CWM recovery and Rooting Lenovo K3 Note K50-t5

HOW TO ROOT THE LEVONO K3 NOTE K50-T5 This How To describes how to put the ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery onto the Levono K3 Note Model K50-t5 and, using CWM Recovery, root it. The method was generated from notes that I took of Root Junky’s YouTube video on the subject and what I actually carried out on my Lenovo. I fully acknowledge Root Junk’s methodology and prior work. Other similar methods exist but I had trouble with fully understanding the steps. DisclaimerAny modification to firmware and OS could possibly brick the device and neither the author or the web sites assumes any responsibility or loss from your actions. You take all responsibility for the outcomes of following the following procedures. Read all steps before proceeding! Step 1 - PreliminaryMake sure your phone is fully chargedTurn on Developer Options if not already on.Open settings and scroll to bottom of list, if you see “Developer options” listed then you are good to go.If not, open “About phone” and open “Device information” and tap on “Build number” and keep tapping on it until a message comes up telling that you are now a developer.Back out to “Settings” screenTurn on USB debuggingTap on and open “Developer options”Tap on “USB debugging” and ensure there is a tick mark showing.Back out to main screenRecommendationIt is recommended to temporarily increase the screen stand by time to say 10 minutesIn “Settings” tap on and open “Screen standby”Select your standby timeBack out to main screenStep 2 – DownloadsOn your PC or Laptop go to “RootJunkySDL.com” website.Click on “Levono K3 Note” and click on “Levono K3 Note CWM Recovery.zip” in the drop down box to download it.Click on “Android Drivers” and click on “Levono” in the drop down box and click on “MTK_UsbDriver_autorun_1.0.14_internal.exe” to download it.Click on “Adb Fastboot Files” and click on “ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip” in the drop down box to download it.Click on “SuperSU” and click on the bottom “UPDATE-SuperSU vx.xx.zip” in the drop down box to download it.At this stage you could remove the micro-SD card from the unit, put it into your PC, make a folder on it and copy “UPDATE-SuperSU vx.xx.zip” across to it. DO NOT UNZIP and remember the name of folder.Step 3 – Getting it readyUnzip “Levono K3 Note CWM Recovery.zip” to a folder that you will rememberUnzip “ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip” to a folder that you will rememberRun “MTK_UsbDriver_autorun_1.0.14_internal.exe” to install the phone’s driversStep 4 – Installing CWM RecoveryOpen the folder where you unzipped “ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip”In the white area of the folder press “Shift” and “Right Mouse Button” and select “Open command window here” and a Command Window will open.With your phone on and not on standby, use the USB cable to connect it to your PCWait until all the phone is recognised and all driver installation endedNOTE: if you get a pop up to allow debugging - allow In the Command Window type:adb devices <Enter> (<Enter> means push “Enter” key)you will getList of attached devicesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                deviceswhere “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” is a mixture of letters and numbers if you get “unauthorized” instead of “devices” then you phone is probably in “snooze” mode or “off”. Wake it or reboot and try again. Make sure screen is on.adb reboot bootloader <Enter>the phone will reboot and in the lower left hand corner in very small writing you will see “fastboot mode”fastboot devicesyou will getList of attached devicesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                fastbootshowing everything is OKChange to the folder where you unzipped “Levono K3 Note CWM Recovery.zip” (you should see “recovery.img” listed) and move the Command Window there.fastboot flash recovery (space), right click on “recovery.img” and drag onto the command Window following the (space). Push “Enter”.The CWM Recovery will flash over and you will see some very small printing in the middle of the screenfastboot rebootReboots the phone into its normal mode with CWM installed.To boot into CWM at any timeTurn off phonePush and hold both the up volume and down volume buttons in and keep holding them inPush and hold the power button and keep holding it inKeep holding in all 3 buttons until a yellow and white logo appearsRelease buttons and you are now in CWM Recovery with a menuTo move up and down the menu, use the volume up and down buttons and to select a menu item press the power keyStep 5 – Root the phoneIf you have not copied “UPDATE-SuperSU vx.xx.zip” and with the phone connected to your PC and USB debugging still selected, open “Computer” on a Windows 7 PC or equivalent on other PC’s and navigate to “Portable Devices” and click on “Levono K3 Note”Click on “External Storage” and open itCreate a new folder and copy “UPDATE-SuperSU vx.xx.zip” into it.Disconnect the phone from the PC and turn it offBoot phone into CWM RecoveryNavigate to “install zip” and open itNavigate to “choose zip from /storage/sdcard1” and open itNavigate to the folder where you copied “UPDATE-SuperSU vx.xx.zip” and open itNavigate to “UPDATE-SuperSU vx.xx.zip” and select it.Select “Yes install”The phone is now rooted.Navigate back to “reboot system now” and reboot into its normal operational modeDownload “Root Checker” from the Play Store and confirm root.You may also need to install Busybox from Play Store to round out the root  ENJOY !!!

