Error 2010 with updated drive on T43

Dear Community,
     I have just got hold of a Samsung HM160HC drive to upgrade the 40Gb drive that came as standard with my Thinkpad T43 (to breathe a little more lifespan into the fellow). On fitting the drive I receive the Error 2010 at POST.
     Now I've seen quite quickly on looking this up throughout the web that this is a common problem for people updating their drives and only certain hard disks will get through an updated v1.29 BIOS without flagging this error - but most comments on this are aged now. Therefore, may I ask whether anyone has managed to get (what I now realise is) a non-standard drive, particularly the HM160HC, to work without giving this error and if so, how I could go about it? And if I do, what might the consequences be from a data integrity perspective (not understanding whether this error is something I need to be concerned about)?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Simon

Welcome to the forum!
There are no workaround for this error, especially not for newer drives like your Samsung.
With latest BIOS, the machine will give a a warning but continue booting normally if you set it in such a manner.
Minor annoyance is ALL that this error on boot is.
Enjoy that T43.
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• Error Message with CD drive in itunes

I get the following error message: itunes was not properly installed.  if you wish to import or burn cds you need to reinstall itunes. 
    I have reinstalled multiple times and I know the drivers for my cd are fine as well.
    I have Windows Vista 32 bit so it's not the same problem that people running 64 bit have. 
    I have used itunes on this computer for several years and have only recently run into this problem.  I think itunes just can't find my cd driver and I can't find a way to force it to locate it.

I get the same error message (also using the german version of 6.0.1) whenever I change any option of Itunes. All changes I make are not affected, only setting itunes to the standard program for playpack audio files does not work. The Check box is checked when returnin to the options menu after I get the error message, but when resarting itunes, it askes again wheather to be used as the standard player or not and the checkbox in the options is unchecked again.
    Uninstalling and Installing with the "fixing" option did not serve the problem.
    Wonder if someone knows this issue...
    Dell Dimension 8300   Windows XP   German Version

• I got an error message with updating my iTunes and now its saying I need to re-install iTunes. How do I do that

When I was prompted there was an update on iTunes I did as usual and began installing the update. Something happened during that time and I got an error saying it didn't download correctly. Now when I go to open iTunes it gives me an error message and says I need to re-install the program.  I'm not sure how to do that.  I am also concerned that I will lose all of the things that I have backed up from my phones, purchases, apps, etc.  Can anyone please give me some insight on what to do?
    Thanks

See... Unable to install or open > http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376
    Also See this User Tip by turingtest2
    https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6562
    littlered1382 wrote:
      I am also concerned that I will lose all of the things that I have backed up from my phones, purchases, apps, etc.
    It has always been Prudent to Create and Maintain a Backup of anything you would not like to lose.

• Error 6 with updating Ipad mini

Hello,
    How can I fix error 6??
    I tried update my ipad mini by wifi but this update failed. Now Ipad is in dfu mode and during updating device in itunes it just cant do it because of error 6.
    Ive turned off my firewall,  Re-installed itunes, restarted computer a few times. Nothing helps.
    Have anyone had some idea for it?

Keep trying or maybe try again later.  There are millions of people who are currently trying to do the same thing you're doing.  Just be patient and you will be able to update

• ERROR MESSEGE WITH UPDATER

I'M RUNNING WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE AND I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL UPDATER WHICH ERROR MESSEGE 2738-VB SCRIPT RUNTIME FOR CUSTOM ACTION.
    IS THERE A SOLUTION? PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

On the link http://europe.nokia.com/A4577225 you can find the below info about Vista at the moment:
    Microsoft Vista support temporarily removed - 8 May 2008
    Support for Microsoft Vista has temporarily been removed from the Nokia Software Updater. This is due to recent changes in certain Microsoft Vista configurations that cause the Nokia Software Updater to become unstable. Other Microsoft Operating Systems are not affected. Support will be reintroduced as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Looks like this is why you can't do anything....

