Create another system disk for Legion/SAM-T1

Hello,
I am creating a new disk using the following command:
Code: 
dd if=/dev/zero of=/export/home/ramdisk/0 bs=512 count=4096k
after creating the disk, i tool a ufsdump of a solaris 10 filesytem (disk size 512MB)
Code:
ufsdump -cvf /export/home/ufsdump/sol_orig /
and then restored the dump files onto the newly created 2GB disk (after creating a newfs and mounting that disk to /mnt/sol_2gb):
Code:
ufsrestore -rvf /export/home/ufsdump/sol_orig /mnt/sol_2gb
after that, i installed the boot block on the 2gb disk:
Code:
installboot /usr/platform/sun4v/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s3
where, c0t0d0s3 is the newly created 2gb disk.
then I try to use the 2 gb disk to boot the system just by using the boot command.
This is when the SMF services start to load and after everything is loaded, I get the errors. (PCI SubSystem error)
I am using Legion which is a T-2000 simulator (T-1 processor, sun4v arch). I have attached the config. file for the simulator.
When i boot from the original 512Mb image, there is no issue at all.
Could someone help me with why just copying the file system to a bigger disk maybe causing so much trouble.

Does the original boot disk boot from s3 or s0? We usually boot from s0. What is the boot device set to?
Is this the exact error: PCI SubSystem error I'm not familiar with it.
Thanks, Cindy

Similar Messages

• How can i create another icloud account on a same phone

I forgot my icloud password, now i can't acceess my account anymore..
    Can i create another icloud account on the same phone?
    Or perharps i can still retrieve my old password? how?
    A little help please. Thanks.

Mannheim62 wrote:
    Thanks for responding and answering my question. If we decided to use my wife's icloud account as our primary, is there a way to "not sync" the incoming email with her iphone and ipad? That would simplify things greatly because she doesn't read any of her email on her iphone or ipad.
    If you don't want to sync the iCloud email account on her devices, all you would need to do is go to Settings>iCloud on her devices and turn Mail off.  This would remove the email account from her devices but would leave any other iCloud syncing services that you want to use with the account in place.

• Creating a recovery disk for windows 8

need to create a recovery disk for windows 8, on HP Pavilion g6-2238dx Notebook PC...getting error message because I unintentionally deleted part of the program... now it won't boot up... I get to a message that says...Windows restarted Unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.  Windows install cannot proceed, click ok .  When I do that the program restarts... it repeats the process over and over... Any Suggestions?
    THank you

Try tapping away at the F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop to get into HP Recovery Manager which can be used to do a System Recovery back to Factory settings.
    ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
    **Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

• How to create a System Extract for Communication

Hi,
    I've built System Extracts before but not for Communication. Does anybody know what the steps are to create a System Extract for Communication? I already built a particular Communication Type and the delivery method is email. I was told that Oracle only creates the trigger for this Communication Type but not the email. If I built the System Extract Communication and run it, is that supposed to send an email? and if so, what kind of information will be sent in the email?
    Thanks,
    Ronaldo

