Hardware requirement for voice/fax channel from T1?

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I am looking for validation on my interpretation of hardware requirements.
The scenario:
I currently have a T1 coming in to the facility and terminating into a vendor-supplied Adtran box which splits off one of the channels from the T1 for voice/fax use (the Adtran has a centronics-style connector going to a 66 block)
I am also in the process of ordering ADSL service to supplement the bandwidth for non-business usage.
Rather than end up with a solution involving an adtran, ADSL modem, and router or two... I want to combine all services into a 1751 chassis.  My only concern / confusion is how to 'split' off the single voice channel from the T1.  There is a phone # associated with the voice channel.
I believe that I will need the router, a multiflex T1 WIC (VWIC-1MFT-T1), ADSL wic (WIC-1ADSL-DG), and an FXS card such as the VIC-2FXS
Am I close here, or completely off base?  Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
-P

Paolo,
Thanks for the reply - I guess I'm just trying to figure out if the way I described is the 'concept' and correct WIC/VWIC combination of how to get an analog dialtone from a T1 channel while leaving the rest for data.
I know there are probably many more benefits to going with a more modern router, but this is for personal use (the T1 is tied to a business account, but hosted in my house and maintained by me) and I can't really get an ISR in my price range - 1751s, on the other hand, are easy to come by and affordable - I just want to ensure I can have a single line available for Fax
Thanks!
-P

Similar Messages

• What software & hardware required for voice mail?

Hi
    I have 1 C2901-CME-SRST/K9, 1 WS-C2960S-24PS-L, 5 Ip phone 9951, now I want voice answer with option for the destination number then auto mail box if  no body answer, what kindly of software and hardware will be required?
    Thanks

You can use Cisco Unity Express for VoiceMail and AutoAttendant.
    Take a look at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps5520/product_data_sheet0900aecd806aefe4.html
    Hope to help, please remember to rate helpful posts.
    Regards,
    - Adrian.

• Hardware requirement for running exchange 2010 on vmware workstation

Dear Team,I need to create a exchange 2010 sp2 on a guest os on vmware workstation.kindly help me out with the physical hardware requirements for a home user

Hey Mukund26,
    Before I answer your questions, my suggestion would be for you to figure out exactly what you want to get out of running that Exchange lab.  Are you trying to learn Exchange features like DAGs?  Are you trying to learn about virtualizing Exchange?  When you figure that out you'll be better able to answer question 1 since you may not need all of those virtual machines.
    Here are my thoughts on your questions.
    1) It is probably technically possible to run 10 virtual machines on the configuration you have but you're going to have pretty bad performance. I would try to trim that down to only the virutal machines that you really need in order to use the lab how you want to use it.  Here are some questions that may help you figure out what you need:
    Why do you need two domain controllers?  I don't think you need to worry as much about redundancy in your lab. 
    Why do you need 2 ESXi hosts and a vCenter?  What purpose do they serve in this configuration?  Are you trying to run the Exchange VMs nested under the ESXi VMs?  If so, why?
    Is there a reason why you want to separate out HTS/CAS from MBX in your lab?   Combining all roles together can reduce the number of VMs you need.  If you separate out the roles you'll need to allocate a lot of RAM to support all of those Exchange VMs.
    2)  Running a lot of virtual machines on a single 1TB SATA disk, especially a 5400 RPM disk, is going to be slow.  It'll be especially painful when the VMs are booting up, rebooting, shutting down, etc..  Try to stagger the power on operations so they don't all boot at once.  For example, first boot your DCs, then boot your HTS/CAS, then your MBX, etc.   There is no doubt that configuration will be slow, so if you can get your hands on an solid state drive with enough space you'll have significantly better performance.  For the purposes of a lab, though, it is probably ok if you can be patient.
    3) I think the i5 processor will be just fine for this lab.  Usually in a lab setting CPU performance isn't the most important thing so similar to above as long as you can be a little patient I think that CPU will suit you just fine.
    As I said figure out what you want to get out of the lab and then you can determine how many VMs you need and whether or not you want to upgrade hardware.  If you're looking to learn about Exchange 2010 in general I would suggest using multirole servers, getting rid of one of the DCs, and not worrying about virtualizing ESX/vCenter so that you can learn.  If you're looking to learn about virtualizing Exchange 2010 on vSphere then let's figure out exactly what you want to get out of it and figure out what you can learn using VMware Workstation and what you really need vSphere for.
    Best of luck!
    Matt
    http://www.thelowercasew.com

