Read from Table T001

Hi Folks,
I have a requirement to create a pull down of all "plants" (locations) from T001. Is there a way to read that information "on the fly" or at least update it on a scheduled basis?
Thanks,
Matt

Ooookay.
Well, to get the start for the pass, that reads the content from the ABAP table, you can create a job with the wizard and there choose "Jobs > SAP NetWeaver > ABAP Read Help Values" with the repository you want the data to be read from.
It will create a job with some passes that use the "fromSAP" pass type to read tables (e.g. "Address Salutation ReadTable: TSAD3"). Just take one of those passes and change it up to fit the T001 table and in the destination tab change to a appropriate table name of your choosing to save the data.
And then use this temp table for a second pass, a "to ID store" this time and fill whatever attribute you created to hold the data with it. 
Since it's a job you can just schedule it to refresh the temp table whenever you want or need it to.
Regards,
Steffi.

Similar Messages

• Difference between read from table or load into table in Mappings

Hi everybody.
    i wanted to deploy a mapping. Following error was shown:
    ora-04021 timeout occurred while waiting to lock object Mapp_xyz
    I tried to deploy another Mapping which was successfull. I found out that a specific table was locked and both mappings this table is used. In the Mapping which was deployed successfully i load into this table. In the other Mapping i read from this table. So my question is, is there any difference between reading from a table in a mapping and loading into a table?
    Because after the Lock was broken up the mapping was deployed successfull.
    Any Information would be appreciated.
    Greetings

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. A Processflow was aborted while he was executing the mapping. So on our DB we had a active session which was causing the lock.
    Thanks.
    Greetings

• Dynamic read from table  with DBMS_SQL Block

Hi,
    In the orcale8 Application developer's Guide is this example:
    -- To select everything from this table and move it into four PL/SQL tables, you could use the following simple program:
    c number;
    d number;
    n_tab dbms_sql.Number_Table;
    d_tab1 dbms_sql.Date_Table;
    v_tab dbms_sql.Varchar2_Table;
    d_tab2 dbms_sql.Date_Table;
    indx number := 10;
    begin
    c := dbms_sql.open_cursor;
    dbms_sql.parse(c, 'select * from multi_tab order by 1', EXEC_sql.V7);
    dbms_sql.define_array(c, 1, n_tab, 5, indx);
    dbms_sql.define_array(c, 2, d_tab1, 5, indx);
    dbms_sql.define_array(c, 3, v_tab, 5, indx);
    dbms_sql.define_array(c, 4, d_tab2, 5, indx);
    d := dbms_sql.execute(c);
    loop
    d := dbms_sql.fetch_rows(c);
    dbms_sql.column_value(c, 1, n_tab);
    dbms_sql.column_value(c, 2, d_tab1);
    dbms_sql.column_value(c, 3, v_tab);
    dbms_sql.column_value(c, 4, d_tab2);
    exit when d != 5;
    end loop;
    dbms_sql.close_cursor(c);
    Here the four tables can be used for anything at all. One usage might be to use BIND_ARRAY to move the rows to another table by using a query such as 'INSERT into SOME_T values(:a, :b, :c, :d);
    exception when others then
    if dbms_sql.is_open(c) then
    dbms_sql.close_cursor(c);
    end if;
    raise;
    at the second 'dbms_sql.define_array' comes an ORA-0600 error.
    What's wrong ?

Some solutions posted here : {message:id=9689485}

• Inserting in the UUT_Results table a value that we read from our data base from a local variable

We would like to include in the UUT_Results table a value that we read from our data base into a local variable during the execution of our sequence file. We found that by modifying the configure database options we were able to add a column for this variable, but the local variable was not available to be placed into an expression for that column from the local variables or parameters. Is it possible to do this, and if so, how? Station Globals were available to be included in the expression, however the sequence file may be executed on more than one system which makes the Global unavailable on systems other than the one where the sequence file originated.

