Hdd not reconized by bios t30

I have a T30 and am replacing my hdd, however I get a error code " PXE-E61, PXE-M0F media test failure check
cable" upon boot up.  I checked BIOS setting and my hdd is not reconized at all.  I've tried other hdd's with no success.
I know some BIOS you can manually configure the hdd setting in BIOS but this one wont, any ideas-help please

Glad everything works for you.  It was the caddy in this thread, guess we'll never know 100%, but it does seem to be a factor.
Andy  ______________________________________
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
  Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
PepperonI blog 

Similar Messages

• Sata HDD not detected in BIOS in K8MM-v

Hi!!
    I  have an AMD (athalon 3000+) plateform K8MM-v(vial K8M800-CE+VT8237R chipset) having two problems
    1.  NIC doesn't work properly, I inferrred it because the same setting of TCP/IP are working for other system but not for me. Windows always shows Restricted or limited access at nic status.
    2.  SATA HDD is not Detected in BIOS.
    System is running with XP Prof. having ram 512MB.

Loading SATA drivers will not make the drive appear in the BIOS
    Without knowing what hard disk he has, I can only speculate it is a SATA-II 3gb/s drive, which rarely work with the VIA VT8237/R chipset. You can try jumpering the drive to SATA-I 1.5gb/s mode, but there's still no guarantee it will work.

• L520 second HDD not detected by BIOS, why?

Hi everybody
       It appears Schalli and I have same problem: a second hard drive (inserted in an aftermarket caddy) is not detected by BIOS. So you can not boot from 2nd hard drive.
       But, if you start the OS (Windows or Linux or even DOS!), the second HDD is seen and works perfectly (no connection issues, full speed etc).
       I tried several HDD, also SSD. Also tried removing internal HDD, leaving only HDD in the caddy.
    BIOS is 1.20.
    Can other users please verify?
    Lenovo: why is this? Why doesn't BIOS detect the second hard drive? 
    Thanks!!!

Same with my machine. So I put my SSD into the original drive bay and moved my HD to my caddy.

• SATA HDD not detected in Bios K7n2 ILSR

Hi! I have a MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR and I just bought a new hard drive (sATA) but it is not recognized in BIOS. There are no options to enable sATA mode in the bios and I couldn't install WinXP even after loading the driver (by pressing F6 on the setup). The only way for me to install WinXP is by setting up CTRL-F and setting up an array for RAID BUT even after installing WinXP via RAID, the sATA drive is still not detected in BIOS. Is there any way that I can use the sATA drive without having to RAID it? Hope you guys can help me...Thanks!

Promise SATA/RAID controller on this board is a seperate chip, so BIOS has nothing to do with it.
    to use a single SATA drive on this board, press Ctrl+F to set up a striped array and add the single drive to it, install Windows onto the drive, making sure you press F6 when prompted to use the Promise driver on the floppy disk

• New HDD not seen in Bios

Satellite A65-1068 running Windows XP – original 60GB HDD crashed, tried to replace with same part (Toshiba MK6025GAS) but Bios will not recognize it. Found that after trying to run Toshiba recovery CD and got error 510000004 – assume that’s no HDD since when Bios setup is accessed there is no hardrive listed. Tried the old HDD and – when it spins – Bios still sees it. Tried loading an old XP upgrade disk on this machine and the new HDD, the files are there in a Windows directory but obviously it still won’t boot. Anyone have an idea how to get Bios to see the new HDD. Should I be doing something differently?

Do not giveitup. ;-)
    >>>Anyone have an idea how to get Bios to see the new HDD. Should I be doing something differently?
    Normally you need do nothing. I would guess that the HD is not properly connected, have a look at the header on it and in the machine. The new SATA had drive connectors are finiky and easily broken. Specially the small DATA connector.  If all is proper, try the HD into another machine. If this is a new HD it ought to be proper but things happen. As your old HD is seen by your BIOS, I presume that the machine is good.    JP.

