Injecting a bug in the working of the L2 cache of Opensparc T1

As a part of my research work, I need to inject a bug in the operation of the L2 cache of Opensparc and then do some analysis of the RTL code based on the outcome of that bug. I have been working on Opensparc T1. I decided to target the writeback operation of the L2 cache.
I did the following to achieve my end:
1) I have written a SPARC assembly language program that accesses the L2 cache again and again. Specifically, I change the page size to 4 MB, I do 16 write accesses (sth) operations to addresses 262144 bytes apart (64 * 4 * 1024) to hit the set 0 of bank 0 of L2 cache, then again 16 such accesses to set 1 and 16 such accesses to set 2. This ensures that after 12 accesses there are 4 writebacks on average, for the last 4 accesses to each set. Now I also do a load access (lduh) on one of these addresses which are being written back previously. I check in my program whether I am reading the correct value that I had written for that address.
2) Normally, what happens is, when my LOAD PCX packet arrives, it undegoes a miss at L2 cache, but it hits in the writeback buffer (that is, the address that I am trying to load is in the writeback buffer at that time). So this LOAD waits in the miss buffer. When the writeback buffer receives the DRAM write ack corresponding to this address, it wakes the correponding miss buffer entry and then this load executes through the L2 cache pipeline to get the correct value and my assembly program execution succeeds.
3) Right now, I inject a simple bug to make the wbctl_hit_unqual_c2 signal in file "sctag_wbctl.v" stuck at 0, that is the signal that goes from writeback buffer to miss buffer to tell miss buffer that this particular access is a hit in the writeback buffer. Since this signal is stuck-at-0, what I expect is that the miss buffer will insert this particular LOAD as a true miss (one that doesn't depend on any miss buffer/fill buffer/writeback buffer value) and so the miss will be issued to L2 cache pipeline independently and will receive the old value of this address from the DRAM. So my assembly program will fail. That is my expectation.
4) What actually happens in this case, is that the miss buffer treats the LOAD as a true miss and does issue the READ independently to the DRAM, but the read request goes to the DRAM just after the write request to DRAM for the same address goes to the DRAM from the writeback buffer. As a result, the manifestation I see is that my assembly program terminates with the following error:
"ERROR : In dram channel 0
At time 13116747 rd entry 0 which is address = 800086000, has a match with incoming write entry at WR Q location 4
13116747 ERROR: DRAM Channel 0 RD/WR Sequencing violation
ERROR: cmp_top.cmp_dram.cmp_dram_mon.dram_mon0: DRAM monitor exited"
I do not see the RAW hazard error that I was expecting (I was expecting a clean exit of my program with fail, that is inside program the value read will be compared with value expected by CMP and that will result in fail), but instead I see the above from the DRAM monitor code. Is this what I should be seeing? Is this read/write sequencing error equivalent to the RAW hazard that I am trying to create?
5) I tried to delay the write request to DRAM for this address a little, so that my read request will end up reaching the DRAM first and get serviced with the old value, so that my bug manifestation will be as I wanted. I tried assigning a delay to the continuous assignment of signal "can_req_dram" in file "sctag_wbctl.v" so that the write request issued from writeback buffer to DRAM will be delayed till after the read request issued for true miss on that address from miss buffer. But that is not happening. This rd/wr sequencing is all that I can get.
Could anyone throw some light on this? Also maybe it can be that the actual RAW hazard is happening in this case, but the program is getting terminated before giving the expected result because the DRAM monitor is written to catch such sequencing errors and terminate early? Also if anyone can suggest a way of delaying writeback for this particular address so that the write request reaches DRAM after the read. Please help.

Hi Avi,
Because you didn't grant access permission to other users on the NESTED_TABLE_TYPE_NAME (maybe?)Of course, I remember to grant (EXECUTE) privilege on the nested table type to other users. The reason are not synonyms also, for Oracle doesn't allow to access these types through synonyms, unfortunately.
And the applications can be tons ;-), I use it to implement regular expression functionality in the databases prior to 9i.
Regards,
Roman

Similar Messages

• The latest changes to the function to "Upload to FTP host" has rendered this useless - no point using a program like Muse if I can not easily and automatically upload the work to the webserver!