You can use the TestStand API to programmatically create global variables at runtime, thus ensuring their existence. For example, you could call Engine.Globals.SetValString("GlobalStringVariableName", PropOption_InsertIfMissing, "variable value")
    Of course, if you need to test multiple UUTs in parallel, a single global is not sufficient. In that case you might consider adding the field you need to the UUT datatype in the process model. You could then access the field in your sequence via RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.YourNewField = YourNewValue.
    If you also want your sequence to run without using a process model, you must check for the existence of the UUT before accessing it. You could use the expression function: PropertyExists("RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.YourNewFi
    eld")

• Need to Add and Remove Columns of ADF Read Only table from Backing bean

I have a scenario where I am trying to Populate TransientVO which is shown has a ADF Read Only Table in page.
    I have couple of Check Boxes Based on their selection I am trying to render and hide certain Columns.
    But the Issue which I am facing is only the Column Header seems to change where as the Rows and Values doesnt..
    even If I apply the expression language rendering condition on the outputText inside those columns.. ..
    So I am thinking to add and remove VO Attribute columns to the table from backing bean.
    Need some sample code snippet or a better design to achieve this. Its kind of urgent too...having an aggressive deadline :(
    Please chip in People..
    Thanks in Advance .
    TK

Table Code..
    <af:table value="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.collectionModel}"
                                    var="row"
                                    rows="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.rangeSize}"
                                    emptyText="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.viewable ? 'No data to display.' : 'Access Denied.'}"
                                    fetchSize="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.rangeSize}"
                                    rowBandingInterval="0" id="t4"
                                    partialTriggers="::sbcSales ::sbcUsage ::cb1">
                            <af:column sortProperty="Period" sortable="false"
                                       headerText="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.hints.Period.label}"
                                       id="c38">
                              <af:outputText value="#{row.Period}" id="ot33"/>
                            </af:column>
                            <af:column sortProperty="Past12SalesCount"
                                       sortable="false"
                                       headerText="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.hints.Past12SalesCount.label}"
                                       id="c29"
                                       rendered="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage != true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales == true}">
                              <af:outputText value="#{row.Past12SalesCount}"
                                             id="ot40"
                                             rendered="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage != true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales == true}"
                                             visible="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage != true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales == true}">
                                <af:convertNumber groupingUsed="false"
                                                  pattern="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.hints.Past12SalesCount.format}"/>
                              </af:outputText>
                            <af:column sortProperty="Past12UsageCount"
                                       sortable="false"
                                       headerText="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.hints.Past12UsageCount.label}"
                                       id="c40"
                                       rendered="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage == true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales != true}"
                                       visible="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage == true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales != true}">
                              <af:outputText value="#{row.Past12UsageCount}"
                                             id="ot47"
                                             rendered="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage == true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales != true}"
                                             visible="#{backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onUsage == true and backingBeanScope.IndexPageBackingBean.onSales != true}">
                                <af:convertNumber groupingUsed="false"
                                                  pattern="#{bindings.InventoryGridTrans.hints.Past12UsageCount.format}"/>
                              </af:outputText>
                    </af:table>

• Dynamic reading from database table

Hi Experts,
    While reading from a database table the below statement for deletion works:
    DELETE (p_table) FROM <fs_wadbtab>.
    p_table: name of database table which is entered as a selection screen parameter
    <fs_wadbtab> : workarea of line type P_table
    However, the below statement does not work:
    READ (p_table) FROM <fs_wadbtab>.
    My requirement is to read a record from p_table with contents in a dynamic structure.
    Kindly suggest.
    Thanks.

