CFDebug says, "widget: Firing selection change event for tree id: t1"

How do I capture this event and code against it.  Previously used this code to trap click event:
YAHOO.example.onTreeViewAvailble = function() {
  var curTree=ColdFusion.Tree.getTreeObject('t1');
  curTree.subscribe("labelClick", function(node) {  
   TreeItemClick(1,node.data.id)
  When the tree becomes available (ie. after the page loads),
  this code will run the code above this.
  "t1"- tree name in the cftree tag
YAHOO.util.Event.onAvailable("t1", YAHOO.example.onTreeViewAvailble); 
I am obviously not an expert with the Yahoo widgets, but I'm learning.
This stopped working for some reason.  However the CFDebug consistently shows the subject event happening on every mouse click.  I'd rather just use that.  Any ideas?

Roy, have you tried to reduce the complexity of your user case?
Try your use case with a simple page without a region in it first and see if you get the eating them. If yes add a region to your page and verify you get the result you expect. Only then add the portal stuff.
This will help to narrow down the error.
Timo

Similar Messages

• How to generate selection change event through code in JTree?

I am developing an application which downloads the file from other system and adds it into the tree. On selecting any file in the tree I m displaying it's contents. But now i am trying to display the contents of downloaded file as soon as it's download completes. Here i am not getting the way to how to generate the event as the download completes, because i tried that setSelectionPath(TreePath path), but it also don't generates the selection change event. Is there any other way to do so?

Put null in place of oldLeadSelectionPath. From the API for TreeSelectionEvent:
    protected TreePath     oldLeadSelectionPath:
    leadSelectionPath before the paths changed, may be null.
    I'm at the office and can't try out anything, so please let me know whether that works for you.
    db
    edit Or it may be easier to put all code from your valueChanged (...) override in a new method and invoke that method both from valueChanged (...) and wherever else you need.
    Edited by: Darryl.Burke

• How to change images of selected items in gridview on selection changed event in universal app

Hi,
    I am developing Universal App. I have bind the images to the Gridview using ObservableCollection. I have set gridview
    SelectionMode as Multiple . I want to change the images of selected items but I don't know how to do in Selection Changed event of Gridview. I got selected items with the help of
    Gridview SelectedItems property. How can i change the images of respected selected items?
    Please reply me asap.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi, Sorry for late reply,
    Please change the class : 
    public class ImageCollection : INotifyPropertyChanged
    private string source;
    public string Source
    get { return source; }
    set { SetProperty(ref source, value); }
    public int MyProperty { get; set; }
    protected void SetProperty<T>(ref T storage, T value, [System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName] String propertyName = null)
    if (!object.Equals(storage, value))
    storage = value;
    if (PropertyChanged != null)
    PropertyChanged(this, new PropertyChangedEventArgs(propertyName));
    protected void RaisePropertyChanged([System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallerMemberName] String propertyName = null)
    if (PropertyChanged != null)
    PropertyChanged(this, new PropertyChangedEventArgs(propertyName));
    public event PropertyChangedEventHandler PropertyChanged;
    XAML
    <GridView x:Name="gd"
    Tapped="gd_Tapped">
    <GridView.ItemTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
    <Grid Height="300" Width="250">
    <Image Source="{Binding Source}" Stretch="Fill"/>
    <Grid Height="100" Background="#B2000000" VerticalAlignment="Bottom">
    <TextBlock Text="{Binding MyProperty}" FontSize="25" />
    </Grid>
    </Grid>
    </DataTemplate>
    </GridView.ItemTemplate>
    </GridView>
    C#
    //ObservableCollection of class
    ObservableCollection<ImageCollection> img = new ObservableCollection<ImageCollection>();
    public MainPage()
    this.InitializeComponent();
    img.Add(new ImageCollection() { MyProperty = 1, Source = "ms-appx:///Assets/Logo.scale-100.png" });
    img.Add(new ImageCollection() { MyProperty = 2, Source = "ms-appx:///Assets/2.jpg" });
    img.Add(new ImageCollection() { MyProperty = 3, Source = "ms-appx:///Assets/3.jpg" });
    img.Add(new ImageCollection() { MyProperty = 4, Source = "ms-appx:///Assets/4.jpeg" });
    gd.ItemsSource = img;
    private void gd_Tapped(object sender, TappedRoutedEventArgs e)
    GridView gv = (GridView)sender;
    ImageCollection ic = gv.SelectedItem as ImageCollection;
    ic.Source = "ms-appx:///Assets/4.jpeg";
    gv.UpdateLayout();
    I have used  INotifyPropertyChanged now UI is not fluctuate 
    and I have not bind again O-Collection.
    I hope so You will get right answer. 
    shah