• Hardware requirement for Oracle Universal Content Management

Hi Experts,
    What are the Hardware requirements for Oracle Universal Content Management ?
    Regards
    Nasir

does this help?
    Oracle WebLogic Server 11g (10.3.3) System Requirements
    Oracle WebLogic Server supports a number of platforms including:
    – Linux
    – Sun Solaris
    – HP-UX
    – Windows 2000, 2003 Server, XP
    • Processor:
    – At least one 1 GHz CPU is recommended.
    – Intel and UNIX processors are supported.
    • Hard disk drive:
    – A full installation requires approximately 2 GB of disk space.
    – The Linux value for file descriptors must be 4096 or greater.
    – Samples are optional (download from OTN).
    • Memory:
    – A minimum of 2 GB RAM is recommended for WebLogic
    Server.
    – Consider the number of simultaneous users and sessions.
    – Consider in-memory programs, such as Coherence.
    System Requirements
    The following are some of the basic system requirements for Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.3:
    • The Oracle WebLogic Server installer requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run.
    Oracle WebLogic Server is certified with JDK6.0. As part of the installation, it gives the option
    to install the JRockit JDK 6.0 version. As part of postinstallation, prefix the bin directory of
    the JDK to the PATH environment variable.
    • The Oracle WebLogic Server installer requires a temporary location in which to unpack the
    files. Typically, the installer requires approximately 2.5 times the amount of temporary space
    that is required by the installed files.
    Note: In this release of WebLogic Server, users can choose which components of WebLogic Server
    they use. Specifically, this release allows users to choose whether the Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB),
    Java Message Service (JMS), and J2CA services are started when WebLogic Server is started. The
    benefit of excluding some services is reduced memory footprint and reduced startup time.

• Hardware requirement for R12 up-grade

Dear All,
    We are going to upgrade from EBS 11.5.9 to R12 on Linux environment. Currently we are working on hardware requirement for R12.
    1-How can we calculate sizing requirement in context of R12.
    2-CPU capacity including RAM required
    Or any other best procedure, we can follow to recommend new hardware.
    Best regards,
    Kashif

And do a thourogh testing including istore and other self service web applications before going for production. May be think of renting out of hardware or hosting option. This will give you complete idea regarding performance of R12
    regards
    Pravin

• Hardware requirement for install PI 7.3

Hi, Expert,
    Does anyone can tell me what is the hardware requirement for install PI 7.3 ( full version)? Disc space and RAM, etc. Does installation also need Oracle database to be installed as well? If not, where does PI store payload data?
    Thanks,
    Charles

Hello
    The installation/planning/size guides etc are available from:
    http://service.sap.com/instguides
    -> SAP NetWeaver
    -> SAP NetWeaver 7.3
    Further information on 7.3: SAP NetWeaver 7.3
    Regards
    Mark

• Hardware requirement for CE7.1 for the development purpose

Experts,
    How to calculate the hardware requirement for using CE7.1 for the development purpose? Do you have some parameters or guidelines for it?
    We will be using CE7.1 for the development of EP contents,  Web dynpro, Web services and Guided procedures.
    We need to calculate minimum hardware requirement for this purpose, but could not find the authorised document from SAP.
    I searched in the SDN. It is available for NetWeaver 7.0 but not for CE7.1.
    Any hints will be highly appreciated.
    Regards,
    sudeep

Hi Sudeep,
    On the following links you will find the Composition Environment Product Availability Matrix and the installation guide of Composition Environment 7.1 Developer Edition.
    SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0e9cc7b-0469-2a10-d3a8-f4f04b30fb0b
    For accessing the Product Availability Matrix document the service marketplace access is required.
    Best regards,
    Yasar

• Hardware requirements for SAP ERP 2005 using ECC 6.0

Hello everyone,
    i am already new and need information about the min. hardware requirements for a SAP ERP 2k5 System using ECC 6.0 with IDES 7.10.
    I read the Master Guides about ERP, but i am not even more clever than before.
    The OS is MS Windows 2k3 Server EE.
    The last information i had from another one to this configuration is:
    1 dual-core cpu (? Ghz)
    4-6 GB RAM
    300 GB HDD
    Does it fit? Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks in advance.
    Message was edited by:
            Marcel Jahn
    Message was edited by:
            Marcel Jahn

Hi,
    IDES 7.10?!?
    If it's an IDES system you want to set up, HDD space may be the bottleneck. It's sufficient for installation, but you may run out of disk space since note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1013391">1013391</a> states
    Hardware Requirement
                     MS-SQL  ORACLE   MaxDB   DB2 Win/Unix  AS/400
    DB size (GB):    160     220      220          160       280
    Since IDES is for education and training purposes only the rest should be sufficient.
    I'm running an ERP 6.0 IDES system (32 bit) on a single core, 3.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB System and 500 GB SAP/DB HDD with pretty good response time.
    Peter
    Points always appreciated

• Minimum Hardware Requirements for MDM 5.5 SP2

What is the minimum hardware requirements for MDM 5.5 SP2?  For what I am doing, I expect to have 25-50K records stored in it.