Hi James,
    If you like to use SAP web dispatcher as a solution for load balancing portal application, you no need to create system object under systems..
    You have to install web dispatcher as separate instance where you need to configure portal apps into it..
    Configure web dispatcher like to hit the admin port, use http://<webdisp-server>:<adminport>/sap/admin
    For normal portal access, use http://<friendly URL>/irj/portal
    The good news is that the webdispatcher knows that the portal supports SSL
    Another advantage of this config, is the webdisp, will just replace the apache redirect server. Users will access mycompany.com, without any port number, since we are redirecting 80 to the backend j2ee. Also, https should work like in the normal world.
    Profile will be like below...
    SAPSYSTEMNAME = WEB
    SAPSYSTEM = 00
    INSTANCE_NAME = W00
    DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)/run
    DIR_EXECUTABLE = $(DIR_CT_RUN)
    Accesssability of Message Server
    Message Server Parameters ##########
    NOTE: The "ms/http_port" must match the profile on the Central Instance
    rdisp/mshost = <FQDN of portal CI Host>
    ms/http_port = <Ms port of portal>
    SAP Web Dispatcher Ports
    #icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$
    icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=80, TIMEOUT=3600, EXTBIND=1 (some OS will not allow to bind ports <1024)
    Admin port details
    icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=3200
    #, EXTBIND=1
    icm/HTTP/admin_0 =
    PREFIX=/sap/admin,DOCROOT=./admin,PORT=3200,AUTHFILE=/usr/sap/WEB/SYS/global/security/data/icmauth.txt
    SSL
    icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/ , TO=http://<friendly URL name>/irj/portal
    WebAS Message Server Parameters
    rdisp/TRACE = 1
    icm/trace_secured_data = 1
    Regards
    Suresh

• How to create  an alternative bom for the same product

Hi expert,
       I want to know how to create an alternative bom for the same product. Can i use the different bom usage to create or use the same bom usage? In addition, how can i use the production version to link the alternative bom for the same product?
    Please help me solve the problem.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    George shi

HI
    you can go with t-code CS01
    if you have the BOM already and you want to create the alternative BOM then just goto create BOM
    and enter the material and plant and uasge system will auto matically prapose the next numner ie, if you have Alt BOM1
    then next system will prappose 2.
    then you can enter the components as per you requirement
    if you go to different BOM usage then sytem will not go for alternative BOM it gives again alt bom 1.
    prodcution version you need to craet from mateial master
    each version you can go woith alternative BOMS
    Version 1 will have alt BOM1
    Version 2 can haev ALT BOM2
    -ashok

• How can i create another apple id for my other iphone?

how can i create another apple id for my other iphone? my wife is using the other iphone and we dont want to share contacts and downloads.

Go to this page to create another Apple ID. You'll need to have another email address to do it.
    Best of luck.

• How to create multi garnishment order for the same garnishment document

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how to create multi garnishment order for the same garnishment document. I tried to copy the entry in IT0195 but the sequence field is grayed out so it will just delete the old record. What configuration should I do to make this possible?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

hi,
    As far as I got it.
    You cannot have multiple Garnishment order but if a need arises you have to maintain it in IT216.
    For that follow this path goto PA30->pernr->194->change->Garnishment->adjustment.
    Since like order you cannot maintain adjustment also directly.
    Regards,
    Amit
    Reward all helpful replies.

• Can we create two dashboard prompts for the same column in the samepage

hi ,
    can we create two dashboard prompts for the same column on the same page,
    I have a date column and I am trying to create 2 dashboard prompts on the same page one as from date and the other one as to date.Is this possible to create.When I am trying to create it is giving me error like cannot use same column for creating the prompt
    Any suggestions or ideas

863997 wrote:
    hi ,
    can we create two dashboard prompts for the same column on the same page,
    I have a date column and I am trying to create 2 dashboard prompts on the same page one as from date and the other one as to date.Is this possible to create.When I am trying to create it is giving me error like cannot use same column for creating the prompt
    Any suggestions or ideasYou are correct. You cannot build two prompts on the same column. Use this link for instructions on how to build a "between prompt" because of this fact:
    http://oraclebizint.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/oracle-bi-ee-101332-between-prompts-for-date-columns-using-presentation-variables/

• I have only 1 ipad device, can I create 2 icloud accounts for the same ipad?

I have only 1 ipad device, can I create 2 icloud accounts for the same ipad?

Of course.
    To create the first iCloud account, open Settings > iCloud, type your Apple ID and follow the steps to set up iCloud.
    Then, to add a second iCloud account, open Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > Add Account > iCloud, type the second Apple ID and set up iCloud for this Apple ID.
    Note that one iCloud account will work as the primary account and the other one as the secondary account. See > http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4020

• Creating another AS2 agreement for another customer gives me an error on my companies party.

