn;
    select  * from table(cast(EVENT_JOURNAL_SEQ));but above SQL will give all column data's but i need to retrieve only 2 column values such as
    select EVENT_ID , EVENT_CD  from table(cast(EVENT_JOURNAL_SEQ))how can i achieve the above result set?
    Thanks & Regards
    Sami.

use a table alias in your query
    SQL> set serveroutput on
    SQL> create TYPE TXNDATA AS OBJECT
      2  (
      3    TRAN_ID            NUMBER             ,
      4    EVENT_ID                   NUMBER             ,
      5    EVENT_CD                   VARCHAR2(10 BYTE));
      6  /
    Type created.
    SQL>
    SQL> create type txnjournaldata
      2  as table of txndata;
      3  /
    Type created.
    SQL>
    SQL> declare
      2     txn txnjournaldata := txnjournaldata (
      3                             txndata(10, 20, 'One')
      4                             ,txndata(10, 20, 'Two')
      5                           );
      6  begin
      7     for rec in (select tx.event_id
      8                       , tx.event_cd
      9                    from table (txn) tx
    10                 )
    11     loop
    12        dbms_output.put_line (rec.event_id||' - '||rec.event_cd);
    13     end loop;
    14  end;
    15  /
    20 - One
    20 - Two
    PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.Edited by: Alex Nuijten on Oct 24, 2011 12:24 PM

• Hi, experts. I want  retrieve data from 8 tables

Hi, experts. I want  retrieve data from 8 tables.
    On which table i have to write for all entries query.
    Thanks in advance.

Hai   Reddy,
    Actually IF we Use Join's Actually The Performance Will Be Good For  4 tables.
    So It Is Better  To  Create Two Joins  With  4 Tables Each.
    First Retrive The Data For First  View.
    Then Use For ALL  Entries For  First Table And Then   Get Data For Second data.
    Reward  If Found usefull.
    Regards.
    Eshwar.

• Retrieve data from oracle table, table name passed in runtime into JSP

Hello All,
    I am new to JSP, i have a requirement,
    I need to retrieve data from oracle table, here table is passed at random. how to get the data displayed in JSP page.
    can any one help me in that
    thanks

1) Learn SQL.
    2) Learn Java.
    3) Learn JDBC.
    4) Learn DAO.
    5) Learn HTTP.
    6) Learn HTML.
    7) Learn JSP/Servlet.
    8) Learn JSTL.
    9) Apply learned things and develop.
    Whenever you stucks, please come back and post the specific coding/technical problem here.

• How to retrieve data from edcauditentity table?

Hello!
    I am interested how to connect to edcauditentity table and retrieve data from this table.
    I have sql query but i don't have idea how to start. For now i can connect to LiveCycle and retrieve policy name.
    Thank in advance!

Hello Mohan,
    if u already have data and u want to populate it in F4 help then use below code -
    u Have to make use of FM - 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'
    REPORT  ZGILL_VALUE_REQUEST                     .
    data: begin of lt_all occurs 0.
            include structure DYNPREAD.
    data  end of lt_all.
    data: begin of lt_selected occurs 0.
           include structure DDSHRETVAL.
    data: end of lt_selected.
    DATA: BEGIN OF lt_code OCCURS 0,
                code LIKE zgill_main-PERNR,
          END OF lt_code.
    data no_dyn like sy-dynnr.
    Parameters : ECODE like zgill_main-PERNR.
    *parameters: pernr like pa0001-pernr .
    no_dyn =  sy-dynnr.   "give the scren no directly or sy-dynnr in case of report.
    At selection-screen on value-request for ECODE.
    select PERNR into table lt_code from zgill_main.
      CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'
          EXPORTING
            retfield               = 'ECODE'
            dynpprog               = sy-repid
           dynpnr                  = no_dyn
          dynprofield              =       'ECODE'
          window_title           = 'Employee Details'
           value_org              = 'S'
          DISPLAY                = 'F'
       TABLES
            value_tab             = lt_code
           RETURN_TAB             = lt_selected.
    EXCEPTIONS
      PARAMETER_ERROR        = 1
      NO_VALUES_FOUND        = 2
      OTHERS                 = 3
    *if sy-subrc eq '0' .
      write: 'success'.
    *endif.
    read   table lt_selected index sy-tabix.
    move lt_selected-fieldval to ECODE.

• "evdre encountered a problem retrieving data from the webserver"

Hi
    We are using a big report which takes very long time to expand and sometimes we get the error message "evdre encountered a problem retrieving data from the webserver" when expanding the report, but not very often for most of our users. But we have one user who gets this error message almost every second time he expands the report. This user have a computer with same capacity as the rest of us, can there be some setting on the computer or in the client installtion the cause this problem?
    We are using BPC 5.1 SP 5
    /Fredrik

Hi,
    This error occurs usually if we have huge data in combination of our dimensions.
    Even, if the selection of your memberset is not apt to the combination of the data present in the back end, you may encounter a data retrival error.
    regards
    sashank

Maybe you are looking for