Why the f can't I screw back in the plastic cover to the right of the fingerprint scanner on T60?

The threads simply won't engage.. I'm practically a master mechanic in my spare time

ghee, well seeing as you have a 'genius IQ' and you still can't get the screw to fit in the hole... i'd say all hope is lost! ;~}
but seriously, even the smartest cookies can (and often do) overlook the simplest things.  maybe take the machine apart (again) and examine it carefully.  from what you're describing, it would seem that the length of the screw that you're attempting to use is not long enough for the depth of the hole (if it's not engaging the threads).  perhaps you mixed-up a couple of screws when reassembling the machine?  as you probably know, there are different screw lengths, depending on the hole.  (pardon me if that sounded rather ummm... well, you know).
i've made that mistake before myself, mixed-up a couple of the screws, but then again... i'm probably not as smart as you.  ;~}

Similar Messages

• My Firefox menu button has disappeared. Why? How can I get it back? Without it I don't know how to get to my FTP.

My Firefox menu button has disappeared. Why? How can I get it back? Without it I don't know how to get to my FTP. I never did anything to make this happen.

Make sure that you do not run Firefox in full screen mode (press F11 or Fn + F11 to toggle; Mac: command+Shift+F).
    Press F10 or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the Menu Bar is hidden.

• If you rub the edge of the fingerprint scanner in a circle, why does the screen drop down?

MY daughter was drawing circles around the metal part of the fingerprint scanner and noticed the screen contents moves to the bottom of the screen instead of the top. Then it goes back to the top when touched again. Why does it do this?

That is a feature of the 6 & 6 plus.  I believe it is called reachability.  It moves the furthest section of the screen down to allow for one handed use.

• Can't Log in to Windows using the fingerprint scanner.

Hi,
         I've had my HP ENVY MJ-j120dx Coe i7 (Windows 8.1 64-bit), product number E8A11UA#ABA for about a year now, and I did a full system wipe using the recovery software that was built in.  Before the wipe the fingerprint scanner worked perfectly, however after the wipe the built-in fingerprint scanner no longer works for me to log-in to windows.  The device is listed in the manager and is functioning fine.  I can use it to scan my fingerprint and register it in the Accounts tab of PC settings.  However it does not work to unlock windows.  I don't have the message about fingerprint sign-in has been disabled or anything.  And I can use it with HP Simple Pass and it works fine, the light to the left of the scanner lights up.  But when I try to sign-in to windows it doesn't light up at all or register that I'm swiping my finger acrossed it.   Any suggestions to a solution?

Load the default settings in the BIOS, shut down the notebook and then restart it and go back into the BIOS to ensure that the Biometric sensor (fingerprint scanner) has been ebabled. 
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• The Fingerprint scanner doesn't work on my HP ProBook 6455b

When I got the laptop, it had Windows 7 on it and the hardware was customized so the laptop has  2.8gHz CPU and modified GPU and that's it. It came with the fingerprint scanner, but never worked and I never tried to set it up. Now, I upgarded to Windows 8, and now 8.1 Preview.
    Operating System
     Windows 8.1 Pro Preview 64-bit
    CPU
     AMD K10 55 °C
     45nm Technology
    RAM
     4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
     Hewlett-Packard 1455 (Unknown)
    Graphics
     Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
     ATI video (HP)
    Hard Drives
     149GB TOSHIBA MK1655GSX (SATA) 36 °C
    Optical Drives
     hp CDDVDW TS-L633R
    Audio
     High Definition Audio Device
    Now, I installed HP Simplepass, but nothing happens and when I attemp to enter my Windows password, it says "invalid". I checke Device Manager and it says under Biometric Scanner, Validity Scanner, and updated it.
    Please help and let me know if you have any suggestions; it would make an even better birthday, especially being 6000miles away from home as a student-ambassador for Germany (Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange)-US State Department/CB
    Kind Regards,
    cessnapilot36

Hi,
    See if you can access the notebook in Safe Mode as follows.
    Shut down the notebook. Tap away at f8 as you start the notebook to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit enter. 
    If you can access your Admin account in this mode, click the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and launch System Restore.  Pick a restore point before the SimplePass update and then proceed with the restore process.  When complete, Windows will reboot as normal.  See if your original password/finger scan now works.
    Hope it works..
    **Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
    **Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**

• HP ENVY 17 G0U21AV - Is there a way to disable the Fingerprint Scanner?