The question is clear but answers may vary from one repository to another. How many fields your main record will  have, how big lookup tables will be, how complex your taxonomy with attributes will be, and so on. But! The good news is you may try it even on your laptop. I got an impression it's for your own playing and experiments but not production yet. If you computer allows to run MSSQL and it has other I'd say 50-100Mb of memory free it may be enough. But again, it really varies.
    For production-oriented precise estimations you can read an official sizing doc at SMP - quick link /instguidesnw04
    The rule of thumb - the faster/bigger computer the better:-)

• Hardware Requirements for a SCCM 2012 CAS with SQL Server Remote

The hardware requirements for a CAS server with SQL Server Enterprise locally installed are:
    16 cores (Intel Xeon L5520 or comparable CPU)
    64 GB of RAM
    1.5 TB of disk space for the operating system, Configuration Manager, SQL Server, and all database files.
    Does anyone know what the hardware requirements are if SQL Server Enterprise is remote from the CAS server?  It's not listed.  -Shane

Even though I am going to be strung up for even saying this, I do agree there is a use for a CAS outside of 100,000 users.  If you do indeed have distinct admins managing their own images and apps in remote
    locations then I see the benefit of a CAS.  A remote ConfigMgr console connecting to a primary site would perform poorly.  Admin A at the primary site would not experience any issues but Admin B would be in for a lot of work and waiting.  Any
    time Admin B needed to add an app or image it would have to be copied up to the remote primary site and then distributed back down.  This is not the best scenario.
    There are scenarios in company merger situations (and others I am sure) where the management of both locations has not been consolidated down to one location yet and is not going to be done as part of the deployment or upgrade.  If you had a 2007 environment
    it is going to be very hard to convince the admin at the remote location that this upgrade is going to be a good thing for him/her.  There is an option for the remote admin to RDP into a server in the primary site but the image and apps still need
    to be distributed down to the remote location.  During testing this can be very time consuming. 
    I do agree that adding a CAS adds additional complexity but in some cases such as the one I described it is the right decision. 
    Thank you for the reply. And i totally agree that in some cases a design like that is a necessary evil (but not by our personal wants). 
    We had that design with 2007 (implemented before my time), and as you predicted EU admins complained about difficulty using the console RDP-ed into a box close to the primary site. The bandwidth to and from different regions is out of scope for me so I do what
    I can with what I have. We too will be moving forward with a CAS hierarchy. 
    Administratively the other IT depts in other regions operate on their own. I dont handle any of the EU computers on a day to day basis whatsoever, etc. We're not merging but our IT shops operate with near independence. 

• Hardware Requirements for OC4J and Oracle DB

Hi,
    I'm looking for some information about hardware requirements for a server that will run a Oracle DB and OC4J. It will be used for training purpose (about 10 people) and for running small apps using ADF.
    Does anybody knows how much hardware I need?
    Is there any documents from Oracle for hardware requirements?
    Any help appreciated. Thanks

Greetings,
    We routinely develop and test on a Dell Vostro laptop with OS Windows XP and 4GB RAM. The key is to either run the Oracle db in a VM (10.2.0.1) with at least 0.5 GB RAM for the VM or use the XE db. I personally prefer the XE db as it is lightweight and easily configured or uninstalled. As far as oc4j is concerned, a lot can be done to improve the efficiency by modifying the oc4j.cmd file in driveletter:/oc4j/bin:
    set JVMARGS=-Xmx512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -server -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dclass.load.trace=class-not-found -Dclass.load.log.level=finestThe JVM args settings are fully explained at:
    http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/vmoptions.jsp-Michael
    Edited by: Michael F. Hardy on Jan 28, 2009 7:20 AM

• Hardware requirements for JDeveloper 3.0

What are the minimum and recommended hardware requirements for
    JDeveloper 3.0?
    null

Jasmin,
    JDeveloper 3.0 REQUIRES:
    NT 4.0
    Pentium 200Mhz processor
    96M of RAM
    225 MB (360 MB when using WebHelp) for a typical install
    130 MB (265 MB when using WebHelp) for a minimal install
    and RECOMMENDS:
    NT 4.0
    Pentium 266Mhz processor or higher
    128M of RAM
    225 MB (360 MB when using WebHelp) for a typical install
    130 MB (265 MB when using WebHelp) for a minimal install
    JDeveloper 3.0 is compatible with 8.0.5, 7.3.x and 8.1.5 versions
    of the database.
    Laura
    Jasmin (guest) wrote:
    : hi,
    : can anyone let me know:
    : 1. what are the hardware requirements for installing
    jdeveloper
    : suite 3.0
    : 2. whether jdeveloper3.0 is compatible ot oracle 8.0.5 on NT or
    : not?
    : i would appreciate any reply from u guys...
    : Thanks
    : Jasmin
    null

• Hardware requirements for OA 11.5.9 ....