Just misunderstood you.
    Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Jun 23, 2010 10:00 AM

• Read from cluster table ZL-PCL2

Hi all,
    I need to read cluster table ZL that stores wage type for pernr. Now previously i was suggested
    FM 'CU_READ_RGDIR'
    FM 'CD_RED_LAST'.
    FM 'PYXX_READ_PAYROLL_RESULT'. But i want to use the statement
    Import from database.
    i have included the file RPC2ZL00.
    then the statement
    Import ZL to ZZL from database PCL2(ZL) ID ZL-KEY.
    Now does anyone have idea abt ZL-KEY??
    means what value i need to feed in ZL-KEy and how do i feed it??
    thanks in advance for all those who help me..
    Reena

Hi Reena,
    Key is the combination of Pernr & sequence no., which u see it from report display payroll result(HINCLSTR) or RGDIR table.
    Instead of Import statement You can also use macro as below .
      CALL FUNCTION 'CU_READ_RGDIR'
           EXPORTING
                PERSNR          = PERNR-PERNR
           TABLES
                IN_RGDIR        = RGDIR
           EXCEPTIONS
                NO_RECORD_FOUND = 1
                OTHERS          = 2.
      CHECK SY-SUBRC = 0.
      PAY_BEGDA = SEL-BEGDA.
      LOOP AT RGDIR WHERE SRTZA = 'A'  AND VOID = SPACE
                      AND  ( PAYDT >= SEL-BEGDA AND PAYDT <= SEL-ENDDA ).
        IF RGDIR-RUNDT >= PAY_RUNDT.
          MOVE RGDIR-RUNDT TO PAY_RUNDT.
          PAY_BEGDA = RGDIR-FPBEG.
          SEQNR = RGDIR-SEQNR.
        ENDIF.
      ENDLOOP.
      RX-KEY-PERNR = PERNR-PERNR.
      UNPACK SEQNR TO RX-KEY-SEQNO.
      <b>RP-IMP-C2-RU.</b> 
      CHECK RP-IMP-RU-SUBRC = 0.
    Read the cluster table
      LOOP AT CRT.
      ENDLOOP.
      Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Sarika.

• Select count(*) from table in oracle 11g with direct path read takes time

select count(*) from table takes long time, even more than couple of hours..
    direct path read is the wait event which is almost is at 99%..
    can u someone provide some info on this.. on solution.. thankx

knowledgespring wrote:
    table has millions of records... 130 millions..
    select count(*) from BIG_SIZE_TABLE; --- executed in sql plus command prompt.
    Rows     Execution Plan
    0  SELECT STATEMENT   MODE: ALL_ROWS
    0   SORT (AGGREGATE)
    0    TABLE ACCESS   MODE: ANALYZED (FULL) OF 'BIG_SIZE_TABLE' (TABLE)
    Elapsed times include waiting on following events:
    Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total Waited
    ----------------------------------------   Waited  ----------  ------------
    SQL*Net message to client                       1        0.00          0.00
    enq: KO - fast object checkpoint                1        0.01          0.01
    Disk file operations I/O                       18        0.00          0.00
    direct path read                            58921        0.34        418.54direct path read time waited is : 58921 total time waited: 418.54
    That 418 seconds - not the hours you reported earlier. Is it possible that your connection to the database broke ?
    On a typical system, by the way, you can usually turn one direct read for tablescan into 1MB, so your scan seems to have covered about 59 GB, which seems to be in the right sort of ballpark for 130M rows.
    we have another query and when we test the query execution using v$sql, is_bind_sensitive =N, how to make is_bind_sensitive=Y all the time.. There is a hint /*+ bind_aware */ - I'd have to check whether or not it's documented at present. It might help.
    I would be interested in hearing why you think the hint should be bind sensitive when the optimizer doesn't.
    Regards
    Jonathan Lewis

• Read from 2 tables, write only to one. Simple, but impossible??

