New to Solaris...need help with netra T1

I want to learn a form of Unix and thought Solaris would be a good place to start. I purchased a netra T1 in a package deal with some other equipment and am having a learning experience. The box came with Solaris 9, currently running 5.8. I can get the LOM interface up...I can get to the lom> prompt and the $ prompt but can't get any commands suggested by the install manual to work. The Netra T1 has a CDROM so I am trying the boot cdrom command...following is the sequence of events:
$boot cdrom
boot: not found
Any suggestions or links to documentation is appreciated.
Brittan

On the Netra you have three levels - lom (Lights out managment) is the 'bottom' level. From here you can control power to the box, etc
The next level is the OBP (Open Boot Prom) - This is the one you need to be at in order to do your boot cdrom
The top level is the OS running - if you've got a $ prompt, then chances are you're logged in as someone other than root on the server with the OS running.
To get to the OBP you'll want to be root. Assuming you know the root password type su -
supply the root password when prompted. Your $ will now change to a # this indicates you are now the superuser (root).
Now you can issue commands such as shutdown, halt, etc
shutdown -g0 -y -i0 (those are both zero) will tidy shutdown the box to the OBP
alternatively, if you're going to reinstall the OS anyway, you don't really care about a tidy shutdown and halt will do the trick
you're now at the OBP prompt ( ok> )
from here you can type boot cdrom
cdrom is an alias setup on the system and should be set to point to the CDROM device on your Netra

Similar Messages

• New here and need help with design

Hello all, I am working on my son's first birthday thank you cards.  I need help removing the line in between the blue and green background.  Thanks. Stacey

You also have a narrow black line on the lower left side.
    Increase the the magnification to 500% and select the black and the white lines with the Magic Wand (Continuous checked).  Feather by one pixel.  Sample the green right under the white line, make it the Foreground Color and fill the selection with it.
    Juergen

• New Oracle DBA - Need help with backup & restore procedure via RMAN

Hello everyone,
    I've been a SQL Server DBA for 12 years now, but new to the Oracle space. My first assignment at work was to refresh our training environment with production. So with that said, I took a full backup of our production database via RMAN and backed up the Control File. I then copied both the Control File and full backup from our production environment to training. I followed the procedures listed in the URL below:
    http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_rman_clone+copy_database.htm
    I then connected to RMAN and executed a 'show all' which is as follows:
    RMAN configuration parameters are:
    CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 1; # default
    CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF; # default
    CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK; # default
    CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP OFF; # default
    CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '%F'; # default
    CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 1 BACKUP TYPE TO BACKUPSET; # default
    CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
    CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
    CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED; # default
    CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO NONE; # default
    The CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP was set to ON but received a message that the database needed to be mounted, so, I mounted the database and made the changes, but when I shutdown the database and performed the startup nomount again, the settings were gone. Are these settings valid only when the database is mounted? How can I successfully refresh this training environment with production data? I'm at a standstill here so any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Pete

The CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP was set to ON but received a message that the database needed to be mounted, so, I mounted the database and made the changes, but when I shutdown the database and performed the startup nomount again, the settings were gone. These settings are persistent settings.So these information retain in control files.To reading information from control files database instance must be MOUNT or OPEN stage.Due to you have mount instance and try SHOW ALL command through RMAN.
    Are these settings valid only when the database is mounted? Not only MOUNT also OPEN stage.
    How can I successfully refresh this training environment with production data? I'm at a standstill here so any help would be very much appreciated.
    There are several ways like duplication.But you take full backup from production database using BACKUP DATABASE through rman.In this case you will get also AUTOBACKUP for controlfiles/spfiles.Then copy these backup files and all available archive logs to training server and perform below steps.
    1) You have set properly ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID environment variable.After that first need restore spfile as
    rman target /
    startup force nomount;
    restore spfile from 'autobackup_location';
    startup force nomount;2) Now you have to restore controlfiie as
      rman>restore controlfile from  'autobackup_location';
    rman>alter database mount;
      3) Now need catalog(it means register) all backup files and archivelogs in new restored controlfile as
       rman>catalog start with 'backuplocation';
       4) Finally you can restore and recover your database as below
       rman>restore database;
    rman>recover database;
    rman>alter database open resetlogs;
       If you want restore database to new location then before executing RESTORE DATABASE command you can use SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE clause.Firstly refer backup recovery guide in online documentation.

