22'' Viewsonic monitor for T60

Just to continue my previous about DVI interface for T60 in a wider context. Actually, I am looking to buy 22'' LCD monitor from Viewsonic and considering the following models.
 Viewsonic Vx2233wm (Full HD 1920 x 1080)
Viewsonic VX2260wm (Full HD 1920 x 1080
Viewsonic Vx2262wm (Super-HD 1680x1050)
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors​/l…ries/vx2233wm.htm
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors​/l…ries/vx2260wm.htm
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors​/l…ries/vx2262wm.htm 
I don't game, use only office applications: Internet, Excel, Word, etc. The questions are:
1) should I pay $30 more for Full HD monitor, or it makes no sence if I connectit in only to T60? 
2) What max resolution will I have a chanse to setup at my monitor with T60 though VGA?
3) Does it make sence to pay ~$130 for USB-> DVI adapter, or the improvements in the picture will not be considerate vs. VGA connection?

Hi slava739,
I'm not positive, but believe that your T60 will drive 1920x1080 over VGA, if you want. However, I'd recommend using a digital connection instead. (I'm a bit of a fanatic that way.) A less expensive option than the $130 USB -> DVI adapter is to get a 2504 Advanced Mini Dock. You can find used/refurbed ones on eBay (and sometimes the Lenovo Outlet) for ~$80 last time I checked. It's quite handy to have the dock for all your external connections, anyway.
You didn't say what OS you're running. Windows 7 is apparently resolution-independent; might make sense to go for the most pixels (highest resolution) you can, you can change the resolution as needed. Vista and earlier don't scale all icons / GUI elements properly, so it's better to choose your monitor's native resolution as something you'll actually use all/most of the time. If your eyesight is good, 1920x1080 on a 22" is probably ok. But 1680x1050 might result in less eyestrain, especially if you use your computer for long periods of time.
Good luck!
-Frank
Results of Your Ideal Business-Class Laptop survey, concluded 2009-07-29.
Did someone help you?
Say thanks! with a kudo.
Even better: Pay it forward, help someone else.

Similar Messages

• New Viewsonic Monitor and My G4 won't work together?!?

I purchased a E70f-b CRT viewsonic monitor for a G4 mirrored door mac and I am having crazy shutdown problems. I have spoke to the techs from were I purchased it and the viewsonic techs and basically I am still stuck. Basically the G4 will not shutdown when this monitor is hooked up. I have calibrated and used the driver/colorsync for the monitor and I still am having problems. When I shutdown my computer, it will rev up and boot back up with this monitor. I have tested this monitor on another exact G4 and it does the same thing. On the first G4, I seem to have more errors and lock ups. I am trying to find out if I need to send this back/exchange or different model. Help

There is a problem with the OEM 9000 Radeon and some LCD VGA displays. Could be affecting yours.
    Apple even has a tech note on this.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61697
    A Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors), Power Mac G4 (FW 800) or Power Mac G5 computer may restart after the computer has been shut down when it is connected to certain third-party VGA and DVI displays using the DVI connector on the computer.
    Symptom
    The computer restarts after it is shut down. This occurs when certain third-party VGA and DVI displays are connected to the computer's digital video interface (DVI) port.
    Products affected
    * Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors)
    * Power Mac G4 (FW 800)
    * Power Mac G5
    * Some third-party DVI displays
    * Some third-party VGA displays (with DVI to VGA adapter)
    * Apple graphics cards with both an ADC and DVI connector
    Dr. Bott, LLC
    http://www.drbott.com/
    http://store.apple.com/

• External Monitor as Preview Monitor for FCP 7

Hey guys,
    I recently purchased a ViewSonic monitor for use with monitoring my output from FCP. I've hooked it up but it doesn't seem to be working.
    The ViewSonic has DVI and VGA outputs. I can go straight to the Mac no problem through DVI, but that just gives me an extended desktop.
    I have a Scan Converter that is plugged into firewire to the Mac, and then VGA to the Monitor. I thought it would be that simple, but I guess not???
    If anyone has any insight it would be really appreciated! Thanks!

to preview from FCP you need an NTSC or PAL LCD or CRT colour monitor, not a computer monitor. You will need a digitising card for SDI or analogue output from the Mac: http://blackmagic-design.com/products/decklink/
    or a camera or deck with Firewire if you need to use a Firewire connection.
    The manual explains in detail how to set this up.

