Replacing Trackpoint Cap why do the replacements not have the black plastic piece? T420

So I feel like my trackpoint has begun to wear down on my T420 and I went to replace it today with the similar cap from the Trackpoint Cap Collection (73P2698) that I ordered with my machine. When I removed my cap I was suprised to see that there was a piece of black plastic attached to the underside of the cap. None of the caps in the collection have this plastic piece, and I seem to be unable to remove it from the cap. Without the black plastic piece, the caps don't seem to fit correctly.
Does anyone have any ideas?
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

I'll try to take it out with tweezers. It is really wedged into the cap. Does the stick have a part number? If I accidentally break it will I be able to call have one sent to me under warranty?
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.

Similar Messages

• Apple TV is blinking and requesting to connect cable with itunes, why? I do not have the USB cable since it doesn't come with the Apple TV .

Apple TV is blinking and requesting to connect cable with itunes, why? I do not have the USB cable since it doesn't come with the Apple TV .

Hello folks
    I had the same problem today: Apple TV is blinking light and requesting to connect cable with Itunes (Itunes Logo appears)
    I solved the problem according Alley_Cat mentioned and described in link bellow:
    In my case, I restored factoring setting using a Micro USB Cable connected in Itunes
    Follow the steps carefully described in link bellow
    Good luck.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

• HT4623 why my iphone does not have the software update option

why my iphone does not have the software update option

Are you sure you're connected to a network and that your iphone isn't on airplane mode?

• Why is the black iPhone 4/4S more durable than the white?

I've owned both a black and a white 4S
    The black was much more durable, mine flew out my hand and hit the tap, no damage just a big scratch to the back glass because thats where it hit, but it did make the back loose
    I had a white, and it smashed the back like 2 inches off concrete, I'm serious.. That's how fragile they are...
    I Now have A Galaxy S4
    Why is the black iPhone more durable than the white? I never understood that...

Not sure what causes it, but here are your choices:
    1) bring it to a 3rd party repair shop and see what they say
    2) pay $149 for another replacement
    3) do nothing
    4) buy a new phone (iPhone or otherwise)
    Up to you.

• Why does front row not have simple organization?

I currently have a hard drive hooked into my macmini which is hooked up to my TV. On my hard drive I have over 1000 movies, all purchased through iTunes. However when I use front row and i goto the movie section, I have to scroll through every movie to get to the one I want. There's no way to scroll by letter, only one by one. This is horrible and takes forever. Can apple do an update that makes the right button on the apple remote for scrolling letter by letter. For example, you click the right button to goto movies starting with B, C, D, E, F, etc. Then the down button for one by one scrolling. Also, why does front row not have genres? AppleTV does. Why not incorporate that into front row? Think, Apple, Think.

You can have sub-folders in the Movies folder and arrange your movies alphabetically that way.
    But if you want to alert Apple to your idea, then use this link:
    Where to send product feedback to Apple:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/

• Why CollabSuite 2 do not have Forum app Feature

Why CollabSuite 2 do not have Forum app Features?
    How to integrate the LDAP?
    Can Web conferencing now to use Netcape, Mozilla, Opera?
    Thanks for the help.
    [email protected]

Hey Lucas 8115,
    Thanks for the question. The following resource outlines how to start using iCloud Drive. Please note that any documents that you've already stored in iCloud are automatically moved to iCloud Drive when you upgrade. This means that devices that are not supported with iCloud Drive may be unable to access your documents (more info):
    iCloud Drive FAQ
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201104
    How do I start using iCloud Drive?
    If you currently use iCloud, update all of your devices to the required OS (see above), then go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Upgrade to iCloud Drive. Any documents that you've already stored in iCloud are automatically moved to iCloud Drive when you upgrade.
    Thanks,
    Matt M.

• Why my iphone5s do not have icloud drive feature ?

why my iphone5s do not have icloud drive feature ?

Hey Lucas 8115,
    Thanks for the question. The following resource outlines how to start using iCloud Drive. Please note that any documents that you've already stored in iCloud are automatically moved to iCloud Drive when you upgrade. This means that devices that are not supported with iCloud Drive may be unable to access your documents (more info):
    iCloud Drive FAQ
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201104
    How do I start using iCloud Drive?
    If you currently use iCloud, update all of your devices to the required OS (see above), then go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Upgrade to iCloud Drive. Any documents that you've already stored in iCloud are automatically moved to iCloud Drive when you upgrade.
    Thanks,
    Matt M.

• Why my 3gs do not have wifi hotspot

why my 3gs do not have wifi hotspot

If you're talking about the Personal Hotspot feature, you must be using a supported carrier who supports that feature, and you must subscribe to a data plan that includes tethering.

• Good afternoon Apple Store. I'd really like to ask why my purchase does not have that engraving wich I made out in order??

