LDOMs VCS support on T5220

I'm trying to determine what the limitations with VCS are with the Sun T5220. I have four applications, each configured in two-node clusters and I want to virtualize them onto two T5220s. Looking at the Veritas document, all it says is that you need to install VCS in the control domain (p39).
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Foundation_Suite/293324.pdf
My question is this: With VCS installed in the control domain, will that allow you to run multiple clustered applications within guest domains, or do clustered applications need to be installed within the control domain?
Thanks...

1. There is an updated application note which explains support/visibility for monitoring applications that run inside LDom. The link to the note is http://library.veritas.com/docs/293324.
2. VCS allows to wait before faulting LDom resource by means of tuning resource and type level attributes. If user wants to wait for core dump to finish, ToleranceLimit attribute of resource type LDom can be set in such a way that VCS will wait before faulting the resource. The formula to set the attribute is:
ceiling(time-in-sec-to-dump-core/MonitorInterval)
This will make VCS wait for time-in-sec-to-dump-core after VCS detects problem with LDom.

Similar Messages

• Does LDoms support redhat linux ?

Deal All
    Does LDoms support redhat linux ?
    my server is Sun SPARC Enterprise T1000.
    i search in "http://www.sun.com/servers/coolthreads/tnb/linux.jsp" that LDoms only support Ubuntu Linux and Gentoo Linux.
    Doesn't LDoms really support redhat linux ?
    Kind regard..^^
    Message was edited by: dok3809

If the question is actually does Linux support Java, the answer is yes.
    http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html
    J2EE on the other hand is 'sort of', you will need to download the J2EE DK from sun.

• Sun Studio 11 with Rational ClearCase (for its VCS)

I'm trying to use Sun Studio 11 with Rational ClearCase.
    IMHO, it is possible to use ClearCase in it as a VCS,
    because an error message in Sun Studio 11 indicated http://vcsgeneric.netbeans.org/profile/ to add external VCS support.
    Then, my questions are...
    1. Is it possible to use Rational ClearCase for the VCS?
    2. If it is possible, which module do I have to get from the site
    (http://vcsgeneric.netbeans.org/profiles/)?
    3. How to Install it into Sun Studio 11?
    Thanks in advance.

First of all - Sun Studio IDE is shipped without Clear Case support,
    and there is no official way to add this feature. Technically it is possible
    to add a plugin module, compatible with NetBeans 3.5, which will
    provide Clear Case support, but it is not a supported configuration.
    So it is not recommended to experiment with a Sun Studio installation,
    which is used in real job. The answers below are mostly my guess,
    because we did not try Sun Studio with Clear Case.
    1. Is it possible to use Rational ClearCase
    for the VCS?Yes, I think there is a ClearCase plugin module for Netbeans 3.5:
    http://vcsgeneric.netbeans.org/profiles/index.html
    2. If it is possible, which module do I have to get
    from the site
    (http://vcsgeneric.netbeans.org/profiles/)?
    I think this one:
    http://vcsgeneric.netbeans.org/files/documents/67/117/clearcase-profile.nbm
    . How to Install it into Sun Studio 11?You have to be able to write to the installation tree, which means you
    have to be root, or you have to change access modes. This module
    will be installed in /opt/netbeans/3.5V11/ directory, so this directory
    and its subdirectories should be writable for you. You have to start
    Netbeans using script /opt/netbeans/3.5V11/ bin/runide.sh, and
    upgrade it with the new plugin module. I can provide more details,
    but I want to repeat again, that this is unsupported configuration,
    so if you want to try it on your own system as an experiment -
    let me know, I'll describe the process in details.
    Sorry about this problem.
    Thanks,
    Nik

• Convert ics to vcs

I am preparing to downgrade from a smartphone to a feature/messaging phone. I found that, since getting and iPad, I hardly ever use my smartphone's apps and web browsing features. I plan on getting a phone with voice minutes, texting, and personal email. I also want to use its built-in calendar.
    I use iCal on my mac mini. iCal exports calendars in .ics format. The new phone will only import .vcs-formatted calendars. I'm looking for a method—an application, applescript, Automator workflow, etc.—to convert .ics-formatted calendars exported from iCal to .vcs format.
    Any ideas?