• Satellite L500-246 - HDD not found in BIOS

Good afternoon ,
    My problem is I have a Toshiba L500 - 246 to that for oblivion , put a password on Windows 7 and now can not remember .
    I decided to start from scratch and remove the entire computer. I clean the fan, I put thermal paste to the processor and graphics, and decided to delete all partitions and create a single .
    Wanting to boot from the DVD, I went to the BIOS to change the boot BOOT, and on the first screen I get the following message: "HDD / SSD Not Installed ". I changed various settings in the BIOS, but still the same.
    When I enter the Windows 7 DVD, you read me well until the window that says it needs the disk controller, and in that window I do not see any disk. I tried it with two SATA disks, and I get the same message.
    Putting his ear to the hard disk when the disk starts the laptop makes the characteristic sound of light, but still not leaving anything in the BIOS.
    Now, entering the browser to find the driver , I get the following:
    An X Boot Disk: 30 MB of capacity
    The USB flash drive appears as drive me C :
    And finally, I get the CD as drive D :
    Why might this be?
    Why do I get the USB as a disk C ?
    Thanks and regards

Your posting is really confusing.
    First of all it would be useful to know if the HDD or SSD drive is listed in the BIOS (first BIOS page)
    If its listed, the HDD is OK and you follow with system installation
    If its NOT listed, you should replace the HDD
    Lets assume, the HDD is OK and you started the installation.
    During the Windows setup you will be asked to add the SATA controller.
    On the Toshiba EU driver page you will find the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
    This driver contains the SATA files which you could add during the Windows installation.
    Hope this helps

• Satellite Pro A60 - HDD not detected by BIOS

Hi to all !!
    I've been given a Satellite Pro A60 (PSA65E) , for free ....'cause it has a bug!!! But I would like to fix it and use it.
    Problem is that HDD is not recognized by the BIOS. Strange enough, it is possible to format it during initial phase of an OS installation from scratch ( I've tried with Win XP and Win 2000 ), but installations do not proceed further since it will not boot from HD. If I try to install a seccond time, it does find some data already present in the HD and gives warnongs ... meaning that it is also possible to write on the disk.
    BIOS screen says : no drive.
    CD drive is OK, shown as secondary.
    I did also search through the Fora at no avail.
    Actions done so far :
    * flashed the BIOS , now at 1.90 release
    * Replaced the original HD (Toshiba, 40 GB ) with another one known to be good , smaller ( Toshiba as well , 30 GB)
    * Tried to pull out CD drive and verified BIOS does recognize it has been removed, and recognized it again when put back in. The same manouvre done with the HD does not change anything in the BIOS screen: it always says 'no drive'.
    * Tried with DOS version of Partition Magic : it says 'no drive found'. Same with the backup disks that came with the PC.
    * Tried other stuff found in Fora : remove all power sorce, let the PC for several minutes.... opened up and checked for visible problems in the HDD area and so on.
    Any suggestion would be be appreciated !!!
    Thanks
    aurcri

Hi to all!
    I've spent some hrs to try to find out what is going on. I surrender. The result stays the same: Satellite Pro 'sees' just non Toshiba HDD's. Toshiba HDD's work fine on other notebooks. Tried also the available Toshiba HDD's on a third unit. The only explanation I can guess of is that Satellite BIOS queries the installed HD something that other notebooks do not, and most of the HD reply as it expects and others ( Toshiba's ) do not.
    The most suspected item remains BIOS, IMHO.
    Talked also with the guy who handed over the broken Satellite to me: no help... he just stated that he never had a problem since the beginning and then suddenly one morning he could not IPL anymore. Oh well, he got lost with the back up CD's, due to the 'strange' behavior of the problem. Taking into consideration that it was possible to R/W from the HD but not to IPL, it is understandable.
    I think we can close this thread, unless somebody from Toshiba Storage Division can shade some light....or the Bios guru, maybe.... it would be nice to know.
    Thanks to all for the attention
    Aurcri

