Windows7 build 7127 on T61

Just bought myself a "demo pool" T61. I started by re-installing windows vista ultimate from the hidden partition. Utter nightmare, extremely slow machine, BSOD (stop-error 8086) frequently and on top of that microsoft claiming it was a conterfied Vista version... So, I formated and clean-installed Win7. Everything (exept for the blue ThinkVantage button, obviously) is working like a charm. WiFi installed itself, no need for additional drivers, the TurboMemoryController I got from Intel, everything else worked with Lenovo Vista drivers. And hey, I'm even able to run Virtual XP without problems... I guess I must have been lucky, installing Windows 7 on my T43 wasn't entirely without problems (although I got it to work nicely)...  
Greetings from sunny Denmark!

Hello,
yes, the T61 have got some flex at the right side above the hdd.
R models are heavier but have little flex, the T model are made out of very light
and carbon enhanced plastic materials. You can try to put a piece of thick paper under the palm rest.
The chassis and audio problem have to be repaired and I would suggest to send it to depot.
Please mention your palmrest flex also.
You can dismount your hdd to keep it at home. It´s a CRU (customer replaceble unit).
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
 English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

Similar Messages

• Slightly bent frame on T61, causes many creaks and flexes

After using my Thinkpad T61 for about 2 months, I just knew there was something that didn't feel quite right about the build quality. The palmrest showed a noticeable amount of flex, and one of the rubber feet was elevated 1-2mm off any flat surface (only the center part would touch the table). This basically meant that the frame wasn't completely straight on my Thinkpad.
    I compared my Thinkpad to 2 from my friends; one is a 14.1" just like mine (but integrated graphics) and shows absolutely no flex in the classis. The other, a 15.4" T61, showed a very slight bit, but much less than mine.
    What will Lenovo do to fix the bad build on my T61?  I am in college right now, so it would be inconvenient unless Lenovo could cross-ship me a new unit. However, the bad build quality on mine really annoys me, especially with the Thinkpads' reputation for great chassis quality.  The entire right side of my laptop literally moves up and down about 3-4mm if pressed on, even lightly.
    Also, would Lenovo let me keep my HDD? That way, I could just pop it into the replacement without having to worry about backing up work or re-installing Windows all over again.
    P.S. The headphone jack on mine apparently seems to be a little faulty also; I have to orient my headphones at a very precise angle, or I hear a lot of hissing in the background.
    Thanks in advance
    Here is a picture of the "bent" right side; notice that the rubber feet don't make full contact with the table.  I've tried this on many flat surfaces and it creaks and flexes whenever I put my right hand on the palmrest.
    Picture of right side; notice the elevation (Picture was taken from below so in reality it is WORSE ...
    Picture of left side; notice it makes full contact with table
    Message Edited by myang322 on 10-18-2008 01:48 PM

Hello,
    yes, the T61 have got some flex at the right side above the hdd.
    R models are heavier but have little flex, the T model are made out of very light
    and carbon enhanced plastic materials. You can try to put a piece of thick paper under the palm rest.
    The chassis and audio problem have to be repaired and I would suggest to send it to depot.
    Please mention your palmrest flex also.
    You can dismount your hdd to keep it at home. It´s a CRU (customer replaceble unit).
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

• X200 Windows7 Battery Life Problem

Hi, I have an X200 and recently installed Windows7 beta 7000 32bit. Even after getting all devices to work and installing Lenovo drivers where possible,  my battery life time never got better than about 60% of the batterylife time I had on vista.
    6 cell battery
    - around 6hrs on vista
    - less than 4hrs on Win7
    Today I installed Windows7 Build 7057 64bit and after installing all the drivers, all devices are working properly, but still the same really bad battery life!
    By now I really got used to Win7 user interface and improvements, I never want to switch back..... has anyone else problems like that? Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    senorm