• DML Error logging for Update statement

Hello,
    I am facing a problem with regard to DML Error logging with Update statement .
    oracle : 10.2
    I am executing following DML update:
    BEGIN
    UPDATE
    table_1  a
    SET a.Exp_DATE =a.EFF_DATE
    WHERE  a.col_a1 != (SELECT b.colb1
                         FROM table_2  b
                         WHERE  a.msisdn =b.msisdn )
    LOG ERRORS INTO table_1_ERR REJECT LIMIT UNLIMITED;                        
    END ;    I was expecting that "ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row" would be captured in LOG error table "table_1_err"
    but instead I got run time error and whole dml was rolled back.
    Please let me know whether this exception is not captured by DML error logging.
    Thanks,
    Abhishek

*Oracle logs the following errors during DML operations:** Column values that are too large.
    * Constraint violations (NOT NULL, unique, referential, and check constraints).
    * Errors raised during trigger execution.
    * Errors resulting from type conversion between a column in a subquery and the corresponding column of the table.
    * Partition mapping errors.
    >
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14223/transform.htm#sthref777

• 805a01f4 error with updating nokia drive

Hello, I have bought a new windows 8 phone from Nokia. Every feature which is default with the phone is great and I have no issues with any of them. But when am trying to open the Windows Store to update Nokia drive, am getting the error code with the message "Error Code : 805a01f4 The Store is not available at the moment please try again." I tried to open it many times but all the time I get the same message. I havn't had any problems with every other application update, only with Nokia drive.
    If the microsoft has provided any fix in advance for this error, please let me know about it completely. Thank you.

That's nor the issue neither the point: It's just the Drive+-app which is causing trouble to update; the other Apps & the store in general are working just fine.
    The point is that Nokia is making big fame on their website by stating that the Drive+-app is a major improvement over other smartphones as they off a complete SatNav-solution for free.
    Customers like me who have fallen for this, are being cheated, because in the end the App doesn't deliver & can't be updated.
    The errorcode doesn't seem to have anything to do with the store, just with the availability of the update. Strange however that we are been presented with the same 'general' error.
    Patience? When I just bought a brandnew car, I guess it won't be considered normal to return to the dealer with complains about the functionality of the steering wheel, & just get the answer: "Yeah, we know, have some patience, we will fix it in the near future. Perhaps...".

• I am unable to burn any info-photo ect on to a disk. I have a 27" I mac mid 2010 version. I put in a disk, hit burn, it runs for about 3 mins and ejects the disk sayiny there was an error with the drive and will not restart.

am unable to burn any info-photo ect on to a disk. I have a 27" I mac mid 2010 version. I put in a disk, hit burn, it runs for about 3 mins and ejects the disk sayiny there was an error with the drive and will not restart.

The optical drive has probably failed. It's a fairly common thing with these slim SuperDrives. Does it read any discs you put into it? You can try resetting the SMC and pram but I'll be surprised if it helps.
    To reset the SMC
    Shut down the computer.
    Unplug the computer's power cord.
    Wait fifteen seconds.
    Attach the computer's power cord.
    Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on
    Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
    Shut down the computer.
    Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
    Turn on the computer.
    Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
    Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
    Release the keys.

• T43p hard drive replacement, flash and error 2010

I just replaced the hard drive on my 2668-92U with a Seagate that was on the "approved" list of the Lenovo drive flash utility (fwhd50.iso).  I flashed this hard drive with this utility (it said successfully).  I'm still getting error 2010 on boot.  I've set bios to auto continue booting but the beeps are annoying.  Any suggestions?
    Modderator Note: Please don't duplicate posts. Duplicate moved.
    Message Edited by andyP on 03-24-2008 09:30 PM

