Connecting my AS 5350 Router to my PRI T1

Would you tell me where can I find a good qualified Tecnical man to connect My Cisco AS 5350 Router to my PRI T1
I would appreciate very much,
Thank you.
reapinjoy

Not surprisingly, you can find it on cisco.com, under support.

Similar Messages

• I have a TC which is connected wirelessly to my router.  I would like to connect a mac in another location via ethernet to the TC.  I can't seem to get it to connect.  Am I missing something?

I have a virgin Superhub which serves my wireless needs throughout the house.  I have a Timecapsule which connects wirelessly to the router with no issues.  I can backup my MBP over wireless easily.  I have now got another machine in a different part of the house that I would like to connect to the network.  It doesn't have wireless so ethernet is the only option.  I have a number of options 1) run cabling - not really possible  2) buy a powerline network system or 3) use the timecapsule to connect to the network/internet. 
    I like option 3 because
    (a) - I don't have to spend any more money and
    (b) - my wife wont complain about cables also see (a)
    Should using mixed wifi and ethernet clients on a timecapsule work?  if so is it a feature I can use out of the box so to speak?
    Thanks

Should using mixed wifi and ethernet clients on a timecapsule work?  if so is it a feature I can use out of the box so to speak?
    Thanks
    No a TC cannot do what you want.. it is now in dumb stupid wireless join mode.. and it turns off the ethernet ports.. in case you want to use the TC as a wireless bridge to multiple clients which is plainly wrong.. (only airport express is allowed to do this since it has only one ethernet port).
    Welcome to Apple. (The plainly wrong above is a figment of Apple imagination.. of strict network protocols.. but unhelpful for a home device. maybe also to encourage sales of expresses.)

• My HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 won't connect to my wireless router

This is bizarre.  I have had my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 for about 6 months.  It has generally worked fine, and we have used it wirelessly only.  But now it refuses to connect to the router.  It can FIND the router, and it can find other networks in the area, but it won't connect to the router.  I ran the Wireless Network Test, and the results say:
    Wireless On - Pass // Wireless Working - Pass //
    Network Name (SSID) found - Pass //  Wireless Networks Detected - 9
    Printer Settings Consistent with Wireless Router Settings - Pass / No Filtering - FAIL //
    So it recommends solution as follows: "1 If MAC Address filtering is enabled, and you would like to keep it enabled, you must add the Mac address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your router before continuing."
    Except, guess what, I don't have MAC Address filtering enabled.  I wouldn't know how to do that, much less check for it.
    Also, before today, this was never a problem.  HELP!
    Thanks....
    If you are interested, here's more detail and background.  
    Before today, the only problem we have had is that frequently our Apple laptop (OS X 10.6) has trouble connecting to the printer.  This has been odd because the printer is connected to the network, and so is the laptop, but the laptop can't find the printer - it thinks the printer is "offline" (even though it's not).  Usually, if I wait a while, it will find the printer, and it will resolve itself work fine.  If not, we sometimes have found that it can fix itself if you restart the laptop -- restarting the printer does not make a difference.   In fact, I did exactly that today, and it resolved itself.  And I printed.  Fine, right?
    But then I wanted to do more printing, and the problem of the laptop not finding the printer came up again, so I decided to really "get to the bottom of this."  I don't remember exactly what I did, but somehow I was persuaded by the online help, that the correct solution would be to go into my System Preferences / Print and Fax, and click on the "-", which de-installs the printer, with the idea of re-installing the printer.  But then when I tried to re-install the printer, it could not find the printer.  Ugh!  Wierdly, it found an 8600 Scanner, but not an 8600 printers.  After installing and de-installing the 8600 scanner a few times, I eventually deinstalled everything, and I decided to start from scratch.  I got my HP disk, and installed all the software again from the beginning (even though it was already there), and then it looked for my printer, but couldn't find it.  So then I got a USB cord, and plugged that in.
    So, now I have a situation where I do have a working printer via the USB cord, but no wireless connection at all.  In particular, since the Office Jet Pro 8600 won't connect to the router, I don't know what else to do.  My Apple MacBook pro is 2 feet away from the printer, and it is connected to the router just fine (as is my blackberry), and I have never before had a problem connecting to the wireless router by the printer.
    Any suggestions?