I've got an x200. I interchange two drives in it, one personal and one for work. Both are Win7 64. One is upgraded from Vista Ultimate, one is a clean install. The battery is a 9 cell, and performs about the same on both. I'm using the Lenovo Power Management on both.
    I've not noticed a significant drop off of power, but what it's not perfect. Whenever the machine goes to sleep, whatever power management settings are in effect are frozen after that, until I reboot the machine. I thn again have control of the power settings until the machine again sleeps.
    For example, I like running on power saver. On a clean start, with power connected, the screen is bright, and the processor is running at a higher rate. If I sleep the machine and disconnect from power, went it reawakens, it behaves as if it is still connected to power - it does not drop to the battery settings.
    If I reboot at that point, then I have control of the power settings again, and the machine is on battery seetings (assuming I did not reconnect the power.) Everything functions as expected until the machine sleeps.
    Given that Windows 7 is beta, and Lenovo's drivers aren't optimized for Windows 7, I'm very pleased that battery power works as well as it does. I've whined in this forum that Lenovo should be providing beta power management drivers, but the reality is at this point things work farily well.
    I recommend patience and tweaking
    I'm looking forward to the Win 7 RC, hopefully we'll see more Lenovo drivers then. 
    x200 7454-CTO; 320GB HD; 4GB; Win 7 64bit - Now on RTM.
    - 2nd SSD with Win 7 Enterprise RTM
    T61p - RTM - Win 7 Enterprise
    S10 4231 for my wife - now on Win 7 Ultimate RTM

• Cannot adjust brightness on R61 with Windows7

I installed windows7 build 7100 and then cannot adjust the monitor's brightness. Can some one help? Thanks.

Had the same issue with the installed driver. I upgraded to nVidia 190.15 (beta - modified by Guru3D ) and now works fine. In case you need WHQL, try the latest stable driver from the same site (modified inf to work on mobile/quadro cards)

• Building App Gives Error 6 about 50 - 80 - 99% of the time. Windows7, LabVIEW 2010 SP1

Hi
    First off here is a link to a discussion of the problem.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-6-occurred-when-building-an-Executable-in-Labview-2009/m-p/997...
    I have tried all the suggestions on this link with no luck.
    Background:   have been using LabVIEW 2010 without problems since Sept, then I started getting the error 6 with the following message.
    " Error 6 occurred at Delete in AB_Engine_Delete_Internal_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi
    ->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller "
    This started on one project and is now occurring on another project.  Sometimes it builds 50% of the time, other times I can't get it to build at all.  I have upgraded to SP1, no change.
    Here are some things I have tried.
    Moved build directory to c:\a
    Renamed project, moved project right under c:\
    Disabled Google , disabled Win indexing, disabled Win7 user acct. Control, run LabVIEW as Admit all the time, win explorer closed
    mass compiling, closing the project, closing LabVIEW, re-booting
    Unistalled LabVIEW 2010 SP1 and re-install, twice.
    I believe I rebuilt my project in a new project.
    I moved my projects to a WinXP system laptop I have, and they never get Error 6 !  Short term fix, but I have to use Win7.  So I hope this means it is not my code.
    The funny thing is that this is totally random.  The unfunny thing is having to explain to a client I can't get my code to compile during a frustrating 95% of the time failure episode, yikes!
    Any help and suggestions would be welcome.
    BTW, the next step is to totally uninstall LabVIEW with a 'special' procedure and piece of code sent to me.  Don't want to, but am really at wits end.  Also waiting to hear back from my service ticket, but am desperate to have parallel solutions to try.
    Thanks
    Mark Ramsdale

Thanks for the clarify.
    I also meant to post this link.  It has a lot of info, this is the link I tried most if not all of the suggestions for.
    http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Get-Error-6-about-50-of-time-when-building-Application/td-p/1242634
    By the way, I was told that uninstalling LabVIEW will not resolve the issue, dodged a time killer :-)
    It seems the error is caused by Win7 and file reserving.  Waiting to hear back on that.  Have an SR.
    Again, any suggestions welcomed, maybe some Win7 ideas from those who know more about it.
    mr
    Mark Ramsdale

• Lenovo Thinkpad T61 Build Quality

I have a T61, and since then has been crap since I bought the LCD cover, cracking when you press, but the service could not start with him. And this is normal? What can I do? What can I do then? I am writing from Hungary.
    Best of all, it is also fitting to the site was dismantled, and the bottom of the machine does not fit properly, and the Lenovo We announce that the plane could not be any paper is slid into the machine and the screen behind it, but I know to do that.
    I do not want to szidni Lenovo, very love this machine and the brand, yet also got T-shirt, but somehow it does not get what I expected.
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQ814Rehh4
    Related forums: (I think this problem is not just me)  http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=142781
    ThinkPad X200 Tablet (7453-Y24)

pethemilan wrote:
    I have a T61, and since then has been crap since I bought the LCD cover, cracking when you press,
    Could you clarify exactly what you mean please. Did you replace the LCD cover, or have it replaced at some point?
    It looks to me as though a wlan or bt cable hasn't been routed correctly and is causing the disformation on the cover. Normally I would suggest just to apply pressure and click it back into place, but if a cable has been misrouted during a component replacement, this would not be the correct advice.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Image Ultra Builder 3.x issue with T61 Network Driver load