• How do i Use my old 2009 imac as a monitor for my new 27 inch 2014 iMac?

Just got the 2014 27-inch iMac, and i have a 2009 iMac as well as a ViewSonic Monitor with a Thunderbolt adaptor.
    Is it possible with the 2 Thunderbolt display ports to have 2 extra monitors?...So far on the ViewSonic works. I tried to use Migration Assistant to Transfer files, and the 2014 saw the other computer, but the 2009 just kept looking for a connection while it was connected by Thunderbolt.
    At a local Mac store, i asked this question, and when they confirmed the the 2014 had 2 Thunderbolt ports, that i would be able to use the old iMac and an additional monitor.
    Please Help,
    Thank You

This article should help http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3924

• Processing time has slowed to a crawl since install of ViewSonic monitor.

All processing functions have slowed to a crawl since I installed a ViewSonic monitor VX2270Smh-LED.  The system recognized the monitor immediately.  It is connected through the Mini-DVI port on the MacBook Pro and through an adapter to the DVI port on the monitor.  I have the displays configured as one very wide monitor so I can move windows back and forth.  It doesn't seem to matter what I am working on, browser, spreadsheet, email, every command results in the spinning wheel.
    Have looked for a driver for the ViewSonic but they don't make them.  Is there something available with Apple that will help this?

To isolate whether the monitor is really the culprit I would run a benchmark without the monitor connected and with.
    You should rely on the numbers from the benchmark to tell whether there is a difference.  Perception can be a very dicey thing.
    I have used xbench:
    http://xbench.com
    Once you have performed the test in the two cases (not other applications running) report back here the results

• Since my G5 died I was thinking about getting a Mac Mini, but I have a ViewSonic Monitor (from 2004) and a USB keyboard and mouse - I also have the external drive tha downloaded my files on to. Do you think the monitor, keyboard and mouse will work on it?

Since my G5 died I was thinking about getting a Mac Mini, but I have a ViewSonic Monitor (from 2004) and a USB keyboard and mouse - I also have the external drive that I downloaded my files on to. Do you think the monitor, keyboard and mouse will work on it? Would I have to get a hub so I could use the stuff I already have? Is that viewsonic too old to work on it?
    What else would I need? Please advise...

Yes for keyboard and mouse.
    The monitor will work if it has an HDMI, VGA ir DVI input. If it only has a VGA input you will need this adopter
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/cables/cable_choo ser#selected-step1=MINI-DISPLAY-PORT&selected-step2=VGA&step=3

• Need help finding a good monitor for a Power Macintosh G5 Dual Core (2.0)

Hi
    I've owned Macs since the 90's - the past 7 years have been using Imacs...  I'm going to purchase a Power Macintosh G5 Dual Core (2.0) with the Nvidia 6600LE card.  Whats a decent monitor for it?  It's DVI output only as far as I can tell - I want at least a 22 or 24 inch monitor and want a fairly inexpensive one as I'm a poor man (Social Security disability).  Can anyone suggest one - I can't tell what screen resolutions are optimal for the card (googled till my eyes hurt) if I knew that I could start hunting CompUSA, Sams Club, etc.

Check out newegg.com. I just got the same G5 you have this past summer and a couple months ago finally decided it was time to ditch the old 21" CRT Viewsonic Ive been using for years.
    I picked up a 21" Acer widescreen HD LCD on sale for $119.00 from newegg and could not have been happier..
    Ive never bought anything from Acer before but its so far got no complaints from me other then, the DVI cable they give you is the wrong type to use with your G5's video card. Lucky for me it had a DVI-VGA adapter so I could get running. Its running just fine at 1900x1200 without any dual link DVI connecter.
    One thing I like about newegg is you get to read user reviews and they are not afraid to tell you if something is bad. Theyve always got different models and brands rotating on and off sale so check em out and make sure you check the reviews and you can find a killer deal.
    I think the Viewsonics I looked at in the same size were around $199 or so.. I wouldve got one but Im a broke and jobless kinda guy nowadays so had to get one as cheap as I could..

• 24" iMac... Mac Pro with Viewsonic Monitor or Apple Display.