There are two things that can trip the mac filtering test to fail:  actual MAC address filtering setup (sounds like this is not the case) and using wireless channel 6 or automatic for wireless channel in the wireless network settings (in the router).  Since it does show failed for MAC filtering and you do not use this option, try changing the wireless channel in the router to 1 or 11.  Those two channels provide the best compatibility with printers due to less interference.  Almost everything defaults to auto or 6 for the channel and this causes a lot of interference.  This change should not affect anything at all.  To do this, you may need to contact the router manufacturer as the process differs from router to router.
    What brand and model is the router?
    Has anything in the network settings changed at all?
    What version is the Mac OS X?  There may be additional steps to take as it sounds like there are two separate issues involved and this could be revisited later.
    ↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

• WRT54G3G-ST router - no internet connection - can't reset router

Hello.  Definite longer story definitely not short (I apologize for the rambling length...  I don't know what is and isn't important, so scan at will, please...  I am sorry...):  Recently my computer (Dell XPS 400, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Internet Explorer 7 with phishing filter and pop-up blocker on, SiteAdvisor, up-to-date McAfee Virus Scanner and Firewall, and a Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G3G-ST router with its power adapter plugged into the wall electrical outlet and a network cable from it directly connected to my computer.) got a drive-by Generic.dx trojan without me downloading anything from one of the few sites I visit daily.  My internet connection crawled, and I now have no connection at all. 
    I've been getting help from McAfee forums very helpful and quick good volunteers...  They recommended Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to me, which I downloaded from my second clean computer (a laptop) to my flash drive, then to my infected computer.  I ran it, tried updating it as recommended, and only then discovered the trojan killed my broadband entirely.  I scanned with it anyway, and it quickly found and removed/quarantined 11 Adware.MyWebSearch related files, but nothing else.  They then gave me a link to an offline updater patch file, and told me scan in safe mode until nothing else was found and check if it fixed my lack of broadband access.  Which I did, Malwarebytes found nothing else, but unfortunately I still had no broadband. 
    Next, they recommended WinsockXPFix.  Which I ran and it made all its registry changes OK, I rebooted as required but still no broadband unfortunately.  Did using WinsockXPFix make things worse for me with the registry changes it made?  I used its registry backup to save the pre-changed registry files prior to running.  Should I revert back since I still have no broadband connection?  The McAfee volunteers then kindly told me I needed to hard reset the router, though I've tried countless times with no fortune.  I'm at a definite loss as to what, if anything, I can do to hopefully get my broadband back, please... 
    It's very confusing with the numerous different variations to reset routers, and what I need to do for my router model (Variations:  Unplug this cable/adapter exactly where, or not; hold the reset button between 5-30 seconds; rebooting the computer, or not; waiting 1 or 2 minutes between various steps, or not - and for all of these at what exact point in the reset process.). 
    I reset it once before with the reset button, routers page at http://192.168.1.1, default admin password, then changed it for security, etc; but this time I can't get it to work.  I'm happy as can be to try again, to get a walk-through maybe, anything please...  When I go to http://192.168.1.1 now, or any other address, Internet Explorer gripes at me that I'm offline, which is annoyingly correct.  I don't have, and never had Zone Alarm, but disabling my McAfee Firewall doesn't help.  IPCONFIG at the Command Prompt gives me a Windows assigned address of 169.254.X.X 