I am using an HP ENVY 17 G0U21AV Windows 8.1.
    This model came with a fingerprint scanner in the lower left of the computer. While this seems like a nice feature, it's not one that I am planning on using (I use LastPass for my passwords). I keep accidentally running part of my palm over the scanner which will bring up the screen for HP SimplePass. This can come up at the most inopportune moments, and it can get quite annoying trying to always conciously avoid the fingerprint scanner.
    Is there any way to disable the fingerprint scanner?
    Thanks.
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

@DSWJoshua,
    Thanks for posting. You can disable the fingerprint reader. To be thorough, I will provide steps to disable the driver itself, and Biometric support, so you don't have to worry about it later.
    To disable the Driver, go to Control Panel, then Device Manager. Expand Biometric devices. Right-click on the Validity sensor and Uninstall.
    To turn off biometric support, go to Control Panel, then Biometric devices. Uncheck Allow users to log on to Windows using their fingerprints and then save it.
    **TechWars**
    Please click the "Thumbs-Up" on the left to show appreciation. Please click "Accept as Solution" if I helped you out.
    **TechWars** does not work for HP

• Does any body know how to connect the fingerprint scanner using jmf is it p

Hai,
    I am not getting how to connect the fingerprint scanner how we can do it is it possible for device independent application
    If any body knows anything about this please mail me its very urgent for me
    hope u will be able to tell me something about this .
    Regards
    K Naveen Kumar

Hi,
    Fingerprint scanners are not popular enough devices to be supported by Java yet. There's no general API or Java interface for it.
    Each manufacturer of a fingerprint device will probably just ship their own drivers or SDKs. More than likely DLL's, so you'd need to write some JNI to call them.
    If you want to allow your application to work with multiple devices, you will have to design it to do that. Ie. write a general "Fingerprint" interface, and write a class which implements that interface for each device you want to support.
    Eg.
    public interface FingerPrintAPI
         public void initialiseScanner ( )
                throws MyScannerException;
         public byte[] getFingerPrint ( )
         public double getMatchProbability ( byte[] fingerprint1, byte[] fingerprint2 )
         public void closeScanner ( )
    }I haven't used a fingerprint device at all, but that's how I would approach it.
    regards,
    Owen

• Sometimes when I unlock my 5s using the fingerprint scanner it takes a blank picture!

I'm a bit puzzled by this one, but one occassioin when I'm using the fingerprint scanner to perform an unlock from the phone being asleep, it will snap a picture of the black screen and save it in the photos.  I hear the shutter sound and that's how I know it has occured.  Very randomly, but I do notice that when it does happen, it seems like it's when I hold the button down (as if I was going to call up Siri) a bit longer, but not long enough to bring Siri to my attention.  It's hard to reproduce the problem on command, but it's something that will happen at least once a day. 
    Anyone else have this happen? 

Seriously?!! Nobody elese is having this problem?!! I must have a defective phone!  It does this about half the time I use the fingerprint scanner to perform a wake from sleep/unlock!

• How do i re enable the fingerprint scanner?

I clicked the disable the fingerprint scanner, and now i want it re enabled. How do i do this?

What Os do you have?
    And are you using Digital persona or Simple pass?
    Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
    ...Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question...

• All my windows live messenger contact have disappeared of windows messenger and appeared in my phone contact list on my curve 9360, Why, and how can I get them back where they should be?

I went onto windows live messenger today and all my contacts have disappeared from it, but I also noticed that they had somehow now appeared in my curve 9360 phone contacts. How did this happen, and how can I get them back into windows live messenger and out of my phone contacts on my phone? This is driving me crazy, can anybody help please?
    My phone is the curve 9360, OS is 7.0.0 bundle 2259 And it was purchased Easter Monday
    Thanks.

Thanks, but I checked iCloud and it has none of them.
    If it backed up to my laptop, that died and I just got the new computer. The one that's crashed won't even boot, so there's no way to even tell if it was syncing the contacts along with all the phone photos. Literally happened at the same time - it was because I had the new computer that I was finally able to pull the photos off the phone and make room for the upgrade. It had refused to upgrade for lack of space for some time.
    I had thought it was set to sync to iCloud but it vanished from BOTH my phone and the cloud. That's why I'm so angry about it.

• Since I updated to Firefox 4.0 I no longer can use the fingerprint scanner to log into websites. I get a message saying the protocol dpql isn't associated with any program. It was working fine upgraded. What do I do now?

The scanner works fine with Explorer and worked fine with Firefox before the upgrade. I find it disconcerting that you upgrade something that then changes how I have to use my computer in ways that have nothing to do with Firefox. At least we should have been warned prior to the upgrade that this was going to happen.

Id this the HP SimplePass Identity manager or Digital Persona fingerprint reader? If it is, the company that make the fingerprint reader have abandoned it. For more details see https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/799388

• How do I reset the fingerprint scanner on the Toshiba laptop?

