Problem with my T400

Anyone has a suggestion where I should send my complain to (no more calls). Here is my story of purchasing a thinkpad T400.
11/30/2009
Because the online order system down, it took me over 10 hours with many tries to placed my order. This is understandable because the 20% off . Finally, my order was placed and I received an order number 3D3xxx.
12/14/2009
(1) I received the notebook and discover the battery is not chargeable.
(2) Call technical support. I was transfer to Warranty department because they have no information of my notebook? Should the warranty information automatically generated when I register on line?
(3) The warranty information was enter to the system. I was told it will take 2-3 day to send the data over to the technical support department. So an exception was made so I can get service right away. A case 23PHxxx was created.
12/15/2009
A UPS shipping box received. I sent the notebook to your eastern service center.
12/18/2009
(1) The notebook was sent back to me. There was no notification of the shipment so none was available to sign the package. It took me two hours to pick up the package at a UPS center which is far away and unknown area for me at night.
(2) I was notified that technician, Z. Young, replaced the system board and reloaded factory Installed software. But he cannot replace the battery because the battery is not under "warranty"? I do not know why the above "exception" can let him replace the system board, but not the battery. The worst thing is, a wrong version windows was reloaded, 32 bits instead of 64 bits. I already have a T60 runs on 32 bit xp. I need a 64 bit notebook to work on MS sharepoint 2010 which requires 64 bit OS. When I received the notebook on 12/14, it cames with 64 bit OS.
(3) I made a call to technical support, I was assign a new case number, 22QGxxx and was told to call next day because no warranty information.
11/19/2009
Call technical support, I was told to call again on Monday because none in the warranty department works in weekend.
11/21/2009
(1) Received a call from warranty department. After verify the customer, order, model and serial numbers. I was notified there was a data entry error so no warranty information for my notebook is avaliable. It should be correct.
(2) Received a call from technical support. A new case, 20TTxxx was created. I was told, a new battery, a windows 7 64 bit system recovery cd along with an used AC adapter will send to me. I need to return the bad battery.
11/22/2009
(1) Received AC adapter only.
(2) I called technical support and was transfer to customer services because technical support does not have shipping information.
(3) I was transfer again to back order department and notified that the battery was in back order. They do not have sn EDT for the battery and have no information of the windows recovery cd.
(4) Finally, I was transfer back to technical support and notified the windows cd should be send by a vendor and will take 2-3 days.
As of now, I still do not have a workable notebook yet. You can see the time I spent on the matter. I have to take risks of my job to made most these calls during work hours. It is incredible. I used to love thinkpad and its services. Next time when I need a notebook, I need to think thought after the experience I had this time.

Eg10013,
Can you send me a PM with your sales order number, and your service cases ?
This sounds like we made this a lot more difficult than it needed to be and I'd really like to look into this.
1) Sometimes batteries aren't properly recognized... we can try to reset them by removing battery and AC from the system, press and hold the power button several times for 5 secs or so each time.   Reinstall battery and AC and power up system - see if battery will now charge.  I've seen this once or twice - very low incidence rate, but worth spending 2 or 3 mins to rule out.  Easy fix, if this is the issue.
2) All systems ship with a base warranty - there should not have been a delay in providing you with support for at least the base terms - onsite upgrades can take a week or so to register and be recognized.   I think we should have offered to send you the battery and AC adapter rather than bringing the system into the repair depot.   Problem determination over the phone should have been able to determine if it were the adapter (check voltage at the tip - try to start system with no battery installed.  If starts up, the AC adpater is probably ok)   (Check battery to see if system will boot from battery only, no AC - if so battery probably ok).
I'm not sure why they decided to re-image the system - should have had nothing to do with the problem, especially on a brand new system.   Ordering recovery disks can take a couple of days.
On your battery order - if you call support and ask for the warranty claim number - should be a CWxxxxx number, you can call parts at 800-388-7080 and following the phone menu inquire about status on this claim number - they should have an ETA.    Phone option 3 on the first menu, then press 2 on the second menu, then stay on the line and a rep will answer.
I'm going to be out for the holiday, but will return to work on Monday, and will follow up with you to ensure this is resolved.
I apologize for your experience so far...
Best regards,
Mark
ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Problem with T400 and external monitor (1920x1200 resolution)