• When i select an event for move to trash, it doesn't appear in the trash to be emptied. where is it?

I have iMovie 10.0.4. When I select an event for 'move to trash' it doesn't appear in the trash to be emptied there. Where is it?

Thanks for the reply, have checked and that seems to be the problem, I have plugged in my ipad and the missing app has appeared.

• Data change Event for Information Broadcasting

Hello Forum
    This is regarding problem with "Data change Event for Information Broadcasting".
    We have integrated the evening in a separate chain which is scheduled after the transaction data load.
    In the settings for the event we have mentioned the infoprovider name based on which the reports are to be distributed.
    Now, when the process chain is executed it does not distributes any reports though the data is changed in the infoprovider.
    However when executed again its distributing it,any ideas what the problem is ?
    Regards
    Ashish

Hi,
    Check out the t.code  RSRD_LOG.
    have a check at the below link for monitoring via email
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/5b2341144ba52fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

• [svn:osmf:] 17497: Fix FM-933: ProxyMetadata doesn' t dispatch change events for its initially set inner metadata.

Revision: 17497
    Revision: 17497
    Author:   [email protected]
    Date:     2010-08-27 09:58:09 -0700 (Fri, 27 Aug 2010)
    Log Message:
    Fix FM-933: ProxyMetadata doesn't dispatch change events for its initially set inner metadata.
    Ticket Links:
        http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FM-933
    Modified Paths:
        osmf/trunk/framework/OSMF/org/osmf/elements/LoadFromDocumentElement.as
        osmf/trunk/framework/OSMF/org/osmf/elements/ProxyElement.as
        osmf/trunk/framework/OSMF/org/osmf/elements/proxyClasses/ProxyMetadata.as
        osmf/trunk/framework/OSMFTest/org/osmf/elements/TestProxyElement.as

• Handling event for Tree Control Collapse

Hi,
    Can any one suggest how to handle an event for 'Tree Node Collapse' . I have checked with all the exised tree events.
    thanks,
    Venu

Hi Venugopal,
        If you are doing tree control programmin then i can suggest you a approach for tree node collapse and expand.
    for doing this follow these steps.
    1. create a toolbar (use class cl_gui_toolbar), add a button and assign a FCODE to it.
    2. here you register the following the event for the toolbar.
    gs_event-eventid = cl_gui_toolbar=>m_id_function_selected.
    3. here you set the handler for the toolbar events
      SET HANDLER  gref_application->handle_function_selected
                FOR  gref_toolbar.
    4. now in your class for gref_application you write a definition and implementation.
    definition
    handle_function_selected FOR EVENT handle_function_selected OF cl_gui_toolbar IMPORTING fcode.
    implementation
    CASE fcode.
       when 'collapse'.
          CALL METHOD xref_tree->collapse_all_nodes.
    this method might change depending upon the class you use for creating the tree.
    i hope this will help you.
    in case of clarification do get back to me.
    regards,
    Kinshuk Saxena
    PS mark helpful answers