I recently replaced the original Fujitsu 30GB, 4200 RPM hard drive in my T40 with a Western Digital 160GB, 5400 RPM, Parallel ATA unit that I picked up at Fry's.  I did this because I am hoping that this laptop --- the best one I have ever had --- will last me until I can replace it with a brand new model that has both an Intel Nehalem microprocessor and the W7 operating system. My guess is that I still have about a 14 month wait before this will become possible.  Therefore, it made sense to replace the hard drive.  I just don't want to take the interim step to Windows Vista unless this unit drops dead and it becomes absolutely necessary.  My guess is that I am not unique in this thinking.
    A couple of months ago, I caught it on sale for $59.99.  Knock on wood, it has been running like a charm.  In fact, although it may only be my imagination, there seemed to be an improvement in the speed of operation when I made the change.  I am pleased with the update.
    I see that this hard drive is now $79.99.  But that's still plenty of bang for your buck.  Here is the link.
    http://shop4.frys.com/product/5528390?site=srEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG 
    Let's be blunt, if you really need more primary hard drive than 160MB, then it is probably time to replace your T43 altogether.
    Message Edited by Stu-be on 01-04-2009 04:07 PM
    T41 2373-7FU
    Windows XP Pro, 1.6GHz Pentium M, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD

• Incompatible display driver.  projects don't open error, it says Update your display driver.

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 10 . on Windows 7.  Please help with this error problem with My display driver   details:  ATI Technologies Inc.  AMD Radeon HD 6530D 3.0.10834  Compatibility Profile Context.  I updated the driver and still will not open.
    Adobe Premiere Elements 10  has been working now for over a year with no problems. What happened?  How do I fix this?

joni sea
    The BadDrivers.txt deletion is the next step.
    The directions specific to your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit are
    Local Disk C
    Program Data
    Adobe
    Premiere Elements
    and in the 10.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.
    Then, once you open a project, a new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated by the program, but now the problem should be gone.
    We will be watching for your result.
    Thanks.
    ATR

• Y510p and problem with Update Nvidia Driver

Hi everyonei have problem with updating my y510p lenovo laptop nvidia driver ,my current nvidia driver version is 327.62 which i download from lenovo website,Now for better performance in new games like gta v and witcher3 ,i decide to updating nvidia driver,first remove my nvidia graphic driver from add or remove then download nvidia ver 350 from nvidia official web site , which nvidia website confirm it support my graphic card which is Gt755m , then i install new ver and during install i check clean install , after successful install , restart laptop , then there was problem . when i try to open nvidia control panel it wont running and an error showed up and said "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU" .i try to open a game , game running in really low fps and i find out game run on hd graphic of my laptop and my nvidia graphic wont run .The only way to repair was i install my last nvidia driver 327.62 and run a system restore .guys what is your suggestion and how i can update my y510p nvidia driver ?Thanks   

Hi Y510Man,
         The video graphics installation order is important. You need to install the Intel Graphics first, and then do the Nvidia. IIRC you should un-install the Nvidia driver, then re-install (or upgrade) the Intel HD Graphics driver. Reboot, and install the new Nvidia driver.
         I don't know why, but every time I upgraded my Y470 Nvidia driver, I had to use this procedure. First install, or re-install, the Intel driver, then install the Nvidia. You can't just upgrade the Nvidia driver without a re-install of the Intel. I think it has to do with the Optimus setting, and the automatic switching.
        Let us know how it goes.
    Cheers
    DragonRider

• T43 1875 upper memory ERROR after firmware update

Hi, I got new HD hts541612j9at00 and run a bootable CD with the latest firmware update file to correct the Error 2010. However, after rebooting the system I am getting the following message (and the system freezes):
    Starting Caldera DR-DOS
    ...(Copyright  bla..bla ...bla) 
    EMM386: Cannot find an unused 64 kb range reserve of upper memory to use for an EMS page frame.
    Any thoughts how to solve this problem with the upper memory ?

I'm haveing exactly the same problem with my Thinkpad.
    Nobody around with any thoughts?

• ERROR: Update driver data failed (Cannot install any apps)

Error Code Summary
    Exit Code: 7
    Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)
    ERROR: Updating driver data failed. Driver entry was notadded. ARP estimated size 0KB
    Every time I try to install any form of apps this error pops up.
    I’ve un-installed my entire suite due to the fact the desktop application wouldn’t let me update anything, as it claimed nothing was installed. Even when everything was installed.
    So, at this point. I’m just sitting here, paying for something I can’t use, with a client waiting for the final product.
    I’d appreciate any help I could get.
    Thanks.
    P.S. Yes, I restarted my system multiple times, used the Creative Cloud cleaner application to clean things up, and every one of the basic troubleshoot methods.