• New to Oracle- Need help with installation from cmd shell.

Hello!
    I am writing a script to automate the installation of Oracle Forms and Reports 6i in XP through cmd.exe. The script works great, but the command is incomplete.
    Currently the command in the script is "setup -responseFile directory\response.rsp".
    This is supposed to generate a .rsp file containing all the options I selected in the custom installation (so I can simply call that file in future implementations of this script to automatically get all those settings), but it does not.
    Does any one know what might be wrong: why isn't this generating the response file?
    Or, do you know the arguments for the command so that I don't even need a response file?
    I've googled this about a dozen times and found nothing very helpful.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    P.S. I've also tried -record -destinationFile. No luck with that either.
    Message was edited by:
    user582111

Madrid,
    I had already tried that with no success. Just to be sure, I tried it again a moment ago exactly as you have it written except for the location name ("setup.exe -record -destinationFile \\directory\response.rsp"). Again, I don't see a response file.
    I have viewed the link you sent me as well. Unfortunately, it looks like a I need to use the Universal Installer? I don't see anything like that in my installation directory. Am I completely missing something? Oracle is a whole new bag for me.

• New to swing :( need help with simple text areas

i'm trying to make a username and pasword GUI thingy (techinical word) but what i have now is this:-
    import javax.swing.*;
    import javax.swing.text.*;
    import javax.swing.*;
    import javax.swing.text.*;
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;
    import java.net.URL;
    import java.io.IOException;
    public class swing1 extends JFrame implements ActionListener
         private String newline = "\n";
         protected static final String textFieldString = "JTextField";
         protected static final String passwordFieldString = "JPasswordField";
         protected JLabel actionLabel;
         private JTextField textField;
         private JPasswordField passwordField;
         private Container p; // make a panel to witch the components can be added
         public swing1()
              super("swing1");
              //Create a regular text field.
              textField = new JTextField(10);
              textField.setActionCommand(textFieldString);
              textField.addActionListener(this);
              //Create a password field.
              passwordField = new JPasswordField(10);
              passwordField.setActionCommand(passwordFieldString);
              passwordField.addActionListener(this);
              //Create some labels for the fields.
              JLabel textFieldLabel = new JLabel(textFieldString + ": ");
              textFieldLabel.setLabelFor(textField);
              JLabel passwordFieldLabel = new JLabel(passwordFieldString + ": ");
              passwordFieldLabel.setLabelFor(passwordField);
              //Create a label to put messages during an action event.
              actionLabel = new JLabel("Type text and then Return in a field.");
              actionLabel.setBorder(BorderFactory.createEmptyBorder(10,0,0,0));
              //Lay out the text controls and the labels.
              p=getContentPane(); //get te contant pane of this Swing1 to add the componets to
              p.add("West",textField); //add your fist component, add it west on the dafault borderLayout
              p.add("East",textFieldLabel);// add another component, add it east on the dafault borderLayout
              p.add("South",passwordField);// add it south on the dafault borderLayout
              p.add("North",actionLabel); // add it north on the dafault borderLayout
              setSize(400,100); //make it a bit bigger
              setVisible(true);
              public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
                   Object o = e.getSource();// the component that fired this event
                   if (o == textField)
                        //action from the textField
                   else if (o == passwordField)
                        //action from passwordfield
              public static void main(String[] args)
                                  JFrame frame = new TextSamplerDemo();
                                  frame.addWindowListener(new WindowAdapter()
                                       public void windowClosing(WindowEvent e)
                                                 System.exit(0);
                                                                new swing1(); //make a new instance of your class
    [\code]
    why won't the label on my password field dislay?
    and can you take a look at the end of my code i got it off another program, i want to get rid of the HTML page its trying to access and i want it just to close when i click X
    any help would be briliant
    Ant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Since you are new to Swing the first thing I would recommend is to read the tutorial "Creating a Gui with JFC/Swing". I think the Text Component section has a demo on creating a username/password GUI. It can be downloaded at:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
    Why doesn't the password field label display? You are not adding it to the container. You add textField, textFieldLabel, passwordField, actionLabel but no passwordFieldLabel.
    Instead of adding a WindowListener and implementing the windowClosing() method, there is an easier way to close the JFrame in JDK1.3. Simply use:
    frame.setDefaultCloseOperation( EXIT_ON_CLOSE );
    The class "TextSamplerDemo" doesn't belong in this class (it must be a demo class you downloaded from somewhere). All the code you need in the main method is:
    JFrame frame = new swing1();
    frame.setDefaultCloseOperation( EXIT_ON_CLOSE );
    Also, by convention classes should be named with the first character of each word capitalized. So you class should be renamed to "Swing1" from "swing1". Also remember to rename the file as the filename and class name must be the same and case does matter.