I found that website earlier today with a Google search. When I used the utility it produced a file that was downloaded to my Downloads folder. It had an odd extension, "calendar_file.vcs.ics", so I changed it to "calendar_file.vcs".
    Next, I turned on bluetooth on my work phone. (It is a feature phone similar to the one I'm getting in a few weeks.) From my Mac, I sent "calendar_file.vcs" to the phone via bluetooth. The phone accepted it. However, when I opened the built-in calendar (on the phone), no events were there.
    I tried it again with a different calendar. Same result. Very frustrating.
    I also found another procedure. This one involved installing Mozilla Sunbird (beta). Then installing a "vcs support" add-on in Sunbird. After that I imported the .ics calendar into Sunbird and exported its .vcs counterpart.
    When I tried to send the Sunbird-exported .vcs calendar file to the phone via bluetooth the phone would not accept it. It produced an error and stopped the transfer. No luck.

• Oracle VM Server for SPARC MIB for Solaris 11 Not available

Hi,
    From the 2.1/2.2 Release Notes - The Oracle VM Server for SPARC MIB software is only available on Oracle Solaris 10 systems.
    Anyone know when MIB software will be available on Solaris 11 ?
    Thanks
    Andy

We're on it (7082776 RFE: Need LDoms MIB support on S11), coming in next release.

• Merging OSB changes from two projects

Good day,
    We have two (or possibly more) projects working on OSB. There are some assets that will be modified by more than one project but due to scope and timelines, this work cannot happen on one version.
    Is there a recommended way to merge changes from one branch of OSB assets to another branch of OSB assets? I know that under the hood it is just XML but treating the XML files as mergable assets without a tool like the Eclipse VCS support to help guide it seems like a recipe for problems.
    How do others handle this issue?
    Thanks,
    Sean

Hi Sean,
    There is really no tool to guide us to merge two versions of the osb code. As you mentioned, given that osb code is represented as an xml file, you can try to do a comparison between them and merge them manually, but if the changes done in the different branches are significantly different I would refrain from doing so.
    #1 The best way is to let one team take the pain of redoing their changes on top of the other team's version.
    #2 One stop-gap solution is to build the logic in two different local proxies (by each team) and then have a wrapper proxy that can invoke appropriate proxy based on some logic. But if the functionality built by both the teams is similar, then the above option #1 will be the best way to maintain the code.
    Let us know in case of further issues/clarifications.
    Thanks,
    Patrick

• Cant open boot archive after copying Solaris 10 from one machine to another

We are running "Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a" on a Sun Fire 480R.
    I tried to, using ufsdump to copy the filesysem to a T5220 which has 4 disks, the first 2 disks are a mirrored os of a Solaris 10 version already there.
    So I restored the ufs inages to the 3rd disk, ran installboot with the bootblock from the restored image for s sun Fire 480R as there did not appear to be a bootblock for a T5220 , as its a more recent server.
    ie:
    installboot /mnt/usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s0
    /mnt/usr/platform/SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk: File not found
    so I do this instead :
    installboot /mnt/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s0
    Now then I try to boot I get :
    Boot device: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/disk@2 File and args:
    ufs-file-system
    Loading: /platform/sun4v/boot_archive
    Loading: /platform/sun4v/boot_archive
    Can't open boot_archive
    Evaluating:
    The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
    but, as far as I know this old version of Solaris did not use a boot archive and there is no directory /platform/sun4v/boot_archive in the restored files, nor on the original server.
    So, my question is, if the old version of os did not support a boot-archive, why is this restored image, when I boot , giving this error.
    Surely all the data on the 3rd disk should be the same as on the old server.!!
    What am I missing here ??
    George

Well, you can't just copy an OS from one type of system to another and expect it to work. For one thing the OS communicates with its hardware through the /dev/ and /devices layer, and that layer will be completely different when you transfer it to another system.
    Second of all the lack of boot block for the T5220 in your installation indicates that your version of Solaris 10 does not support the T5220 platform, which probably means that it will be impossible to boot completely on it anyway..
    I'm not sure when the SPARC systems started to use the boot-archive..
    Anyway, the two things you have missed is to create the boot-archive (with bootadm update-archive -R /mnt), and to run devfsadm on the new platform (devfsadm -r /mnt ).
    Even so, there is no guarantee that your version of Solaris actually supports your hardware.. But i guess that's documented in the Sun System Hardware Handbook..
    .7/M.

