Does the Adobe Camera Raw support Canon Rebel T5

I have recently learned about RAW images and I am trying it out.  I have Photoshop Elements 12 and when I tried to upload the photo into Adobe Camera Raw it wouldn't upload.  What do I need to do in order to be able to edit my RAW images

Yes,it does.
FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?
Your camera requires ACR 8.4.
PSE12 was shipped with ACR 8.0 and can be updated to 8.5.
Go to the menu Help/Update to get the latest version.
If that does not work, what is your OS version?

Similar Messages

• When will Adobe Camera Raw support the new Nikon D3S?

Just putting my friendly nudge in

You could check in the Adobe Camera Raw forum.
    Camera Raw forum.
    (Nudge nudge, wink wink.)

• Camera Raw for Canon Rebel T1i

Hi,
    Just bought the Rebel as a backup camera, I shot a few test shots in Raw format. I have Photoshop CS3, 4 and 5. I went to open the image and in each  case a message came up stating that photoshop does not reconize this type of image. Now, I have a  Canon 5D and I also do retouching work for a friend who has the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark 111 and raw images from these two cameras open just fine. Has Canon changed the raw format for the rebel and if so, what upgrade do I need?
    thanks

Canon changes the RAW format with EVERY camera they release.
    Yes, you need to update the Adobe Camera RAW plugin.

• I am trying to download the Adobe Camera Raw 7.1 upgrade for CS6.  The files will not unzip.

I am trying to download the Adobe Camera Raw 7.1 upgrade.  The zipped files download, but when I try to extract the zipped files, I get an error message saying that there is already a file with the same name as the folder name I specified, and that I should specify a different name.  The four zipped components are META-INF [Folder], payloads [Folder], AdobePatchInstaller [Application file\, and payloads [File].  Evidently, there is a conflict between the payloads folder and the payloads file, but I cannot be sure.  All filenames came from the download.

Are you using CS6 applications ? Camera Raw 7.1 is only compatible with CS6 applications. Try this as mentioned on http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5391
    For Photoshop CS6 and Creative Suite 6 customers, we recommend that you install Camera Raw 7.1 by selecting Updates from the Help menu and follow the on-screen dialogs to download and install the latest available Camera Raw update. You can also click the link below to download an installer that replaces the existing Camera Raw plug-in with Camera Raw 7.1 for all CS6 applications.
    Thanks
    Nikhil

• I need to get the Adobe Camera Raw to convert my Raw shots to jpeg.  Do I buy Photoshop CS6 or Photoshop CC?  I am not a professional photographer and am only using photoshop sparingly.

I need to get the Adobe Camera Raw to convert my Raw shots to jpeg.  Do I buy Photoshop CS6, Photoshop CC or can I just get simply the ACR?  I am not a professional photographer and am only using photoshop sparingly.  I currently have an old version of Photoshop, the Photoshop CS4.  Thanks.

The program would stop, but the files would remain on your computer. Before stopping, you could do a batch convert to tiff or png, with a strong recommendation for tiff. Png only support transparency whereas tiff supports layers, live type, transparency, etc.
    Keep in mind the app you open the tiff file in may not support all of those features, but it could if they tried.
    The psd files I would backup to a cd or dvd before removing for space, but if you have the room, keep them as some apps do support psd files.
    Best part is when you are ready, you can start your subscription again and use all of those files once again.

• I would like to convert a 100 pages PDF document to xls. Does the Adobe ExportPDF tool support this?

Does the Adobe ExportPDF toll support the conversion of 100 pages?

Your file should convert.  Please see our FAQ for more info about ExportPDF's limitations: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1515

• Does Camera Raw support Canon G9?

Appreciate any help with this problem: My new Canon G9 raw files (.CR2's) are not recognized by Bridge 4.1.
    Windows XP, SP2
    Just installed CS3 Master Collection including:
    Bridge 2.1.0.100
    Camera Raw 4.1
    Bridge wont show Raw thumbs -- only "CR2" icons.
    Have downloaded and replaced Camera Raw 4.1 Plug-In (with "Camera Raw.8bi) into correct folder several times:
    Common Files/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats" per Adobe instructions
    Reopened Bridge and it still wont show images -- only "CR2" icons. Note that .JPG's are opened in Camera Raw.
    Went to tools and Purged the Cache - no change
    When I double click on the preview, Photoshop opens with a message:
    "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document"
    I really need help on this one.
    Thanks and Cheers,
    Neal