The latest changes to the function to "Upload to FTP Host" has rendered this useless - no point using a program like Muse if I can not easily and automatically upload the work to the webserver!  I use BlueHost webhosting that has a primary domain and I have several domains with that account (as sub-domains or folders on this server) - with past versions of Muse when uploading pages it simply opened an alert window to tell me (what I already know) that the website I was uploading does not point to the primary domain BUT NOW Muse tries to create a new separate folder in the root directory of the primary domain - completely ignoring the directory path I am giving it - useless!  Why make these senseless changes to the program - and so often - very frustrating it is like amateur ware!.

Hi Stephen,
    There are some issues with the upload to ftp via Muse, which the engineering team is aware of and those will be fixed in a future build of Muse. At this point the work around would be to export the html from Muse and then upload via some third party ftp client like filezilla.
    I will recommend that you keep an eye on our release notes page to get more updates on it - Release notes | Adobe Muse CC
    - Abhishek Maurya

• IF I RUN A EDITING WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS TEST VERSION, WILL BE POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE WORK WITHOUT THE MARK  AFTER THAT I BUY THE LICENCE? THANKS

IF I RUN A EDITING WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS TEST VERSION, WILL BE POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE WORK WITHOUT THE MARK  AFTER THAT I BUY THE LICENCE? THANKS

NUNU
    Media cache files are not involved in the removal of the Adobe watermark from the project.prel file from a tryout.
    Just a re-enforcement mention...you cannot remove the Adobe watermark from a tryout "saved" exported product; whereas, you can from a saved/closed project file (project.prel).
    By exported product, I mean a burn to disc in the tryout or the Timeline of the tryout exported to a file saved to the computer hard drive.
    In the case of removing the Adobe watermark from the tryout project.prel, classically you delete the rendered files (Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files) in the purchased program. In no way is media cache involved in this. Some of us have found that there was an automatic removal of the Adobe watermark resulting from just opening the tryout project.prel file in the purchased program.
    Please review and consider.
    Thank you.
    ATR

• Is collection detection for caldav in the works for the lightning extension? Issue with lightning integration with multiple collections.

Hello, i currently have a server running davical which serves my users' calendars, currently users which wish to use thunderbird and do not want to use the web interface for calendaring (and wish to use lightning instead) have to add each collection seperately, rather than just provide the base URL of their calendar info.
    So instead on most calendar clients putting this as the calendar address:
    davical_base_url/caldav.php/username/
    and be done with it, they have to go through the new calendar wizard for each calendar/todo collection, and cannot easily create collections from within the lightning user interface, instead have to resort to either the calendar interface or the davical server interface to create/manage collections. They also have to figure out what the names of the collections are under davical, automatically generated collections have a large UID name instead of the example collection names. I.e. they have to add a bunch of URL's like this individually as calendars:
    davical_base_url/caldav.php/username/work/
    davical_base_url/caldav.php/username/personal/
    davical_base_url/caldav.php/username/worktodo/
    davical_base_url/caldav.php/username/personaltodo/
    davical_base_url/caldav.php/username/8302E5D8-3630-419E-BCFC-A6A144D292C8/
    Are there any workarounds for this or is it in the works? other calendaring applications in the ecosystem haven't had an issue, Android is fine, iOS is fine, CalDavZAP is fine.
    Hopefully someone can help,
    Cheers.

Hi all,
    Just curious if anyone was able to solve this.
    We experienced the same issue in both NW2004 (SP 20) and NW2004s (SP11).
    Through trial and error, I disabled the portal integration flag, and the InputHelpV2 started working perfectly.  Decided to search SDN this morning to see if anyone else had run across this, and this post was right on the same issue.
    When the portal integration flag is enabled, and you perform the F4 dropdown...your browser seems to hang, and no popup window is displayed until you click in the browser window with your mouse.  Once you click in the window, a tiny small InputHelpV2 window pops up, but it isn't functional (i.e. you can't highlight a row, and click on the check mark without getting an IE error (Access is denied)).
    Best Regards,
    Chris Cassidy

• I am having troubles at the moment to make a slide show...the app closed unexpected. and I can not finish the work, plus, the music is not reproduced...