• Merging of lsps

hi,
    what do you mean by merging of lsps..?
    In what all scenarios do we use this..?
    How do we do this..?
    Thanks in advance,
    Thomas.

Hello Thomas,
    the term "VC merge" is used in cell based MPLS. There ATM cell headers (VPI/VCI) are used as labels. Basically LVCs are setup through f.e. LDP. The main issue VC merge does address is the comparably low number of VCs supported per interface in ATM routers and switches. Assume 100 routers attached to an ATM network - this could mean roughly 10000 LVCs.
    VC merge means, that an ATM switch has several incoming VCs (VPI/VCI) mapped to one outgoing label (VPI/VCI). Thus on the outgoing interface towards one router R1 only one VC is created and not 99 (a separate one per other router).
    In cell-based MPLS you can configure this through the command "mpls atm vc-merge".
    The detailed description can be found at: "MPLS over ATM: VC Merge"
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk798/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c2d73.shtml
    In frame-based MPLS the downstream router distributes a single label per destination network. So all upstream neighbors will use the same label. This could also be called "merging of LSPs". As this is the default, there is no specific configuration required.
    Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.
    Regards, Martin

• Telepresence implementation

CTI-TMS-SW-K9
    Cisco TelePresence Management Suite   Includes 10 Systems=1 qty
    CTS-SX20-PHD12X-K9
    SX20 Quick Set HD  NPP  12xPHDCam  1 mic  remote cntrl =3 qty
    BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=
    Cisco BE6000 Medium Density Server  Export Restricted SW =2 qty
    CP-DX80-K9=
    Cisco DX80 =9 qty
    CTI-5320-MCU-K9
    Cisco TelePresence MCU 5320 up to 40 SD ports=1 qty
    suggest me how to design for above BOQ,by considering above boq i suspect i need to install Following VM in BE6K
    1) VCS-C&E
    2) TMS
    3)CUCM 
    Does VCS supports coresident? How to make a design for this BOQ?

Duplicate thread - refer to https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12302361/telepresence-implementation.

• Is there ever to be .vcs/.ics support?

I get many appointment notifications via email, my business relies on it. With the email is a .vcs (vCal) attachment containing all the relevant information. Also attached is a .vcf (vCard) file with customer contact info.
    iPhone Mail app opens imports the .vcF information flawlessly into Contacts with a mere touch of my finger. It has no idea what to do with the .vcS file; all it shows is a question mark. This limitation has been present since the first gen iPhone, and has survived OS upgrades 2, 3, and 4, despite "targeting business users" since OS2, and expanding attachment support in OS4.
    Currently I have to go to my desktop, open Outlook (which understands the formats just fine, thank-you-very-much) to import said attachments into the calendar there, then have GoogleSync relay the additions to a Gmail calendar that updates the iPhone.
    Changing the .vcs extension to .ics at least gives me an attachment that OS4 will allow me to view, but only as a text file; no option to import the event into Calendar exists. I did stumble across an iPhone app (Calendar Happy) that will convert the .ics to something usable for Calendar (via their servers), but it still requires me to download the .vcs file to my desktop computer, change the extension to .ics, then email it to the iPhone for processing by Happy Calendar; a "workaround" that is much more consuming than using Outlook.
    My questions are these:
    -Is there anyone out there with another workaround that eliminates the need for using my desktop computer?
    -Is there anyone out there with knowledge that Apple is working on this? Similar threads abound on the Web (google "open .vcs with iPhone" or similar and grasp the enormity of the need)
    -Is this a power play/struggle between Apple and Microsoft, similar to the Adobe/Flash broo-ha-ha (which was finally satisfactorily addressed by Jobs himself)?
    The iPhone has radically changed the way I do business for the better, and I've long been a user, but this limitation is frustrating beyond words.
    Any help/advice would be welcome.