Hi there
    My laptop:
    ThinkPad T400 2767-C99* (graphics is: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 256MB / X4500MHD (Switchable Graphics)), OS is WinXP
    I just installed the newest video driver from the lenovo page (which also installs "ATI catalyst")
    Externale Monitor:
    I just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 2443FW, 24" TFT monitor with maximum resolution 1920x1200
    Problem:
    Monitor works great with my newer T400s and my old Acer laptop. However, with my T400 (described above), I can't make the monitor use the 1920x1200 resolution. However, all the other resolutions look ugly so I need it to work with 1920x120
    - If i change the resolution by rightclicking on the Windows XP desktop (and then properties=>settings) and set the screen resolution there to 1920x1200, then my monitor only used a lower resoltion (1440x900) and I get a scrolling effect as I move my pointer across the screen
    - if I use ATI catalyst software to set the resolution, I can only chose smaller resolutions (it does no go up to 1920x1200)
    Questions
    Is that a hardware (maybe the graphic card does not support 1920x1200) or a software problem (maybe some problem with the driver) or just a matter of setting?
    What can I do?
    Help would be very much appreaciated!
    *Original description: Based 2767-2JG: T9550(2.66GHz), 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1440x900 LCD, 256MB ATI Radeon 3470HD, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1GB Ether, UltraNav, Sec Chip, FPR, Camera, 9c Li-Ion, DOS License
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

bfrey wrote:
    Thank you for your answer.
    I have already installed the newsest drivers from Lenovo. I don't really see why I should install a non-official driver. I am convinced that it must work somehow with the official driver.
    Kind regards
    there are plenty of instances where the official driver have glitches... just look around the forum to find instances of which.... while official drivers maybe better in most instances, there are always the odd case where it doesn't work as well as it should. If they perfectly out of box, then there would never need to be multiple revisions and updates. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Networking Problems with T400

Good Afternoon.
    We have a problem with T400 Lenovo notebook 6475-6E7.
    Operating System Windows XP SP3.
    When the computer is set to standby and we unplug the network cable to move this notebook to another place, the ip that the notebook has when it was connected to the cable is keep, even if we change the cable with another internet connection that has another IP Range.
    We can only change the automatic IP making an ip config /release. and ipconfig /renew.
    Another thing that is rare is that when you unplug the cable and you make an ipconfig /all, the interface shows you the IP even if the cable is unplug.
    The driver installed on this notebook is the same you have on the web. Do you have any idea what could cause the IP to be keep by the notebook even if this is unplug from the wall.

Hi ikaross,
    Do you use thinkvantage Access Connections?
    Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
    ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
    IdeaPad: U350
    Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
    Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
    Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
      Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• Problem with sleep mode-T400

Hey Guys,
    I have a lenovo T-400, Windows Vista Home Basic 32Bit. When I put my computer to sleep and try to wake it up within 5 minutes, it wakes up but it doesn't wake up when the sleep time goes beyond 5 mins.
    Here are the "few" things that I have tried:
    1) Installed Windows Xp Pro(Service Pack 2 and 3)
    2) Installed Windows Vista Home Premium( My own Copy)
    3) Installed Windows Vista Home Basic( Lenovo Recovery Disks)
    4) Installed Service packs for the above mentioned windows.
    5) Ran Lenovo System Update and updated all softwares(Including BIOS, Power Manager and Display Drivers)
    6) Ran Lenovo System Toolbox(which says everything is working fine)
    7) Called Lenovo Customer Care every other day for past one month-with no success)
    8) Turned Security Chip as "Active" in the bios( as suggested by someone in this forum)
    9) Spoke to Lenovo Customer Support to replace my laptop( but they say that it is not a hardware issue so they can't do anything about it)
    10) Visited many windows forums and tried installing windows hotfix meant to cure this problem but again no success.
    11) I have also tried matching settings of my laptop with another T400 laptop(in which sleep mode works), but no success.
    12)Finally I was suggested by a friend to use this forum and that I would definitely get a solution here.
    Please help me. I am a student and therefore the proper functioning of sleep mode feature is very important for me.
    Also, My laptop is under warranty for one more year.