    I was going to use the routers Setup Wizard CD to try to reset the router, and if that failed to try to get its firmware version number to maybe upgrade.  But I was going to ask here first for expert advice since I've read many things that can go wrong while upgrading firmware.  However, scanning the CD (Without running the CD.) McAfee found the virus W32/HLLP.Philis.ini in the file "D:\_desktop.ini" on the CD.  McAfee didn't delete the file, I don't know why. 
       I scanned my entire computer several times and no infections were reported.  I uploaded the file several times to both www.virustotal.com (39 online virus scanners), and virusscan.jotti.org (20 online virus scanners) and every time every virus scanner reported no possible infections.  Is my up-to-date McAfee virus scanner reporting a false positive and yet Jotti and Virustotal's 2 McAfee scanners report the file as probable clean?  Is "_desktop.ini" a legitimate Linksys file?  I found no information on Linksys/its forums about it.  My problems just keep multiplying...mentioning of more problems... 
    Finding that suspect file on the CD I decided to instead download the Setup Wizard from Linksys
    (Router product page:  http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT54G3G-ST/download
    Actual file:  http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/WRT54G3G-ST_SetupWizard_4_2_06042008.zip)
    to my flash drive, then to my infected computer that is connected to the router.  I ran it (Downloaded file version: 4.2.0.007 - Original CD Setup Wizard version: 4.0 printed on CD front.) and it immediately gave 1 of 3 options:  Mobile Broadband Only, Broadband WAN Only, or Broadband WAN and Mobile Broadband.  I don't know what damage, if any, I caused by continuing. 
       It looked like it was trying to go through the entire router setup process.  I thought it would take me to some options to reset the router, as I've read in the User Guide and elsewhere - that was my understanding.  The setup process stopped at only 30% done "Router not found, please make sure the router is properly connected and try again."  How much overwriting of original router setup files did I do by continuing?  I'm entirely confused.  Doesn't the Wizard check if the router has been previously setup prior to setting it up again?  Did the version difference cause my router to not be detected by the Setup Wizard?  Did the Generic.dx trojan that killed my broadband trash my computer settings so bad that my router is undetectable/essentially not setup? 
    Update of sorts:  I tried one last time to reset the router, and I unplugged/plugged the network cable.  Doing that I still had no broadband on my main usage Dell XPS computer that's connected to the Linksys router.  However, my laptop, with Data Card in the router, was for the first time able to find the network - the constant connection and speed is brilliant, it's what it allways has been on the laptop (Since the trojan/router problems, my laptop only had broadband with the Data Card in the laptop.).  Maybe the network cable simply wasn't re-connected properly/entirely during 1 of the many reset attempts, it indeed could also explain the downloaded Setup Wizard not being able to find the router/only getting 30% done. 
    Laptop Command Prompt IPCONFIG /ALL with Sprint Data Card inserted in laptop computer slot: 
    IP Address    = 174.158.XX.XXX (Sprint)
    Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.255
    DNS Servers = 68.28.90.91
    Laptop Command Prompt IPCONFIG /ALL with Sprint Data Card inserted in router: 
    IP Address    = 192.168.1.1XX
    Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server      = 192.168.1.1
    DNS Servers      = 192.168.1.1
    Since my laptop started working with the Data Card in the router I haven't tried again to reset the router, nor have I tried the downloaded Setup Wizard.  I don't want to mess anything up further than I have(?) / the trojan has, and I need some expert advice, please, as to which of the 2 if either I should do (first?).  On my laptop computer only, typing http://192.168.1.1 in Internet Explorer gets the pop-up for username and password, but I haven't proceeded.  I've read you shouldn't reset the router and/or(? Is it both or just 1 please?) upgrade the firmware unless the computer is directly connected to the router - which my laptop is not.  On my other computer that still has no broadband, Internet Explorer still tells me I'm offline when typing http://192.168.1.1 into it.  My IP Address on it is still a Windows assigned 169.254.X.X and a Command Prompt PING 192.168.1.1 returns with "Destination host unreachable.", as it allways has and same with all other addresses (Except for 169.254.X.X). 
