HDD Re-Order-Partition organization in a new T410

Recently bought a T410, and though already BackUp'd the hidden partition labeled Q: Drive on DVDs, where the Recovery System resides, (and I intend to leave it that way).
How can I add another partition bigger (to be labeled D: Drive) within the very main C: Drive_HDD, to (or divide for that matter) the huge left one ~ 400 GB (labeled C: ) of the HDD, where the Win7 Pro 32bit and other Apps/ Programs were installed, for securing an isolated area with my data files, without compromising  the 1-button recovery system functionality from the Q: Drive, where the original lenovo+ software reside and also pretend to leave that way (in order to keep the guarantee valid).
My second goal/ setup would be to setup an AntiVirus application (last AVG), before I connect it to the Internet to update the Vantage Tools as well as the rest of the applications, and begin the normal use of my new ThinkPad.
Cheers, C

Let me re-phrase myself.
Recently bought new T410 w/ 500 GB HDD, on PreInstalled Win7 Pro 32-bit.
I want to go, from Scheme 1 to Scheme 2,
Scheme 1 = 1 HDD and 2 partitions:
i) labeled Q: Drive hidden partition of ~ 40 GB, with the Recovery System
ii) boot C Drive partition on Windows 7 with the remaining huge space, +
Scheme 2 : Same HDD + a 3rd Partition*, but,
KEEP i) labeled Q: Drive hidden partition, with the Recovery System (untouched)
KEEP, BUT Re(duce)-Size ii) boot C Drive partition on Win 7, from 450 to 50 GB, AND,
ADD *iii) the remaining and fresh unallocated 400 GB space left to a new labeled D: new Partition, where I would leave my Data Files.
In case, I would need to re-install the Win 7 setup again from the Recovery area in a later time, I wouldn't compromise my Data Files.

Similar Messages

• I have recently purchased a hybred 750GbHDD as an upgrade for my MAC Book Pro (Intell Version) I have a boot camp partition to the original 500GB HDD. How can I expand both partitions to fit the new drive?

I have recently purchased a hybred 750GbHDD as an upgrade for my MAC Book Pro (Intell Version) I have a boot camp partition to the original 500GB HDD. How can I expand both partitions to fit the new drive?
    I have tried bootcamp and have had no luck due to the fact that boot camp doesn't see the additional HDD space of 250Gb. What am I not doing?

Ouch, well there is a problem.
    This is the stack of partitions on your old drive
    EFI (hidden)
    Lion (50GB say)
    Bootcamp (50GB say)
    Lion Recovery Partiton (hidden)
    This is the same stack on your new drive imaged from the old one.
    EFI (hidden)
    Lion (50GB say)
    Bootcamp (50GB say)
    Emtpy Space (100GB say)
    This is what you want
    EFI (hidden)
    Lion (100GB say)
    Bootcamp (100GB say)
    EFI has to be at the top of the drive and Lion Recovery has to be at the bottom of the drive.
    And you only have four partitions.
    You can't move the Lion Recovery Partition or Bootcamp partiton, however you can expand the Lion Partition into empty space below it. (but can't delete or move the Lion Recovery partition)
    Your Duplicator duplicated perfectly, too perfectly Likely would work with same sized drives/partitions.
    This is what your going to need to do.
    You need to move the Bootcamp partition to a blank external drive using WinClone and disconnect. This is so you have two backups of it. (one on your old 500GB drive)
    You will need a drive enclousre or IDE/SATA to USB adapter cable for the older 500GB drive and option key boot from it. (some enclosures can't be booted from so check first Other World Computing is good place to ask)
    Download the free Carbon Copy Cloner, grab any new files off the new 750GB internal drive to the old 500GB your booted from.
    Open Apple's Disk Utility and Erase with Zero option the entire internal 750GB drive and let it rip, this will map off as many bad sectors and improve reliability.
    Now use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the 500GB Lion + Lion Recovery Partitions to the internal 750GB, it will "fix" things and place Lion Recovery at the bottom of the drive where it belongs, give all the extra space to OS X Lion.
    Next your going to have to follow WinClones instructions to restore your Bootcamp, likely you will have to recreate the Bootcamp partition first (in Bootcamp) to the size you want and then clone. Likely Winclone may "fix" Windows to recognize it's in a new larger partition now. I don't know you'll have to check as I haven't used it.
    When Bootcamp creates the partition it will place it near the bottom next to the Lion Recovery Partition.
    As you know you will have to re-validate Windows with Lord Redmond or it expires as you changed the hardware.