I've been messing about with various annotations for quite a while now, and I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this seemingly simple task. I'm hoping somebody could explain to me the probably very obvious and simple mistake that I am making.
    I realize that question would otherwise point to problems in my database design and persistence strategy, but I can't seem to read from 2 tables, and write to only one. I have an entity bean that refers mainly to one table, but needs just one column of information from another table. It should not attempt to alter the secondary table, just join on it to get the one field it needs. So far, I've got the following:
    @Entity
    @Table(name = "ventureprofile")
    @SecondaryTable(name = "venture",
                    pkJoinColumns = @PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="ventureid"))
    @NamedQueries( {
            @NamedQuery(name = "Ventureprofile.findByVentureprofileid", query = "SELECT v FROM Ventureprofile v WHERE v.ventureprofileid = :ventureprofileid"),
            @NamedQuery(name = "Ventureprofile.findByVentureid", query = "SELECT v FROM Ventureprofile v WHERE v.ventureid = :ventureid"),
            @NamedQuery(name = "Ventureprofile.findByVenturesummary", query = "SELECT v FROM Ventureprofile v WHERE v.venturesummary = :venturesummary"),
            @NamedQuery(name = "Ventureprofile.findByLogoimagelocation", query = "SELECT v FROM Ventureprofile v WHERE v.logoimagelocation = :logoimagelocation"),
            @NamedQuery(name = "Ventureprofile.findByVisible", query = "SELECT v FROM Ventureprofile v WHERE v.visible = :visible ORDER BY v.venturename")
    public class Ventureprofile implements Serializable {
        @Id
        @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.AUTO, generator="Ventureprofile.ventureprofileid.seq")
        @SequenceGenerator(name="Ventureprofile.ventureprofileid.seq", sequenceName="ventureprofile_ventureprofileid_seq", allocationSize=1) 
        @Column(name = "ventureprofileid", nullable = false)
        private BigInteger ventureprofileid;      
        @Column(name = "ventureid", table="ventureprofile", nullable = false)
        private Long ventureid;
        @Column(name = "venturesummary")
        private String venturesummary;
        @Column(name = "logoimagelocation")
        private String logoimagelocation;
        @Column(name = "visible", nullable = false)
        private boolean visible;  
        @Column(table = "venture", name = "venturename", nullable=false, insertable=false, updatable=false)
        private String venturename;
    //... The extra column of data is "venturename", the tables are related by the column "ventureid". I contest, that since I have specified for read/write access no fields mapped to the 'venture' table (I specified with 'table=' any ambiguous columns), and described the table relationship via my @PrimaryKeyJoinColumn annotation, that toplink should not try to persist anything to the 'venture' table. However, I am getting the following exception:
    Exception [TOPLINK-4002] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build b58g-fcs (09/07/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException
    Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: null value in column "venturename" violates not-null constraint
    Error Code: 0
    Call: INSERT INTO venture (ventureid) VALUES (?)
            bind => [220]
    Query: InsertObjectQuery(VCMarkWeb.db.entity.Ventureprofile[ventureprofileid=220])
            at oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:311)
    ...It seems pretty clear that toplink is trying to insert an empty row into the secondary table, and barfing since it is inserting no values, including those constrained to be nonnull. Anyway...I hope it's clear what's going on here, and perhaps somebody knows the right way to do this. Thanks fot your help!

Tom and Cornelius,
    Thank you both for your ideas. This what I think I will do:
    1) Drive up to OWC (fortunately they are only about 15 miles away from where I live) and get a bigger HD and some more RAM.
    2) Copy the OS9 applications on the existing HD to a thumb drive.
    3) Install the new hard drive and memory
    4) Install OSX TIger and 9.2.2
    5) Maybe do the 4.1.8 firmware update also, maybe.
    6) Look around for a Superdrive and if I can get one for a good price, I'll do it otherwise I'll just use USB thumb drives if I need to copy something off the PB.
    One thing that I was fighting with the other day was that when I had the yoyo power supply plugged in and attached when the PB was in the kitchen, the batteries would not charge although the yoyo was outputting +24 VDC.
    I move everything to the garage, where I originally fixed the yoyo power supply, plug it in out there and the batteries started charging!!! Scratching my head...then I check the voltage between the metal barrel (with the Vsensing resistor attached between the metal shell and the ground wire) of power supply plug and the +24 VDC wire and there is 22 to 23 VDC with the batteries being charged. In the kitchen when they were not being charged, it was about 1.0 VDC. So I rotate the plug a little bit and the batteries start charging. Rotate it more and the batteries don't charge. Something else to do when I have spare time.
    Anyway, thanks for the help and suggestions.
    John

• How to read from an internal table with multiple key fields.