    Annoying 2nd "update" of sorts, apologies for length, as allways:  I've been so focused on the trojan/broadband killing that I've cluelessly largely forgot that I have dial-up with AOL.  Trying AOL dial-up also does not work, the insanity thickens...  AOL software tells me to check my connection, but all phone cords are plugged in as should be.  I plugged a phone directly into the wall outlet and I get a dial tone, I can call out OK, and the phone rings and gets calls OK.  Device Manager-Modems-Properties-Device Status says the modem is working properly, and Resources Tab shows no conflicts.  Diagnostics Tab's Query Modem looks OK to me, as does the log, but as allways I'm definitely no expert.  I didn't change any settings anywhere. 
       I have noticed off and on that checking IPCONFIG it says my IP Address is 192.168.1.100   It lasts maybe a day (then goes back to 169.254.X.X), maybe longer, I don't know - I don't check that often to pin it down (Should I?).  During this time neither my broadband, nor my dial-up works.  I can PING 192.168.1.100, but nothing else.  I'm convinced the evil trojan killed both my broadband and dial-up - I've never had a problem with my Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem prior.  Also, I'm not convinced the trojan is not still lurking everywhere on my computer, I think it is... 
    Any and all help in restoring my broadband/dial-up is greatly appreciated, please...  Thank you! 
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello.  It's been entirely too long since I've replied, I'm sorry.  There's no excuse, and it's terribly rude of me...  You took the time to read and reply to me, and I endlessly appreciate that indeed.  I apologize for my long delay, I'm sorry... 
    After I left my message I downloaded many virus/spyware scanners, etc. from my laptop onto my flash drive, then my other computer for some needed thorough deep scans.  One that I downloaded was Network Magic, which somehow, someway fixed both my broadband/dial-up internet on my main computer that's connected to the WRT54G3G-ST router.  I don't know what/how it repaired my connection, but the broadband connection/speed has been working brilliantly since...  Network Magic worked for me, and I highly recommend it to everyone who has stubborn complete lack of internet problems (caused by trojans at that) as I did.  There's no guarantee it'll work, but it did for me to my amazement. 
    Network Magic, as is Linksys, is owned by parent company Cisco.  Respectfully to all the good knowledgeable experts here (Which clearly I am not.), I don't want to tread out of my bounds.  I'm simply trying hopefully to be helpful and save some headaches for both you the volunteers and the users...buying a new router and/or computer was on my mind, with all due respect I recommend suggesting to try Network Magic to users if resetting the router/all else fails, please.  I did use WinsockXPFix/WinsockFix utility prior to using Network Magic, I don't know if that matters. 
    I also upgraded my McAfee package, I installed over my old software instead of uninstalling first, which caused errors in the virus scanner of all critically needed things.  I have it installed properly now, but it did cause quite a delay in re-focus of my time.  Some of the virus scans also found many trojans, some were the same/in the same folders that killed my broadband - which stopped me in my tracks to insure uninfected cleaning. 
    That definitely doesn't entirely explain the long lapse of time, and I apologize for that, again.  It's just that I'm trying to be cautious and slow in all this.  To answer the first very good idea you made:  Unfortunately, there's no place on my other computer to plug the router in to, which all the more so caused frustration (at the time).  I forgot to include this in my novel length post of countless things to check/remember...  It was a brilliant idea though, thank you... 
    I thank you for your time and help, I do sincerely appreciate it...  Thank you...  I think, and hope this matter is solved.  It seems to be, the router is working perfectly as it allways has, and I'm positively happy as can be about it.  Thank you...  Peace... 