• Expand HD Partition in Lion on New Drive

I have a new disk drive in my macbook. It is running lion.  It is a 500 GB drive. My old drive was 160GB.  The new drive boots as the HD drive but only uses 159 GB. I have tried to expand it to 500GB in Disk utility but it will not let me and just goes back to 159GB. I can add a 340 GB partition but I want it all together.
    How can I expand HD so that it uses the entire 500GB? 
    Any help is much appreciated.

You can expand it, the question is what you can accomplish with repartitioning the drive.
    To resize the drive do the following:
    1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
    After the main menu appears select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button. Select the hard drive's main entry then click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.
    2. You should see the graphical sizing window showing the existing partitions. A portion may appear as a blue rectangle representing the used space on a partition.
    3. In the lower right corner of the sizing rectangle for each partition is a resizing gadget. Select it with the mouse and move the bottom of the rectangle downwards to fill the gray space all the way to the bottom. Click on the Apply button and wait until the process has completed.  (Note: You can only make a partition smaller in order to create new free space.)
    It would be wise to have a backup of your current system as resizing is not necessarily free of risk for data loss.  Your drive must have sufficient contiguous free space for this process to work.
    If this doesn't work then add a new partition in the gray area. Once you've added a second partition try deleting the new partition, then extend old partition.
    One probable reason this may not work is that in installing Lion the Recovery HD has been placed at the end of your existing volume. While the Recovery HD partition is there you cannot extend the partition. So, the best thing to do in this case is to boot from the Recovery HD, repartition the drive into a single partition of 500 GBs and let Disk Utility relocate the Recovery HD. Of course you will have to reinstall Lion:
    Install or Reinstall Lion from Scratch
    If possible backup your files to an external drive or second internal drive.
    Boot to the Recovery HD:
    Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
    Repartition the hard drive:
    1.  Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.
    2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Note the SMART status of the drive in DU's status area.  If it does not say "Verified" then the drive is failing or has failed and will need replacing.  SMART info will not be reported  on external drives. Otherwise, click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.
    3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to one. Click on the Options button, set the partition scheme to GUID then click on the OK button. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Partition button and wait until the process has completed.
    Reinstall Lion: Select Reinstall Lion and click on the Install button.
    Note: You can also re-download the Lion installer by opening the App Store application. Hold down the OPTION key and click on the Purchases icon in the toolbar. You should now see an active Install button to the right of your Lion purchase entry. There are situations in which this will not work. For example, if you are already booted into the Lion you originally purchased with your Apple ID or if an instance of the Lion installer is located anywhere on your computer.

• My iTunes in HDD and want to move to our new PC which already has my hunband't iTunes

Our old PC (Windows XP) got broken suddenty and my iTunes in it is saved in HDD.
    We bought a new PC (Windows 8) and it already has my husband;s iTunes.
    How can I move my iTunes to the new PC without crushing my husband's iTunes?  I can connect HDD from the old PC to our new PC using a hard drive station. I'm concerned that my iTunes and his iTunes crushe and one of us might lose all the songs.
    We do not use separate password for PC. Would it be better to set up separate password to use separate account?

You need to set up seperate user accounts on the computer.

• How to print new order in odd page or new page

Hi Experts,
    I want to print my order layout in oddpage. If any new order comes it should print inthe odd page. Currently its printing Back to back.
    But I want to print my order layout in oddpage or new page.
    Any one guide this??
    Offering points is against the terms of engagement.  Text changed by moderator.  Also, do not post the same question in more than one forum.
    Mohana
    Edited by: Mohana Vijayan on Oct 31, 2008 8:35 AM

Hi mohana,
    For script or smartform?
    In case smartform
    Create  pages as per your requirement.
    In the global defintion --> initialization tab -->
    if w_page = 1.
    control_parameters-startpage = '%PAGE1'.
    else.
    control_parameters-startpage = '%PAGE2'.
    ENDIF.
    Regards,
    Sravanthi

• I just installed the latest version of iTunes, but a pop-up window keeps saying that I need to download iTune 10.1 or later in order to use my brand new iTouch. Whyyyy.

I just installed the latest version of iTunes, but a pop-up window keeps saying I need to download iTunes 10.1 or later in order to use my brand new iTouch. Whyyyyy?