• New logic user, need help with multi-channel inst and aux strips.

Greetings all,
    So I just purchased a new Mac Pro 2.66 and Logic Pro 7 to run with it. I have been a long time Nuendo/Cubase user on the PC side of things but since I got the Mac I wanted a DAW that was supported fully for the apple platform.
    Anyways, its a world of difference and I am very confused as I wrap my head around the learning curve, so in the meantime I have one important question maybe some one could help me with.
    The question is regarding Aux channel stips for Multi channel instruments. In this scenario I am working with Battery 3, it took me a while to understand that I actually needed to create these aux channels just to have seperate outs in Battery which seems really wierd and overly time consuming.
    As an example in Nuendo once you create the instance of Battery, the audio mixer automatically just creates the corresponding stereo and mono channels instantly. This obviously makes is a sinch to assign Batteries pads to seperate outs for eq/comps for seperate sounds.
    Now the Battery manual doesnt even make a reference to Aux channels for assigning outs in Logic, I actually had to do a Google search to figure this out.
    Anways, sorry for rambling...
    Here is the main issue.... How can I quickly and easily create multiple Aux's? In the mixer there is really only enough room in there to add like 1 more Aux strip, if I want to add more than that I need to re-arrange the entire global mixer which seems like a crazy system, surely there must be a more convenient method for getting muti-channel audio instruments set up quicker.
    Any help you can assist with would be exceptional!
    Thanks in advance.

Not sure what exactly your question is, especially since I don't use battery. But as far as creating aux tracks:
    • go to the audio layer of the environment (not the track mixer window), find the two defalt aux tracks
    • Highlight all tracks to the right of the aux tracks (these should be bus and output tracks), and drag to the right far enough to fit in a bunch of aux tracks; you might even want to drag the all underneath the aux tracks, if your screen accomodates
    • use the key command shift-command-a multiples times to create several new "audio objects", and double click each one to expand
    • highlight all the new objects and select options/clean up/ align objects (makes it look nicer)
    • still highlighted, over in the parameters section (left side) select a channel, setting it to the highest number aux (at this point, probably "aux 3")
    • now individual set the channel for each aux track – you'll see that now you have available "aux 4"; next time you set a successive track you'll see "aux 5" and so on
    • once you've got things set up the way you want, save it as a template so you don't have to do this again later

• Moved to new server and needing help with feed

My website www.gothamknightsonline.com has been moved to a new server and I am needing to keep the feed updated with new and old podcasts. I have reposted some of the old episodes as well as a new one I just posted. I have not been able to get the feed to show up. When I view our podcasts itunes page all of the info on each individual podcast is now gone with just the episodes listed and no more information.
    Here is the feed URL: http://gothamknightsonline.com/category/podcast/feed/ (I have verified the feed) but I am not certain if this is the same feed URL that was listed before. Either way the plugin i used for my podcasts in wordpress has this in the feed as well as our iTunes id and URL ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/batman-gotham-knights-online/id315370686)
    I am doing all of this on a Wordpress blog using the podpress plugin.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    -Garrey

iTunes is looking for a feed at http://www.gothamknightsonline.com/feed/?cat=10 and not finding it - checking this I don't get 'file not found' but if there is a file there it contains no data whatever.
    I assume this is your original feed URL. The method for redirecting iTunes to another feed URL involves placing a special tag in the original feed, and is described in detail here:
    http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#move
    Your new feed contains this tag (effectively redirecting to itself); you need to place a copy of the feed, with the redirect tag, at the original URL and leave it there for a couple of weeks. If you are unable to do this the two alternatives are described in my article.

• New 5g touch need help with photo setting and..