Hello,
    I am having issues with a Network deployment of an image on a T61 (7659-12U) During the intial boot up phase with the Network Boot disk that was created from IUB, I receive and error 1231 - The Network Location cannot be reached..  I am currently using IUB for deployment of A31, T40/42 as well as the T60 model line. None of these loads are having the problem.
    Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
    Thank-you in advance.
    Ed

Hi,
    IUB 4.01 is using WINPE 2.0<Vista based> and IUB 3.1 was using WINPE 1.0/1.1<XP Based>.
    This has nothing to do with the actual image deployment. It's just that the WINPE looks more like
    Vista. And this is why the method changed after you updated from 3.0/3.1 to 4.00/4.01.
    To answer your questions from before:
    1) Does updating IUB to version 4.01 still allow me to deploy Windows XP ?
    Yes, it's still supported and possible.
    2) Where on the boot CD should the new driver files be located. I took this to be PREBOOT\DRIVERS ?
    As the new IUB is using WINPE 2.0, the best location for the NIC drivers is the file :
    tvtos\winpe.wim
    However, this is my advice.!
    For my Image deployment I'm no longer using the CD for network deployment. I'm using USB key which gives me more options for the image deployment and the automatization of the deployment process.
    However, if you want to use CD for network deployment, then you can do it in following way.
    !!!NOTE: this is not the offical way, nor the supported way, but trust me, that it's working like charm !!!
    - go to your repository location %repositorylocation%\modules
    - find the file called "Z633003A.TVT" and open it using your fav zip application
    - after you open this file, go to following location: tvtos\
    - extract the "winpe.wim" and using WAIK unmount this file and add the NIC drivers into this .wim file
    - after all the drivers are in the winpe.wim file, just copy it back to the "Z633003A.TVT" file and create a new Deployment CD
    How to add NIC driver using WAIK:
    This is prety easy step, but for more info, check following link:
    http://www.svrops.com/svrops/articles/winvistape2.htm
    As I described earlier, I'm using USB key for Network image deployment, so I have not done it this way, but I have done it a bit simplier.
    Here are my steps:
    - created a Distribution USB key <suing the same method, that you are using when you create a Network deployment CD, but instead of a CD I select my USB key>
    - once the USB key was created successfully I unmount the "tvtos\winpe.wim" file and add all the NIC dirvers into it
    This is all that I have done.
    Yes, of course there are couple other steps, that I do, like modifying the BCD file, adding other WINPE files, diagnostics and other deployment tools, however, this is not realy a part of IUB, I'm using it for my WDS server and other deployment tools, that I need to use. If you know, what I mean, then you surely understand, that it's a live safer to have everything on one USB key, then on multiple CD where I need to search throught all of then to find the correct CD.
    Let me know, whether this method is more suitable for you.
    As described above, this is not the realy official/supported way, but it's working for sure.
    Rgrds 

• Building a new computer.. video card help?

im building a new system, planning to use after effects CS5 on it, and these are the specs.
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz w/ 8mb cache
    Asus P6T SE Motherboard
    2 x 500GB Caviar Black 7200 RPM SATA HD (linked somehow.. raid, maybe? he said it's show up as one drive and be faster)
    2 TB 5400 RPM Additional storage drive.
    Patriot Extreme Performance Viper II Series DDR3 12GB (6 x 2GB)
    GeForce GTS 250 512MB PCI-E w/ DVI, HDMI
    and a 24" Samsung Display.
    This has run me 2200, already a little over over my budget?
    My question is, is it worth the upgrade to a 285 (or maybe a Quadro)? This'll cost probably 300-400 more dollars. How different will it really be with this Mercury Playback Engine?

If you build the PC and it has RAID you can use a RAID 0 (striping).  It
    reads and writes faster but if one drive fails all is lost as each drive only contains half of
    the data.  I run an ICor7 920 2.66 that boots from a Western Digital 10K hard drive and runs two 500 GB drives in a RAID 0 for data drive.  I didn't get the boost I expected from the RAID 0.  I run two monitors with a 512 MB NVidia 8400 video card running my editing screen and a 1 GB NVidia 9500 running my display monitor.  It works pretty well.  The CS5 x64 really made it better but if I have too many layered sequences I have to reduce the monitoring to 1/4 res.  I run Windows7 x64.