• Spark Datagrid Selection change Event

starting to work with the spark datagrid.
    I want to send off a web service using the values of a row right after they get done editing the row and leave it.
    No more change event that I can see like MX and gridItemEditorSessionSaveHandler kicks on every tab between cells
    if I use event.currentTarget.selectedItem
    Selection Change gives me the new row.
    Selection Changing only kicks with mouse row changes not tabs
    Suggestions?
    I want to register the row with both mouse (on a numeric stepper) and tab(for text fields) events.
    Thanks
    Dan Pride

Hi Dan,
    Try valueCommit event handler, but I'm not 100% sure that is triggered upon dataProvider data changes.
    Another way is to listen for changes in the dataProvider variable.

• LV7: how to catch 'Value change' event for cursor position in XY graph?

I try to catch an event when the cursor position of a graph's cursor
    changes. I created a reference for the cursor array and registered a dynamic
    event 'Value change' for it. The event does not fire when the cursor changes
    (either by dragging it with the mouse or by direct entry of a new value in
    the cursor's X or Y fields. In contrast, when I register e.g. the 'Mouse Up'
    event for the cursor array, the event IS detected.
    -Franz

So this is the same behaviour as that of a regular control which also does
    not fire a 'Value changed' event when it gets updated by e.g. writing to a
    local.
    At least the cursor's behavior is consistent then...
    But unfortunately also the direct user interaction with the cursor's numeric
    field does not fire the event, which is NOT consistent.
    I was trying to catch cursor changes in my event loop and had used a 'Mouse
    Up' event of the graph indicator to look for cursor changes (whose last
    position I had kept in a local or shift reg). In order not to miss a direct
    user interaction in the numeric field I added the dynamic event 'Value
    change' to the same event case, but with no success, it missed the direct
    entry ...
    according to what you say this seems to b
    e a bug then...
    -Franz
    "Greg McKaskle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]..
    > > I try to catch an event when the cursor position of a graph's cursor
    > > changes. I created a reference for the cursor array and registered a
    dynamic
    > > event 'Value change' for it. The event does not fire when the cursor
    changes
    > > (either by dragging it with the mouse or by direct entry of a new value
    in
    > > the cursor's X or Y fields. In contrast, when I register e.g. the 'Mouse
    Up'
    > > event for the cursor array, the event IS detected.
    > >
    >
    > The reason is that value change events fire when user action directly on
    > the control changes its value. They do not fire when other programmatic
    > value changes occur. If you are looking at a value change on the cursor
    > palette, user interaction with the numeric should fire it, but updates
    > due to cursor movement are more like programmatic updates.
    >
    > Additional events will likely be added in future
    releases, and these may
    > make it easier to catch cursor movement events on a graph.
    >
    > Greg McKaskle
    >

• How to block lead selection change in a tree ?

Hi Guys,
    <u>Scenario</u>
    I have MasterTree - DetailEditor pair. <i>MasterTree</i> is used to visit some tree-structured data and <i>DetailEditor</i> is used to edit currently selected tree node.
    <u>Requirement</u>
    If currently selected node data is updated through <i>DetailEditor</i> and needs to be saved, than on a subsequent tree selection change the user should be warned about unsaved data.
    <u>Implementation</u>
    In <b>onAction</b> event handler of <i>MasterTree</i> I check whether last selected node data is updated and needs to be saved and if this is the case rollback <i>treeSelection</i> to that node. On the time <b>onAction</b> event handler is called the tree selection is changed from the node that needs save to the newly selected node. In order to rollback <i>treeSelection</i> I need to introduce variable referencing last selected tree node.
    <u>Question</u>
    Is there any other technique to implement above scenario without using additional variable and manually rollback <i>treeSelection</i> ? For example, to plug in WDP framework on validation step just before lead selection is changed.
    Thanks in advance

Alex,
    Here is a link to the phase model of WD:
    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b8/cd96edb9c8794aa362e6e8b4236a1f/frameset.htm
    There aren't any hooks provided prior to the event handlers being called. As far as I can tell, the way you are handling it is the only way that will work.
    -Cindy