Hello!
    Can someone help me pls. I'm sure anyone who has a 4g touch or iphone 5 or previous iphone can help. I'm coming from ipod touch 2g so a lot of this technology is foreign to me. Anyway, I accidentally synced my photo's from my computer onto my touch. I don't want thousands of pics on there. I can't seem to find a delete button for the albums on the touch. How do I delete them from my ipod? I have transferred pictured I've taken from the ipod to my computer, so I am not worried about deleting them. I have deleted individual pictures but thousands would take forever one by one. Also, I have set this ipod as a new device as I want to be particular about what is on it. So I didn't want to back up from my 2g. I've notice that when I synced and chose the game/apps I wanted on the device that they all reset. the games have deleted their save information and I have to start from scratch. Is this normal?
    Thanks,
    From a long time coming updated device!

I think I might need a little clarification on your problem. But just to clarify, the iPod Touch nor the iPhone support synchronization over WiFi, they still have to be synchronized over a physical iPod cable. Are you trying to get both the iPod and the computer connected to the internet? Do you own a wireless router?

• New to OBIEE need help with Formula

Is it possible to use a prompt in a column formula filter for e.g. FILTER("Defect Facts"."Detected on Date" USING "Defect Facts"."Detected on Date" = '@{11/20/2009 12:00:00 AM}')) this formula does not works for the column. What i need to do is create a filter that will only pull back the date > 11/12/2009 using the formula. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to create a filter in the formula and not create a filter for my report? If i create a filter for my report and do a drill down it ignores the date and pull back all defects.
    Thanks for your help
    Edited by: CedricG on Dec 28, 2009 11:37 AM

Ok my problem may not be the filters. I created a detail drill down for my defects and created a second report with the number of defects. In the second report, I created a table that displays the total number of defects by Product and severity.
    Ex:
    Defect
    Total Defect
    Product S1 - Critical S2 - High S3 - Medium S4 - Low
    RPAS 6 1 2 3
    RMS 7 2 1 3 1
    Grand Total 13 2 2 5 4
    I used Bins to group my products and name them one name.
    Ex:
    1) Product is equal to / is in "RPAS for Merch Financial Planning - 1814", "Extract Tranform and Load - 1803" and named that Bin RPAS
    2) Product is equal to / is in "Merchandising System - 1816", "RMS" and named that Bin RMS
    If i wanted to see what are the 2 defects for RPAS that's a S3-Medium, I would select the 2 but it displays 414 of the defects in my database and not the two taht i'm expecting. I think my problem is I'm passing the "RPAS" to my defect drill product prompt and not the actual value Merch Financial Planning - 1814. Do you knw how to get around this? It works if i dont group them in the Bin.

• New to iphone need help with entourage and tasks

Hello,
    Just got my direct fulfillment iphone today. i am trying to get my entourage 2004 info to my iphone. By following:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1670
    I am using my personal iMac running leopard without mobile me. I can see my calendar and my contacts, but I can not figure where my tasks would even show up.
    So, here are my questions:
    1. Is there a better method for syncing this info?
    2. should my tasks show up and where?
    3. Do the same steps work with office:mac 2008? If not what is different?
    4. Any other helpful info?

Settings > Sounds > New Mail, make sure it's ON. Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data > set it to an interval such as Every 15 minutes. Your phone will check for new mail at that interval, and if there is new mail, your phone will sound an alert and vibrate.
    You are accessing your account via POP (the only way to access Hotmail using the iPhone's mail app), so it cannot be 'linked' such that changes on one device are reflected on other devices - that's a function of IMAP email, and Hotmail does not support IMAP.

• Buying a new Mac Pro, need help with Screen

Hello everyone, Im getting a Mac Pro, and I need a good lcd monitor to go with it. At the same time I would like to be able to have a LCD screen in my room to watch tv. Is it possible to watch tv with the Apple displays, any other displays or should I buy a LCD TV that has capabilities to be connected to a computer. I read a post that suggested a Dell screen to somebody for the purpose of watching tv.
    Please any advice would be appreciated.
    Gonzo

Elgato <http://www.elgato.com> lets you watch a record TV programs on the Mac's screen.
    There are some non-Apple monitors with video, as well as DVI inputs. Some even contain TV tuners and speakers.
    Some TVs can be used as computer monitors but there are potential problems:
    Low resolution
    Overscan (menu bar and dock off the screen)
    Computer display not filling screen
    Non-square pixels
    Interlacing