Hi,
    Have you check you settings in Power Manager. If you start it, switch to advanced mode and check inactivity settings for the power profile you are using  you will find that you can set times for shutting down certain things. Look if you have things set to shutdown after 5 minutes.
    The obvious suspect would be that you have set the machine to hibernate after  5 minutes (although this seems very short). Once you have found the "suspect" change the time to verify that this is what causes the problem.
    Mats
    Thinkpad T400s, X61s, X41, 600

• T400s Problems with screen after reconnecti​on power.

I am happy for my T400s but is some times has screen issues when the power is plug in and it wakes up from sleep. I have some pictures of it.
    Image 1
    Video
    Video of the problem
    Is there a problem with the computer ?

I have this too. I believe it has to do with a changed power state (or however you call this) since the moment of suspension / hibernation. I think it's even reproducable:
    1. Have your PC plugged on AC (respectively not)
    2. Suspend / hibernate your PC
    3. Unplug (respectively do connect to charger)
    4. Resume & login, voilà!
    So what I started doing is e.g. first unplug my laptop before I suspend and leave home... You can imagine.
    A graphics driver issue?

• Problem hibernate with ThinkPad T400 2764 CTO................

Sorry all because my english is very bad..........
    i have a problem with my thinkpad, when i am using my laptop with full battery or using adapter , the laptop auto hibernate, it's like when my laptop low battery,......somebody like me.........help me to fix this problem...
    Thanks

Hi thptquochoc,
    Does it happen only when the computer is idle?
    You have some settings in power manager where you can specify that the computer should hibernate when idle for a certain period of time. If set too low it might hibernate pretty fast when you leave the computer idle. If not using power manager there is a similar settings in Windows under power options. You have the options to specify that the computer should hibernate when running on battery, power adapter or you can disable this setting as well to prevent hibernate.
    If you let me know the version of Windows you use i can be more specific where to find those settings if that might be the problem.
    -gan

• Wimax (Clear) issues with the T400/intel 5150

Hey everyone, thanks in advance for any help!
    My T400 came in a few days ago, and I'm quite happy with it. I ordered and my computer shipped with the 5150 wimax card in it as Clear recently added service for my city.
    While everything else works perfectly, I've been having some trouble with the Wimax. Whenever I attempt to connect to Clear's service, it fails with a 'DHCP server not responding' error. I spent some time on the phone with Clear and they say everything checks out from their end (my MAC is authorized, service paid up, etc.). They recommended trying to use the default Intel Proset connection manager software as opposed to Lenovo's Access Connections.
    Has anyone else had similar trouble, and is it even possible to use the Intel Proset connection manager without having to muck around and uninstall the access connections utility?
    Sorry for the wall of text, but thanks again.

There is a problem with Intel's connection software. You need to upgrade to the latest version of Intel ProSET/Wireless WiMAX Software (1.5.0 as of 4/30/2010). That version will work much better although there are still repotedly some issues with it and Intel is still working on fixing those.
    Hope this helps.

• Problems with widespread

I have downloaded Firefox so I can play games on facebook as I was having trouble of the widespread, since downloading i still having problems, there is no scroll bar down the bottom to see the whole picture, is there anyone who can help me please

We've been having the same issue as far as laptops not powering up. We have the 2767-11U model. It seems to happen randomly, and over a good number of our fleet. We've found pulling the bios battery will have it back up and running, but thats a big problem for a remote user. I've had probably 15 or so system boards replaced in them, and havent seen any of them back for that issue that i can think of.. So no, you are not alone with pretty numerous and odd issues with the T400's.