I am having troubles at the moment of making slide show. specially when I want to chage the parameters. the app get closed. If I do not try to change the paramenters any way he music is not reproduced...I would like to download again the app, maybe it is corrupted...
    thanks

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 9 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:
    - What version of iPhoto.
    - What version of the Operating System.
    - Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.
    - History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?
    - What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.
    - Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?
    Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

• The WiFi on my iPhone 4s will not turn on. I need to back up to iCloud in order to replace the phone. A worker at the Apple Store said that if I connected my phone to the computer, then I could back up to iCloud but it doesn't work!

Last weekend I went to the Apple store to replace my phone because the WiFi on my phone is nonfunctional. I need to back up to iCloud before I can replace my phone because I have information on there that needs to be saved. The worker at the Apple store said that, since I cannot connect to WiFi, I needed to plug my phone into my computer in order to back up. I went into iTunes and turned iCloud on, but my phone still will not back up to iCloud. So, I need to know exactly how to back up my iPhone to iCloud without WiFi?

salayer wrote:
    should I restore from an old icloud back up from last month and see if my wifi comes on then?
    Unfortunately, you can't restore an iCloud backup without using wifi so that isn't an option.

• How to use the url in the work item

hi ,guys ,
       I have question in design the workflow, my scenario is as follows : I develop the workflow in the sap gui ,then integrate it into the portal using uwl . now i want add a link in the work item ,before approver excute the work item ,the approver can click the url to view the detail approval information ,and the system popup a web window which link to the pcui application . and someone advise me to maintain the href in the work item text ,but i have no iead on it ?can anybody give me some advices or sample material ?thanks in advance .
    Jialiang.Qiu

Hi
    If we talking about adding an URL in the GUI workitem display you can proceed as follows:
    1. In the workitem text editor, change the editor to line editor (Goto -> Change editor)
    2. enter the tag /* (Usually used for comments) to the left
    3. enter the URL on the line as follows <a href=http://www.cnn.com> click here</a>
    Regards
    Morten Nielsen

• How do I update event movie quality without disrupting the work in my edited project.

I have a pretty unique problem. I have just over 2 hours of 1080p footage for a music video. I imported it into iMovie, and started working. After a few hours I realized that the setting of "Automatically resize imported video as 960x540" was selected.
    I'd like to keep the work in the project, but update the imported video that was 960x540 to it's full 1080p. I understand this would mean replacing all the footage in the event with the full HD video, but would the project be disrupted if this is done?

In theory this might work, but I have never tried it.
    I would recommend that you do one of the following ideas.
    1) Test it in a small event and a small project.
    Or
    2) Make a copy of your current Event folder and store it someplace safe. Then move everything from the current Event folder into the trash (Clips, cache folders, thumbnails folders, everything). Then empty the trash. Then reimport your video to this same folder.  If it does not work, replace this new folder with your copy.
    Please let us know how it goes.

• No light on my screen - can see my work in the background

i have a black screen on my macbook pro... i can see the work in the background - it is faint. the light button on the screen has been tried..... anyone have a suggestion on how to get my screen back? please?

Hey..
    it the LCD prob. U need to replace it with a new one. Go to any laptop repair store to get it fixed.

• Display construction type on the structure list within the work order

I have a work order written against an equipment which has a construction type assigned to it.  When using the structure list from the components tab of the work order, the construction type does not display under the equipment in the list.  If I run the same structure list from transaction IH03, the construction type does display under the equipment.  How can I add the construction type to display on the structure list within the work order?  We are on release 4.7
    Thanks,
    Terry Gaskin

Thanks PeteA, we know we can do that, but we are looking to get it consistent with IH03, where the construction type shows without being added to the BOM.  The construction type is listed immediately below the equipment in IH03.
    Thanks

• Having the presentation and the person on the scre...