• NEW to Programming- Need help with this

Ok this is what I have so far, and Im very noob at programming so bare with me.. I get one error when trying to run , it says " ; expected instead of this token "
    Here is my code
    import java.awt.*;
    import hsa.Console;
    public class Cs
    static Console c; // The output console
    public static void main (String [] args)
    c = new Console ();
    String name;
    String answer;
    c.clear ();
    c.println ("Please enter your name.");
    name = c.readLine ();
    c.println ("Hello " + name + " Welcome to Counter-Strike (text) current map, de_dust");
    c.println ("Which team would you like to join, t or ct (terrorist or counter-terrorist).");
    answer = c.readLine ();
    if (answer.equals ("t"))
    c.println ("Welcome to the Terrorist team, you spawn with an AK-47, Glock 18 and full armor and helmet. You have maximum capacity of ammo.");
    c.println ("You run to the top of the steps and you have 2 choices");
    c.println ("Choice 1: You go straight ahead towards the underpass to the Counter-Terrorist side.");
    c.println ("Choice 2: You decide to go left and make your way to the halls in the middle of the map.");
    c.println ("Type 1 or 2 depending on your choice");
    answer = c.readLine ();
    if (answer.equals ("1"))
    c.println ("You are now on top of the underpass, you have a decision to make.");
    c.println ("Choice 1: You go down the ramp and head for the Counter-Terrorist base.");
    c.println ("Choice 2: You feel somthing bad about the ramp, and head back up the steps towards the halls.");
    c.println ("Type 1 or 2 depending on your choice");
    answer = c.readLine ();
    if (answer.equals ("1"))
    c.println ("You head down the ramp towards the CT Side");
    c.println ("As you reach the middle of the area , you look up and see a Sniper");
    c.println ("Just as you begin to shoot a few bullets from your AK, you are killed in one shot");
    c.println ("Your team rushed left through the halls and almost took over the site, but failed");
    c.println ("Counter-Terrorists Win");
    c.println ("You can restart the game by typing retry");
    else
    c.println ("You head into the halls with your team");
    c.println ("You now have 2 choices");
    c.println ("Choice 1: You take the backhall to your right");
    c.println ("Choice 2: You walk with your team down the halls to the left");
    c.println ("Type 1 or 2 depending on your decision");
    else
    c.println ("Welcome to the Counter-Terrorist team, you spawn with a Colt-M4A1, USP and full armor and helmet. You have maximum capacity of ammo.");
    c.println ("You are standing on the top ramp at the CT base, you have to defend the 2 bombsites. You are currently in bombsite A.");
    c.println ("Your 4 other teamates are going to defend bombsite A, You must make a decision!");
    c.println ("Choice 1: Go into the bombsite with the rest of your team.");
    c.println ("Choice 2: Go to the left and setup in the snipers nest or go towards the back entrance to the halls");
    answer = c.readLine ();
    if (answer.equals ("1"))
    c.println ("You have decided to go with your team in the bombsite, everyone is setup watching both entrances to the site");
    c.println ("You hear lots of footsteps , it sounds like at least 4 guys comming, you see a nade blow away a teammate");
    c.println ("All of a sudden 4 flashbangs come flying into the site through both doors, the screen goes white, you cant see a thing");
    c.println ("You can slowly start to see again but your team is already dead, and so are you.");
    c.println ("Terrorists Win, You may retry the game by typing retry.");
    }

else
    c.println ("Welcome to the Counter-Terrorist team, you spawn with a Colt-M4A1, USP and full armor and helmet. You have maximum capacity of ammo.");
    c.println ("You are standing on the top ramp at the CT base, you have to defend the 2 bombsites. You are currently in bombsite A.");
    c.println ("Your 4 other teamates are going to defend bombsite A, You must make a decision!");
    c.println ("Choice 1: Go into the bombsite with the rest of your team.");
    c.println ("Choice 2: Go to the left and setup in the snipers nest or go towards the back entrance to the halls");
    answer = c.readLine ();
    This part... else without if... no if statement...cannot use else.. For IDE, try Jcreator... www.jcreator.com.. i recommend using the 2.5 instead of the 3.0

• New build. Need help with choosing GPU

New system is built around:
    i7 5960x
    32gb ram
    240gb ssd for cache (AE and PremierePro)
    2 x 1tr hdd's in RAID 0
    3tr hdd for storage
    I'm trying to decide what GPU to get. My budget is $400. GTX 970 seems like a good choice but I don't know if there is really any performance difference between 970 and cheaper nVidia GPU's, as AE and Premiere are mostly CPU powered.
    It's worth mentioning that I'm going to buy Element 3D v2 for AE as well.
    Any advice would be highly appreciated.