I'm marking this as answered due to the fact that I've found an acceptable work-around until Apple gets with the program. 
    In my initial post I mentioned that an app (Calendar Happy) would convert .ics to a usable iPhone-friendly format, but not .vcs. Well, I emailed them and asked that they look at supporting .vcs in addition, since the two files are so similar and widespread. They asked me to forward a sample to work with, and while I was generating one, I got another email from them saying that their service had been updated to accept .vcs, and that an update to the app had been submitted to Apple for approval. Not even 24 hours!!
    Now THAT'S customer service!  
    Apple, please take notice. 
    While this workaround involves forwarding my email to them, then opening the reply attachment with their app, I commend them for devising a thoroughly workable solution to iphone's deficiency. Their reply email takes every bit of 5-10 seconds to come back, making it a virtually immediate event. 
    Obviously, Apple is not ignoring the .ics/.vcs omission due to hardware/OS limitations, as Calendar Happy proves that the solution is easily attainable. Maybe iOS5 will fix it on the native level. But I don't have to hold my breath anymore. 
    Thanks to all of you who tried to help. 

• Cluster in a box with Guest LDOMs : SCSI-3 reservations are not supported

Hello,
    I recently installed the Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.1 in  two simple Guest LDOMs (OVM for SPARC 3.1) with  one T5140 server and  SE 7110 as a shared storage. The some  SE 7110 whole LUNs mapped as VDS devices to both LDOMs. After initial installation of Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.1 I observed issues with quorum device -  both nodes cannot get SCSI3 (default) persistent reservation keys information at same time - only one node can be able to scrub. After switching cluster's global fencing option to "nofencing" (with "software" quorum implementation) both nodes can access quorum device successfully. So I can conclude that SCSI3 PGRs are not supported in this cases.  
    Unfortunately I didn't find any official and nonofficial documents info regarding this limitation. Could you please confirm or decline my suggestion.
    Thanks.

I am answering on my question by itself
    Planning the Oracle Solaris OS - Oracle Solaris Cluster Software Installation Guide
    Fencing – Do not export a storage LUN to more than one guest domain on the same physical machine unless you also disable fencing for that device. Otherwise, if two different guest domains on the same machine both are visible to a device, the device will be fenced whenever one of the guest domains halts. The fencing of the device will panic any other guest domain that subsequently tries to access the device.
    RTFM...

• NUMA support on LDOM?

Hi,
    I would like to know whether Oracle VM Server for SPARC version 2.0 support NUMA or not?
    We're having some problem with JAVA garbage collection (+XX:UseNUMA is enabled) on LDOM running on Sparc T3.
    Restarting the LDOM can help resolve the problem temporary.
    Thanks.

It's not that Adobe does not support iOS, it's that Apple does not allow third party plugins on the mobile version of Safari.

• Can I install Sun Cluster on LDOM guest domain. Is Oracle RAC a supported c

Hello,
    Can I install Sun Cluster on LDOM guest domains. Is Oracle RAC on LDOM guest domains of 2 physical servers a supported configuration from oracle?
    Many thanks in advance
    Ushas Symon

