ZEIEH Values in looks different in T351

Hi,
Has anyone experienced this, when we go SE16 and browse table T351 (for Maintenance Strategy).
Specifically for records with ZEIEH values = "HR" and "WK".
It the summary table, "HR" displays as "STD" and "WK" displays as "WCH".
But when we double click the record to go into the detail, then it displays "HR" and "WK" respectively.
Could this be due to the different language settings?
Thanks,
Eddy

Hi,
Yes, it is. ZEIEH is of type MEINS, which has an associated Conversion Exit (CUNIT). This conversion exit displays units of measure depending on system language.
You can turn of the usage of conversion exits in transaction SE16(N) using the settings (Settings -> User Parameters -> Data Browser -> Checkbox Conversion exit), if you like.
Hope this helps (please reward me if it does).
Regards, Joerg

Similar Messages

• Adobe Color CC color theme looks different in Illustrator

Whenever I import color themes from Adobe Color CC, they look different in Illustrator. The cmyk values are the identical but the colors just aren't the same. I guess it has something to do with my color settings in Illustrator but I can't figure out what it is. Here are my color settings:
    I read Creative Suite * Keeping colors consistent and some other articles but couldn't figure it out...
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks a lot for any feedback!

That would be a real problem.
    You're working with RGB colors on screen when you experiment. Browsers tend to not color manage anything so after the conversion what would you get?
    On top of that: printing is different in each country, on each printer, on each paper, with each ink. You can't use the one conversion that suits all needs. Color management for this kind of world wide used web app would be really complicated. And I don't even think of all the people who don't know how to set it up correctly.

• Lightroom Image Looks Different than in Windows Viewer/CS5/etc.

I've seen this discussed elsewhere, but I believe the nature of my issue may be a bit different, so please excuse the repeat inquiry.
    I'm currently using Lightroom 3 on a 17' Samsung Syncmaster 920NW on two different desktops. The hardware configuration for each machine is also identical, with only a few minor exceptions. However, the images on one machine display drastically differently in Lightroom, as opposed to any other Windows application. I've updated the video drivers for both computers, reinstalled the monitor drivers for both, and have uninstalled/reinstalled Lightroom on both with no success in remedying the discrepancy.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in finding a solution to this issue. It's very frustrating to be anchored down to one desktop due to the inconsistencies of the other.
    Thanks!

You need to calibrate both monitors to identical settings, the luminance value being very important, using an appropriate calibration tool and software.
    Spyder Elite software has a specific settings too enable you to match monitors across machines in a studio setting, or from a desk top to a laptop. Without calibration images in viewed in colour managed applications will always look different. If you do not wish to colour manage you can always set a colour space such as sRGB as a monitor profile on all the machines, the only difference you will see then will be down to the luminance value of the monitor. However this will mean images viewed on other peoples screens may differ markedly from your own. The real solution to colour problems is to use colour management and this means calibration of your monitor as a basic requirement.

• Split line/tone Pantone swatches of same color look different

QUESTION: In Illustrator I need to split a Pantone color into two different swatches (line and tone). When I duplicate the swatch and rename it with an "L" in front, the color looks different (with overprint preview)! Same CMYK values – I checked. I know it has something to do with how the swatch is named, because if I rename both swatches I don't have this problem. What's going on and how can I fix this?

John Danek wrote:
    Not sure, but I would not recommend renaming Pantone Spot color swatches.  What's the point?  I mean, why would you mess with the names?
    I think they wants to use one swatch for certain parts of elements like the stroke and and perhaps the other for fills but of different and not necessarily common paths.
    Changing the name make it easier for them to know which is applied to the other. There coud be a reason to keep them separate and to have the names be different to make the work flow effiecient.
    I think the reason is that since they are now two different swatches it treats it as two different inks one from the book and the other from a CMYK mix.
    It simply does not recognize the second swatch as a book color which would have to be a second plate with the same ink.
    You cannot rename a book color.
    So unless you were planning to hit the piece with two plates with the same spot color what you want to do is not possible.
    I can see where you want this but I see no way of fixing it except a feature request.
    Perhaps placing the same swatch in two different color groups?