• The iTune Remote App has stopped finding my iTunes library when connected to wifi from my main router, but works fine when connected via second wifi router on the same network (different SSID)

I'm running iTunes Remote App from a couple of iPhone 5's and a first generation iPod Touch. iTunes is running on a PC - Windows 7. My home network runs two Wifi Routers, each with a different SSID. I've had no problems with the Remote app running this set up for the last 8 months but recently the App can only find my iTunes library when the iPhone/iPod is connected via one specific router, when connected to the network via the other router, no iTunes library is found. I'm also running an Apple TV and it's the same as the iTunes Library, only visible via the one SSID.
    Everything else seems to work fine when connected via either router, eg Internet on the iPhones (definitely via wifi)
    I've tried renewing the lease on the iPhone wifi connection, restarting everything.....several times.....
    It used to work fine, this only seems to have been a problem in recent weeks
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Ian

It turned out to be the firewall settings on our router. Her machine was sending traffic that our router interpreted as a DoS attack and blacklisted her Airport's MAC address. That's why it would work fine if she switched to Ethernet.

• How to connect a E1200 wireless router to a machine tool network for wireless communications

Hello all, I am new to the forum, hope someone can help me out. I am wanting to connect my E1200 wireless router to a machine tool in our factory that has programmable controllers and is connected to the machine components via ethernet connections. This is so we can troubleshoot the machine without having a wired laptop. We have several ethernet switches on the machine and a range of IP addresses say from 192.16.1.1 through 192.16.1.150, and 192.16.17.1 through 192.16.17.150, all of the addresses are not used but random addresses in the range. I would like to be able to connect my E1200 to either one of the networks without having to make a change in the router setup. I can make it work on either network but when I switch my cable to the other network it has to be reconfigured. I am currently connecting my data cable to a ethernet port on the router and changing my router address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.16.1.1 and selecting a range of 150 so it will assign numbers as needed. This works great until I change to the other network and I have to change my router address to 192.16.17.1, I know this can be done on some routers because the technicians from the machine builder use them when working on the machines. thanks

On the basic setup tab make the changes shown below:
    This basically make the router disappear off the existing networks and turns it into a wireless AP.
    Then when you set your laptop's wireless adapter to whatever IP network you want to connect to.
    If you need to connect to your router again change the laptop's adapter IP to something like 192.168.200.2
    Keep in mind nothing ever gets plugged into the Internet Port on the router.
    What I do with these manufacturing machine's is put them on the company network with static IP's. Then so operators can transfer programs and view drawings I place ELO touchscreens at each location. For the Laser cutter operators that do nesting they have a desktop workstation for the CAD software and put the nests on a network share or direct to the laser cutters.
    Please remember to Kudo those that help you.
    Linksys
    Communities Technical Support

• My ipad nor my iphone will connect to the wireless router, and i have no internet connection

In my previous place I had all my Mac Book, iphone and iPad connected through the wireless router. Now in my new place my macbook is connecting occasionally, and my iphone and ipad are not connecting at all, although in "settings" it looks that they are, but when I open the browser it says "safari cannot open page because it is not connected to the internet" What is wrong?

nandasaboia wrote:
    The networks show up, but since I haven't been able to connect, I don't get the "forget this network" option.
    Yes, other users are iphone users.
    Where the network shows up settings >>>wifi >>>Office network >>>click the small i in a blue circle click and you will find option to forget network

• F4580 and can't connect to new modem/router

This printer was working ok with the old router but won't connect with new modem/router.

Yup, this is expected.  You will have to re-install the printer.  Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page, run the installation and choose "Wireless" or "Network" when it asks.  You will have to temporarily use a USB cable to communicate with the printer.
    Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
    I am employed by HP

• Since upgrading to Mountain Lion I cannot connect to my wireless router

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion I cannot connect to my wireless router. I have 2 wireless networks in my home. One is the primary whuch all of my devices connect to. The other is for backup only. I cannot connect to the primary with my iMac but have no trouble with any of the other devices which include iphones and ipads.phones and iPads. I can however connect to the backup without a problem. I have tried upgrading the firmware of the router as well as changing the security from WEP to WPA-2, no luck. Can anyone help?

Try this, it's for information.
    In Finder, open the Go menu, press and hold the option  key, 'Library' will appear on the menu, click and scroll to Application Support, open the folder and scroll to 'AddressBook-v22.abcddb'. Click on the file and press Command-I. Towards the bottom you'll see Permissions, tell me what they are please.