• Flex 2 14 problem with keyboard

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
    Hi all,
    I recently got this problem with my flex 2 14, the keys dont repeat when held down. For example when i press backspace, it deletes one letter only after holding down. My filter key is off and i even did a system restore, but the problem still persist. Any idea what is happening?

Good day and welcome to the community.
    Does your spacebar have this symbol on it:
    If so, please try Fn+spacebar.
    Please note page 7 of the hardware manual:
    http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/le​novo_flex_2_14_flex_2_14d_flex_2_15_flex_2_15d_ug_​...
    says: "(on select models)".
    Regards.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• [T400] Hybrid-pro​blems with my T400

Hi.
    At first I want to say sorry for my maybe bad English-skills.
    My T400 has some problems with the hybrid-combination Radeon 3450 and the Intel-graphic.
    If I install the the normal drivers from the Lenovo-site the hybrid works and I can change it with the energy-manager. But OpenGL and Direct3D dont work. I cant play Call of Duty for example, it gives me a fail-message with both cards.
    Then I tried the Catalyst-ATI-driver with Moility-Modder. This works but I cant use the bybrid-mode now. And after every restart the Ati-graphic is deactivated even though I switched to discrete-graphic in Bios and Windows always uses the Intel-graphic.
    I hope someone can give me some infos how to make it work again, preferably in hybrid-mode.
    Many thanks and greets to the Lenovo-community,
    jimmy

*push*

• Rescue and Recovery - problem with sceduled backups

hello,
    I use XP on a T61, with all latest updates...
    It seems R&R does not complete sceduled backups or does not list the generated backup.
    today (sceduled every 1st of month) it started and works, may be 1 hour, but no new entry in the list of backups was generated ? during run no messages were displayed except because of some files which were not able to save by r&r. 
    It seems, same problem was on 1 of january - no backup or/and no entry in list.
    So I started another backup manually. this was ok and a now an new entry is in the list.
    Does anybody have an idea ?
    Could it be a problem with Norton Antivirus Protection ?
    thank you for any help!
    Hans

sorry i forget to mention that i an using  thinkpad T400. 

• A problem with threads

I am trying to implement some kind of a server listening for requests. The listener part of the app, is a daemon thread that listens for connections and instantiates a handling daemon thread once it gets some. However, my problem is that i must be able to kill the listening thread at the user's will (say via a sto button). I have done this via the Sun's proposed way, by testing a boolean flag in the loop, which is set to false when i wish to kill the thread. The problem with this thing is the following...
    Once the thread starts excecuting, it will test the flag, find it true and enter the loop. At some point it will LOCK on the server socket waiting for connection. Unless some client actually connects, it will keep on listening indefinatelly whithought ever bothering to check for the flag again (no matter how many times you set the damn thing to false).
    My question is this: Is there any real, non-theoretical, applied way to stop thread in java safely?
    Thank you in advance,
    Lefty

This was one solution from the socket programming forum, have you tried this??
    public Thread MyThread extends Thread{
         boolean active = true;          
         public void run(){
              ss.setSoTimeout(90);               
              while (active){                   
                   try{                       
                        serverSocket = ss.accept();
                   catch (SocketTimeoutException ste){
                   // do nothing                   
         // interrupt thread           
         public void deactivate(){               
              active = false;
              // you gotta sleep for a time longer than the               
              // accept() timeout to make sure that timeout is finished.               
              try{
                   sleep(91);               
              }catch (InterruptedException ie){            
              interrupt();
    }