I'm looking for hardware requirements for OA 11.5.9 on .... i want to install it on AMD Barton XP 3000MZ, 512M memory and 120GB hard disk on XP operating system ... please help me
    I wait to receive yor opinion ...... please

Thank you for those who replied me ..... I think I must give you more details ... This EBS instalation is for a small group of developers who wants to study this ERP for implementetion at clients site .... So, performance isn't so important ... all that I need is "to work"
    I found out that I need more software - is this software for linking executables of products that I install?
    I make download for resource kit which tell me -when I want to install it- that he needs by MKS Toolkit ... I must to wait to cantact me someone for this toolkit?
    I read a very good documentation -short but comprehensive- from Liam Cooper
    -http://mce.org.uk/liam/orahelp.tif-
    Do you think that 512M ram and 120G on disk is enough? You think that for what I need is enough memory? I must remaind you performance doesn't matter ....
    About diskspace ... how diskspace is needed for database -in the initial stage of usig this product- , how for middle tier - forms,reports and self-services applications?
    I heard that EBS is on many CDs ... version 11.5.9 on how many CDs is relying?
    Best regards

• Hardware requirements for movie rentals?

Hi,
    finally iTunes rentals and movies have made it to the german store as well. I rented a movie yesterday and had to realize that my iBook G4-800 is not able to play the movie without stuttering and hanging all the time.
    I know that this is old hardware, but as far as the resolution of the movie is concerned, it should still play fine, at least in the Quicktime player. When trying to open it from the Finder directly in quicktime player, all I get is a message that this movie can only be played via iTunes. What a bummer, because playing anything that even looks like a movie in iTunes needs about twice as much resources compared to playing it in the quicktime player. At least on that machine. I have never understood why it is like that, because iTunes is certainly also using the quicktime framework, isn't it?
    Now, are there minimum hardware requirements for renting a movie? I couldn't find any. I read that you can download the movie in differnet resolutions, I did not get any window with choices for resolution when I rented the thing?
    Any clues would be appreciated. I already filed a report via my iTunes account about that, but it might take ages to get a response.
    Thanx and cheers
    Peter

Looks like your processor is too slow. From this page: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
    Playing videos purchased on the iTunes Store requires a Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or *1.0GHz PowerPC G4 or faster processor*
    Playing HD-quality videos purchased on the iTunes Store requires a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor
    512MB of RAM; 1GB is required to play HD-quality videos
    Playing videos also requires at least 16MB of video RAM

• Hardware requirements for Oracle APPS

I remember that I’ve seen an excel worksheet (guess it was produced by Oracle) where we could input the expected number of users and a lot of other variables and obtain the desired hardware requirements for a specific installation of Oracle Applications.
    Does anyone know of the existence of such thing?
    Many thanks in advance
    Octavio Teixeira

romit,
    Unfortunately it is not yet available for public access.
    The following is from "Steven Chan" blog:
    "Release 12 data has been added to our standard internal benchmarks, but it is not yet visible. The only externally-accessible site on Applications benchmarks is here:"
    http://www.oracle.com/apps_benchmark/index.html
    http://blogs.oracle.com/schan/discuss/msgReader$1637

Maybe you are looking for

• Error: var g_objCurrentFormData_Error : There has been an error while processing the form

Hi,. I have a InfoPath 2010 form which was published to SharePoint 2010.  I migrated the content db to SQL Server 2012 and I have converted the Sharepoint 2010 (windows based) to the SharePoint 2013 claims based site. I have not fully upgraded the si

• More questions on exporting to excel

Zahid gave me the below code that worked beautifully, the only problem now is that one of the fields in my table have something like ' house, white, ' in other words there is a comma sometimes 2 or 3 commas in one column so that in the output file cr

• ITunes saying iPod is using more GB than it is when syncing.

i'm using a 30GB iPod video, the latest version of iTunes, and windows XP. i have reset and restored my ipod, reinstalled iTunes, restarted my computer, and even changed the USB port of the cable. When i attempt to sync my now empty iPod, it tells me

• How to Check LT check box in IA02 - for Long text for Equipment Task list operations

Hi Experts, I am trying to upload text for Equipment task list,i am able to upload texts at header,but not for operations. At operations level - we have a check box LT which is grayed out - when am manually making an entry ( LT Check box -  is gettin

• Update Photoshop CS6 standalone to ACR8.1

I have Photoshop CS6 installed on both my laptop and my desktop computers.  Last night my laptop computer automatically updated my Photoshop CS6 and included ACR8.1.  My desktop installation is not doing that.  It is showing that my software is up to