What is the processor family for an Intel T2080?

Hi everyone, I'm compiling my own kernel and I'm stuck on the part regarding processor family. I got a weird sort of CPU. It's an intel pentium dual core T2080. It's not a Core 2 Duo or any of that. According to wikipedia, the model name is 'Yonah' and it is based off of Pentium M. However, the CFlag article on the wiki recommended the Pentium 4 option for all Pentium Dual-Cores. I also got some other varying responses on IRC, including Pentium MMX and Xeon Duo Core. Anyone have any idea what processor family I should be using here? This is my /proc/cpuinfo output:
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 14
model name : Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz
stepping : 12
cpu MHz : 1728.974
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc arch_perfmon bts pni monitor est tm2 xtpr
bogomips : 3459.02
clflush size : 64
power management:
processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 14
model name : Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz
stepping : 12
cpu MHz : 1728.974
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc arch_perfmon bts pni monitor est tm2 xtpr
bogomips : 3459.12
clflush size : 64
power management:

Ferrenrock wrote:
cerbie wrote:T2080 is a Core Duo (Yonah), for practical purposes. My Google-fu revealed this:
http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=29740
I know, but what does Yonah go under? There is no 'yonah' option, moreover, it isn't listed under 'help' in any of the processor families. These are my options:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mak … 2AIntel.2A
Yonah is the code name for that specific core. Core Duo and Intel Dual-Core are brand names to sell the processors under.
A Pentium Dual-Core may be a Yonah (Core family), Merom (basically Conroe, Core 2), or Allendale (Core 2).
A Core Solo or Core Duo will only be Yonah. The Pentium Dual-Core variant just has half the L2 cache.
A Pentium 4 could be a Willamette, Northwood (A,B,C), or Prescott (D,E). The Prescott has had many revisions of other code names, and was a significantly chip from the previous Pentium 4 CPUs (initially, it was crap; but, after a few revisions, and compilers targeting it, it was OK). I forget where Cedar Mill fits in there, if at all, to consumer chips (it's basically, "we can fit more stuff on the Prescott die--cheap! Let's do it!").
A modern Celeron could be a Willamette, Northwood (as crappy as Deschutes, FYI), Prescott (D), Cedar Mill (D), or Allendale (Dual-Core).
There's no reason to give a single CPU its own tuning or architecture feature set, unless it really needs it. The Pentium-M sucked in many ways, so it needed it (they're not bad chips or anything, but were rushed out, due to AMD gaining ground in Notebooks). All of their chips since were designed to take the same kind of code as the Prescott, including the Atom, which is about as far away from the Prescott as you can get.
Last edited by cerbie (2008-11-23 03:09:23)

Similar Messages

• What is the minimum requirements for my Intel based iMac to upgrade to Snow Leopard (and beyond)?

I am starting from scratch with my iMac (after a crash and unworkable back-up):
    Model Name: iMac
      Model Identifier: iMac8,1
      Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
      Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
      Number Of Processors: 1
      Total Number Of Cores: 2
      L2 Cache: 6 MB
      Memory: 4 GB
      Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
      Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
      SMC Version (system): 1.30f1
    So I installed 10.5.8, now I want to upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.6). Is this not possible? I did this before but the install CD give the message that it is not possible. Do I forget something?
    Any help is welcome,
    Victor

Your computer meets all the requirements, but you need to use a retail DVD to upgrade. A different Mac model's original disks won't work.
    (110815)

• I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8 processor dual 2 ghz powerpc g5 what is the next update for that?

I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8 processor dual 2 ghz powerpc g5 what is the next update for that?