I'm tossing between the options of getting just a 24" iMac... or getting a Mac Pro and getting an Apple Monitor or Getting a Viewsonic Monitor... Are the Apple displays really worth their price? If ONLY talking displays not specs would I really enjoy the 24" iMac due to it being 24" but at the same time (quick mention of specs) it's not upgradable as much as a Mac Pro... is spending $1,000 on a 23" Apple display worth it? I want at least a 22" display. I can get a Viewsonic 22" for less then $400. What is so great about the Apple 23" display that I would want to buy that instead and spend the extra money?

figured out what I wanted

• New computer and video monitors for HD and PP CS5.5

Dear All,
    I have recently updated to Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection to work in conjuntion with Final Cut Pro.  I've been working with a Canon XL-1s, taping with mini-dv format in Standard Definition up to this time but am thinking of buying the Panasonic AG-AC160 AVCCAM and upgrading to High Definition.
    I'm working on a Mac Pro and have been using a View Sonic computer monitor and a Sony Video Monitor that I've had for years -- left over from the old analog video tape days, but it still seems to do the job well.
    I'm learning Premiere Pro CS5.5 and the suite seems to be working o.k., so that is not a problem at this time.
    My question is:  If I start working in high definition, do I need to change my computer and video monitors in order to get professional results from my editing software?  I have done documentaries and want to do them in high def and have the best video for podcasts and mobile applications.
    I don't want to spend another gazillion dollars on monitors if I don't have to, but I do want to provide the best video that I can and I will buy what I need.
    Thanks for your suggestions and any info you can provide.
    Small Town Gal

Dear taz291819
    Thanks for your help.  I have one more question.  Do I actually need two monitors or will the computer monitor serve as a video monitor?  I'm used to the old analog process of viewing the final video on a video monitor, but with HD, I would think that the computer monitor would give the same result as a separate video monitor.  My ViewSonic would work, I'm sure, but it's a bit small for the HD format and I would like a bigger screen to work on.  So, can I just use the computer monitor for editing and viewing the final product?
    For Harm Millaard, I just think that HD will produce a better final product in small formats viewed as podcasts or on mobile phones -- plus almost everyone wants everything in HD now, and for some of the things I will be doing, it will undoubtedly give a better product.  I want to upgrade my camera anyway, so I want to go to HD.
    Small Town Gal

• Good (cheap) second monitor for 20"CD

I am looking for a second (LCD) monitor for my 20" Core Duo. It doesn't need to be top of the line for video or photo editing or anything like that: I just want more real estate and want to take advantage of the Core Duo's ability to use extended desktop mode.
    Anyway, does anyone have any tips on a good but cheap sceond monitor? I am looking at a 19" size.
    So far, the best deal I have found is a Viewsonic 19" for $259 on ZipZoomFly (delivery included). It says it is Mac and PC compatible (says it will work with G3,G4,G5 Macs and that it has VGA for PC, so it should work with my intel iMac? I have a mini-DV to VGA adapter I bought with the machine.). I am familiar with Viewsonic and consider them to be ok.
    Any other suggestions?

Try a hardware calibrator one monitor at a time. They have gotten somewhat cheaper though no great bargains. You ran the expert mode Apple Colorsync calibrator on each by eye? If so didn't the color discrepancies appear then?
    Any pro digital labs where you live - one here in Toronto will come and color match up to 5 monitors for $100.

• No sound from new Viewsonic monitor

I just got a new mini--hooked it up to the Viewsonic VA1930wm monitor and no sound comes from the monitor. When I go into the sound preferences--it doesn't seem to see it. The mini itself has sound--but I want it to come from the monitor. There are no drivers available..am I doing something wrong?--or should I get a different monitor--and if so--which one?
    Marilyn

Welcome to Apple Discussions!
    Most monitors with audio have an audio in 1/8th inch input jack to run a cable between the monitor and the computer's sound output jack. Usually it comes supplied with a cable to go between the computer and the monitor that fits that jack. If your monitor was missing such a cable, you can buy it at Radio Shack. Look at the under side or back of the monitor for where the video cable comes in. Somewhere near there should be the audio jack. If there are multiple, you may need to split the channels coming out of the stereo built-in to the back of the Mac Mini. Which Mac Mini model do you have? Is it an Intel or PowerPC?