Hi,
    I am organizing a presentation for somebody who is abroad. I understand that he will share his screen with us so that we can have his presentation projected in the room. However, we would also like to see him as he is presenting the work on the same screen. Is this possible? How? Also, if this requires a premium account, we have a premium account on our end. Does he need to have a premium acount on his end as well? 
    Thanks!

Screen sharing with video should work if just one of the participants has Premium account. Moreover, it doesn’t matter who has Premium account, just one of the participants.

• My iPad orientation is not working after the IOS 8 update.  Please fix this bug!

my iPad air orientation is not working after the IOS8 update.  Can you fix this bug? Thx

Did you try a reset?
    Restart / Reset
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

• BUG - Drag and drop an image, only working at the 2nd try

I use the last version of JDeveloper : 11g R1 : 11.1.1.2.0
    I try to drag and drop an image in a facet of a panelsplitter.
    Once the page is loaded, the first time I try to drag the image, it does not work : the image does not follow the mouse.
    When I try to drag the image again, then it works : the image follow the mouse
    So I don't think it's related to the destination/target.
    I feel it's so simple, since it just requires to add <af:componentDragSource/> inside <af:image/>
    that if it does not work, it can only be a bug in the functionality offered by ADF ...
    Or maybe there is something wrong with the generation of the page ?
    I get this message in blue in the "running log of WebLogic" :
    <FormRenderer><setupEncodingContext> Multiple forms detected on viewId: /myPage.jspx. Rich client currently has some limitations in dealing with multiple forms.
    Please note that I use jsp:include inside f:subview to include fragments (.jsff) so that the source and the destination are not in the same file, the source in a .jsff while the destination is on the main .jspx
    The code related to the drag and drop :
    <af:form id="form">
    <af:panelSplitter orientation="vertical" splitterPosition="70" id="psHeader" clientComponent="true">
    <af:panelAccordion id="paPref" discloseNone="true" styleClass="fullSize">
    <af:showDetailItem id="sdiTemp" text="Templates">
    <af:panelBox>
    <af:panelGroupLayout id="pglTemp" layout="scroll">
    <af:panelList id="plTemp" rows="2">
    <af:image id="imTemp2up" source="/images/anImage.jpg" inlineStyle="" shortDesc="...">
    <af:componentDragSource/>
    </af:image>
    <f:facet name="second">
    <af:dropTarget dropListener="#{dropHandler.handleComponentMove}" actions="MOVE">
    <af:dataFlavor flavorClass="javax.faces.component.UIComponent"/>
    </af:dropTarget>
    Any idea ?
    Thanks in advance,
    JP

Hi,
    no bug that I can detect here as it works for me with the same setup. How likely is it that the image is too small so that you don't grab it probably the first time?
    Frank

• I have to keep turning on an off the wi-fi connection to connect to my network after system shutdown with mountain lion, I did not have to do this with 10.6.8 before I upgraded, is there a bug fix in the works?

I have to keep turning on an off the wi-fi connection to connect to my network after system shutdown with mountain lion, I did not have to do this with 10.6.8 before I upgraded, is there a bug fix in the works?

Many have posted this fix:
    Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver > Computer Sleep ... set to anything greater than the 15 min. default setting.

• Can I just add a state to bug work item and not set the state to the workflow

Hi,
    Based on my team, we need to add a state/states to the bug work item, just add the bug state, and let it displayed in the state dropdown list. We don't want to add the state to the workflow. Can I do that? 
    Thanks,
    shmily

Hi shmily,
    If you add a state for the bug in your work item definition file, you have to define the transition for the state. If not, when you change the state, the backlog page or task board will not display the work item correctly.
    Please check the links below for more information about workflow design guidelines and customization for work item type:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms194981.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh409273.aspx
    Best regards,
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click
    HERE to participate the survey.

Maybe you are looking for