• I have an airport extreme and express, if I use the extreme as a base station connected to my old router can I use the express to extend the signal while also creating a new network that only I can use?

I have an airport extreme and express, if I use the extreme as a base station connected to my old router can I use the express to extend the signal while also creating a new network that only I can use? Essentially having two wifi connection off the same network? If so how do I set this up?

Extending using a wireless connection always results in a performance compromise.
    If the Express is going to extend using a wireless connection, then the Express will need to be located about half way between the AirPort Extreme and the general area where you need more wireless coverage. The more that you have line-of-sight between the Extreme and Express, the better the network will operate.
    Remember......the Express can only "extend" the quality and signal speed that it receives, so it needs to be located where it can get a very good signal from the Extreme. Although Apple cleverly uses the term "extend", a more accurate term for the Express would be "repeater".
    If the Express will extend by connecting to the Extreme using a permanent, wired Ethernet cable connection......highly recommended for best performance.....then the Express can be located exactly where you need more wireless coverage. There is no signal loss at all through the Ethernet cable, so the Express gets a full speed signal no matter where it might be located.
    Post back to let us know which way to you want to go.

• Can i use my time capsule to extend my wifi signal without physically connecting it to my router?

I currently have a BT Homehub connected to a modem, which is connected to the ethernet port in my wall (which is downstairs). I bought a timecapsule to wirelessly back up my computer. It is connected via ethernet cable to my router. I have recently been having trouble getting a wifi signal in one room in my house (upstairs). To fix this i was wondering whether it is possible to move my time machine somewhere upstairs, to a location closer to this room, and have it transmit a wifi signal without it being connected to my router via ethernet. And if so how would i go about doing this?
    cheers
    jadidev

Can i use my time capsule to extend my wifi signal without physically connecting it to my router?
    Yes, if you have an Apple router.
    No, if you have a BT router.
    IF....your Time Capsule is currently set up to provide a wireless network signal, you could add another Apple device...like an AirPort Express....to extend the Time Capsule wireless signal.

• Airport Express switch to N-Only , Unable to Connect or Even detect router.

Hi, I have a macbook pro from early feb 2008 with the penryn processor in it and an airport express wireless N. When i have the airport express in 802.11n (b/g compatible) i'm able to connect and see the router wirelessly, but when i do N only (2.4 or 5 ghz), i can't connect nor detect the router. It basically just "disappears" and i have to manually reset the router by pressing the small button, setting it back to 802.11n (b/g compatible). Now i'm pretty sure i have wireless N enabled on my macbook pro, because under network utilities i see a/b/g/n as the transmission modes available.
    Anyone else have this problem or have any idea on how to solve it?

I'm assuming that you have the Time Capsule and each AirPort Express device setup correctly, but just in case can you check your settings using AirPort Utility - Manual Setup
    First check the Time Capsule
    Open AirPort Utility - Click Manual Setup
    Click the Wireless tab below the row of icons
    Wireless Mode should be set to "Create a wireless network"
    There must be a check mark next to "Allow this network to be extended"
    Update to save any changes
    On each AirPort Express
    Open AirPort Utility - Click Manual Setup
    Click the Wireless tab
    Wireless Mode = Extend a wireless network
    Wireless Network Name = Same name as you Time Capsule network
    Check mark next to Allow Wireless Clients
    Wireless Security = Exact same setting as your Time Capsule
    Wireless Password = Exact same password as your Time Capsule
    Update to save any changes
    If your settings look like the examples above, and you know that interference is not preventing a connection, then I'm out of ideas.

