Can you add more RAM and a graphics card on T430?

I currently have 8gb of ram and onboard intel HD 4000 graphics on my T430.
I'm trying to play some games on my computer so, I would like to know if there is a slot to install an aftermarket video card plus ram expansion capacity of T430.
Thank you.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Yes for the RAM - T430 will accept up to 16GB.
No for the graphics card, there is no upgrade path for that.
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• I have a mid 2007 MacBook Pro with 2GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M graphics. Is it possible to upgrade the RAM and the graphics card?

I have a mid 2007 MacBook Pro with 2GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M graphics card. Is it possible to upgrade the RAM and the graphics card?

The RAM can be upgraded as indicated below. The Graphics card can not be upgraded.
    Maximum Memory
    6.0 GB (Actual) 4.0 GB (Apple)
    Memory Slots
    2 - 200-pin PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 SO-DIMM

• Can I add more ram than suggested

I need to get some more ram for my imac that apple say I can expand to 16gb. I currently have the standed 4gb.
    In the following article from pcworld i noticed the following (especially the bold)
    All iMacs come standard with 4GB of memory, installed as a pair of 2GB modules. When you order an iMac through the Apple Online Store, you have the option to upgrade the memory to 8GB (a pair of 4GB modules) on all iMac models for $200, or to 16GB (four 4GB modules) on the 27-inch models for $600. The iMac has four memory slots located at the bottom of the iMac that are user-accessible. Since two slots are empty when you buy an standard-configuration iMac, you can easily add more memory. The 21.5 inch iMac has support for up to 16GB of memory; third party companies are offering 32GB memory upgrades for the new 27-inch iMac.
    Does this mean that I can technically go up to 32gb?  Is there a down side to adding more the an 16gb suggested.

Although you can install up to 16 GBs of RAM in both 21 and 27" models, I can not confirm that you can install 32 GBs in the 27" model. You might check OWC to see what they say.

• Have imac osx 10.6.8  with 2 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram. Can I get more ram and a good video card to use CS6 Premiere Pro

I'd like to upgrade with more ram and a proper video card to properly use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
    I have an imac version 10.6.8  Can I boost this mac.
    Hardware Overview:
      Model Name:          iMac
      Model Identifier:          iMac5,2
      Processor Name:          Intel Core 2 Duo
      Processor Speed:          1.83 GHz
      Number Of Processors:          1
      Total Number Of Cores:          2
      L2 Cache:          2 MB
      Memory:          2 GB
      Bus Speed:          667 MHz
      Boot ROM Version:          IM52.0090.B09
      SMC Version (system):          1.6f0
      Serial Number (system):          W86510LAWH5
      Hardware UUID:          00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F2CA47EB

Sorry, you have the maximum amount of RAM in your computer, as shown in the specs below. Also the video card can not be upgraded.
    Maximum Memory     2.0 GB
    Memory Slots     2 - 200-pin PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 SO-DIMM

• Can you add cut copy and paste icons to mail toolbar?

Can you add a cut, copy and paste icons to the mail toolbar in macmail?

I guess that these were considered such fundamental operations, each with an already existing variety of operations (mouse, keyboard, right-click, ctrl+c etc) that the Thunderbird devs didn't choose to replicate them again. Similarly, keyboard selection is relied upon a great deal in Thunderbird, rather than adding all the ugly (IMHO) checkboxes that now counterintuitively litter all Windows Explorer displays.
    So, if the devs expected you to use ctrl+right+shift to select the current text word by word, then ctrl+c to copy it, ctrl+x to cut it and ctrl+v to paste it would be quite natural, since your hands are already at the keyboard. Similarly, if you prefer to select by mouse, a right-click also offers options to copy, cut and paste, and there is also the possibility to drag selected text, serving cut and paste in one action. So it could be argued that there is no need for buttons.
    There used to be additional button add-ons for Thunderbird, but those that I know about don't appear to be under active maintenance and don't currently work with TB 31.0.
    You could build your own using a Custom Buttons add-on, but it isn't easy to find the appropriate function call to attach to your home-made buttons. :-(
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/custom-buttons/
    Here's the code you need if you try this add-on:
    cut: goDoCommand("cmd_cut")
    copy: goDoCommand("cmd_copy")
    paste: goDoCommand("cmd_paste")
    (taken from: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension:_Thunderbird )
    The tedious bit is finding suitable icons; the defaults are pretty but unhelpful coloured stars.

• Can you seamlessly switch between 9400/9600 graphic cards in Snow Leopard?