Try restarting your computer

• I forgot my restriction password and I can't delete any app. I can't download anything either, I've filled up all the space in my iPad, and I need to update my iPad in order to restore it. But my iPad needs space in order to update to a newer vers. of ios

I forgot my restriction password and I can't delete any app. I can't download anything either, I've filled up all the space in my iPad, and I need to update my iPad in order to restore it. But my iPad needs space in order to update to a newer vers. of ios.. I've also tried to restore to the previous backup, but it yet doesn't work. Please help :c!

I told you, I can't restore iOS. In order to restore my iPad, I need to update it to iOS 7.0.4, but my iPad needs available space to update, but I don't have any. I can't delete anything at all, so yeah.. are there any possible ways to restore my ipad without updating? If not, please state other ways to solve this problem.

• Organization Model : Adding new  relationships

Hi friends,
    <b> Organization Model : Adding new  relationships to the existing list while assigning agents to a position </b>
    Using transaction PPOMW, after creating an organization unit we assign a position to it.
    When we right click the Position and select assign from the context menu, a dialog box appears where we have to choose relationships.
    Can we create and add new relationships to this list. say for e.g. Position: holder Site
    Please help.
    Jon

Jon,
    This is definitely possible. I had a similar reqt where a new relationship Position: Holder Location was required.
    Here's how to go about it.
    1. We have to maintain the required entry in the table T77AR
    This can be done through Transaction Code: SM30 or OOVK
    Enter the table name T77AR and click Maintain button
    2. Select Relationship 008: Holder from the table
    Double Click on Relationship Characteristics from the frame on the Left Hand side. Here two entries are maintained.
    The details of each of the above columns are given below.
    A/B: Contains a code that represents a particular type of a relationship. there are two types, active(A) and passive(B) (reciprocal).
    The two types exist since most relationships have two corresponding sides, or perspectives. For example, consider the relationship between a father and son. There is only one relationship, but there are two distinct perspectives to that relationship.                            
    NOTE: Active and passive should not be assumed to mean superior and subordinate. Sometimes one side of a relationship does have a superior standing. However, it is also possible that both sides of a relationship have equal, and corresponding, standing. It is also possible that some relationships will be one-sided. This occurs when, for example, you create relationships with external objects.                            
    Relationship: Contains a code that represents the relationship between two objects.
    100% Check: You can specify in this field whether the 100% limit should be checked when percentages are entered for weighted relationships (infotype 1001).
    The value entered in this field will determine the type of message that is issued if the 100% limit is exceeded when a relationship is created. 
    You can choose between the following values:                     
    'E' = error                                                      
    'I' = information                                                
    'W' = warning                                                    
    ' ' = no check is carried out
    Check Work Schedule: You can use this field to control how the system is to treat relationships to persons in connection with the infotype "Work Schedule" (1011).                             
    Check obsolete: This field controls the system reaction when relationships are entered or changed in connection with the infotype "Obsolete - 1014".
    3. Now double click on the Allowed Relationships button from the frame on the left hand side.
    Here we maintain a new entry ‘Site’.
    Object: S
    Object type text: Position
    A/B: A
    Rel: 008
    Relationship Name: Holder
    RelObjType: F (Site)
    4. This entry now appears in the dialog box
    <b> R&D is the name of the game </b>
    Julius

• How do I remove the license from a broken machine (HDD crashed) to use it on a new machine?

How do I remove the license for PSE from a broken machine (HDD crashed) to use it on a new machine?

You cannot remove the license from a broken machine.
    Install and activate the software on new machine. Adobe provide the license to use the software on 2 computers, if you exceed then you are prompted with message wherein you can de-activate/remove the license from old machines.
    - Manish

• Brand new T410 shows battery not authentic message?

Hi everyone,
    I just received a T410 that I ordered from the Lenovo website and noticed that the Lenovo Power Manager is showing the following error message on the taskbar:
    "The battery installed in this computer is not a genuine Lenovo battery and may not meet Lenovo's safety and quality standards. Double click to learn abut genuine Lenovo batteries."
    The alert for this message is always being displayed on the taskbar right beside the battery meter making it quite annoying. I just received my laptop from Lenovo so am confused as to why I would be having this issue.
    Has anyone else gotten this message before and if yes, do you know how to fix it? Also is it possible that I could have received a defective or else non-authentic battery from Lenovo that would be causing this issue?
    The battery model # that power manager shows is : 42T4801
    It should be the 9cell, LI Battery TWSL battery.
    I didn't see it listed in the list of batteries that double-clicking the message takes me to.
    My computer model is ThinkPad T410 2516-CTO with Integrated graphics and the i7 620M processor.
    Any ideas in regards to resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Your new T410 may not have the latest BIOS that fixes this issue:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74268
    Version 1.09-1.04
    BIOS: 1.09 / ECP: 1.04
    (Fix) Fixed an issue where battery authentication might be failed.