• When I connect my apple tv to my access point upstair and connect my ipad to the same access point i cant see my apple tv when i open up the airplay menu on my ipad. but i can see the apple tv in the living room downstair which connect to the main router

when I connect my apple tv to my access point upstair and connect my ipad to the same access point i cant see my apple tv when i open up the airplay menu on my ipad. but i can see the apple tv in the living room downstair which connect to the main router.
    Below is some info i get about ports.
    I tried to set DMZ on my main router to have full access to ported to access point upstair which is in the ip of 192.168.1.2 and the main router in the living room is the gateway router with the 192.168.1.1 ip.
    I still cant see apple tv after i try the DMZ method.
    any suggestion ?
    These network ports are used by Apple TV for communications on your network.
    TCP port 123 is used to communicate with a network time server.
    TCP port 3689 is used to communicate with iTunes while using the iTunes Library Sharing feature.
    UDP port 5353 is used by Apple TV for automatically finding computers with iTunes on your network using Bonjour.
    TCP port 80 is used for communicating with podcast servers.
    TCP port 80 and 443 are used for basic and secure communications with the iTunes Store via the Internet.
    TCP port 53 is used for regular DNS.
    These are well-known ports used by Apple products, like iTunes. If you can use all the features of iTunes, these ports are likely already open on your firewall or NAT router. Note: These ports may also used by other services such as YouTube and Flickr.

When the Apple TV is paired with a remote, it means only that remote can control it, when it's not paired any remote can control it. You will need a remote for each of your devices.

• How does HP 8500 connect to Netgear WNR3500 router?

I currently have an old HP printer connected (USB) to an Apple Airport for a one printer for our house.  Can the 8500 connect to the Netgear router, directly to a cable modem, without a computer (like the Airport can)....or not?

Yes, you can.  Depending on the model of 8500 (there are three), it can connect either with a wired (Ethernet) connection (all of them) or the two higher end ones can connect wirelessly.  
    You do not want to connect a printer to a router with USB unless it is only a printer (no scan function).  USB ports on routers only support printing, not scanning.  Ethernet or wireless support print and scan for all computers on the router.  It does not matter how the printer or computers are connected to the router, they can all communicate with each other.
    Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
    I am employed by HP

• Officejet 6500A plus won't connect to new wireless router

I recently purchased the Netgear R6250 Wireless Router.  My HP Officejet 6500A plus was able to connect to my old router, the Netgear WNDR3400, but it will not connect to my new router using the WPS feature, nor the Pin method.
    I get "An error has occured" message when using the WPS, and an "Invalid Passphrase" with the manual input. I have verified the passphrase several times with the same result.
    Is the issue with my new router (i.e. I need to make some sort of change to its settings that are not indicated in the manual) or is there an issue with the Printer (i.e. something special needs to be done to allow it to connect to this new router) 

Yes, download the user guide here.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4083977&
    Follow the instructions to connect to wireless router.  Page 224 Use the Setup Wizard.
    Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
    If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
    I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Maybe you are looking for

• Flash player works on my windows 8 screen, but not desktop

All of a sudden, my flash player has stopped working  on my desktop but continues to work on my windows 8 start screen. I've tried managing my add-ons and downloading flash player again but  it won't let me because it is meant to be embedded in windo

• Check-Boxes and Popup Menus

Hi, all! I'm a relative novice at AppleScript. What I'm looking for is a way to put a check box (like in a form) into a dialog box. I'd like to put it under some buttons, or a popup menu, which brings me to my next question: How do you add a popup me

• Using GetCharacterRect to get character... rect and a case of a missing GetNextInsertionPosition

Hi, I was trying to get the rectangle occupied by characters in a TextBlock and found this TextPointer.GetCharacterRect method only... it does not return a rect, but rather a position (the width of the rect is always zero) and TextBlock.ContentStart.

• HP photosmart c309g still not working with os maverick??​?

i dont understand why this is still not fixed - over a year later!! I'm not sure wether to get rid of my HP pinter scanner or my mac!! Everytime i scan i get a black page- using apple preview is a joke. According to the threads people were complainin

• Unable to modify any document through Cisco Edge WAE

Hi @ll I'm having problems modifying documents (MS Office files) through my Cisco Edge WAE and I don't know if it's a problem in the cache or where the problem may be so I hope any of you have had this problem before to help me out finding a solution