I would also like to know why the product is not here on Lenovo Support.  I purchased mine from Vickmall EU wharehouse (#link_below) where it says "Newest 1520 multi-language rom".  Vickmall does not mention on the site anything about it being a "china only" phone, and obviously don't consider it to be since they converted it over to multilingual.  In any event, it should be formally supported by Lenovo, especially since the phone did not come with any software or English documentation.  I think Lenovo Support needs to make whatever ROM Vickmall used and instructions on how to use it for others who don't have access to it. 
#link: http://www.vickmall.com/original-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t5-5-5-1920x1080-fdd-lte-mtk6752-octa-core-smart-phone-android-5-0-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-13-0mp-camera-gps.html

Similar Messages

• Recovery and Black Point sliders not available

Hi, I notice that these sliders are not available for RAW files that were loaded onto Aperture 1.5. Is there something I can do so I can make use of these sliders?
    Cheers,
    Mike

Yes. Migrate the image to which you wish to apply these two adjustments to the 2.0 RAW converter. Mind that your colours may shift; possibly the best way to do this is to remove all adjustments first; this will also cause the image to be interpreted by the 2.0 RAW converter.
    Cheers,
    k.

• Recovery and Applications CD not configured to work with this machine.

Satellite A215-S4757
    Machine trashed due to virus and want to reset to original configuration.  Using disk 1 of 2 labeled RECOVERY AND APPLICATIONS/DRIVERS SATELLITE A210/215 SERIES WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT.  When the CD boots an error is displayed.  The error reads:
    "This Recovery and Applications CD is not configured to work with this machine (*).
    This CD is for: Satellite A215, Satellite A210
    Please use the correct Recovery and Applications CD."
    Can you tell me why this is not recognizing the machine correctly?  Thanks for the help.
    R/Jim

Satellite A215-S4757 
    You need the utility which resets the DMI string for that model. Call Toshiba tech support at 800-457-7777.
    -Jerry

• Lenovo K3 note Need help

hello i need help i have bought a lenovo k3 note (k50-5) i was trying to root it (by sp tools) but my phone doesnt work now i can not turn it on and i can not enter to recovry mode when i connect it to pc it connect and disconnect directly , is it dead ? please help me 

Easy enough to download Lenovo Music.

• Recovery and data preservati​on

I have a hp pavilion dv 8000. Had a operating system crash. Goes to windows xp prof sTar up screen then asks for safe mode, safe mode with networking etc. selecting any will cause system to reboot and start process over in a perpetual loop. It has two physicla drives. Hitachi. When it was operating ok it had a c drive for software exe. And d drive for data. When I use an adapter to see each drive after removing them, all I see is a f drive for my data on one physical drive and f disk and recovery g disk on the other. Files on recovery seem to be hidden. The operating system xp is corrupt so I should see the c drive, but don,t I want to get some pst files out of c drive. How do it do it Also i made recovery disks about 3 yrs ago. If I use them wil I lose all pst on c drive and data on d drive? NEED HELP!