I had created an AS2 agreement for company A to communicate with company B (my company).
    It's all working fine now after some issues.
    I am now creating another AS2 agreement for company C to also communicate with company B (my company).
    Gives me a identity already in use (company B - My company), what gives?
    Thanks 
    Bico Bielich

Have you gone through below post
    Catering for non-standard UNB identification qualifiers in EDIFact envelopes with BizTalk
    Thanks
    Abhishek

• MULTIPLE  SCRATCH  DISKS FOR THE SAME PROJECT

Hello... I have a quick scratch disc question:
    I have project that is running too low on scratch disk space. Can I use my boot drive (that has FCP on it) as an alternate scratch disk for the same project? Or does one project have to have the same scratch disk?
    Thanks!
    - TEXASFLOOD

Hi Texasflood,
    Having all the media in one place is preferable. Among other things when using multiple scratch disks you always have to make sure and double check that your logging bins are correctly set and that FCP is using the scratch disk you want.
    What you could do is use Media manager to move the existing media to the new scratch disk with plenty of space (Media manager will reconnect all the media) and then capture your remaining 24GB in your new scratch disk.
    Read about how to use Media Manager in the manual and checkout the paragraph in this linked article titled [Copying And Moving Projects|http://www.kenstone.net/fcphomepage/media_manager_fcp_4balis.html].
    If you do use MM choose to copy and not move media, then for the piece of mind check first that everything is in place and working and only then delete the media in your older drive.
    G.

• How to create another email address for my Wife?

I might be over thinking this but how do I create another email address for my wife? I can't find where to do that? I found the alias email but not just a regular email. Please help someone:)
    Thanks so much,
    Scott

Hello Scott.
    If this is in reference to creating a .Mac email only account for your wife, you don't so this via the Mail program. This is done via webmail access for your .Mac account preferences.
    An .Mac account alias is free but an alias address cannot be accessed as a separate account because an alias isn't an account.
    A .Mac email only account cost $10 per year and can be accessed as separate account.

• Can I create a system disk on one machine, and swap it into another?

I just reinstalled the Win 7 Pro operating system, using lenovo install disks, on my 3820/K1000m W530.  I may end up getting a 3840QM/K2000M W530, and wanted to know if I can just swap the disk I just made into the new machine, this avoiding the issue of re-creating the disk.  I have Windows Office 2013 on the thing. I was hoping to
    1) Deactivate Windows 2013 (and adobe creative suite) on the source machine from the source disk.
    2) Physically Install a clean Samsung 850 Pro 500 into the new target machine. 
    3) Put the source disk in a usb-based disk case and attach it to the target machine.
    4) Boot to a diskcopy program from the optical drive on the target machine.
    5) Copy the system disk, with all my ancillary programs and such, onto the target machine
    6) Restore the source disk to the source machine.
    7) Boot the target machine and (here's what I'm hoping) have the target machine validate/activate windows 7
    8) reactivate office on the target machine, and reinstall the Adobe license
    9) reactivate office on the source machine
    I would then have two functional machines, a main (target) and a spare. 
    Will this work?  Or must I install win 7 from scratch?
    IF this is not possible, do the W530 Bioses have a windows s/n that is version specific? In other words, if I can dig up Windows Ultimate (I'd like to get bitlocker), can I install that instead of pro?
    Thanks!
    Jim
    Two W530s, i7-3820QM, 2.7Ghz, 500Gb Samsung 850 Pro, 1920x1080, nVidia K2000m/100m, Win 7 Pro
    T510, M540, 2.53Ghz, 1Tb hybrid drive, Win 7 Pro
    Two T61ps, T9500/T9300, 2.6GHz, 8Gb RAM, 256Gb Samsung 840 Evo, 1900x1200, nVidia 256Mb FX 570m, Win 7 Pro/Ultimate