• T400 Dock and Batteries - will they fit a new T410 or T410s?

I have a T400 with docking station and extra high capacity battteries.  I'm looking at a new T410 and T410s - will my docking station work?  How about the batteries?

the T400 uses a different battery to the T410/T410s (these two machines also use a different battery to each other).
    T400 battery is compatible only with R400, R61/T61 with 14.1 inch widescreen.
    Advanced dock and advanced mini dock (and the port replicator) used for T400, is compatible with:
    T6x, R6x, Z6x, T400/T500/W500, R400/R500
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Bootcamp will no longer boot after deleting partition #3 of my new Mac Mini.  What happened?  Was it the way I tried to reclaim the HDD space for Mac?

Here's my dilemma.  I have a new Mac Mini - a week old.  I installed Windows 7 on it using Mac's Bootcamp assistant.  I then set up and configured my Windows 7 world and everything worked fine.  No issues logging in between Lion or Win7 via the restart/option key procedure.  Well, yesterday I split my Mac HD partition one more time to create a third partition (was created as an "extra", e.g. possible future partition for another operating system).  After creating it, I then decided that I didn't really need it.  So I deleted it in Disk Utility and attempted to drag the Mac HD partition line downward so as to "fill in the gap" and reclaim the lost hardrive space.  It seemed as if I could reclaim about 1 gig or so, but I figured...oh well. 
    Well, the Mac HD partition seems to work just fine, but now I've noticed that I can't get into the Bootcamp partition anymore.  It wont boot.  If I try to verify the partition [doesn't even give me "repair" as an option), then it fails and gives me the following error message: "verify volume failed.  invalid request."  When I go to the Startup Disk option in my System Preferences section, it displays the bootcamp partition as a folder and not as a drive anymore.
    I'm assuming that I messed up some permissions or lost some vital links during my attempted resizing/reclaiming of harddrive space.  How do I fix this without having to reload either all of my Mac info or all or my Win7 info?  I'd hate to consider the last two days of my life loading this crap up a complete loss. 
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks for checking in, BDAQua.
    Problem solved.
    In the docs that came with my Powerlogix accelerator card, I found this sentence buried:
    "If you reset the PRAM, the NVRAM code for OS9 compatibility is cleared, so you will have to boot from the Firmawre Update CD and perform this process again in order to boot in OS9."
    The "process" it's referring to is the process of setting up the NVRAM for booting into OS9 from the CD.
    Fortunately, I was able to find the disk, and it worked as expected. I can now, once again boot into OS9.
    Conclusion: My (unadvised) attempt to load Leopard on this old machine apparently reset the PRAM on the accelerator card and cleared the NVRAM code for OS9 boot. Although I did attempt to reset the NVRAM via Open Firmware, it did not reset it on the accelerator card.
    So, thank you BDAQua, for your "Ah yes" . . . that's all I needed to steer me in the right direction.
    Gratefully,
    tupester

• Moving Photoshop Elements and Organizer to a new PC (after HDD failure)

Hi all,
    My PC died recently, and suddenly. Thankfully I had a drive backing everything up so I have a complete mirror of my harddrive on an external drive. I have now bought a new PC and have installed PSE9 (with PE9 and Organizer) onto it.
    I would like to be able to rebuild all my catalogs and albums, and have all my keywords etc, in my new installation, using the files I have in my back-up drive. There are thousands of photos, going back about 10 years, and it took about three solid weeks to tag them all and fix their dates etc.  Can someone please tell me which files I need to copy over into my new installation, and where they should go? The drive names on my new machine will probably be different to the ones I used on my old machine, but beneath that all files are in the same folder structure as they were on my old (now dead) machine. The dead machine ran Vista, and I'm now on Win7.
    Please let me know if there's any further information I need to provide.
    Thanks in advance.
    DNL