• Problem with Threads and a static variable

I have a problem with the code below. I am yet to make sure that I understand the problem. Correct me if I am wrong please.
    Code functionality:
    A timer calls SetState every second. It sets the state and sets boolean variable "changed" to true. Then notifies a main process thread to check if the state changed to send a message.
    The problem as far I understand is:
    Assume the timer Thread calls SetState twice before the main process Thread runs. As a result, "changed" is set to true twice. However, since the main process is blocked twice during the two calls to SetState, when it runs it would have the two SetState timer threads blocked on its synchronized body. It will pass the first one, send the message and set "changed" to false since it was true. Now, it will pass the second thread, but here is the problem, "changed" is already set to false. As a result, it won't send the message even though it is supposed to.
    Would you please let me know if my understanding is correct? If so, what would you propose to resolve the problem? Should I call wait some other or should I notify in a different way?
    Thanks,
    B.D.
    Code:
    private static volatile boolean bChanged = false;
    private static Thread objMainProcess;
       protected static void Init(){
            objMainProcess = new Thread() {
                public void run() {
                    while( objMainProcess == Thread.currentThread() ) {
                       GetState();
            objMainProcess.setDaemon( true );
            objMainProcess.start();
        public static void initStatusTimer(){
            if(objTimer == null)
                 objTimer = new javax.swing.Timer( 1000, new java.awt.event.ActionListener(){
                    public void actionPerformed( java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt){
                              SetState();
        private static void SetState(){
            if( objMainProcess == null ) return;
            synchronized( objMainProcess ) {
                bChanged = true;
                try{
                    objMainProcess.notify();
                }catch( IllegalMonitorStateException e ) {}
        private static boolean GetState() {
            if( objMainProcess == null ) return false;
            synchronized( objMainProcess ) {
                if( bChanged) {
                    SendMessage();
                    bChanged = false;
                    return true;
                try {
                    objMainProcess.wait();
                }catch( InterruptedException e ) {}
                return false;
        }

Thanks DrClap for your reply. Everything you said is right. It is not easy to make them alternate since SetState() could be called from different places where the state could be anything else but a status message. Like a GREETING message for example. It is a handshaking message but not a status message.
    Again as you said, There is a reason I can't call sendMessage() inside setState().
    The only way I was able to do it is by having a counter of the number of notifies that have been called. Every time notify() is called a counter is incremented. Now instead of just checking if "changed" flag is true, I also check if notify counter is greater than zero. If both true, I send the message. If "changed" flag is false, I check again if the notify counter is greater than zero, I send the message. This way it works, but it is kind of a patch than a good design fix. I am yet to find a good solution.
    Thanks,
    B.D.

• Problem with threads running javaw

Hi,
    Having a problem with multi thread programming using client server sockets. The program works find when starting the the application in a console using java muti.java , but when using javaw multi.java the program doesnt die and have to kill it in the task manager. The program doesnt display any of my gui error messages either when the server disconnect the client. all works find in a console. any advice on this as I havent been able to understand why this is happening? any comment would be appreciated.
    troy.