• Numeric Row Height Value Fixed but Different

Hi Everyone,
    On my front panel, I have a 1D array (column) of Numerics next to a 1D array (column) of strings. I need them to line up. I believe that the row height for numerics is not changeable, but for strings you can change it.
    Here is my problem, on different PCs I have found that the numeric row heights have different fixed values. On my development PC (LabVIEW 2011, 32 bit), the row height is 22 pixels. On all other test PCs (also LabVIEW 2011, 32 bit) the row height is 20 pixels. I need the arrays to line up on all PCs, but it looks different.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

"Get Text rect.vi"will tell you how big the bounding rectangle is for text rendered using the font you choose while also concidering "Bold" etc.
    Using that function should give you a way of dtermining how large the text ends-up being and then you JUST* have to sett all of the proeprties to match.
    Ben
    * yes, the word "JUST" is a four letter word in my book as well.
    Ben Rayner
    I am currently active on.. MainStream Preppers
    Rayner's Ridge is under construction

• Photos look different in Photoshop than when viewed with Picture Viewer

I am running Windows XP, using Photoshop CS2, with a Samsung SyncMaster LCD monitor. I have recently noticed that my picures look different when viewing with Picture Viewer than when the same picture is opened in Photoshop. The photoshop version is much lighter while the pic viewer version is darker. I want to make sure of what I'm sending to my online printers. Do I have color setting wrong? My color setting in Photoshop are: sRGB IEC61966-2.1, U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2, Dot Gain 20%, and Dot Gain 20%. And preserved embedded profiles for RGB, CMYK, and Gray. Is the problem with calibrating my monitor, and if so, do you know of any free calibration software? I'm on a budget.
    I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Well, it surely is a problem with your monitor settings, but, forgive me for saying this, mentioning "sending stuff to the printers" and then asking for free calibration software is a bit naive. If Adobe Gamma, the settings in PS itself and the color calibration in Windows don't cut it, then your system is seriously bent in terms of color and some other steps are required first.
    a) reset your monitor to its default color temperature and brightness
    b) get rid of any color tweaking your graphics card may introduce
    With a clean slate, create a color reference image (pure colors, grayscale gradient) with all color calibration turned off and see how it looks at the system level and in PS. Now you can begin to adjust settings everywhere and re-enable color profiles until the results match in sRGB space.
    The rest is pretty much unpredictable. Unless you gain access to the exact color profiles of the target device (the printer) and your monitor is properly hardware calibrated, there will always be minute variations. The only thing you can do is to solely rely on your visually aligned sRGB setup and have all color profile adjustments and color space conversions done at your printer. However, even that's assuming you do not wander too far off the default values and the sRGB is indeed "intact".
    Mylenium

• Peachpit "Motion5" p. 54, Step 11 drop-down issue - my screen looks different

This problem requires the Peachpit "Motion5" book to reference because it is copyrighted and I can't take a picture of the page in question.
    The subject page shows a drop-down window with "sliders" for Red, Blue, and Green and one is supposed to enter in new values for each color. HOWEVER, since the book is old and based on an earlier version of Motion5, this is a PROBABLE cause as to why the dropdown I'm getting looks different from the book's version.
    So, either the dropdown has changed, OR, "I'm not getting it." (the latter is a real possibility although I've tried every option I can think of)
    NOTE: I've tried to find Errata information for the book and there are only a few items listed, none of which covers this issue.
    My screen shot:
    The lesson requires that one type in 0.63 for Red, 0.35 for Green, and 0.06 for Blue. Unfortunately, one cannot enter in a decimal point, ergo, this cannot be done.
    The screen shot is for Motion 5.1
    Any ideas?