Hello,
    The motive behind using LDOm Guest domains as RAC node is to have a better control of the resource allocation, since i will be having more than one guest domains which should perform different functions. The customer wants to have ORACLE RAC alone (without sun cluster).
    I will have two T5120's and one 2540 shared storage.
    My plan of configuration is to have
    Control&IO Domain with 8VCPU, 6GB mem
    one LDOM guest domain on each physical machine with 8 VCPU's, 8GB of memory, shared n/w and disks participating as RAC node's. (Don't know yet if i will use solaris cluster or not)
    one guest domain on each physical machine with 12 VCPU's, 14GB of memory, shared n/w and disks participating as BEA weblogic cluster nodes (not on solaris cluster)
    One guest domain on each physical machine with 4 VCPU's, 4GB of memory,shared n/w and disks participating as apache web cluster (on solaris cluster)
    Now, My question is, is it a supported configuration to have guest domains as Oracle RAC participants for 11gR2 (either with or without solaris cluster).
    If I need to configure RAC nodes on solaris cluster, is it possible to have two independent clusters on LDOM , one 2 node cluster for RAC and another 2 node cluster for apache web?
    Kindly advise
    Many thanks in advance
    Ushas Symon

• VCS starter pack support SX20?

Hi,
       In Cisco VCS Starter Pack Express Deployement Guide 7.2, Appendix 3 say it support Movi/E20/Ex60/Ex90/MX200,
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Starter_Pack_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf
      But SX20 also SIP video devices, why VCS Starter Pack doesn't support SX20?

The data sheet might be informative as well:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697075.html
    /jens

• Cisco VCS X7.1 RFC 4480 support (Rich Presence)

Hi all,
    This is regarding Cisco VCS-C X7.1 or 7.2.
    We’re trying to implement Rich Presence (RFC 4480) which is stated as supported in this document (page 34):
    http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/release_note/Cisco_VCS_Release_Note_X7-1.pdf
    However, the VCS returns “Online” indication even if the system in question is in a call. There’s no “busy” status for some reason. I’m referring to the SIP PUA which gives an option for using the presence even with H.323 endpoints, given their registration in a form of URI.
    Is the Rich Presence supported for Jabber only?
    Thanks!

Rich Presence isn't available for the normal endpoints, only the SIP SIMPLE status generated by the Presence User Agent (PUA).  From the on-line help:
    Endpoints that do not support presence can have status published on their behalf by the VCS. The service that publishes this information is called the Presence User Agent (PUA).
    The PUA takes information from the local registration database and the call manager and determines, for each endpoint that is currently locally registered, whether or not it is currently in a call. The PUA then provides this status information via a PUBLISH message.
    For the PUA to successfully provide presence information about a locally registered endpoint:
    The endpoint must be registered with an alias in the form of a URI.
    The domain part of the URI must be able to be routed to a SIP registrar that has a presence server enabled. (This could be either the local Presence Server, if enabled, or another Presence Server on a remote system.)
    When enabled, the PUA generates presence information for all endpoints registered to the VCS, including those which already support presence. The status information provided by the PUA is either:
    online (registered but not in a call)
    in call (registered and currently in a call)
    The PUA will update and publish presence information on receipt of:
    a registration request (for new registrations)
    a registration refresh (for existing registrations)
    a deregistration request
    call setup and cleardown information
    Wayne
    Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Maybe you are looking for

• XML Publisher report errors out when RDF report has no data

Hi everyone, I created a template and attached it to an RDF. When i run the oracle report with the attached template, if the report has 'not data exists' the report is erroring out. is it the normal functionality of XML publiher??. Because i remember

• International characters in Zen X

If I have songs in several languages, e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German and French, is there anyway that Zen Xtra can display each one of those. Currently it displays the appropriately only when the language settings is set correctly. But I want

• Like and ||

I am writing query like select * from emp where dname = 'marketing' works fine  but besise  dname  marketing  I have marketing 2 and marketing3 so I thought  I can write  select * from emp where  dname like 'marketing%'  but it work in sql environmen

• Delete Line Item Document Using  DI W/Out Using Recordset

in my DI Version 6.50.097 , there is no properties in Document_Lines Object that fasilitate us to remove one of line items in document. We can do that by recordset.doquery "delete POR1 where ...... but when we open the document the value (if we updat

• Formula Variable

Hi Guys, I have o calculate no. of days as a difference between 2 dates. I can use Formula Variable to do the same. I however cant't have both the dates in my report (in rows). Hence Formula variable doesnt work. Any other work around guys? Cheeers K