troy,
    Try and post a minimum code sample of your app which
    does not work.
    When using javaw, make sure you redirect the standard
    error and standard output streams to file.
    Graeme.Hi Graeme,
    I dont understand what you mean by redirection to file? some of my code below.
    The code works fine under a console, code is supposed to exit when the client (the other server )disconnects. the problem is that but the clientworker side of the code still works. which under console it doesnt.
    public class Server{
    ServerSocket aServerSocket;
    Socket dianosticsSocket;
    Socket nPortExpress;
    ClientListener aClientListener;
    LinkedList queue = new LinkedList();
    int port = 0;
    int clientPort = 0;
    String clientName = null;
    boolean serverAlive = true;
    * Server constructor generates a server
    * Socket and then starts a client threads.
    * @param aPort      socket port of local machine.
    public Server(int aPort, String aClientName, int aClientPort){
    port = aPort;
    clientName = aClientName;
    clientPort = aClientPort;
    try{
    // create a new thread
    aServerSocket = new ServerSocket(port) ;
    // connect to the nPortExpress
    aClientListener = new ClientListener(InetAddress.getByName(clientName), clientPort, queue,this);
    // aClientListener.setDaemon(true);
    aClientListener.start();
    // start a dianostic port
    DiagnosticsServer aDiagnosticsServer = new DiagnosticsServer(port,queue,aClientListener);
    // System.out.println("Server is running on port " + port + "...");
    // System.out.println("Connect to nPort");
    catch(Exception e)
    // System.out.println("ERROR: Server port " + port + " not available");
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (e.toString()),"ERROR: Server port " + port + " not available", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
    serverAlive = false;
    System.exit(1);
    while(serverAlive&&aClientListener.hostSocket.isConnected()){
    try{
    // connect the client
    Socket aClient = aServerSocket.accept();
    //System.out.println("open client connection");
    //System.out.println("client local: "+ aClient.getLocalAddress().toString());
    // System.out.println("client localport: "+ aClient.getLocalPort());
    // System.out.println("client : "+ aClient.getInetAddress().toString());
    // System.out.println("client port: "+ aClient.getLocalPort());
    // make a new client thread
    ClientWorker clientThread = new ClientWorker(aClient, queue, aClientListener, false);
    // start thread
    clientThread.start();
    catch(Exception e)
    //System.out.println("ERROR: Client connection failure");
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (e.toString()),"ERROR: Client connection failure", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
    }// end while
    } // end constructor Server
    void serverExit(){
         JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Server ","ERROR: nPort Failure", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
         System.exit(1);
    }// end class Server
    *** connect to another server
    public class ClientListener extends Thread{
    InetAddress hostName;
    int hostPort;
    Socket hostSocket;
    BufferedReader in;
    PrintWriter out;
    boolean loggedIn;
    LinkedList queue;      // reference to Server queue
    Server serverRef; // reference to main server
    * ClientListener connects to the host server.
    * @param aHostName is the name of the host eg server name or IP address.
    * @param aHostPort is a port number of the host.
    * @param aLoginName is the users login name.
    public ClientListener(InetAddress aHostName, int aHostPort,LinkedList aQueue,Server aServer)      // reference to Server queue)
    hostName = aHostName;
    hostPort = aHostPort;
    queue = aQueue;
    serverRef = aServer;      
    // connect to the server
    try{
    hostSocket = new Socket(hostName, hostPort);
    catch(IOException e){
    //System.out.println("ERROR: Connection Host Failed");
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (e.toString()),"ERROR: Connection to nPort Failed", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);     
    System.exit(0);
    } // end constructor ClientListener
    ** multi client connection server
    ClientWorker(Socket aSocket,LinkedList aQueue, ClientListener aClientListener, boolean diagnostics){
    queue = aQueue;
    addToQueue(this);
    client = aSocket;
    clientRef = aClientListener;
    aDiagnostic = diagnostics;
    } // end constructor ClientWorker
    * run method is the main loop of the server program
    * in change of handle new client connection as well
    * as handle all messages and errors.
    public void run(){
    boolean alive = true;
    String aSubString = "";
    in = null;
    out = null;
    loginName = "";
    loggedIn = false;
    while (alive && client.isConnected()&& clientRef.hostSocket.isConnected()){
    try{
    in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(client.getInputStream()));
    out = new PrintWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(client.getOutputStream()));
    if(aDiagnostic){
    out.println("WELCOME to diagnostics");
    broadCastDia("Connect : diagnostics "+client.getInetAddress().toString());
    out.flush();
    else {       
    out.println("WELCOME to Troy's Server");
    broadCastDia("Connect : client "+client.getInetAddress().toString());
         out.flush();
    String line;
    while(((line = in.readLine())!= null)){
    StringTokenizer aStringToken = new StringTokenizer(line, " ");
    if(!aDiagnostic){
    broadCastDia(line);
    clientRef.sendMessage(line); // send mesage out to netExpress
    out.println(line);
    out.flush();
    else{
    if(line.equals("GETIPS"))
    getIPs();
    else{
    clientRef.sendMessage(line); // send mesage out to netExpress
    out.println(line);
    out.flush();
    } // end while
    catch(Exception e){
    // System.out.println("ERROR:Client Connection reset");
                             JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (e.toString()),"ERROR:Client Connection reset", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);     
    try{
    if(aDiagnostic){
    broadCastDia("Disconnect : diagnostics "+client.getInetAddress().toString());
    out.flush();
    else {       
    broadCastDia("Disconnect : client "+client.getInetAddress().toString());
         out.flush();
    // close the buffers and connection;
    in.close();
    out.close();
    client.close();
    // System.out.println("out");
    // remove from list
    removeThreadQueue(this);
    alive = false;
    catch(Exception e){
    // System.out.println("ERROR: Client Connection reset failure");
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (e.toString()),"ERROR: Client Connection reset failure", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);     
    }// end while
    } // end method run
    * method run - Generates io stream for communicating with the server and
    * starts the client gui. Run also parses the input commands from the server.
    public void run(){
    boolean alive = true;
    try{
    // begin to life the gui
    // aGuiClient = new ClientGui(hostName.getHostName(), hostPort, loginName, this);
    // aGuiClient.show();
    in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(hostSocket.getInputStream()));
    out = new PrintWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(hostSocket.getOutputStream()));
    while (alive && hostSocket.isConnected()){
    String line;
    while(((line = in.readLine())!= null)){
    System.out.println(line);
    broadCast(line);
    } // end while
    } // end while
    catch(Exception e){
    //     System.out.println("ERRORa Connection to host reset");
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (e.toString()),"ERROR: Connection to nPort reset", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
    try{
    hostSocket.close();
         }catch(Exception a){
         JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, (a.toString()),"ERROR: Exception", JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
    alive = false;
    System.exit(1);
    } // end method run