• On change event for dropdown box

Hello,
    we have created view using EEWB as assignmentment block with some fields as dropdown.
    I want to change the dropdown values from second dropdown depend upon the first dropdown value.
    there no event firing on chaging the values from first dropdown list.
    I checked all methods do_handle_event, do_prepare_output and all setter methods including the set/get_v_struct. but still no luck.
    does anybody having any idea,  how to raise the event on value change from the first dropdown list.
    thanks
    Tim

Hello Tim,
    And in GET_V of the attribute serving as dropdown you defined an event?
    * Set the type of the field:  dropdown menu
       CASE iv_property.
        WHEN if_bsp_wd_model_setter_getter=>fp_fieldtype.
          rv_value = cl_bsp_dlc_view_descriptor=>field_type_picklist.
        WHEN if_bsp_wd_model_setter_getter=>fp_onclick.
          rv_value = 'select'.
      ENDCASE.
    Best Regards,
    Yevgen

• Firing Properties Changed Event

I have a large program that uses a properties file. The user can edit this in the program. I would like this to fire some kind of event to a number of classes to tell them that the properties have changed, instead of making the user close and re-open the program for these changes to take effect.
    The changes are done in a method called updateSettings() and I'd like this method to broadcast the events. But the class this method is in doesn't know about the classes that I want 'updated'. I think I have to make these classes subscribe to some kind of listener. I've looked at PropertyChangeListener, and it looks like it might be ok, but my code doesn't use JavaBeans and I don't know how to. Usually I would do a bunch of reading but I don't have much time to get this job done so any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Thank you both for your replies ^_^
    The Observable-Observer wasn't really what I was after. But those articles on event generation were helpful. My lazy brain was in gear this morning (unlike last night when I posted in this forum!) so I was able to get it all to work. I'd never made my own events before, so I have learned something too, and it didn't take me too long which is a bonus.
    gives out dukes

• Include a message saying that please select the values for parameter/prompt

Hi,
    We need to put in a message just below Parameters/Prompts saying that "Kindly fill in the above parameters and then Click on Apply to run the report" so that end users know what to do.
    Any ideas how to do that.
    As of now i have inserted a Text Item in Report Layout, but that doesnt look good.
    Thanks
    Ashish

Thanks Vijay.
    Can we make use of subtemplates in the Layout Editor that comes with BI Publisher 11g?
    Cause all the sites show the use of subtemplates using microsoft word rtf.
    And i tried using subtemplates in Layout Editor of 11g and have not been successful so far..
    Thanks
    Ashish

• Collapse event for Tree GUIBB

Hi experts,
    I am implementing a tree GUIBB. I need to react on a collapse event of one single node within the tree. ( The content of the row should change depending whether the code is expanded or collapsed).
    The only event that can be fired in thie case is a Lead of selection event without meaningful information, to react on the selected tree node.
    Is this a bug in the Tree GUIBB or a limitation?
    Dow have any ideas how to solve this issue?
    kind regards,
          Sahla

Hi experts,
    I found the answer to my problem.
    The  value of the column with column_type if_fpm_guibb_constants=>gc_guibb_tree_columns-expanded. is changed from outside in ct_data!!
    ct_data is a parameter of get_data.
    Therefore we have the information and we can react.
    kind regards,
         Sahla

• Save last selected and state for Tree Component?

I have a Tree component that refreshes its data everytime I
    open the Tab containing it (doing a SQL call to return an index of
    models). The problem is that everytime the dataProvider changes (a
    new one overwrites the old one) with databinding, even if the data
    is exactly the same, it loses its old state and selected node. Is
    there any way to save this state/selected node when the
    dataProvider updates?

good article on all aspects of trees including your issue.
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/quickstart/working_with_tree/

Maybe you are looking for