Jim,
    Thanks for chiming in on a topic where I didn't expect to get many replies. All of your comments are well appreciated. I was basically asking because I was under the impression that unless your master is in RAW format, making adjustments to exposure, contrast and even recovery and black point would not do much and could even be detrimental to things such as skin tone, etc. I like to shoot in RAW for the reason of being able to have more fine control to adjustments, but for everyday shots and portraits I don't always go to RAW format since a lot of the time I have trouble getting the shot right with the manual controls. I also don't want the large RAW files for every shot that I take. Still, a lot of JPEG's need adjustments, even if just minor tweaks. The tweaks I make look fine on the screen, but I wasn't sure if they would look okay when printed out and I didn't want to spend countless hours making adjustments and spend (waste) money on prints that weren't going to come out good.
    Anyway, that is the background to my thinking in making this post. Thanks again for chiming in.
    Mac

• Recovery and Black Point on JPEG images

I'm not a big fan of trying to do much editing on JPEG images aside from non-exposure/white balance type stuff. I'll crop and straighten, etc.
    My question pertains to (for those in the know) applying slight Recovery and Black Point correction to images that aren't shot in RAW format. A) will applying these slight changes having any effect (hopefully a positive one) on the images? B) if not, will it indeed have a negative effect?
    Thanks for your time and expertise.
    Mac

Jim,
    Thanks for chiming in on a topic where I didn't expect to get many replies. All of your comments are well appreciated. I was basically asking because I was under the impression that unless your master is in RAW format, making adjustments to exposure, contrast and even recovery and black point would not do much and could even be detrimental to things such as skin tone, etc. I like to shoot in RAW for the reason of being able to have more fine control to adjustments, but for everyday shots and portraits I don't always go to RAW format since a lot of the time I have trouble getting the shot right with the manual controls. I also don't want the large RAW files for every shot that I take. Still, a lot of JPEG's need adjustments, even if just minor tweaks. The tweaks I make look fine on the screen, but I wasn't sure if they would look okay when printed out and I didn't want to spend countless hours making adjustments and spend (waste) money on prints that weren't going to come out good.
    Anyway, that is the background to my thinking in making this post. Thanks again for chiming in.
    Mac

• Should the sd card be removed when flashing and rooting Neo V?

I'm about to flash my Neo V to .42 firmware which will enable me to root the phone. I just want to know whether I should remove my sd card during the flashing and rooting process or not? Also I already have PC Comanion and SUS installed do I need to install any additional drivers before rooting? Thanks in advance.:smileywink:
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

not at all, you can check the whole process here
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/38251
    Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers
    unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

• Not able to recover and restore Lenovo V100 ; restarts after hanging at line mup.sys in safe mode.

Not able to recover and restore Lenovo V100 (WinXP professional) ; restarts after hanging at line mup.sys in safe mode.
    Problem started occurring suddenly after restart of the laptop.
    Windows XP start page (With dots moving) came up and I tried to restart the laptop in Safe mode.
    It stopped at a line mup.sys and after a while restarted automatically.
    Tried with inbuilt lenovo recovery and restore option.. but in vain...
    each screen is very very slow.. I tried patiently (With restore back to factory settings options) but finally I got message that restore failed.
    Can any body please help to me to resolve the Issue. I'm new to Tokyo and dont know any servicing center here :-(...
    Any body from Tokyo ? can you tell me where the service center is here in Shinagawa?
    Thanks in Advance....
    Swami

Call Lenovo support in Japan and ask for a set of Recovery disks for your machine.
     Japan --Desktops 0120-000-817
    Notebooks 0570-064-400
    9AM - 6PM
    Everyday
    Except Second Sunday of the month, Year end