There is none. You are at the end for a PPC machine. To upgrade you need to purchase an Intel Mac.
    Upgrade Paths to Snow Leopard, Lion, and/or Mountain Lion
    You can upgrade to Mountain Lion from Lion or directly from Snow Leopard. Mountain Lion can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $19.99. To access the App Store you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later installed.
    Upgrading to Snow Leopard
    You must purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.
    After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store. Access to the App Store enables you to download Mountain Lion if your computer meets the requirements.
         Snow Leopard General Requirements
           1. Mac computer with an Intel processor
           2. 1GB of memory
           3. 5GB of available disk space
           4. DVD drive for installation
           5. Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;
               fees may apply.
           6. Some features require Apple’s iCloud services; fees and
               terms apply.
    Upgrading to Lion
    If your computer does not meet the requirements to install Mountain Lion, it may still meet the requirements to install Lion.
    You can purchase Lion by contacting Customer Service: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation.
         Lion System Requirements
           1. Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7,
               or Xeon processor
           2. 2GB of memory
           3. OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
           4. 7GB of available space
           5. Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
    Upgrading to Mountain Lion
    To upgrade to Mountain Lion you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed. Purchase and download Mountain Lion from the App Store. Sign in using your Apple ID. Mountain Lion is $19.99 plus tax. The file is quite large, over 4 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.
         OS X Mountain Lion - System Requirements
           Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion
             1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 7,1 or later
             2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 5,1 or later
             3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
             4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 2,1 or later
             5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
             6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
             7. Xserve (Early 2009) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later
    To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right.
         Are my applications compatible?
             See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.
         For a complete How-To introduction from Apple see Upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion.

• What is the correct cable for iMac 11,2 Intel core i3, mini dvi to vga or mini display port to vga?

What is the correct cable for iMac 11,2 Intel core i3, mini DVI to VGA or mini display port to VGA to hook up to projector? Thanks!

mini-DisplayPort.
    Regards.

• I now have 4 itouchs, 1 ipad mini, and three iphones for my own family members.  What's the bet way for me to setup itunes so that we can all share the same music, apps, movies, shows, etc?

I now have 4 itouches, 1 ipad mini and 3 iphones in use by my direct family.  What's the best way for me to set things up so that we can all share the same music, apps, movies, shows etc?
    I would prefer to have one account to input dollars which allows all the users (my direct family) to share and buy things.
    Can we all have different user ID's however share the same account?

I'll try to help a bit.
    ITunes match space is different to icloud space. With iTunes match you get storage for 25,000 non iTunes purchased tracks and other than a limit for individual file size, there is no memory limit.
    You can turn match on individuallyon each device (I have it turned off on my iPod but turned on on my iPad and iPhone). When you turn it on then you get access to all the tracks, and in my experience any playlists I create have transferred over very well. I understand that some people have had trouble with playlists though.
    I'm not quite clear with exactly what you mean regarding cleaning up your library, but be careful about using Match for this. There is no guarantee that matched songs will be exactly the same version as your own copy, due to some mismatches, so you could find some problems there. Personall, I am cleaning up my library before matching, but I am rather particular about keeping my library the way I want it. If you aren't as fussed then match could be the answer.
    Hope that helped.

• I have an early 2008 macbook pro that is running slow after upgrading to lion. Is there anything I can do? this is what I have,Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory  2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

I have an early 2008 macbook pro that is running slow after upgrading to lion. Is there anything I can do? this is what I have,Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory  2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

First, back up all data immediately, as your boot drive may be failing.
    Launch the usual set of applications you use when you notice the problem.
    Step 1
    Launch the Activity Monitor application in any of the following ways:
    ☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)
    ☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.
    ☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Activity Monitor in the page that opens.
    Select the CPU tab of the Activity Monitor window.
    Select All Processes from the menu in the toolbar, if not already selected.
    Click the heading of the % CPU column in the process table to sort the entries by CPU usage. You may have to click it twice to get the highest value at the top. What is it, and what is the process? Also post the values for % User, % System, and % Idle at the bottom of the window.
    Select the System Memory tab. What values are shown in the bottom part of the window for Page outs and Swap used?
    Next, select the Disk Activity tab. What approximate values are shown for Reads in/sec and Writes out/sec?
    Step 2
    You must be logged in as an administrator to carry out this step.
    Launch the Console application in the same way as above. Make sure the title of the Console window is All Messages. If it isn't, select All Messages from the SYSTEM LOG QUERIES menu on the left.
    Post the 50 or so most recent messages in the log — the text, please, not a screenshot.
    Important: Some personal information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Edit it out before posting.