No AME uses the GPU for the same processes that Premiere does which includes scaling, interpolation, and some FX. Scaling and interpolation are often very intensive processing tasks so using the GPU for those allows the CPU to focus on decoding and encoding which saves significant time on render/export. If you render the Project via AE's render queue then no GPU acceleration will be used. If you render via AME then yes the GPU acceleration would be used to some extent. I normally suggest people link AE back to Premiere if they have to link and then export from Premiere. The better way is to export from AE as finished and import the finished into Premiere and replace the comp area. The performance with AE linked to Premiere is far more limiting that AE render directly.
    Eric
    ADk

• New Quicktime user needs help with MPEG!

Hi, i'm a first time apple and quicktime user and trying to figure out how i can convert/open my MPEG movie files so that quciktime understands them.
    Is using MPEG streamlined app. the only way? cause i'm kinda trying to find a free way of doing it... any suggestions?
    thanks.

You have to separate out the audio and video tracks (referred to as "demuxing") of an MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 file before you import it into QuickTime to be able to edit or convert the video. You will need additional software; QuickTime cannot demultiplex MPEG. MPEG Streamclip is a popular utility and is free, and there are others as well, including.
    http://www.mpeg2works.2ya.com/
    http://www.biermann.org/philipp/mpegcut/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/macbbdemux
    http://diva.3ivx.com (may not extract the audio)
    Hope this helps.

• New to Keynote - need help with clipart please

Hi All,
    First let me say that I am NOT computer savvy. I just got iWork '09 yesterday, and have been using PowerPoint for Mac up to this point. It's easy to pull clipart into a PPT presentation, but I'm having difficulty doing this in Keynote. Is there such a thing as a Mac or Keynote clipart gallery, similar to the one offered by Microsoft Office, that I can access while working in my presentation and easily drop onto a slide? The only things (that I'm aware of) that Keynote will allow me to insert into my document now are photos from iPhoto, music and video. I desperately need clipart, though!
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Here's a better idea than the clip art stuff in PPT. Visit Animation Factory (http://www.animationfactory.com) sign up for the $99 per year subscription (cheapest of three levels). And download to your heart's content for clip art. Go to http://www.freeplaymusic.com/ to acquire all the royalty music you want (not free but, royalty free unless you're educational, then it's free) .
    Yes, these things cost money, but considering the differences in price between Microsoft products and Apple products, you can do this for a long time and it's still cheaper. Add since you get to use things not seen as often coming from MS gallery, then it is the creative person's treasure chest.

Maybe you are looking for

• ITunes won't install I keep getting "The installer has insuficient privileges to modify this file: C:\programFiles\iPod\Acknowledgements.rtf." it comes up if I try to uninstall iTunes as well.

iTunes won't install on my PC after using it for several years, now I get the following error message; "The installer has insuficient privileges to modify this file:C:\programFiles\iPod\Acknowledgements\rtf." I get the same error message if I try to

• How to remove a duplicate driver?

i have a Leybold 23xxxx pressure meter. By accident there are two Leybold 23xxxx drivers in the system now and i get strange errors with my VIs. I have installed one driver via LV (this is a very old version) and there is another (newer)  Version i d

• How to use string control as terminal window

Hello All I am trying to create a terminal window in my VI and to do this i have a string control and a string indicator. I want the user to be able to write a command in the terminal and when hitting enter the control should update, but not before!

• Treeview Selected Node is not visible

Hi I have below code snippet                             TreeNode tn = TreeView1.FindNode(DefaultCustomFolderPath);                             if (tn != null)                             TreeView1.CollapseAll();                                      

• Need help realted to BPM

hi all, I am trying a simple scenario using BPM to split a file into 2 files. In communication channel monitoring sender channel is processing succesfully but i am unable to see any messages in SXMB_MONI_BPE. and no files are being generated in targe