• T410 Windows 7 Recovery Media 64bit from Lenovo will not boot

I have been sent 4 sets of Windows 7 Recovery Media from Lenovo over the past week and a half. These DVDs are unusable as they will not boot because they were created as non-bootable DVDs. When looking at the DVDs, they all just have 1 file on them - 0A44006.dvd.  I was sent a set of the 32bit version and it has multiple files on it with Bootmgr and 6 directories and will boot just fine. The 64bit DVDs obviously were created and replicated without any of these files to make it a bootable DVD. Can someone from Lenovo (Morristown, NC) find out why and fix these DVDs. The support center in Atlanta can only order another set from Morristown and I keep getting bad DVDs.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

There's probably a way to make a bootable DVD out of that file.  If all have the same file you will probably still be missing a DVD or two - unless the contents of the files in a set are different.  Then again if it "1 of 1" is correct this may be all you need.
    You can try a couple of things (just pulling this out w/out much thought...):
    Use 7zip and extract the contents to <somewhere> and then burn that as a DVD.  Probably still won't be bootable, though.  Or just use your favorite image burning tool (nero, Win 7's built in burner, whatever) and burn that file as an image.
    That may require renaming xxx.DVD to xxx.ISO.  This presumes it is an ISO.  Since 7zip can unarchive it, it probably is an ISO - or something very similar.  7zip may actually be able to tell you what its format is.
    Let us know how that goes if you give it a try.
    Z.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Lenovo Yoga 3 14 recovery and Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,
    I have a few questions regarding Lenovo Yoga 3 14 recovery and Windows 10 upgrade (should be generic questions that apply to other models as well):
    1# Will the Windows 10 update and activation change in any way the Win8.1 OEM serial key stored in BIOS? Is there any chance that any software changes that BIOS OEM key (like malware or similar)?
    2# After updating to Windows 10, if I put the USB recovery pen drive (created in Win8.1), will I be able to restore the Win8.1 version (factory restore), and successfully activate it and use it without issues?
    3# On a clean drive (without any partitions, like for instance if I buy a new one), if I use the same USB recovery pen drive (created in Win8.1) to do a factory reset, will it re-create all partitions, including the recovery partition one?
    Thanks

1) Run the Win 10 installation and choose "Upgrade Windows" option. Windows 10 will be installed and it will be activated.
    The chance of any software changing the OEM key is insignificant.
    2) Yes, you can recover Win 8.1 successfully. No need to activate it, it will be auto-activated.
    3) I dont have experience with this but reading around the forum I have seen that using a recovery drive on a new HDD may not install windows and re-create partitions.
    The recovery partition is the hardest to re-create on a new HDD, even you are able to re-create it the NOVO button usually doesnt work.
    Let me know if I answered your questions. Thanks.

• I have had to update my iphone 4 through itunes and it has come up that itunes has found a iphone that is in recovery and needs to be restored, I cannot loose all my pics on my phone so need to know what I can do! My phone is not working now.

I have had to update my iphone 4 in itunes and it has now come up with a message, itunes has found a iphone in recovery and needs to restore it.
    I dont want to do this as I cannot loose all my pics on my phone!
    My phone is now not working and has an itunes symbol on it with a usb cord!!!!
    Please help!!

Reset, hold both home and power buttons until the iPhone begins to start, try this a few times if necessary. If still problem, you may have to just Restore your iPhone to get it working. In the future sync your iPhone with iTunes routinely and when it contains important data, iCloud when set correctly will do this for you continuously.

• How long should I let Safe Mode startup run? I keep getting the "disk0s2 i/o error" message and I'm just not sure when to give up and try a different method. I already ran disk utility in Recovery Mode and it said there were no repairs needed.

How long should I let Safe Mode startup run? I keep getting the "disk0s2 i/o error" message and I'm just not sure when to give up and try a different method. I already ran disk utility in Recovery Mode and it said there were no repairs needed but it still kept getting stuck on the apple loading screen.