Hi All!!
    I want to read from an internal table having keys as k1,k2,k3.
    How can I use read statement to read an entry having this as the key fields.
    Thanks in adavance..
    Prabhas Jha

hi there
    use:
    sort itab by K1 K2 K3.
    read table itab into wa with key K1 = value 1
                                                  K2 = value2
                                                  K3 = value 3
                                                   BINARY SEARCH.
    where:
    itab is ur internal table
    wa is the work area with the same line type as the itab
    cheers
    shivika

• How do I read from one table and write to another identical table?

I am very new to Oracle. I am trying to do something that should be very simple.
    I am trying to read from one table in SQL and then write to another
    Identically formatted table. I keep getting various errors. Could someone please
    post some vey simple code that will work so that I can play around with it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ron

Thanks, but I must be missing something.
    I have two tables, SONGLIST and SETLIST.
    The second line by itself works just fine on either table.
    Here is the code I used following your seggestion, along with it's error message.
    Hope you can help. Thanks again...
    INSERT INTO SETLIST
    SELECT TITLE FROM SONGLIST WHERE ROTATION <> 'X'
    ORA-00947: not enough values

• Need to read all entris  for field prtxt from table /sapsll/prt

hi
    i need to read all entries from table /sapsll/prt field prtxt but only one is coming
    pls see below seelct statement
    if not gt_sagmeld[] is initial.
                SELECT /sapsll/cuit~guid_cuit         " PK
                       /sapsll/cuit~QUANT_FLT         " to be displayed
                       /sapsll/cuit~QUAUM             " to be displayed
                       /sapsll/cuit~RPTDT             " to be displayed
                       /sapsll/cuit~guid_cuhd
                       /sapsll/cuit~guid_pr           " needed for gt_prt inttab
                      /sapsll/corref~refno
                       /sapsll/corref~guid_pobj
                INTO corresponding fields of table gt_sapsllcuit
                FROM ( ( /sapsll/cuit
                inner join /sapsll/cuhd on /sapsll/cuit~guid_cuhd = /sapsll/cuhd~guid_cuhd )
                inner join /sapsll/corref on /sapsll/corref~guid_pobj = /sapsll/cuhd~guid_cuhd )
                FOR all entries in gt_sagmeld
                WHERE /sapsll/cuit~guid_cuit = gt_sagmeld-guid_pobj.
             endif.
            if not gt_sapsllcuit[] is initial.
             select /sapsll/prt~prtxt
                    /sapsll/prt~guid_pr       
             into corresponding fields of table gt_prt
             from /sapsll/prt
             for all entries in gt_sapsllcuit
             where /sapsll/prt~guid_pr = gt_sapsllcuit-guid_pr.
    loop at gt_sagmeld into wa_sagmeld.
    read table gt_sapsllcuit into wa_sapsllcuit
    with key guid_cuit = wa_sagmeld-guid_pobj
    binary search.
    Read table gt_prcon into wa_prcon with key
    guid_pr = wa_sapsllcuit-guid_pr.
    if sy-subrc = 0.
    *wa_sagmeld_outtab-guid_pr  = wa_prt-guid_pr. 
    here i am facing problem as multiple entries from table  /sapsll/prt is not being displayed only one.....but i have checked in table it is having two enteries
    pls suggest
    reagards
    Nishant

Hi Nishant!
    When you use 'for all entries' SAP (or database?) does a 'delete adjacent duplicates' on the result. This is necessary because of the special selection technique in this case.
    You need to select enough columns from /sapsll/prt, so that your two entries will differ in the result.
    Regards,
    Christian