Where I am not clear is why a full drive backup (that includes a copy of the catalog, using a 3rd party drive backup tool) led to a situation where the catalog info could not be completely restored to a new PC.
    Let's have a look at the result of the complete restoration of a drive.
    - Case one : There has been a mirror copy on the second drive
    - case two : you have a clone of your disk (I supose it's uptodate at the time of crash...)
    In both cases:
    The media files are all identical.
    The catalogs are identical.
    But... there is a difference.
    A cloning utility is also able to restore the original drive serial number used by Windows to recognize the different drives.
    In the mirrored drive, the serial number is different from the original one.
    the catalog contains for each media file:
    - the full path : root folder/subfolder 1/sub-subfolder... file name with extension.
    - the identification of the drive (serial number plus drive letter)
    When the Organizer reads the data in the catalog and wants to access a file via the operating system, it will find all files in the clone, and all files in the the mirrored version will be missing. Then you need to reconnect as mentionned in a previous post. And that's a lot of painful work
    So, assuming your mirrored version is strictly ok, the catalog is fooled by the change of drive serial number. You can either have Windows to assign the old serial number or use an sqlite management software to edit that information in the database : catalog.psexxdb.
    What I don't know is if the background processes in charge of the accessory jobs of the Organizer (watched folders, face recognition, autoanalysis...) will be correctly restored in a crash situation. So you might lose some information or have to wait for the Organizer to rebuild some of the missing information.
    My suggestion to backup also the catalog was to avoid a situation where the user has a syncing software in charge of the media folders only. You are right that the catalog was also backed up in the case of the original poster.

• How many copies of 10.2.8 can I have on one HDD? To partition or not to ...

Hi,
    I hope that this makes sense to those who read it. If, it doesn't then, please - someone say so. In case some of you recognize my monicker it has been a good while since I visited and asked for help.
    Kappy, I didn't understand everything - had some health issues thus, I couldn't followup?
    I have finally installed my Seagate internal, thus my return visit.
    I have just installed a Seagate Barracuda 7200, 120 GB HDD. I've made it my master drive. I've partitioned it into four parts. 1) for OS 10.2, 2) for 10.3, 3) for 10.4 and 4) for OS 9. I have not yet put it to use. I made my original Deskstar 40GB the slave, it has three partitions. 1) for 10.2, 2) for OS 9 and legacy 3rd party apps and 3) for photos and videos. I also have an Maxtor One-Touch II External 300 GB FW for backup. Long story - it has 4 partitions, 1) 10.2, 2) 10.3 and .4, 3) for video and photo storage and 4) for OS 9.
    I have several questions.
    1) How many copies of OS 10.2.8 can I have on any one drive - is my Seagate and my Deskstar now considered to be one drive?
    1b) Can I have OS 10.2.8 (on both? of them)?
    1c) Can I have 10.2.8 on that/both of those drives without causing conflicts or any other problems?
    2) I've been reading through the discussions to see if I could find an answer to any of these questions. What I did find was several different topics that include references about not partitioning new drives.
    2a) What are the advantages to partitioning and what are the potential problems/disadvantages created by partitioning a new HDD?
    2b) Isn't it necessary to partition a HDD if I'm going to have 10.2, 10.3(maybe), 10.4 and OS 9 all on the same HDD?
    2c) Aren't there going to be conflicts especially because of OS 9 and 10.4 being on the same partition?
    I will appreciate all replies, corrections, suggestions and requests for clarifications and/or request for additional info.
    Thanks,
    J Ivan
    P.S. I'm now going to bed and I won't be back on-line until late this afternoon.
    PowerMac G4 Dual 500 Gigabit Ethernet, ATI Rage 6 w/16 MB, Rage 128 w/32MB, iMic USB   Mac OS X (10.2.x)   HP's Laserjet & Scanjet, APC Back-UPS LS 500 USB
    PowerMac G4 DP Gigabit Ethernet   Mac OS X (10.2.x)  

1) How many copies of OS 10.2.8 can I have on any one drive - is my Seagate and my Deskstar now considered to be one drive?
    1b) Can I have OS 10.2.8 (on both? of them)?
    1c) Can I have 10.2.8 on that/both of those drives without causing conflicts or any other problems?
    You cannot have more than one copy of OS X on a single volume (partition), but you can install any number of versions of OS X on separate volumes (partitions.)
    2) I've been reading through the discussions to see if I could find an answer to any of these questions. What I did find was several different topics that include references about not partitioning new drives.
    2a) What are the advantages to partitioning and what are the potential problems/disadvantages created by partitioning a new HDD?
    There are no inherent advantages to partitioning in general except that it may provide a convenient means for organization. However, if you desire to install multiple operating systems, partitioning is necessary to keep each OS separate and to enable you to use OPTION booting. The exception to this is installing OS X and OS 9 on the same volume.
    2b) Isn't it necessary to partition a HDD if I'm going to have 10.2, 10.3(maybe), 10.4 and OS 9 all on the same HDD?
    Yes. See previous answers.
    2c) Aren't there going to be conflicts especially because of OS 9 and 10.4 being on the same partition?
    No. And there would be no problems having OS 9 and 10.4 on the same volume. If they are on the same volume you simple cannot use OPTION booting to switch between them.