David,
    The G9 support is unofficial, that's true.
    However ACR is not designed to emulate the results from the Canon in-camera conversion at all, and the defaults are nothing but a starting point.
    This has been covered ad nauseam here. Please do a forum search.
    Camera manufacturers, Canon and Nikon in particular, perform in-camera RAW to JPEG conversions designed to generate the over-saturated, over-contrasty and over-sharpened images that appeal to most amateurs.
    Their stand-alone RAW conversion software also performs the same conversion to your RAW images.
    Noise is also hidden by compressing the shadows so you don't see much of the noise inherent in the image.
    Adobe Camera Raw, ACR, on the other hand, comes with default settings designed to give you the most detail possible (even if this sometimes means revealing some of the noise hidden by the camera manufacturers in their RAW conversion software), as well as the most natural images.
    That being said, you can calibrate your camera to ACR and come up with your own settings to produce exactly what you want, including the JPEG-look of the camera manufacturer, and save that as your profile.
    The key is to learn how to use ACR properly and to calibrate your camera to ACR.
    CLICK HERE for some essential reading. A new edition revised by Jeff Schewe for CS3 and ACR 4.x will be out in October.
    The ACR defaults are nothing more than a suggested starting point.
    The color temperature won't necessarily match either.

• Why are no Pentax lenses in the Adobe Camera Raw lens profiles when processing JPG files?

I normally shoot and process raw files and use the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw for processing. Some of these files are converted to jpg for use on the net or e-mailing etc. Sometimes I want to make minor changes to the now converted jpg file and often go to Adobe Camera Raw for ease and speed of use. Lately I have gone back to some files that were not thoroughly processed as raw files before conversion to jpg. When, in ACR, I go to Lens Corrections panel, Profile tab, I Enable Lens Profile Corrections and choose Setup: Auto (or Default) and get the message, "Unable to locate a matching lens profile automatically".
    I then go down to Lens Profile and click on Make with the intention of choosing the Pentax lens which I used for the photo. Here is the problem - there are only six choices under make, namely Apple, Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Sony and Tamron. I have no such issues when processing a raw file in Adobe Camera Raw. Pentax lenses are automatically detected and Pentax, along with Leica, Samsung, Zeiss, etc. are choices under Make of lens.
    Do other people have this problem? Is there some setting I have missed? Is Adobe just not permitting some makers' lenses, for which there are profiles, to be corrected if the files are jpgs?
    BTW, I have checked and the same issues exist for tiff files opened in ACR.

Assuming I read your post correctly, and that you're trying to use Lens corrections on JPEGs and TIFFs...  I believe there's a completely different set of profiles for correcting already "developed" images (such as JPEGs and TIFFs).  If I recall correctly (and it's been a while since I read about this), it's the same set that's used inside Photoshop for the Filter - Lens Correction tool (I hope someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read this somewhere).
    If your lenses are known to Camera Raw when you develop raw files, I suggest you will need to go all the way back to your Raw file and reprocess it from that stage.  You'll get a better result anyway.
    -Noel

• Tiger & Camera RAW for Canon Rebel XT (350D)

I'm trying to find out WHEN Apple will update either iPhoto or Tiger (presumably the latter) so that it natively reads Camera RAW for the Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D).
    I've looked on both Canon's and Apple's site with no luck other than to find what I already know (that it's not yet supported). Has anyone heard rumor as to when support for this format might be forthcoming?
    I already have Adobe CS2, so I have RAW support. The reason I want iPhoto to support RAW is so I can use the slideshow and "book" features without having to process my RAW photos into JPEG first (I have enough space on my Powerbook's hard-drive used up by RAW's already - I don't want duplicate files).

Well, I can't make iPhoto support XT RAW, nor can I tell you when it will. I do, however, have a workaround - if you have PhotoShop (may also work in Elements).
    Get Dr Brown's Image Processor (free photoshop script) here:
    http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html
    This works with CS1 and is apparently built into the latest version of PS.
    It gives you complete control over your RAW processing and then batch processes the files to JPEG (and/or TIFF and/or PSD). THe processed jpegs can then be imported into iPhoto. I have been doing it this way since long before iPhoto supported any type of RAW format.
    iPhoto is great, and it is nice that they added RAW support. However, if you really want to shoot RAW on a regular basis, iPhoto is not the best choice to process your files. It does a good job, but a tool like PhotoShop (or the program that comes with your camera) provides a much higher level of control - which is supposed to be the point of shooting RAW. If you just want most of the settings to be "automatic" then you may as well shoot jpeg (which is actually a RAW file that the camera processes for you).
    After doing that, you can save the RAW "originals" to CD/DVD/etc. to save space. If you really want to protect yourself, convert a set to DNG (Adobe's new digital negative format) and archive those as well. With all the different RAW formats floating around now, you never know what will be supported in the future. (Imagine trying to run iPhoto in "ClassicX mode" on your OS XXX system machine because none of the tools 25 years from now support the "ancient" Rebel XT RAW format!)
    --Joe

• Why do my raws look different when I view them in Adobe Bridge/Adobe Camera Raw and Canons Digital P