• Viewsonic monitor color doesn't match MacAir

I'm trying to set up the sRGB color space on my ViewSonic monitor to match the sRGB color space on my MacAir, but it's just not working. The brightness on the VS monitor dims when I select sRGB and the Brightness Adjust option grays out so I can select it to increase it. The colors are barely close - what looks reddish brown on my Air looks more yellow-brown on the VS.
    I'm a professional photographer. I need for these colors to be accurate. Suggestions?
    Thanks very much,
    Roxyanne Young

Hello Roxyanne,
    The sRGB option on the monitor is a standard default color pallet for the internet. You can calibrate your monitor by going to System Preferences on your MacBook Air.
    Should you need further assistance please call us toll free (U.S.) at 1-800-688-6688. A customer service agent will gladly support you.
    Thank you,
    ViewSonic Corp.

• External monitor for MBP retina 13 inch

hi,
    i am an undergrad student and i bought mbp retina 13 inch in dec'13.
    now i want to use an external monitor for my work which is mostly coding and stuff .i dont know much about display monitors and their ports or pins : vga ,dvi or displayport.
    please help me with suggestions as which one is better monitor to have and some info about the ports or pins is also needed ( as i already have apple's mini displayport to vga adapter ,which i bought to connect my mac to projector although its done rarely )
    i do have a budget for this , its about $ 150 to 200 .
    thanks.

Here's - http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA2446M-LED-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Speakers/dp/B00D601U C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393758755&sr=8-1&keywords=24+inch+lcd+computer+monito r - a 24" ViewSonic monitor with DVI input (much better than VGA). It's within your budget and you could still afford a good adapter for it (such as this one from Monoprice).
    Good luck,
    Clinton

• How do I use my iMac(late 2009) as a monitor for my MBP(2012) or my MBP(late 2010) without software?

I currently have a late 2009 iMac, a 2012 MBP, a mid 2010 MBP and a MinDisplay Port (MDP) male to male cable. I am trying to either use the iMac a second monitor for one of the MBPs or mirror the display.
    The iMac has a MDP port and is running OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)
    The MBP 2010 has a MDP port and is running OS X 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion)
    The MBP 2012 has a Thunderbolt port and is running OS X 10.9 (Maverics)
    When I connect the 2010 MBP to the iMac with the MDP cable the screen of the iMac goes black and the MBP flashes blue. I have been looking for a solution and I have tried:
    Rebooting them in the order of: connecting the cable, turing on the MBP, then turing on the iMac
    Whilst they are on simply plugging the cable between the two
    Connecting them with the cable while they are on, then pressing cmd-f1 on the MBP
    Connecting them with the cable while they are on, then pressing cmd-f1 on the iMac
    Pressing cmd-f2 on the iMac, whilst there are connected, only toggles a black screen on the iMac
    Pressing cmd-f2 on the MBP doesn't do anything
    Every time I connect the MBP 2012 to the iMac with the MDP cable, the MBP screen goes black and the computor screen becomes unresponsive but the screen stays on and I have to reboot the MBP.
    I will really appreciate anyone who has any information on this topic.
    Thanks

If the iMac is a 21-inch model, not without using a product such as ScreenRecycler over a network.
    If the iMac is a 27-inch model, click here for information.
    (127021)

• How do I use my late 2011 iMac ( with thunderbolt) as external monitor for laptop/Xbox or other device with hdmi as output.

May be this question has been asked thousand times. how do I use my mid 2011 iMac ( with thunderbolt) as external monitor for laptop/Xbox or other device with hdmi as output. if apple hasn't removed that feature and has just moved that functinoality to thunderbolt then how can I use it. currently there is no laptop available with thunderbolt output. no 3rd party converter available. whats the use of having feature on latest functionality if we cant use it. I wish they would have made one port has mini-dvi and other thunderbolt for backward compatibility untill some vendor comes up with converter.

It Says :
    Mac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) and iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) and later computers support Target Display Mode via Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable (2 m) when the source is another Thunderbolt-equipped computer.
    Name one computer model/vendor which has thunderbolt as output for display + audio. this is so stupid to move to new technology without availbility of its compatible devices.

Maybe you are looking for