• Problem with threads and camera.

Hi everybody!
    I've a problem with taking snapshot.
    I would like to display a loading screen after it take snapshot ( sometimes i
    have to wait few seconds after i took snapshot. Propably photo is being taken in time where i have to wait).
    I was trying to use threads but i didn't succeed.
    I made this code:
    display.setCurrent(perform);               
            new Thread(new Runnable(){
                public void run() {               
                    while((!performing.isShown()) && (backgroundCamera.isShown())){
                        Thread.yield();
                    notifyAll();
            }).start();
                public void run() {
                    try {
                        this.wait();                   
                    } catch(Exception e) {
                        exceptionHandler(e);
                    photo = camera.snapshot();                               
                    display.setCurrent(displayPhoto);
            }).start();This code is sometimes showing performing screen but sometimes no.
    I don't know why. In my opinion performing.isShown() method isn't working correctly.
    Does anyone have some idea how to use threads here?

Hi,
    I've finally managed to work this fine.
    The code:
           Object o = new Object();
           display.setCurrent(perform);               
                public void run() {               
                    while(!performing.isShown()){
                        Thread.yield();
                   synchronized(o) {
                      o.notify();
            }).start();
                public void run() {
                    try {
                        synchronized(o) {
                           o.wait(1);
                    } catch(Exception e) {
                        exceptionHandler(e);
                    photo = camera.snapshot();                               
                    display.setCurrent(displayPhoto);
            }).start();

Maybe you are looking for

• MSI G4 4200 Reviews

Where could I find MSI G4 4200 64MB Reviews?

• How to get One Selection Screen for all queries?

Hi Experts, I have three queries having selection screens. All the selection screen have the same variables, but the reports are different. I have created a workbook having these three queries. Each time when the workbook opens, the three selection s

• How to create a matt for art simple objects on white.

I would like to edit with a bunch of photos of objects from a book. They were all shot against white. can I get rid of the white background? I'm running FCP5 mac pro   Mac OS X (10.4.8)  

• Mac Mini Server Hangs, Gets Sluggish

New 2012 Mac Mini Server (2Gig i7 with 8GB memory). Server App is off, and I'm using it as a standalone unit. Running iTunes on an external Thunderbolt RAID. Running Safari with several tabs open. The iMac generally gets irratic within an hour or so:

• Premiere Elements 12 Effects-Panel not working

Hi there! I've recently updated to Elements 12 (from 10) and I am more or less happy, but since today, I can't use the effects-panel anymore. When I click any effect, the options won't pop up (see attached screenshot). Does anyone know what to do? I'