The book said to "... click the disclosure triangle ...." and I took that to mean the triangle to the right of the Remap colored square. This I tried numerous times and wound up with the color scheme shown in your right screen shot.
    This has been a while so I don't remember the exact place, but after clicking on the arrow on the left side of the Remap (or maybe it was the colored square like you showed) there was a better window that opened:
    This one allowed me to dial in exactly the paramerters that was asked for.
    WHEW!
    What an ordeal. But it's over and figured out now. A relief.
    Like you mentioned, I also was waiting for the publisher, or some other publisher, to come out with a Motion 5.1 book but couldn't wait any longer. If they continue to print and sell the old "5" version you'd think they'd at least have a good Eratta page somewhere that would provide the changes as well as fill in the holes in the procedures. Certainly, if this was used for class instruction they would know what questions the students struggled with. Oh well.
    Currently I'm up to page 65 and struggling with Step 13 to get the bright orange/brownish-yellow color they show. I'm only able to get a light version of the general background color. Tried the grey also, and ditto there. Just isn't working. I'm getting the colors I want in the color box but not on the screen. Sort of a partial. The HUD looks just like the picture in the book.
    In Step 12 it says to "click the Add Filter pop-up menu ..." but I can't find where they're talking about it. I've looked everywhere. Need to take a rest and work on this tomorrow.
    Thanks for the support.
    Edit: What happened? What do you mean? This didn't help me - Geeze, I wrote it! Need to get some rest.

• 2 files with exact the same PMS color look different

I was working on a print project for my company and all files are created in Illustrator CC. Here is the confusing part, in this logo color file I found from the company inside files, the PMS color code actually matches the CMYK color code, and they look exactly the same on screen:
    But on all the files I'm working on, the PMS color looks washed, when using the convert button to convert PMS to CMYK, the code looks different too:
    Is there a file color setting I need to change? Besides illustrator, the PMS color in Photoshop cc and InDesign cc all look wash out.

The Color Mode of the swatch only impacts how the the color appears on your monitor. The important thing is that the Color Type always be "Spot Color" regardless of the Color Mode when you're dealing with files for print. If it's set to Spot Color, then exporting the file to film will have a single color pass. If it's set to Process Color you'll get 1-4 color passes when exporting depending on your CMYK values.
    For the company's branding guide, you have both color options depending on how the logo will be printed. If you had something that included a photo, then you would want to use the CMYK version of the logo because you're already going to have CMYK values from the photo. Using an additional spot color just for the logo then makes it a 5-color job, thus increasing the cost. If you were printing something that only used black for text and also included the logo, then you would use the PMS version as this makes it a 2-color print job.
    In some circumstances you don't have an option of a CMYK break of a PMS color, such as metallics and fluorescents. Some companies only print their logo in a spot color despite having it as part of a 4-color print just due to how a CMYK version of their logo appears. Not every PMS color has a 100% accurate CMYK break. Most frequently the CMYK version is dull compared to the PMS color simply because the gamut for CMYK is not as diverse as the full range of PMS colors are.

• PDFs look different in Adobe reader and Acrobat professional compared to the built in PDF viewer on windows 8

Hi there,
    I have been trying to narrow down an issue we have been having for some time in printing PDF files and finding that they look different on paper compared to screen.  Up until today our big KIP plotter got the blame, but as I have been collecting notes on a little windows 8 tablet I noted that PDFs opened in the windows PDF viewer have the same visual defects as the printouts.  My example today is that on a CAD drawing there is a small box/frame with a number in their, I tried printing and the frame was completely blacked out.  As a test I tried saving the PDF as a TIFF file from Adobe Acrobat professional and this file had the same fault as the printed copy.  When I open it in the windows 8 pdf viewer I can see that there is a shading within this box that does not show on Adobe Reader (latest version 11.0.10.32), the adobe reader and acrobat pro version both show a white background to the box.  We have been having lots of issues with sections being missing from drawings and overly feint lines.
    I am not sure where to start trying to narrow down why we are getting different results in different PDF readers.  Is there anyone who maybe able to point me in the right direction?  It almost feels like the shading or colour density is not being consistent when PDFs are being opened in different packages.
    Thanks in advance
    Andy

Some PDF viewers comply with the PDF ISO Standard (ISO 32000) "just enough" while others (such as Adobe's) fully comply.
    As with anything there's a cost to using anything that comes from a "just enough" approach.
    Be well...