Hello all,
    I am sorta new to taking Raw photographs and I have been been using Adobe Bridge/Camera Raw to edit. When I take my photos (I am using a Canon t2i) I have it set to save a raw and a jpg. When I view these images in Adobe Bridge/Camera Raw I notice a clear difference in the jpg and raw (I understand the whole concept behind raw vs. jpg. so im not questioning why one looks different) It is obvious all the adjustments that were applied to my jpg. vs the natural raw.  My question is: When I view the same two images in the software that came with my camera, canon digital photo professionals, the canon and raw look almost identical.... My assumption is that canon is applying the same "adjustments" to my raw as it did to the jpgs?  Has anyone used these two programs and noticed this?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Michelle

Can't say I'm an expert on DPP myself either.  I've only run it a few times myself.
    If you're seeing Photoshop freeze just by looking at the File Info tab, that's certainly not expected and you should start a tread specifically to discuss that.  The forum may be able to help you get that working.
    I happen to like the color my camera delivers in its embedded JPEGs (which I use to quickly review shots via IrfanView).  Starting with that color in Camera Raw by default just feels very natural and integrated.
    Without a specific custom profile to help you with the task, here's my suggestions for the next best thing:
    1.  Take an image with a range of different colors in it.
    2.  Open the embedded JPEG also using whatever means you have to do so.
    3.  Open it also in Camera Raw and make sure you're using the Camera Raw default parameters.
    4.  Go into the Camera Calibration tab (little camera icon), and choose the Camera Standard profile as provided by Adobe.
    5.  Tweak the various sliders so as to match the color between what you're seeing in the JPEG and Camera Raw.
    6.  Save new Camera Raw defaults.
    Some notes:
    Make sure you leave the White Balance on As Shot, since storing a specific white balance is probably not going to be helpful.
    Test your settings and repeat the above to tweak them as needed using other images.
    Keep in mind that not every application does proper color-management.  IrfanView can be set up to do so, and I don't recall whether you have to tweak a default setting to make it do that or not (it's been a while).
    Hope this helps!
    -Noel

• Does Elements 11 Camera RAW support Nikon D4 files?

Does the Camera RAW tool that comes with Elements version 11 support editing Nikon D4 RAW files?  Thanks.

I cannot verify it personally, but PSE11 ships with ACR 7.1 and the readme for ACR 7.1 says it newly supports the D4:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5391

• Camera Raw CS4 Canon Rebel T3i update?

Is there an update to Camera Raw (CS4!) for the Canon EOS Rebel T3i?
    Or, is there an equivelant method for opening CR2 files in PS CS4?
    Can I update to Camera Raw 6.4.1 (which is when it started support for the Canon Rebel T3i) with CS4?

Once a new verson of PS comes out camera raw is not updated, and the old version is not suppported.
    Also, you have to stay with the ACR for each version, which is one number higher than the PS version.  So for CS4 you have to stay with ACR 5.x
    You options are to upgrade to current version so you can use ACR 7.x or download the free current DNG converter.  Currently the DNG converter is 7.1 which is the same as ACR 7.1.

• More Usable Image Detail - Adobe Camera Raw Beats Canon DPP

Let me start with a question:
    When you do your raw conversions, do you convert to an image that's got the same number of pixels as your camera's imager has photosites?
    If so, why?  I ask because I'm convinced that - with modern software - to get the most usable detail out of a raw image one should convert directly to an upsampled size.  You might think that in trying to get "more megapixels from the same camera" I'm just fooling myself, but again and again when I look at the problem of maximizing the output from existing equipment (which, face it, is everyone's goal, no matter how good the equipment) I keep seeing that there is an advantage to selecting from the upsampled resolutions in Camera Raw.  Of course, the computer must be up to handling the additional data.
    In actual terms, my Canon 40D has 3888 x 2592 photosites (plus some guard pixels around the edges) making 10 megapixels, yet I find converting to 6144 x 4096 (25 megapixels) to be advantageous - ESPECIALLY when I use my sharpest lenses.
    I happened to be doing a head to head comparison between Canon 50mm f/1.8 and Canon 50mm f/1.4 lenses, and the difference between the two appeared pretty subtle - UNTIL I converted to the aforementioned upsampled resolution, and then the more expensive f/1.4 lens clearly stepped ahead.  There was simply extra detail I hadn't been seeing clearly at the native pixel size of the camera's imager, but which stood out clearly at the larger size.
    This reaffirmed my previous observations that conversion directly to upsampled resolutions in Camera Raw brings out additional detail.
    This screen grab shows part of the converted image, as produced by DPP and Camera Raw, both at 6144 x 4096 pixels as produced by the converters and displayed at 100% zoom.  Note that the detail (e.g., in the terrain) is finer and more real looking in the Camera Raw conversion, while the DPP image seems to have more sharpening artifacts.
    If you're interested in experimenting to see how much detail you can lift out of this same image, the raw file is here:
    http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/temp/IMG_5400.zip
    I don't have a copy of any other converters, for example Capture 1, to see how they'd do.
    -Noel