• Help is not working in Form Builder 6i

Hi all,
    I'm using Forms builder 6i in Windows7 system. When i go to Help menu and click 'Form Builder Help Topics' a error message is coming.
    I've reinstalled it many times. In Windows XP system it's working fine. Why it's not working in Windows7?
    Any suggestions??

Check this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607
    Regards

• Nf750-g55 problem installing windows7 home premium 64bit

so i am attempting to build a htpc for a friend. got all the parts in the mail and started assembling the thing. installed the the m/b, cpu, hard drive, DVD drive, and power supply into the case and hooked up a old VGA CRT monitor and PS/2 keyboard and mouse. attempted to load the OS (specifically Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM)(purchased from newegg) which is where my problems started.  pardon the length here but i will try to be as detailed as possible to describe the issues.
    initial boot, everything powers up goes through the MB splash screen and it asks for bootable media.
    i put the install disk in the DVD and reboot, it comes up and boots from the DVD and brings up the windows install desktop. copies files, expands files, installs features and updates then auto shuts down to reboot.
    on reboot it brings up the desktop and starts flashing the 3 little dots next to the words completing installation. it does this for approximately 2 Min's then the computer crashes and app 20 seconds later the monitor led turns from green to amber for loss of video signal.
    computer reboots with MB splash screen then brings up the windows shut down unexpectedly screen "what do you want to do?"
    if i start windows normally it brings up the windows splash screen with the 4 fireflies that turn into the windows icon, blinks once then black screens. few secs later the monitor led goes amber and the system reboots.
    if i start in safe mode it will go Through the windows splash screen to the desktop and gives me the message "cannot finish installation in safe mode please reboot"
    as of this time i have swapped the memory out for the smaller module listed in my Sig. i started with a 4GB module of gskill ripjaw but have read that windows7 sometimes doesn't like more then 2 GB installed so used a spare i had laying around. i also tried another harddrive, i have run memtest86 as well as a harddrive diagnostic on the installed drive. i have swapped the drive sata cables around a bit. currently have hd in sata1 and DVD in sata4.
    i reflashed the bios from v1.3 to v1.5 with no change in the symptoms.
    i also unplugged everything from the front panel of the case except for the power/reset switches and power/hdd LEDs. no overclocking. insured the overclock dips on the MB were set in the off position.
    i also have tried to install both 32 and 64 bit versions of 7 ultimate. both fail in the exact same way. however a copy of server2008 32bit installed just fine.
    i made a tech support ticket with msi and hit the highlights in my post there, the response was that this type of concern is typically caused by memory issues but since i had both swapped in another memory module and run memtest that it was likely a MB issue and i should contact my reseller for an exchange.
    before making an rma request i wanted to touch base here and see if anyone might have a solution that wont require me waiting another week or so to get this thing up and running. it almost sounds like i may have a driver type issue that is causing things to wig out on me, since it boots OK in safe mode but not in normal mode. but i really dont have any idea on how to test that theory.
    in advance thank you for any suggestions

well i tried out a diferent dvd and cable today and no go on a resolution that way.  and yes the ram module is in the dimm1 slot
    as a hail mary i stuck my HD into my other computer and installed the os that way and then ran the msi driver disk as well before parking the HD back in the other case. amazingly the thing booted up just fine and loaded a bunch of drivers. everything seemed ok until i rebooted and got a bsod during loading into windows. at least now i have a direction to go with. the minidump info listed the nvlddmkm.sys driver as the fault. from a quick websearch this seems to be a issue with the nvidia driver sets. i am currently attempting to locate a stable driver set version. will post back with either success or failure results

• Opening large ant xml build file(70KB+) hangs JDeveloper 11.1.2.1.0

Hey everyone!
    I've been using JDeveloper for about 6 months and I've loved it from the beginning. Everythings seems to be where it's supposed to be and the visual editor greatly speeds up the development. And it's free - amazing. But the team I work with... all of them use IDEA/Eclipse, that is what people got used to - those monstrous IDE's that I'm not realy into - ...So all my persuasions to migrate to JDeveloper crash on one point: when opening large(70KB+) ant xml build files the JDeveloper seems to be doing some syntax checking and just hangs without saying anything. The strange thing is that these files open OK in IDEA/Eclipse.
    I use the latest version of JDeveloper 11g Release 2 11.1.2.1.0 on Windows7-64 and 1.6.0_30 java. Can I get some help on this one to increase the JDevelper popularity among fellow java developers? :)
    Thanks in advance!
    Edited by: 924380 on 29.03.2012 15:30