Good afternoon Apple Store. I'd really like to ask why my purchase
    does not have that  engraving wich I made out in order?? 
    Regards
    Anton Fedchenko
    <Order Number Edited by Host>

Try
    http://store.apple.com/us/help/contact?mco=MTM3NDgzMDc
    If you are not in the USA, click the 'Change country' link at the very bottom and select your country. this will take you to the Store page for that country - at the very bottom right you will find a phone number.

• HT4203 Why does my iPhone4 not have an imessage feature or a software update feature?!

Why does my iPhone4 not have an imessage feature or a software update? Really frustrating when I can't even download a Facebook app? Seriously guys ice up your game!

The incredible ranga wrote:
    Why does my iPhone4 not have an imessage feature or a software update? ...
    Those are features of iOS 5 or later... You have iOS 4...
    You need to Update your Device...
    See Here...
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4972
    OR...
    Connect to iTunes on the computer you usually Sync with and “ Check for Updates “...
    If an Update Appears Install it... if not... you are up to date for your particular Device...
    See the Using iTunes Section Here...
    How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• HT4623 Why does my IPad not have a Software Updates button in my General tab?

Why does my IPad not have a Software Updates button in my General tab?

The Settings > General > Software Update option only appears when you have iOS 5+ installed, if you have iOS 4 then you will need to do the update via your computer's iTunes.
    To update, connect the iPad to your computer's iTunes and copy any purchases off the iPad to your computer via File > Transfer Purchases. You may also want to copy photos and any important documents off the iPad as well e.g. via the file sharing section at the bottom of the device's apps tab when connected to iTunes, via wifi, email, dropbox etc - they should be included in the backup, but it's best to have a copy of them outside of the backup just in case. You can then force a backup of the iPad by right-clicking the iPad 'Device' on the left-hand side of iTunes and selecting 'Backup'.
    Then start the update by selecting the iPad on the left-hand side of iTunes, and on the Summary tab on the right-hand side clicking the Check For Updates button
    Updating to iOS 5+ : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4972
    Your iPad should be updated to iOS 6.0.1 (which is the only version that is 'signed' by Apple), so you will lose the built-in YouTube app and the Maps app will change - though google do have app versions in the store

• Why my iPhone 5 not have FaceTime, Why my iPhone 5 not have FaceTime

Why my iPhone 5 not have face time?

Either you purchased a phone made for sale in a country where FaceTime is prohibited or there are restrictions turned on that hide FaceTime.

• Gluing the black plastic

dropped my iphone on a rocky area and a little tiny piece of the corner above the stainless band of the black plastic sort of smushed up. i pushed it back down but I'd like to put a drop of super glue here to makes sure it doesn't come loose.
    is this a iphone4 copasetic thing to do?
    thanks.

Yes. That is serious. Take it to Apple and ask them to check it out for you.
    Allan

• What is the little plastic piece that comes with my iPod??

What is the little plastic piece that comes with my iPod?? It looks like some kind of dock, but it is oddly shaped. There is nothing about it in the user guide. What is it?

Hi trancelot,
    That white plastic piece that comes with your iPod is the adaptor for the iPod Universal Dock.
    -Kylene

• Why does the black iPhone 5 not have a front mic?

I noticed that the white iPhone 5 has a front mic while the black does not. How come?

What you're NOT seeing on the black model is the proximity sensor which is to the left of the earpiece/speaker if the phone is viewed from the front. This is visible on the white model but not the black model.
    The mic is apparently contained within the earpiece/speaker hole. See the following .pdf file (you need Acrobat Reader installed to view) and zoom in to the front view.
    http://goo.gl/gJ1q3

Maybe you are looking for

• HT3209 I got a new apple tv 3 how do upgrade my video content to 1080p

I got a new apple tv 3 how do upgrade my video content to 1080p for the orginal purchased version at 720p? Cheers, Michael

• Iframe redirect javascript help please

Hi: My client uses a loan application on another service's site, and I embedded the form in an iFrame to keep the user on my client's site. At the Submit of the form, it redirects to the client's home page, but it does it within the confines of the f

• How to disable or enable iCloud in ML

I upgraded from SL yesterday to ML. SL never had iCloud as it had Mobile Me. Tiger never had neither and had .Mac. Apple has changed their onlin interface at least 3 times in the past 5-7 years and I do not wish to bank on iCloud only to have Apple c

• IPad and car radio or charger questions

I have a iphone 3GS, a car charger and it has been working flawless for over 5 months, but for some odd reason it will not charge my new iPad. I decided to go for it and buy a car radio, i got the Alpine CDE 125BT, the company Alpine claims on the bo

• Recuperar número de serie

Tengo un problema con un número de serie de adobe creative suite, la persona que estaba antes de mi (sistemas) formateo la pc donde estaba instalado sin desactivar el producto que ahora pide licencia, no dejo la cuenta de adobe con la que se hizo la