• What is the highest iOS for the 1st iPad?

i Have an iPad 1 in the family, it has been updated to iOS 5.1.1.  What is the highest update for this iPa?

You are very welcome...an iPad 1 is still a good machine, but the memory is small and the processor is slow...I have one that is still in daily use but it is definitely limited.

• What's the best Mac for running Final Cut Pro X?

Title says it all. What's the best Mac for running Final Cut Pro X? I'm not looking to make a feature length hollywood film. But I'd like to be able to edit video without lag.

Yes. Begin with the fastest processor / graphics card / and as much RAM as you can afford. (As all three will become obsolete over time.)
    I started from scratch. I have a 27-inch iMac with a 3.4 G Intel Core i7. (currently the fastest processor for an iMac) I also ordered the best graphics card--AMD Ratheon HD. I ordered 16G of RAM, but recently added more RAM to equal 24G. (OWC makes good after-market RAM for iMACs.)
    Last, I ordered a flash drive / SATA hard drive combo.  (250G on flash / ITB on SATA). The OS and all of my applications run off the flash drive. (for fast start up!)
    I put all of my media and FCP projects onto the SATA hard drive.
    Now, I had the option to order a 2TB SATA. But, I realized I can always buy more external storage as I edit more and more projects. ALSO! FCPX is GREAT when it comes to editing projects on external drives! I can segregate an entire project and its media files onto a removeable drive. I simply launch FCPX, plug in the drive and--poof!--I'm ready to edit. It sees the project and the media right away. When I'm done editing, I can then send this drive to another editor (also using FCPX) or attach it to my MacBook if I want to edit the same project in the field.
    This has worked for me. I wish you luck.

• FAQ: What are the system requirements for GroupPix?

FAQ: What are the system requirements for GroupPix?
    Answer:
    iOS:   minimum iOS version is 6.0           GroupPix 1.x runs on iPhone 4, 4s, iPhone 5, or iPod touch (5th generation or later)
    Android: minimum OS version 4.0         GroupPix 1.x is designed for Android phones
    Message was edited by: Pattie F 11/7/13

For Mac:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/SP663
    Software:
    Mac OS X version 10.6.8 or later (intel-based hardware)
    400MB of available disk space
    iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match availability may vary by country.
    Hardware:
    Mac computer with an Intel Core processor and 512MB of RAM
    To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 1GB of RAM is required.
    To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required.
    Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
    Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
    Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work
    Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work.
    You can run OS X 10.6.8 in an Intel-based MacBook w/ first model, in retail DVD.
    But it won't work in a power-pc architecture Mac... see specifications:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
    Hopefully this helps.
    Good luck & happy computing!

• What are the system requirements for downloading Itunes?

What are the system requirements for downloading Itunes?
    When I go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/  it is not an option to download Itunes.  The box is grayed out and I can not click on it!

Windows System Requirements
    PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
    64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
    Macintosh System Requirements
    Mac computer with an Intel Core processor
    OS X version 10.6.8 or later
    Also, just let the page load a bit. It may become available once the page loads.

• What are the system requirements for apple itunes 11.1?

what are the system requirements for apple itunes 11.1?

For Mac:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/SP663
    Software:
    Mac OS X version 10.6.8 or later (intel-based hardware)
    iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match availability may vary by country.
    Hardware:
    Mac computer with an Intel Core processor and 512MB of RAM
    To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 1GB of RAM is required.
    To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required.
    Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
    Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work
    Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work.
    You can run OS X 10.6.8 in an Intel-based MacBook w/ first model, in retail DVD.
    But it won't work in a power-pc architecture Mac... see specifications:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
    Hopefully this helps.
    Good luck & happy computing!

• What are the infotypes required for maintaining benefits....

Hi
    Please help ...
    What are the ingotypes required for maintaing benefits....