• How to read a table from a word file, using HWPF

How can I read a table from a Word file using HWPF?
    I looked in API and Table class doesn't seem to have a constructor... very very strange for me. pls help

the constructor is HWPFDocument = new HWPFDocument(/*file*/)
    Here is the API for that
    http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hwpf/HWPFDocument.html
    Also here is another link to something that might help you more with tables
    http://www.aspose.com/Community/forums/thread/79182.aspx

• How to read a table from one host to other host

Hi Everybody,
    How to read a table from one host to other host.
    For Example,
    a/a@abcd - host 1
    b/b@xyz - host 2
    suppose im having a table called emp in a/a@abcd
    i want to read the table emp in b/b@xyz
    how to do this.??
    I know that we have to create a dblink...after that how to proceed.
    Plz help..
    Thanks in Advance,
    Gita

connected as scott/tiger@test
    SQL>
    CREATE DATABASE LINK local
    CONNECT TO admin IDENTIFIED BY pinnet
    USING 'pinnet';
    Database link created.
    sql>
    select count(*) from
    users@local;
    COUNT(*) 
    Message was edited by:
            jeneesh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

• JDBC outbound reading from multiple tables

Hi,
    I have a scenario in which I have to read data from multiple tables.
    The keys of these tables (employee details) are dependent on a employee master table.
    Now there is a 1-N relationship between master and the details table. I have to send the data to an IDOC.
    I am stuck since reading from all the tables at the same time is not possible.
    Please suggest some solution.
    Thanks,
    Vaibhav

Hi Bhavesh,
    Thanks for ur reply. It solved my problem.
    Full points to you...
    Pls help me with one more issue.
    As per the method u told i am reading from multiple tables. Each table has data for multiple employees.
    The response message is of the format
    <STATEMENT_Table1_response>
    <row>
       Data for emp 1
    </row>
    <row>
       Data for emp 1
    </row>
    </STATEMENT_Table1_response>
    <STATEMENT_Table1_response>
    <row>
       Data for emp 2
    </row>
    <row>
       Data for emp 2
    </row>
    </STATEMENT_Table1_response>
    <STATEMENT_Table2_response>
    <row>
       Data for emp 1
    </row>
    <row>
       Data for emp 1
    </row>
    </STATEMENT_Table2_response>
    <STATEMENT_Table2_response>
    <row>
       Data for emp 2
    </row>
    <row>
       Data for emp 2
    </row>
    </STATEMENT_Table2_response>
    I want to collect it to an idoc where i have data of each employee collected together. Like
    <Emp1>
      <Data from Table1>
      <Data from Table2>
    </Emp1>
    <Emp2>
      <Data from Table1>
      <Data from Table2>
    </Emp2>
    I have tried many ways and looks like a custom code in java have to written.
    Is there anything else possible?
    Thanks in Advance,
    Vaibhav

Maybe you are looking for

• Abstract Method Error and XML Parsing

I am using wl6sp1. I am parsing an XML file from within the servlet using jaxp1.1 and crimson. Following is code: 1- SAXParserFactory spf = SAXParserFactory.newInstance(); 2- sp = spf.newSAXParser(); 3- xr = sp.getXMLReader(); 4- xr.setContentHandler

• Pdf files in office mobile

how to view pdf files in office mobile.i tried many times but couldn't succeed.and on syncing which files are shown -c,e or f drive?

• Burning  audio content  cd from a dvd ??

Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to take the audio content from a DVD and burn it as for eg. an MP3 or something that could be listened to on a cd player? I have some presentations that are video recorded and want to copy the audio as such. T

• No capture for DV Cam

Did a rush job on a borrowed Sony HD HVRV1U and used mini-DV tapes which ran 45min each. on DVCAM format. But FCP won't recognize it for capture, checked the manual and I tried various solutions (manual isn't that helpful). Would like to find out wha

• Plse HELP permissions messed up

I did something to my computer and now I have no access to the extra hard drives due to permissions PLEASE help me someone