• Photos in Develop module look different when switching to library module

Hello everyone this is my first post on adobe.  I ran into a problem today for the first time using lightroom 5.  I recently purchased lightroom 5 about 2 weeks ago and have been in love using it.  I have ran into 0 problems until today.  I uploaded some new photos and was going through them under the develop module editing the photos and what not.  When I am done editing I usually go to the library module and export them.
    Today I tried to do that exact thing and ran into this issue:  the colors in the photo are changing ever so slightly when I switch to the library module and are not exporting exactly as I edited them in the develop module. 
    I have tried changing the contrast/clarity to see if it would remain when switching and it does.  But for some reason the yellow on the flower in the picture becomes less vibrant when seen/exported from library module.  It is very frustrating because I spend alot of time editing the photo in a develop module and every transfers but the colors it seems.  It becomes more dull and less vibrant.
    It is not the photo itself.  I think it is something wrong with my lightroom?  I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same issue keeps happening.

Just to clarify. When you compare the exported image to the original inside LR do they look the same when viewed together in the Library module, and how about when both are viewed in the Develop module? Are you using a wide gamut monitor and do you also use a hardware monitor calibrator? All of these things affect how images looks in LR and some are fixable, but others are not as Web Weaver posted.
    There is also another issue that can cause the Library module view and exported images to look different than they do in the Develop module:
    http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/afm8rbh6tnc31
    The solution is to view the image at 1:1 (100%) view size. You can also use more conservative Sharpening settings (i.e. lower) and more aggressive Luminance Noise Reduction settings (i.e. higher), which will significantly decrease the view difference.

• After connecting my MBP to a projector, my display screen looks different...any ideas on how to fix?

I used my MBP today at work to present a PowerPoint presentation using the projector my office has.  I have no idea what the brand of the projector is -- but now the appearance of all of my programs and desktop is different.
    The sizing is not what it was set to, and swiping larger or smaller does nothing to fix it.
    The font looks different, bolder, messier.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?  Or why it changed after being connected to another device?
    Help!  This is a trivial question -- but I loved the settings I had -- and the options in the setting menus don't have anything helpful.

I didn't even notice that. I think that fixes it. Thanks.

• Team Blog: Why does my page look different in BrowserLab?

Duane O'Brien, engineer on the BrowserLab team has a new blog post on the BrowserLab Team blog that you might find interesting. It covers when/why you might see rendering differences between the BrowserLab browsers and your local browsers. Good info.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/browserlab/2011/07/11/why-does-my-page-look-different-in-browserlab /
    Bruce
    Bruce Bowman
    BrowserLab product manager
    BrowserLab Team Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/browserlab
    Twitter: @brucebowman, @adobebrowserlab

As Wyodor indicated IE is not the most advance, up-to-date browser out there.
    See Roddy’s tips for making iWeb pages more compatible with IE.
    OT

• Pdf color looks different in preview and acrobat?

I notice that the colors in various PDF files I have look different in Preview and in Acrobat. Is there some weird color profile issue?
    To be specific, I can create a PDF file in various ways, of a slide deck I originally created using Keynote. It has various different color blocks in the slides. In particular some acid green colors look very different depending on whether I open the PDF in Acrobat or in Preview.
    Preview shows the colors as they were in the original keynote application. But Acrobat shows them far more muted.
    I learned from another post that if I create the PDF by first saving to postscript and then creating the PDF using Acrobat, the issue seems to go away. However this is very inconvenient.
    In short, it seems as though there is some peculiar difference between the way Preview and Keynote (and probably Pages ) handle color and the way Acrobat handles color.
    Is there some way to fix this using some setting in one of the programs?
    By the way, this is not a new problem. I noticed it with previous OS's as well as previous versions of Keynote. I am currently using the latest version of everything.