Code 6 & Code 7 http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/errors-exit-code-6-exit.html

• Error 77 with ThinkVantage System Update

I haven't been able to use TV System Update on my T43 for sometime now.  After downloading ca. 20% (but it varies) of package information, it halts with "Error 77 received from the Package Index Server.  Please contact the Support Center."
    I have manually downloaded and installed  version 313-2008-3-13.  As part of installation, it looked like it uninstalled the previous version and removed the settings.  Despite this, I still get the same error.

I have same issue. I bought a T60P with XP pro a year ago. I have since installed Vista Business and also a virtual pc with XP pro and with Vista as host. I have XP pro (virtual) setup on my home network. I am wireless (with printer wireless) and all works well. I am running NOD32 and Outpost Firewall Pro on virtual (2007). When I installed ThinkVantage System Update all went well till I got same message as you did. ThinkVantage System Update works ok with host, which is Vista, but not on virtual.

• BizTalk Server 2010 Cumulative Update 6 - Compatibility with BTAHL7?

We recently installed BizTalk Server 2010 CU 6 in a development environment for testing. After the installation, the error below was generated when an HL7 message was submitted through an MLLP adapter to a request response receive location
    with the BTAHL7ReceivePipeline receive pipeline and BTAHL7SendPipeline send pipeline. These pipelines are supplied in the BTAHL7 and have not been customized. We applied the udpate in an environment with our current state BizTalk Server
    2010 CU5 and Biztalk Adapter Pack 2010 CU2 and in one with BizTalk Server 2010 CU5, Biztalk Adapter Pack 2010 CU3 and BTAHL7 Accelerator hot fixes 2564013, 2607536,2702143,2713884,2732905,2758524. In both cases, the same error was encountered. Has anyone else
    experienced this issue?
    "A pipeline component in the receive pipeline:"<pipeline info - version, culture and public key token>" is using the message context properties "BTS.MessageDestination" or "BTS.SuspendMessageOnRoutingFailure" in a
    unsupported fashion. The pipeline processing is being terminated."

Hi rpara,
    We can use BizTalk Server 2010 Cumulative Update 6 with HL7.
    This cumulative update package for Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 contains hotfixes for the BizTalk Server 2010 issues that were resolved after the release of BizTalk Server 2010.
    For this issue, it's recommended to uninstall Update 6 first, and reinstall it again, and check whether it has same issue.
    Cumulative update package 6 for BizTalk Server 2010
    Service Pack and Cumulative Update list for BizTalk Server 
    Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.
    Best regards,
    Angie
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click
    HERE to participate the survey.

Maybe you are looking for

• I have a ipod video and windows vista. computer locks up

I have computer that is running windows vista 32-bit. Everytime I use itunes I keep getting error messages and I will get the blue screen and the computer restarts. I have updated to itunes 7.3 and my ipod has software version 1.2.1 on it. Any help?

• Smart Mailbox rules broken in 10.9

Ever since installing Mavericks, one of my Smart mailbox which shows emails in the last week with a Rule: Date received, is this week shows an empty mailbox. Is this a known bug?  There's lots of discussion around the GMail bugs, but this is a differ

• (Flex SDK 4.6 TextArea bug) How to disable s:TextArea mouse input

I need a TextArea with no mouse input but when i set mouseChildren="false" and mouseEnabled="false" it receives mouse input anyway. I want that mouse clicks pass through TextArea. I did a test using SDK 4.5 and it works as expected, but in SDK 4.6 no

• Migrating a large table containing clobs to a new dedicated tablespace.

Hi All I am seeking some advice on something. I have a Oracle 10g live database with a table used for auditing purposes, this table has 5.8 million rows and contains clob data. When I last performed a full export of this table using data pump the dum

• COPA reports - how to improve performance

Hi all, in our system KE30 reports are running more then 1 hour and the performance is getting worse and worse with the increasing of the database. What are the possibilities to improve it? Do you have similar problems? Is it normal that one report i