• Installing 250 Gb HDD.  2 partitions.

Just got a fair deal on a WD 250Gb Passport. The internal drive is SATA, so I've dismantled it and plan on replacing my 160Gb. My thinking was to partition the drive into an "OS" section and a "Home" section. I was thinking of 100/140. My reasoning is twofold:
    (1) Corruption in one partition should not affect the other, reducing the chance of total data loss (I still backup regularly)
    (2) Backing up can be more specific (i.e. I can use another portable HDD to keep a second mirror of the Home partition (first is on a 3.5" external firewire) since the Home folder is far more important to me than the OS).
    Any there any possible drawbacks of which I'm unaware? I assume I can just drag the Home folder to the second partition and Tiger won't complain, right?

You cannot backup the Home folder or the OS by simple drag and drop. Best to use backup software that can clone a volume and also maintain the clone with incremental backups:
    Basic Backup
    Get an external Firewire drive at least equal in size to the internal hard drive and make (and maintain) a bootable clone/backup. You can make a bootable clone using the Restore option of Disk Utility. You can also make and maintain clones with good backup software. My personal recommendations are (order is not significant):
    1. Retrospect Desktop (Commercial - not yet universal binary)
    2. Synchronize! Pro X (Commercial)
    3. Synk (Backup, Standard, or Pro)
    4. Deja Vu (Shareware)
    5. PsynchX 2.1.1 and RsyncX 2.1 (Freeware)
    6. Carbon Copy Cloner (Freeware - 3.0 is a Universal Binary)
    7. SuperDuper! (Commercial)
    Visit The XLab FAQs and read the FAQs on maintenance, optimization, virus protection, and backup and restore. Also read How to Back Up and Restore Your Files.
    Be sure you prep your new drive properly:
    Extended Hard Drive Preparation
    1. Boot from your OS X Installer Disk. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Installer menu (Utilities menu for Tiger.)
    2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Note the SMART status of the drive in DU's status area. If it does not say "Verified" then the drive is failing or has failed and will need replacing. Otherwise, click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.
    3. Click on the Options button, select the GUID partition scheme, then click on the OK button. Set the number of partitions from the dropdown menu (use 1 partition unless you wish to make more.) Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled, if supported.) Click on the Partition button and wait until the volume(s) mount on the Desktop.
    4. Select the volume you just created (this is the sub-entry under the drive entry) from the left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.
    5. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled, if supported.) Click on the Options button, check the button for Zero Data and click on OK to return to the Erase window.
    6. Click on the Erase button. The format process will take 30 minutes to an hour or more depending upon the drive size.
    7. Repeat Steps 4-6 for each volume if you created more than one.

Maybe you are looking for

• SSO from SAPJ2EE to Non-SAP Java Applications

Hello, does anybody know, if there is a newer version of MySapSsoSupport-0.5.tar.gz This enables Single Sign-On from SAP J2EE Engine/EP to Non-SAP Java Applications. Thanks in advance. Guenter

• PLM and ECC 6.0

Hi Can we get all functionality of SAP PLM in ECC6.0 or we have to install c project, c folder etc in standard package to get access. Any specific settings or prerequisites are there. If yes how to get those components. Your useful comments will be a

• SD Retention Amount Process

Hi Experts, Have you ever implemented a Retention Sum Process in SD? The Idea here is they Bill the Customers with a percentage only of the amount for a given date (per invoice), so the remaining percentage will be retained and accumulated in the clo

• How does iPhoto sharing work? Does it enable someone to share your photos on a public wifi?

How does iPhoto sharing (in preferences) work?  If you enable it, does it allow someone to view your photos while on a public wifi? I am using a macbook pro with 10.7.4

• Photoshop error

I get this message Adobe photoshop CS4 encorted a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience. Same erro with cs3 and cs2 ... If you were ..... click here... AppName: photoshop.exe Appver. 11.0.0.0. ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0.