My fingerprint scanner won't recognize my fingerprint. How do I reset it, because I forgot my password?

>How do I reset it, because I forgot my password?
    Sorry but if this can be reset so easy then every stolen notebook can be reset.
    Are we writing here about notebook protection or what? :)

• The 10.4 upgrade smart playlist editing has removed the ellipse as the 3rd button option along side the adding or removing a parameter. Why? And can we get it back?

I just did the iTunes update to 10.4 (80) from 10.3 on a MacPro OS X 10.6.8 . I am extremely nervous and saddened by a subtle change to the smart playlist editing features. I have 178.26gb of music, and a very extensive array of playlists and smart playlists taking full advantage of all the wonderful features and complexity someone has taken the time to develop. I have taken years of time developing my library, and this one little change will set me back substantially. The change? Removing the ellipse as the 3rd button option along side the adding or removing a parameter. The button allowed one to  create levels or groups of parameters within the dialogue window that could act independently within one smart playlist. For example, songs from artist "A" needs at least 2 stars to be included, while songs from artist "B" need three stars, and they both can be in the same smart playlist which has its first level of complexity. I have lists that go dozens of layers beyond. And dozens more that cross reference. Is there any way we can get the hierarchy back, ie. Reintroduce the ellipse button? Or is there something new I do not know about? Thanks!

I would like to second this.
    This subtle yet life-changing removal is a total loss for advanced users that (used to) take full advantage of "logical and hierarchical" playlists. It tremendously impairs the "smartness" of the feature, effectively removing the possibility of mixing "and" & "if" parameters—which was the real beauty of the whole concept of "smart playlists" à la iTunes.
    Here's a simple example. I would like to create a playlist combining two genres (rock and electronic) with only songs that have a rating higher than 3. I cannot do that anymore. I need to create two playlists:
    a first playlist (A) that displays [Rock] OR [Electronic] (note that this playlist will never be played, it's an intermediary step required for B)
    then a second playlist (B) that displays [songs from playlist "A"] AND [with a rating higher than 3].
    It's a pain. And it clutters up browsing lists on my iPad/iPhone a lot.
    Smart playlists should get the ellipse button back!
    Moreover, the possibility of creating / editing smart playlists on iOS via a nice menu would be just… awesome. I would have thought Apple was going in that "smart" direction with iTunes. In hoping it's just a delay… until iOS 5 maybe?

• When i download the new update for IPad, afterwards my youtube app is gone. Why and how can i get it back?

Please help me i use youtube everyday and now i dont have it on my IPad! 

The YouTube app is not included in iOS 6. You will either need to try one of the YouTube apps from the store (there is an iPhone optimised app from google, and other people have said that they are working on an iPad version), or try accessing the mobile version via Safari : http://m.youtube.com (you can create a home screen shortcut for the site)

• My iMac has created different iPhoto libraries? Why and how can I bring all back to one library?

My iMac has created seperate iPhoto libraries for some reason. So now I have all my photos seperated amongst 4 libraries.
    Why did iMac do this or what did I do unwittingly that caused this?
    How do I combine all the photos back into just one library?

Your iMac has not created seperate ;libraries - that can only happen if you direct it done adn only you know what you did.
    What are the names of the 4 libraries?
    what version of iPhoto do you have? Do you have Aperturte? Unless you have iPhoto 9.3 and Apertrue 3.3 or newer the only way to merege libraries is using the paid version of iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - 
    LN

Maybe you are looking for

• Development and marketing of SAP EP solutions - any licenses required?

Hi Not sure which forum to post this in, so - maybe Coffee Corner is a good start My question is about the licensing required to development and marketing small add-ons / extensions for SAP Enterprise Portal. Is it possible for the individual develop

• SQLLDR -- WHEN works only for the first INTO table

I tries to load 2 table from one data file. SQLloader loads only the first table in the control file. If I switch the INTO sequence it then load the other table that now its the first in the control file. It works fine if I split the control into 2 c

• How to make website look correct in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome?

Hello there. I'm working on a website which was inherited to me by someone who died. So I am left with all of his coding which is about 4 years old. Now I'm working on positioning of the website and i've found that the only browser the website looks

• HELP - Compressor is missing

Hello there, Hope someone can help here. I have just noticed that Compressor is not installed with my FCP Studio 5.0 Upgrade addition from 4. I have never noticed this missing before because I have not been editing lately. Now if I use the disc to do

• Itunes Running Slow

Hi All, I purchased the mac about a year ago for music (logic and itunes) as i loved itunes on the pc the more the music catalogue grew the slower itunes got. I purchased a mac mini and with a largish collection all was working fine. I then decided t