Noel Carboni wrote:
    Hudechrome wrote:
    I hope that Noel will offer results that compare the Canon RAW in ACR with both resolutions as well.
    Not sure I follow you completely...  Just to be clear, can you lay out what "both resolutions" means?  I'll be more than happy to go through different processes and present comparison images - I just want to be sure I understand just what you're asking for.
    Oh, and you're right - some subjectivity necessarily will appear here.  I might just like the "look" of one process while you prefer the "look" of another.
    Lastly, one of my workflows involves sharpening images with my own fractal sharpening actions, and I am testing to see which converter process output produces the best result from that as well.
    -Noel
    I had to read that twice to make sure I knew what it meant!
    What I am trying to say is to show the results of both converters in the native resolution and the 25M upsampled.resolution.
    On another note, I have been playing around with the details of noise and sharpening in DXO and ACR, looking at 300%. It's both good and bad. If you are willing to mess with the ACR settings at 300%, then ACR has the edge, even comparing to manual tweaks in DXO. They do correctly optimize, however, except that point isn't as good as ACR. The depressing point is all the tweaking to do on an individual basis. Can you imagine tweaking 100 or more images that way? Then you get to move over to other corrections.
    We are splitting tiny hairs here, and the bottom line is if you are going to make 30x40 prints from a given file, you may want to use ACR all the way and bite the bullet. If the Auto corrections for the lens employed in ACR is well done, as it seems for my Nikon 18 to 105, the workload is relaxed.
    Finally, the ACR corrected image will need final sharpening at higher values than the DXO, and at that point, they come together a bit more...sharpening anomalys and all that.
    The final fuss levels takes me back to my 8x10 days, where these kinds of determinations (max quality level) takes place under the focusing cloth, and deliberate selection of POV is carefully considered. Today, it's in front of the monitor. But instead of a few sheets of film to process, we have 100's to do.
    I thoroughly enjoy working with the files on the computer, but not so much having to deal with less than optimum technical details right out of the camera. Barrel distortion? Hasselblad was not satisfied with the "normal" corrections in it's general optics, which were damn good, so came out with the 100mm Planar that was awesome! All they gave up was max aperture, and picked the FL at a value that provided for the best corrections. So I recall anyway.
    Why should we be required to do these kinds of post corrections? Digital editing involves throwing away information, and ther appears to be enough so that correcting these deficiencies still gives a wonderful image. Just imagine what it would be like if all you need to do is to open the file and adjust values to taste, with all that information density available exclusively for that part. You don't even need to use a focusing magnifier!
    Gotta run!
    Lawrence

• Does PSE 12 camera raw support my Fuji X-T1 camera?

I get the following error message when trying to view a camera raw file from my Fuji X-T1 in PSE 12:
    "Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of camera raw." The installed version of camera raw on my PSE 12 is 8.0.
    I am, however, able to view my Fuji X-T1 camera raw files in Lightroom CC (ver 5.4). Is that because the current version of Lightroom has an updated version of camera raw, which my PSE does not? Can I get Version 8.4 Camera Raw for PSE 12?

From Expert Mode click the menu:
    Help >> Updates
    Install the camera raw 8.4 update

• Does Adobe Camera raw support Panasonic FZ150?

Purchasing new FZ150 and have Elements 9 - can I translate raw from this camera in Elements?

The patch for elements should also be in that file.
    For PSE 9, you should be able to start the editor ang go to Help -> Updates
    That should automatically apply the patch.
    Brian

Maybe you are looking for

• Question about monitors

Im trying to find a good monitor to use at home for Graphic Design, Web Design and 3D animation. I have 2 x 20" Samsung displays that are only 1600x900 res.  I found a couple of brands that Im considering but would like feedback if anyone has used or

• Where can I find video training to make animated GIF images?

I would like to get more info on how to make animated GIF images with my Photoshop for my WordPress blog here  http://www.getfreewordpressthemesnow.com

• Drop shadow blur issue

Hi, we have come across an issue using Illustrator drop shadows with a large blur. What seems to happen is that Illustrator expands the box size and after fading the shadow to nothing it seems to fade back to the colour. To try create a box with a co

• Fetching data from two tables

Hi friends, I've two similar tables A and B with one more column in table B that is "Active Flag". Table A Rowid----Fname----Lname 101-----AF1----------AL1 102----AF2-----------AL2 103-----AF3---------AL3 104-----AF4---------AL4 Table B Rowid-----Fna

• S200 With 64 Bit Windows - No Drivers

I just bought an S200 which comes stock with 4Gig of Ram. So I wanted to install 64bit windows 7 so I could utilize all of the ram in the machine. But then I discovered that Lenovo only offers the main chipset and various other drivers for the S200 i