With newer MacBook/Pro's that have the integrated 9400 and 9600 graphic cards, Leopard has to log out to make the switch between them. Any word that this can be done without logging out? Nvidia had announced that technically speaking their GPU's do support it.
    Thanks.

It's irrelevant which GPU you are using. Choose the one better suited to what you normally do. If an application is capable of using OpenCL then it will. Not many currently available will. Newer versions once released may take advantage of the parallel processing ability.

• Can I install more RAM, and a bigger HD ?

Dear Mac users:
    i have a black macbook, 2GB of DDR2 RAM, 160GB 5400-rpm HD, 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I use my macbook only for music (Logic Studio). I was wondering if I bring my computer to the apple store, is it possible to upgrade these internal components ? like adding more RAM, a bigger HD, better processor, better sound card maybe. I wanted to buy an iMac G5, or a MacBook Pro, but did not have enough cash. Now that I've had my macbook for a litlle year, and saved some cash, I would really like to invest by upgrading my computer.
    Let me know the solutions I could have.
    Thanks !!
    Roman.

romektor wrote:
    What do you mean by end users ??
    The memory is easy to upgrade, although you're already at the "official" limit supported by Apple. As was said earlier, 3GB does work as experienced by others.
    The memory is easily upgraded with the only tools needed being a coin (to remove the battery) and a #00 (or #0) Phillips screwdriver to remove the RAM/HD shield. Apple considers the memory a user-upgradeable component. Most reasonably proficient people can do this themselves.
    The hard drive is almost as easy. The removal/installation steps are almost the same as the memory. It requires the two tools I mentioned previously, plus a T8 Torx screwdriver. Previous Apple notebook computers required extensive disassembly and their hard drives weren't considered to be user replaceable.
    The sound and memory aren't generally thought of as something that can be upgraded. Only the most serious hobbyists would even attempt it, and results are unpredictable. Someone with extensive lab experience might attempt it, and even an expert might not get it to all work.
    If I could use car terms, memory and the hard drive in a MacBook are like tires. Just get one in the right size and it's almost guaranteed to be compatible save rare issues. The processor is like an engine. You might try to put in a V8 into an I4 engine bay. It would require a whole lot of work, the results may look really nasty, and it may not even work in the end. It's generally accepted that a used computer with the specs you want would be more cost effective than trying to install a different notebook computer processor in the current box you have.

• HT1461 How can you make more 'Ram' available using bootcamp, on the windows side of things??

Hey, i recently bought an iMac 20.5' (i5) and it came with 4gb Ram
    I am a music producer but the program i use is windows based, so i got bootcamp, all that works fine
    but ive been working on a new song for a while now and the prgoram has an 'indicator' showing how much CPU usage % and ram is being used.
    it is now at 1956mb! which should efffect because i have 4gb! right!??.. no it says (in windows sytem) 2.3gb (available)....
    So i went out and bought an extra 4gb, followed the instructions and Ram went int easy!!. I log onto Mac and yep 8 GB Of RAM!!
    so then i log into windows (through bootcamp ofcourse) and still 2.3 gb available....
    anyone know if i can make more avaible?? or do i have to reinstall windows through bootcamp???
    Thankyou
    P.S. 32 but windows 7 is what i use

Windows installed using Boot Camp uses all your comptrer's resources.
    Windows 7 32 bit can only use about 3 GB of RAM. The limitation is that 32 bits can not address more than this. If you want to address and use more RAM then you need Windows 64 bit.

• Can you add more then one song to idvd slideshow?

i have a lot of images on a idvd slideshow and i need more then one song.. ive heard this same one for about 3 times! does anyone know if you can add more then one song to a slideshow??
    thanks in advance...
    keri

Create a Playlist in iTunes. Select that Playlist in the Audio section behind the Media button in iDVD '08.

• More Ram or X1900 Graphics Card?

I ordered my MacPro with the stadard graphics card and added 1Gb of Ram from Crucial. The question I have now is if I should opt for the upgraded graphics card (X1900) or an additional an additional GB of Ram?
    My main use for the computer is web site design/development, graphic design and personal use. Main programs are Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Word, and all of the iLife programs.
    I don't play many games on the system now but am interested in doing so (hense the graphic card consideration).
    So the question is... is the money best spent on the upgraded graphics card or Ram if I were to buy in the next couple of weeks?