Do you have access to Oracle Support to file an SR?
    Can you post your build.xml file somewhere, and I'd be happy to test?
    Another thing to try: run jdev.exe/jdev64.exe (assuming you're on windows) from jdeveloper\jdev\bin. This will open JDev in a command prompt window, and any stack traces that jdev might throw internally would be displayed in the console window. Not that this would help you fix anything, but might give Oracle a clue as to where the issue lies.
    John

• Windows 7 - Build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine

Hello everyone.
    Im a newbie here so i hope i get this right.
    I have a question about this message on my desktop reading "Windows 7 Build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine." ????
    I bought this Satellite c660 at Qatif, Saudi Arabia and now it is here in the Philippines.
    My laptop is Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. It is asking for a product key and i cannot find one. There is no product key sticker in the bottom and i dont know where to get that.
    I've run a diagnostic and i hope this helps.
    Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Code: 50
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-CM74G-RPHKF-PW487
    Windows Product Key Hash: 71BRYMECVaSXedfumfu8zryHJVY=
    Windows Product ID: 00371-177-0000061-85062
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048
    ID: {1E8191EC-15C9-4DC3-8886-55DD7BBA8D84}(4)
    Is Admin: No
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Professional
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A
    Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 103 Blocked VLK
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 103 Blocked VLK
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed
    File Scan Data-->
    Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{1E8191EC-15C9-4DC3-8886-55DD7BBA8D84}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-PW487</PKey><PID>00371-177-0000061-85062</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3557145390-3644324294-2060978674</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Model>Satellite C660</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Version>1.60</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20110707000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>4B8C3E07018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Korea Standard Time(GMT+09:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>TOSCPL</OEMID><OEMTableID>TOSCPL00</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>103</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>103</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>ACD7202654E586</Val><Hash>fFic3JgCreGGRxyF8uMWB4R4Jcg=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-1528066-65261</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="103"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>
    Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002
    Licensing Data-->
    Input Error: Can not find script file "C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs".
    Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0x00000000
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: 3:15:2012 19:39
    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:
    HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MgAAAAEAAgABAAIAAAABAAAAAwABAAEAJJT+lnD3en8mEX4nsL +8NxRgtMToxMDARso=
    OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A
    OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: no, invalid SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
    ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
    APIC PTLTD APIC
    FACP TOSCPL CRESTLNE
    HPET INTEL CRESTLNE
    BOOT PTLTD $SBFTBL$
    MCFG INTEL CRESTLNE
    OSFR TOSHIB A+2nd ID
    SLIC TOSCPL TOSCPL00
    SSDT BrtRef DD01BRT
    SSDT BrtRef DD01BRT
    PLEASE anyone help? I am not a techie person and i dont know how to fix this problem. Thank you and regards.

Now, this is pretty complicated for me to understand but one thing is just clear, this is counterfeit. I have asked help from other Windows7 forums and all they tell me is to report this to Microsoft.
    MANY people have counterfeit installs - very few of them actually know it! And im one of them.
    A large proprtion of counterfeiting is done b vendors who can make a quick buck by buying/building OS-free machines, and installing 'Ultimate' to unsuspecting purchasers.
    Another thing is that I cannot see any COA sticker anywhere my unit.
    I used a keyfinder softwareto find my product key but it's not valid for activation since the key used in here is a Default Key. is is getting worst.
    I am not very good with this technology stuff and im getting really frustrated.
    Is it possible that if i upgrade my system to Windows 8, and use a legal purchase, will i be able to get rid of this "Windows 7 Build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine." thing???????
    Please help. Thank you.