You have limited opportunity to attempt to create a backup of your created files.
    That is what the SafeBoot or safemode appears to allow you -- at the moment.
    Since the hard disk drive exhibits signs of failure or other major issues, plan
    on a replacement in the near future. You may be able to get the computer to
    start up in a regular full OS X (not safe mode) but consider its hours are limited.
    An externally enclosed hard disk drive (with own power supply, not relying on
    Mac ports to run it) is a good basic means of which to use a disk utility to make
    a copy or a Clone of the current OS X. This may help retrieve an archive that
    could be used along with a Time Machine backup, to restore your Mac once you
    get a new hard drive installed inside.
    Good luck & happy computing!

• My iphone is stuck in recovery mode and itunes will not recognize my phone. I've tried pretty much every trick i can and i still do not know what to do. Someone please help me

My iphone is stuck in recovery mode and itunes will not recognize my phone. I've tried pretty much every trick i can and i still do not know what to do. Someone please help me

I've done all of these, even trying a different USB port, and still, nothing. This is really confusing. Windows 8.1 said something to do with USB malfunction or something and nothing works. I need to restore my iPhone quickly and nothing has happened. My cable is not genuine Apple product. iTunes makes the noise that it makes when I connect the device, but it doesn't say 'iPhone is in recovery mode' or even say 'iPhone' in the corner. I am really fed up and would really appreciate a response.
    Thanks,
    Nathan.

• RegionRenderer encodeAll The region component with id: pt1:r1 has detected a page fragment with multiple root components. Fragments with more than one root component may not display correctly in a region and may have a negative impact on performance.

Hi,
    I am using JDEV 11.1.2.1.0
    I am getting the following error :-
    <RegionRenderer> <encodeAll> The region component with id: pt1:r1 has detected a page fragment with multiple root components. Fragments with more than one root component may not display correctly in a region and may have a negative impact on performance. It is recommended that you restructure the page fragment to have a single root component.
    Piece of code is for region is:-
       <f:facet name="second">
                                                <af:panelStretchLayout id="pa1"
                                                                       binding="#{backingBeanScope.Assign.pa1}">
                                                    <f:facet name="center">
                                                        <af:region value="#{bindings.tfdAssignGraph1.regionModel}" id="r1"
                                                                   binding="#{backingBeanScope.Assign.r1}"/>
                                                    </f:facet>
                                                </af:panelStretchLayout>
                                            </f:facet>
    How do I resolve it ?
    Thanks,

Hi,
    I see at least 3 errors
    1. <RegionRenderer> <encodeAll> The region component with id: pt1:r1 has detected a page fragment with multiple root components.
    the page fragment should only have a single component under the jsp:root tag. If you see more than one, wrap them in e.g. an af:panelGroupLayout or af:group component
    2. SAPFunction.jspx/.xml" has an invalid character ".".
    check the document (you can open it in JDeveloper if the customization was a seeded one. Seems that editing this file smething has gone bad
    3. The expression "#{bindings..regionModel}" (that was specified for the RegionModel "value" attribute of the region component with id "pePanel") evaluated to null.
    "pageeditorpanel" does seem to be missing in the PageDef file of the page holding the region
    Frank

• I just used stellar phoenix mac data recovery and it seemed to work but now my files won't open.  Even though they are "jpeg, mov" files the error message is  could not be opened. The movie's file format isn't recognized. "  Any help or are they corrupted

I just used stellar phoenix mac data recovery and it seemed to work but now my files won't open.  Even though they are "jpeg, mov" files, the error message is  "could not be opened". The movie's file format isn't recognized. "  Any help or are they corrupted?

Sounds to me like the file is probably corrupt. If you had hard drive corruption or damage, that could easily result in recovered files not being fully intact. If you were trying to recover accidentally deleted files, it's possible they might have been partially overwritten before recovering. There are never any guarantees with file recovery.
    Without more information on the circumstances that led you to try recovery, it's hard to give advice on what to try from here. You could always try another file recovery tool, like Data Rescue 3. Just be sure you're taking appropriate precautions when doing recovery. See Recovering deleted files.

Maybe you are looking for