I have to disagree with you, DSperber.  First of all Microsoft doesn't care if you install Windows, as long as you have a valid COA and your version matches that COA.    You can actually download the Windows 7 ISOs for the Windows version you need!  I understand that they legally require a COA on each Win machine sold, to allow folks to rebuild blown systems.  This is discussed on the microsoft Windows 7 forum:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/where-can-i-download-wind...
    You can download the ISO, load it, and then use the COA key to validate.  Apparently while Microsoft requires this printed COA, they prefer it to be used only in extreme cases, as when the oem SLP does not work.  I take this to mean that Microsoft WANTS you to install the OEM software, rather than bother them.  Because if you use the printed COA activation key, you have to contact MS to validate it.
    Some more information is here:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/what-is-different-between...
    The point is, the COA sticker on the computer vouches that you are entitled to have a valid Windows license on that computer.  It may be that Lenovo doesn't want you to use the recovery disks from another computer.  If so, your note would seem to imply that Lenovo is actually more restrictive about their software than Microsoft!
    I understand that using the recovery disks from another computer may seem to deprive Lenovo of the 50 bucks they get when you order them.  I wish I could have saved that money several times.  But hey, these disks aren't customized.  You call in with your model number and serial number, and Lenovo sends out recovery disks with the approprate version of windows originally sold with the machine (sorry, Vista customers!), with the OEM SLP.  So its not a licensing issue, it's a (very small) revenue issue.  And every time someone is able to resurrect their Lenovo machine without a hassle and without that $50, it's worth far, far more in terms of good will.  Perhaps saving that 50 bucks is what pushes me over the edge to buy a new W541 or W550!
    Jim
    I currently have:
    2 T61ps, both Pennryn, both 8Gb Crucial RAM, both 1Tb hybrid drives, T9500 and
    1 T510, (I forget the specs)
    2 W530s, both i7-8420QM, 16Gb and 8Gb, both Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb SSDs, K1000m and K2000m, with 1080p screens.
    Two W530s, i7-3820QM, 2.7Ghz, 500Gb Samsung 850 Pro, 1920x1080, nVidia K2000m/100m, Win 7 Pro
    T510, M540, 2.53Ghz, 1Tb hybrid drive, Win 7 Pro
    Two T61ps, T9500/T9300, 2.6GHz, 8Gb RAM, 256Gb Samsung 840 Evo, 1900x1200, nVidia 256Mb FX 570m, Win 7 Pro/Ultimate

• Can create twice billing document for the same delivery in STO

Hi experts,
    I donot have problems in Standard Sales order when I create billing doc via VF01. When I try to create another billing doc in VF01 for the same delivery it says error, as the item is already invoiced.
    This is correct. 
    But while creating invoice for STO order, system allows me to create more than 1 billing document for the same delivery. If we accidentally or purposefully create it allows to create many.
    Could you let me know where in SPRO (IMG) I can control this?
    Thanks,
    Pri

Hi
    STO billing if it is intercompany STO followed by IV billing type you can create only once
    No special settings reqd to achieve this as you bill  (IV billing type) the delivery the first time, the delivery status gets completed
    If Intracompany, the billing type is proforma invoice F8  and this can be created as many times as you wish as proforma doesnot update accounting
    if your issue is this
    Even this also if you want to restrict only once then try with copying requirenments 311 at item level (i hope standard item category NLN is used) in VTFL between header NL to F8
    Regards
    Raja

• Help creating a boot disk for ailing powerbook (and journalist!)