I would put better graphic card at the bottom of the list with RAM and disk drives (and backups) coming first. You can also do graphics card later, but you might benefit from another 2-4GB RAM; couple hard drives to work with.
    Getting optimized drivers for graphic cards can also take time, up to a year in some cases, so I wouldn't be in a rush, you aren't doing 3D games or environments. If you do the others and still feel like it, definitely. Or wait for the next video upgrade. I expect some "games" like X-Plane will take full advantage of a 512MB card, and 1GB are on the horizon.
    Now if you were using Motion or something that is more highly dependent on the X1900, or if CS3 off loads some of the work to GPU. Supposedly HD quality is one of its selling points.
    Mac Pro 2GHz 2GB WD Raptor/Caviar RE 320   Mac OS X (10.4.7)  

• Can you add more apple loops to ipad for GB?

i know how to add loops and wav files via itunes but does apple/garageband have anywhere other apple loops like those that come already loaded in garageband?
    thank you

brmibo wrote:
    Is It Possible To Add A Phine Number To iMessage WITHOUT an iPhone????
    No, the only phone number you can add to iMessages is an iPhone number tied to the same Apple ID. However, as Jim explained, you don't need a number in iMessages to contact other iOS users. If you are not receiving messages from other iOS users, the problem is NOT the lack of a number.
    You do seem a little confused about how the iMessages works. People will message you at your Apple ID (which may well be the same as your primary email address). However, the messages appear in the Messages app, not your email. No checking of email is required. You will, of course, have to check the Messages app.

• Can you add new camera and lenses to lens correction profile module

I refer to Lightroom version 3.6.  I have purchased a panasonic-gx1 plus 14-42mm & 45-175mm lenses and would like to add the lens profiles to the lens correction module.  Appreciate if someone could let me know if this possible?

The GX1 is supported on 3.6.
    If the lens profiles you need are not available in 3.6 use can use the downloader to check for availability or create by yourself.
    Read here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator/

• Can i add more fields and change colours?/

Hi this is probably a very simple question, with iCal at the moment i have three fields for appointments which are home/work/calendar. I can't find a way of adding more fields or changing the colours. Can it be done???

Yes it can be done in iCal. On the bottom of the screen you will see a + sign. Click on that and a new calendar will show up in your list.
    To change calendar names or colors, right click on the checkbox for the desired calendar and a new pop up window will come up. From there you can rename the calendar or change it's color designation.

• Can you add more than one email address? If so how?

I have only my one gmail account and I would like to add another account that is also gmail but professional. Any help?

Yes, on any Mac. It is unclear exactly what you are trying to do with your Gmail accounts. Do you want mail, contacts, calendar etc to sync?
    You can also enter your Gmail account in System Preferences > Internet Accounts. You can check options in the window to sync after adding.
    BTW, asking in on MacBook Air forum is how to get answers that are specific to the Air, but if you have questions about how to use your Mac, ask on the forums for the OS X you have installed. For example if you have Mavericks 10.9. installed, ask on the Mavericks forum.
    Find answers and ask new questions
    https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5951

• Can  you add more than one google calendar to ipad?

Is it possible to add a second users google calendar to ipad and switch the default back and forth? I have set up a second google email address and can switch to which is the default but cant see how to do it with calendars? If not possible, then how can I remove/replace the default calendar set on it now?

I wanted to create a sound effect of toy car hitting the wall. I just used the built in microphone and recorded my hand hitting the table. My hits were a bit out of sinc with the movie (the car hits the wall, backs up, then hits again and again. My slapping noises did not match up. I tried to go in and cut up the sounds so I could move them. This did not appear to be possible. I could "trim" it but not cut out individual sounds. Can this be done?
    Thanks

Maybe you are looking for

• Using my US AT&T iPad2 with a European sim card

I have an AT&T iPad 2 which has already been activated and used here. I would like to purchase a European sim for the iPad for use in Italy, France, and Spain over a 2 week period with good coverage. Has anyone done this and not had to have along the

• Portability with MS VM: ClassNotFoundException

All jittery and fizzing with excitement, I uploaded my first non-trivial Java applet here: http://home.sc.rr.com/doradus/bzar.html It works fine on my computer, from either Netscape or IE 6. However, the people with whom I intended to share the apple

• Help Identifying Font

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/slowracer1/font.jpg http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/slowracer1/font2.jpg - Thanks for the help

• IPod 5th Gen Won't Connect to Chargers

So I've had my iPod 5th gen with iOS 7.1.2 for a little over a year now, and recently I noticed it wouldn't connect to any chargers I had. I went online and bought a brand new lightning cable to find that that would not work either. Then I read about

• Wow when did Adobe customer service get so crap?

So transferring a license. Registered to seller Seller wants to transfer I want to recieve should be simple right? Now adobe have suddenly changed their rules so sellers have to show proof of purchase- having it registered is not enough. In this case