• Flash Builder 4 Extremely slow under Windows 7 + Java

Hello,
    I have the following configuration:
    Sony VAIO SZ
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz (T8100)
    4GB DDR3
    NVidia 8400M GS
    320GB (7200 RPM) HDD
    Windows7 Ultimate (6.1.7600)
    I'm trying to use Adobe Flash Builder 4 (build 272416) in Trial mode.
    I was working for a long time already with the Flex Builder Plug-in 3. Compilation time was always a headache, true, but it still was affordable. But with the Flash Builder 4 production that became so bad that I can't simply use it event to test.
    When started form the "clean" workspace, bundled Eclipse and only one project (Flex) is created - everything looks fine. Even if you add a "hello world" pop-up to your application (that's sarcasm, yeah =)
    The situation changes dramatically when you have any number (greater than zero of course) of Java projects in your workspace.
    Compilation time skyrockets to about 1 - 2 minutes - first (on an empty project created with wizard). Second - it starts crashing with or without reason.
    When I'm trying to create a new Flex project (having several Java projects in the workspace) - the moment the wizard is complete and it's going to show me the contents of the newly created MXML (yes, a few lines with no logic at all) it crashes. When I'm trying to open existing project - well, it opens, but compilation times are greater than 2 minutes (that's a tiny project with a few screens with primitive design, three AS classes and two CSS files and one image included) whenever I just put an empty string to even the main MXML.
    When I'm trying to switch to design view - it crashes 80% of time. The rest 20% it show "gray field" and bugs UI completely.
    When building starts - the only way to avoid it ... well ... go drink a tea. It's impossible to cancel and if I try to cancel it - it hangs forever. Only killing the eclipse process helps.
    And, really, 2 minutes of compilation time? Are you serious? It's like, change the line of code, save, wait 2 minutes with 50% chance of observing never-ending activity?
    Btw, I've tested the Flash Builder Beta - there were no such problems. Everything was really cool and smooth. Compilation time was even faster than Flex Builder 3. And such a surprise with the production version.
    It's all with the JDK 6u14 (yes, I've tested it with the most recent one - 6u18 - the same picture).
    So, is there anyone experiencing the same behavior and any hints on how to fix it? It's really annoying especially knowing and waiting to get hands on all those great SDK 4 features.
    Thanks!

I think the longer compile times when embedding fonts are sort of to be expected. You're embedding an awful lot of glyphs into your SWF (versus using device fonts or setting an explicit unicode range).
    For example, I tried with the following simple example in Flex 4.0:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
            xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
            xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
            applicationComplete="lbl.text = (loaderInfo.bytesTotal / 1024).toFixed(2) + ' KB';">
        <fx:Style>
            @namespace s "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";
            @namespace mx "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx";
            @font-face {
                fontFamily: Calibri;
                fontWeight: normal;
                fontStyle: normal;
                src: url("c:/windows/fonts/calibri.ttf");
            @font-face {
                fontWeight: bold;
                fontStyle: normal;
                src: url("c:/windows/fonts/calibrib.ttf");
            @font-face {
                fontWeight: normal;
                fontStyle: italic;
                src: url("c:/windows/fonts/calibrii.ttf");
            @font-face {
                fontWeight: bold;
                fontStyle: italic;
                src: url("c:/windows/fonts/calibriz.ttf");
            global {
                 fontSize: 24;
        </fx:Style>
        <s:controlBarContent>
            <s:Label id="lbl" color="red" fontWeight="bold" />
        </s:controlBarContent>
        <s:VGroup horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0">
            <s:Label text="Calibri regular" />
            <s:Label text="Calibri bold" fontWeight="bold" />
            <s:Label text="Calibri italic" fontStyle="italic" />
            <s:Label text="Calibri bold+italic" fontWeight="bold" fontStyle="italic" />
        </s:VGroup>
    </s:Application>
    Now, the .SWF file in my /bin-debug/ folder was pretty large (~1440 KB -- or about 1.4 MB). When I exported a release version of the .SWF using Builder that number dropped down to ~970 KB (or 0.9 MB). Still rather large.
    Typically when embedding fonts you'll want to specify a unicode range so you only embed the characters you care about (English uppercase/lowercase, punctuation, numbers, etc). Or you could embed Thai ranges or whatever else you want.
    So if I specify the following unicode range for each of the four embed statements, the SWF sizes drop considerably:
    unicode-range 
    : U+0020-002F,U+0030-0039,U+003A-0040,U+0041-005A,U+005B-0060,U+0061-007A,U+007B-007E;
    /bin-debug/: ~970 KB (67%)
    /bin-release/: ~520 KB (53%)
    You can find some examples of unicode ranges in the /frameworks/flash-unicode-table.xml file in the Flex SDK. Also, you can specify custom named unicode ranges in your /frameworks/flex-config.xml file:
    <!-- Defines ranges that can be used across multiple font-face declarations. -->
    <!-- See flash-unicode-table.xml for more examples. -->
    <!-- not set -->
    <!--
    <languages>
      <language-range>
        <lang>englishRange</lang>
        <range>U+0020-007E</range>
      </language-range>
    </languages>
    -->
    And this way you could just specify a unicode-range of "englishRange" instead of having to do U+0020-002F, etc.
    Hope that helps,
    Peter

• Can't re-install iTunes on Windows7 64bit PC.