Hello, I'm a journalist with a desperate need to recover my Mac.
    My Powerbook G4 (operating 10.4.8 I believe) was working fine until I did the latest suggested Mac software upgrade of Safari. Immediately Safari stopped responding hanging up or quitting. So I tried the next recommended update, thinking perhaps the two went together: Security 2008-009 I believe. It required a restart, which I did. (Note: I didn't do the recommended Java or Quicktime update at the same time because I'm currently working in Sierra Leone with terribly slow internet and figured I'd get to it later).
    Now, however, the computer won't boot up. I hear the tone, I get the gray screen with the apple, I get the blue screen, I get the opening OS X screen and the blue progress bar, which then quits early on. Then I get a blue screen of alternating hues, which continues infinitely.
    I tried all the Apple and web-suggested fixes. I cannot enter safe mode and can only perform functions with the single user mode. I've tried fsck and it said my HD is fine. The problem, I suspect, would be easy enough to fix if I could just reinstall OS X with my CD. However I am currently 7000 miles from home and CD, and in desperate need of my laptop in order to continue my volunteer work.
    I do have access to a friend's MacBook Pro 10.4.9 and the internet. I have downloaded Carbon Copy Cloner... however I don't know which files I need to copy in order to create a boot disk. Nor do I know how to create a boot disk to actually put into my computer. I have also been scared by the CCC literature that says I need to erase the target volume... which in this case is my external hard drive containing all of our video footage from the last 8 months!
    I use my computer every day, however I am a newbie at using things like Terminal and higher order functions that these occasions seem to require. CCC's Help manual, for me, might as well have been written in hieroglyphs (which, come to think of it, would have been easier as I seem to understand pictures well enough).
    I would be eternally grateful for any simple or step-by-step advice which might help me get back to work. I'm training African journalists, and without my computer to edit, we cannot do a thing!
    Thanks,
    Kim

Here's some trouble shooting methods that I've copied from Apple KB articles:
    Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
    Shut down the computer.
    Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously.
    Turn on the computer.
    Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
    Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time. Release the keys.
    If zapping the PRAM doesn't work, try resetting the PMU.
    Warning: Resetting the power manager also resets date and time settings. Performing a PMU reset returns the iBook and PowerBook hardware, including NVRAM, to default settings and forces the computer to shut down.
    PowerBook G4 (DVI) and PowerBook G4 (1 GHz/867 MHz)
    If the computer is on, turn it off.
    Disengage the two keyboard latches located between the Esc and F1 keys, and the F11 and
    F12 keys. (You may also need to disengage the keyboard locking screw located between the
    F5 and F6 keys.)
    Lift the keyboard. To ensure no harmful static electricity is transferred to the computer,
    properly ground yourself before performing this procedure.
    Press and release the reset button located on the upper right side of the logic board near the power button, shown here. Wait 5 seconds.
    Press the power button to restart the computer.
    PowerBook G4 and PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
    If the computer is on, turn it off.
    Press and release the reset button located on the rear panel of the computer between the
    external video and modem ports. Wait 5 seconds.
    Press the Power button to restart the computer.
    HTH!

Maybe you are looking for

• Urgent: Report to Report Interface

Hi Friends, I created two queries one as sender and another as receiver. In receiver i restricted it with custom variable and in sender i am using the same characteristic. now when i execute sender is not jumping to receiver although i have maintaine

• A film I downloaded is no longer available in iTunes Store

A film I have purchased from the iTunes Store is no longer listed when i do a search (top right hand of iTunes application.  For the avoidance of doubt the podcast associated with the film does come up so I am sure I am typing the name correctly) and

• Middleware Settings - Duplicate entries in the Table TCURC

Hi Experts, I am doing middleware settings for integrating SAP CRM 5.0 with SAP R/3 4.7. Before replicating the customizing objects, i found duplicate entries for ISO Codes in the table TCURC (Field name-ISOCD). Following are those entries MANDT     

• Vendor Invoicing Details

Hello, I lack Financial functional knowledge. I am trying to report total spending on a vendor by material, plant. I find G/L line item extractor has most of the fields or atleast base table BSEG has all the field to meet my requirement ( perhaps I w

• Extract from multiple tables

Hi, I need to extract data from my leagcy source system which is on oracle. I need to extract 50 records from each of my table in the my schema to a flat file with the same name as of table. I have around 500 tables in my schema. So is there any way