• Hard disk error, HDD not appearing in bios

My laptop HP Envy15  fails to load Windows and displays boot device not found. The HP UEFI diagnostics for hard disk failed the Short DST test with failure code U0EDBK-6Q66G1-MFGJXG-60U003. Does this mean I have to replace my hard drive? My laptop's product ID is E6G06PA#UUF and I have Win8 -64 installed on it upgarded to 8.1. All this started to happen when I copied recovery drive to USB and deleted recovery drive on my machine to increase space..... my machine started freezing and crashed...... now even chkdsk, recovery or reset with new partition is not working.....though if back up usb is connected and if I go to restore system through UEFI  I can see all Partitions........ where is problem and what should i do???? plz plz plz help...
    Thanks,
    Dr bilal ashiq

Hi,
                 The above failure ID refers to Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure. You have to replace the Hard disk drive. If the laptop is under warranty, then you can contact HP Support to get the Hard disk drive replaced. Also you have to reinstall the Operating System on the new Hard disk drive using recovery disk.
    "I work for HP."
    Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
    Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

• Cannot install Windows to internal HDD on dm4t laptop (HDD is working, but not recognized in BIOS)

Hi All,
    I have an issue with the internal SATA HDD in my Pavilion dm4t laptop (PR #: XQ1313AAR). The drive is working, when connecting via external USB enclosure is recognized by the PC, can read/write data, format partitions etc… When plugged in as internal HDD of the laptop, BIOS does not recognize it. When booting from Windows Installation Disk, the drive (and its partitions) are recognized, but I get the following message when trying to select a partition to proceed with Windows install:
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer’s hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computer’s BIOS menu.
    Used external USB enclosure again, connected to a working PC and using TestDisk, I deleted the partition table (by zero writing it several times), then created a new MBR. When connecting back as internal drive, it is now recognized by BIOS and in the Windows installation screen, I can actually select a partition on the drive to install Windows on; the installation actually runs, but as soon as I get to the point of having to restart the PC during the installation process, upon restart the drive is not recognized anymore…
    When I remove it, and repeat the same steps with TestDisk, it once again works, can start Windows installation, but it fails upon restart.
    I have already read numerous forums on the topic, have tried various drive utilities. I also saw in one of the forums a suggestion to enable AHCI for the SATA controller, but the laptop BIOS is extremely limited and does not have that option.
    Please help!!! Have been without a working laptop for several weeks and is driving me crazy. Saving any data on the drive is not needed – I have recovered all data from it that I need. So my only objective is to restore the harddrive to fully working state and be able to install OS on it (Windows 7, 64-bit)! Thanks in advance for any help!

@minxinglee
    even i am getting same errors I hope you found out solution by now ! plz... can u share it ! i need it urgently
    Thanks in advance

• LAP-TOP HP PROBOOK 4330S hdd not show in the bios if I trouble shot show hdd not installed

LAP-TOP HP PROBOOK 4330S hdd not show in the bios if I trouble shot show hdd not installed

Hi ASMX,
    Welcome to the HP forum!
    Your HP Probook is a commercial product.  I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Commercial Forum/Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE.
    In the mean time here is a link to your homepage.HP ProBook 6560b Notebook PC Support
    I hope this helps.
    Sparkles1
    I work on behalf of HP
    Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

• I installing yosemite and my Hdd is not reconized?

i installing yosemite and my hdd is not reconized, what happend?

Please be more specific. Where is it not recognized? Is the computer still functional?

• L540 HDD in Ultrabay not recognised in BIOS

Hello everyone. I have recently got a new ThinkPad L540. Since I need to use Windows 7 (TrueCrypted company Installation on normal SSD) and Ubuntu I bought a HDD Caddy for the UltraBay together with a 1TB HDD. My problem is, that I can not select the second HDD (HDD1) in the BIOS to boot from. It does not show the name of the drive, just HDD1. HDD0 has a name that indicates that it is the Intel SSD. The new drive is visible and usable in Windows and when I use a USB-Drive to install Linux on that second Drive.Furthermore I switched the SSD and the HDD and the L540 boots sraight up into Ubuntu. When I switch back its boots Windows 7 again. During the Ubuntu installation I tried both, writing the GRUB2 bootloader to the root-partition or to the beginning of the HDD (schould be the same since the root-partition is the first on the drive). Gparted is also thelling me that the root-partition is bootable. I hope somebody has an idea!Thank you very much for your help in advance!!! 