Can't re-install iTunes on Windows7 64bit PC. Tried uninstalling Apple programs in correct order and starting again with new download but I can't install Apple App support which means iTunes won't work. May be something to do with microsoft visual c++ redistributable package x86 which I cannot repair.
    Help please!
    Thanks
    Mike

A hint from another thread suggests that temporarily disabling the Windows Firewall may help with the installation of the C++ Redistributable components.
    For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.
    The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.
    The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with third party software.
    Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.
    tt2

• Error: Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine

This ThinkPad 4270 was new in April 2012. About 2 weeks ago, the Error message: Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine started appearing.
    The Lenovo help desk in Atlanta is of no help. Their job is only "hardware," they say. I have paid Microsoft techs to fix the problem. Three of them have tried everything from running malware and antivirus software to making a registry change.
    The "fix" lasts for only a few hours, during which time the message disappears and then, for no known reason, reappears.
    I have discussed this with Norton techs and can't find anyone who can either explain or fix the problem. Everything works just fine--the error message just comes up. If I run the MS Validate program it disappears for a while, then reappears.
    Also I have had a problem with the fingerprint reader from the time I first received this computer.
    I have read postings on the error online on various boards. People have ideas about everything from a virus to a "race" issue with competing anti-virus software. I've had the online "experts" look at the computer and no one can really state the problem.
    Do any of you have any experience with this? Any ideas of a real cause and fix?
    Everything works just fine--just have the error message.
    Thanks for sharing any ideas.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

It's possible that the license storage is corrupt. Try this:
    1) Click the Start button at lower left of your desktop
    2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the search window.
    3) Find the file CMD.exe
    4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
    5) Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    Note: the Software Protection service may not be running, this is ok.
    6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro​aming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
    7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    9) Type: net start sppsvc
    10) Type: slui.exe
    11) The Windows Activation dialog will appear. You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.
    If you have a Product Key, reactivate Windows by following these steps:
    1. Click the Start button
    2. Type: slui.exe 3 and hit the Enter key
    3. Type in the Product key from the sticker on your computer
    4.  Click the Next button.
    5. You will be asked if want to Activate, click ok
    You can also activate by phone by following these steps:
    1. Click the Start button
    2. Type: slui.exe 4 and hit the Enter key
    3. Select your location in the drop down menu and click the Next button
    4. The next screen provides the number to call to Activate by Phone
    How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/95092​9/en=us   
    Please let the board know if either of these methods worked. Good luck
    T520 4239-CTO
    T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
    A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
    A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
    TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
    701C Win 98 Don't ask

Maybe you are looking for

• Writing to a file Multiple times

I am trying to write to a file more than once, but with using the same program just opened up over and over again. This will then form part of a bigger program i have, which will need to be able to write to a file, each time the program is run, but n

• Filespaces in generated file names - unfortunate

I'm trying to upload all the files generated by an export to directory. Many of the auto-generated file names use the name of a page (which is displayed in the navigation - so i don't want to remove the spaces). This creates files with blanks in the

• CO PA report output

Hi Forum I have query how a REPORT of P & L COSTING BY PROFIT CENTER fetching values like Revenue Sales Deductions Net Sales Direct Material Cost Labor External Processing Material Overhead Labor Overhead Other Overhead Cost of Sale Interco COGS at s

• How to use PL/SQL in javascript

Hi, Iam trying to do the following: I need to call a function PL-SQL from javascript. In Oracle I can do this with sth like: variable result varchar2(100); exec :result := MyFunction(param1, param2); (a string with a varible long returns) Someone cou

• If my ipod brakes but i need to get it synced with my computer to get songs off how would i do that?

Is there a way to sync a broken ipod with itunes or just get your songs downloaded off of your ipod onto itune without having to connect the two?