Same problem here. I was printing a PDF that my designer had sent me. Before I have always used Acrobat, but I've started using Preview in Leopard since it's faster and more powerful than before. But the colors were seriously wrong, often reversed completely. I believe this file was originally created in Illustrator.

• Why do my raws look different when I view them in Adobe Bridge/Adobe Camera Raw and Canons Digital P

Hello all,
    I am sorta new to taking Raw photographs and I have been been using Adobe Bridge/Camera Raw to edit. When I take my photos (I am using a Canon t2i) I have it set to save a raw and a jpg. When I view these images in Adobe Bridge/Camera Raw I notice a clear difference in the jpg and raw (I understand the whole concept behind raw vs. jpg. so im not questioning why one looks different) It is obvious all the adjustments that were applied to my jpg. vs the natural raw.  My question is: When I view the same two images in the software that came with my camera, canon digital photo professionals, the canon and raw look almost identical.... My assumption is that canon is applying the same "adjustments" to my raw as it did to the jpgs?  Has anyone used these two programs and noticed this?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Michelle

Can't say I'm an expert on DPP myself either.  I've only run it a few times myself.
    If you're seeing Photoshop freeze just by looking at the File Info tab, that's certainly not expected and you should start a tread specifically to discuss that.  The forum may be able to help you get that working.
    I happen to like the color my camera delivers in its embedded JPEGs (which I use to quickly review shots via IrfanView).  Starting with that color in Camera Raw by default just feels very natural and integrated.
    Without a specific custom profile to help you with the task, here's my suggestions for the next best thing:
    1.  Take an image with a range of different colors in it.
    2.  Open the embedded JPEG also using whatever means you have to do so.
    3.  Open it also in Camera Raw and make sure you're using the Camera Raw default parameters.
    4.  Go into the Camera Calibration tab (little camera icon), and choose the Camera Standard profile as provided by Adobe.
    5.  Tweak the various sliders so as to match the color between what you're seeing in the JPEG and Camera Raw.
    6.  Save new Camera Raw defaults.
    Some notes:
    Make sure you leave the White Balance on As Shot, since storing a specific white balance is probably not going to be helpful.
    Test your settings and repeat the above to tweak them as needed using other images.
    Keep in mind that not every application does proper color-management.  IrfanView can be set up to do so, and I don't recall whether you have to tweak a default setting to make it do that or not (it's been a while).
    Hope this helps!
    -Noel

• Colors in Photoshop look different elsewhere

When I open a picture in Photoshop CS3 or Camera RAW for editing and then save that picture, and then open the saved picture in any program other than Photoshop, the colors and tints and saturation are very different. I am pretty sure this has to do with my color profile in Photoshop, but I've checked many online sources and my color settings seem to match up more or less with what's recommended. My camera is set to sRGB and Photoshop is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, and this is happening both with JPEGs and RAWs, from two different Canon cameras.
    Pictures look more natural when viewed in Photoshop than in other programs (I think), even before any editing...how could this be?
    The weird things is, when I go to Edit > Assign Profile and then select "Lighthouse (D65 G2.2 A34.29)" from the drop-down menu, the image in Photoshop now looks exactly like it does when I open the same image in an image viewing program. What does this mean?
    Also, when viewing my photos in Bridge CS3, the colors look like they do in Photoshop until I zoom in 100% and the photo finishes loading the actual pixels, at which point the colors dramatically change.
    How can I edit pictures in Photoshop and Camera RAW when what I'm editing is not what's actually seen? This is very frustrating. Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you both for your replies. My monitor has been properly calibrated, but not for a long time. I know that this will not help when it comes to color representation, but this is not my problem. My problem is that the images in Photoshop look different than elsewhere. I am wondering if there is either a way to make Photoshop display the photos as they will appear on websites and such, or a way to save the photos as they actually appear in Photoshop.
    I find it odd that I have not noticed this until recently. There is a very significant difference between the colors in the two environments. If the problem truly has rooted from an uncalibrated monitor, I will simply calibrate it (I would have already but I don't have a calibration device any more). But I don't think that's the whole problem here.

Maybe you are looking for