Hi, I'm using this one : http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00G356QA4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00   Greets, Marc

• MSI KN8 Platinum - Not reconizing IDE

I just put my system together and my Platinum will not reconize my HDs.  It wont even recnonize the optical drive.  Anyone else seen this before?  I have triple checked the cable and all seems to be good.

Thanks.  I've got a Western Digital 160GB WD1200JB (I think that is the right model #).  I bought it about a year ago.   No, the drives are not reconized in the BIOS.  I just pulled these out of my old Soyo DRAGON and I know they work fine.  I just tried some different IDE cables and still no go.  I went through the BIOS and disabled all of the SATA stuff and made sure that the IDE channels were enabled (at least they look like they are).  I am wondering if it may be a bad board.  But it would be wierd if so it seems becuase everything else looks to be functioning fine.

• Satellite A105 boot up only from HDD not from Floppy or CD-ROM

Even after C-MOS Set up, system is booting only from HDD not from Floppy or CD-ROM.
    Is there any sepcific setting to set these controls in Satellite A-105 Model ?

Hi
    Do you mean an external floppy drive and external CD-ROM drive or a one which is built-in?
    If you want to boot from the internal CD-rom drive so you have 3 possibilities.
    1. Changing the booting order in the BIOS to CD drive
    2. pressing the C button immediately after notebook starting
    3. pressing the F12 button immediately after notebook starting and choosing the CD drive
    I think you should also be sure that you want to boot from the bootable CD.
    If the CD is not bootable you will be not able to boot from the drive.
    PS: If you want to boot from the floppy drive you can press instead of C button the U button

• (neo 875p fis2r)ide3 prim & second showing not installed in bios (revised)

:wall:i have two 40 gig HDD installed to ide 3 on a 875p mobo    they can be seen in post but are displayed as not installed in bios.    I can set up an array that can be seen as a boot drive if raid is set or as individual boot drives if s-ata is set.
    unable to get int "ctrl+I" after rebooting from forming an array
    i have followed setup instructions from installation books but still problem persists
    i wold like to stripe these two hard drives do i need to do anything for bios to see these drives
    p4 2.8 with @pipe;ined technology)
    i have 2x512(333) ddr dimm 1&3
    nvidia fx 5700 ultra 128
    2x40gig seagate hdd in ide 3
    1x120gig hdd in ide1 secondry
    2x cdrom in ide2

Hmm...   what is your question actually?

Maybe you are looking for

• 8.0.2 running very slow whilst processing netbank transaction

Started after installation of 10.10.1 also jumps to other field when decimal points attempted in amount field

• Restoring backed up data to another mac

i have backed up all my files from my macbook on time machine, but now i want to put that data on to a macbook pro. When i open time machine on the pro, there's no data there. please help

• Calling a function in the main movie from a loaded swf

I realize this is probably a very basic question, but I have loaded a SWF file into another movie. I now want to call a function in the main SWF. Is there a way to do that? Alternatively, I have a custom class where I could put the function, but I ha

• How to delete a Document from the Wiki?

This seems like I just must be missing something - but a client asked and I'm stumped. So here I have created a Document on my Wiki server and have not figured out how to delete it bafter trying for way too long - here I am. Running Mavericks --- htt

• Saving png photos with different names..

Hello guys, I am not not so familiar with Labview so i would like some help. I have a Vi which is actually controlling 32 RBG lights.We use DMX protocol..everytime one led is on then we take a picture and then the led goes off..Then the second goes o