Hi Srikanth,
    Please find below the list of Infotypes required for maintaining benefits:
    1. General Benefits Information (Infotype 0171)
    2. Adjustment Reasons (Infotype 0378)   
    3. Health Plans (Infotype 0167)  
    4. Insurance Plans (Infotype 0168)  
    5. Savings Plans (Infotype 0169)  
    6. Flexible Spending Account (Infotype 0170)  
    7. Miscellaneous Plans (Infotype 0377)  
    8. Family/Related Person (Infotype 0021)
    There are also other benefits infotypes e.g. Stock Purchase Plans (Infotype 0379), Credit Plans (Infotype 0236) and many COBRA and retirement plan infotypes but these are used based on the company requirement.
    I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Anand Jalan
    Edited by: Anand Jalan on Jan 6, 2010 9:50 PM
    Edited by: Anand Jalan on Jan 6, 2010 9:52 PM

• What is the best laptop for Photoshop Elements 10 ?

I have HP Pavilion g6 Notebook,i5-245M 2.5GHZ, 4 GB mwmory, 64-bit Operating system window 7, Radeon Graphics, Eidtior not working , I get error message ( Unable to continue because of hardware or system error,Sorry,but this error in unercoverable).
    So I want to give this one to my son, and I want to bay new One for me,
    but i do not want to have same Error with my new Laptop,
    So any one know what is the best Laptop for PhotoShop Elements 10 ?
    Thanks for Helping me .

I would suggest a machine with a multi-core processor and plenty of storage as photo files take up quite a lot of room over time. Many laptops have a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 and whilst elements will run OK some menu functionality will be missing if the display is not at least 800 pixels in height. A resolution of 1600 x 900 would be much better.
    Independent advice is best, such as Which, UK. You can get a trial membership for as little as £1 to access their recommendations.
    http://www.which.co.uk/technology/computing/reviews/laptops/best-buy/verdict/

• Acrobat Standard XI, but can only find the CD for windows.  I have a mac (I have access to an external CD drive and I have the product keys for windows).  What is the best way for me to install it?

Hi, I purchased Acrobat Standard XI, but can only find the CD for windows.  I have a mac (I have access to an external CD drive and I have the product keys for windows).  I have never installed it anywhere else.  What is the best way for me to install it?

Hi lintonm86921521,
    I can understand your concern & will guide you through this.
    I am so sorry to inform you that Acrobat XI Standard is not available on Mac, you can only use it on your Windows computer.
    You can also refer to the system requirements at : System requirements | Acrobat family of products—older versions (XI, X, 9)
    In case if you have any further query please let us know, we will be happy to help you.
    Regards,
    Aadesh

• What is the best  way for using a  C++ in the EJB?

What is the best way for using C++ in the EJB ie
    either 1. Socket programming
    2. JNI

To what purpose?
    To use C++ in the client you could generate IDL from your remote interfaces and run that through your vendor's IDL-to-C++ processor.

Maybe you are looking for

• Error in print program

Hi guys,          I am  trying to change to  new tds format for form 16. After applying snote 1486147 ,there is an error in driver program. The field "H_ECESSTYPE_TAB1" is unknown, but there is a field with the  similar name "ECESSTYPE_TAB1. can any

• NTP alert in logs

We have a critical NTP alert in the logs. UCCX is configured to pull NTP from CUCM1(primary) and CUCM2(sub). It is failing to pull time from CUCM2. I haven't done a "utils NTP restart" yet because I wasn't sure if it would affect service.CUCM2 has a

• IPhoto won't import new photos from Photo Stream.

Hello, iPhoto won't import new taken pictures from Photo Stream. When I disable and then re-enable Photo Stream, all pictures will be imported to iPhoto. But when I take some more pictures, these won't appear in Photo Stream (until disabling/enabling

• OUTPUT parameter for even handler

Hi, Does any body know why Forte doesn't allow OUTPUT parameter type for even handler? Thank you, Minh Le, Software Engineer Mercury Interactive Corp.

• What to do with Nokia6500c?

Hey I just bought a brand new Nokia6500classic off ebay, after 3 days of using it I found it has a very short battery life and it doesnt even charge properly, it shows that its charging when I plug it in but then when I unplugged it it'll show it has