Ethernet connector problem with T60

Hi, we have a ThinkPad T60 (2007-72U) and it got a problem with the onboard ethernet jack. The card is working perfectly when connected through the dock, so the problem is specific to the onboard jack. Is there a way to replace only that part or the whole motherboard have to be replaced? According to the system service parts page I've found it seems to be the later option, but I wan't to make sure I'm not missing something. Also, can someone point me where I could find on-site support for this type of problem in Quebec, Canada.
Thanks

I could fix no on board ethernet problem - needs SMD desoldering/soldering skills.
PROBLEM::
1. wireless network ok.
2. docking station wired ethernet ok.
3. on board ethernet - not listed in devices -- bios setup - hide - boot - enable - boot - now shown in device list
    now onboard ethernet - tx packets ok,  rx packets 0.
the problem was shorted ESD protection diode array near the on board ethernet jack.
part number (for T60P laptop) CDSOT23-SRV05-4CT-ND at digikey.com
SOLUTION:
removed the 6 legged ESD/TVS diode array (CDSOT23-SRV05-4CT-ND) from motherboard - rx packets ok - ethernet ok now.
replced it for continued protection from ESD.
hope this helps -- I fixed one more laptop - T60 - same issue - so I think its a common problem

Similar Messages

• Problem with T60 and USB Sticks

All -
    I can't understand it but I have a huge problem with USB devices and my T60.
    EVERY USB device works 100% fine - despite of USB memory/HDD/other memory devices.
    Neither USB HDD or USB Sticks nor a SD drive via USB - no media is accecpted.
    I always get back: "Media not formatted".
    If I do format everthing works - but only with this notebook.
    So I am not able to share data with other computer - or not able to get my pics from my cam... 
    Please can you help?
    Thank you very much in advance,
    iBigfoot 
    Message Edited by ibigfoot2008 on 09-05-2008 10:04 AM
    Message Edited by ibigfoot2008 on 09-05-2008 10:05 AM
    Message Edited by ibigfoot2008 on 09-05-2008 10:05 AM

I hate to say it, but I agree with carbon_unit, this sounds like a Windows problem.
    As a long shot you could try uninstalling all USB hubs in Device Manager, re-install the Chipset Drivers and restart the sytem to allow the USB hubs automatically installed again. I doubt this will help, but it's all I could think of.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Connector problem with access enforcer

Hi Guys,
    I am facing a really strange problem with my connectors.
    We have a test installation of GRC which was down for about 3 months.
    During this time we migrated our central SLD to another system so I needed to change the connection after getting the system up again.
    Anyhow I still can't modify, test or even create a new connector for access enforcer.
    The only error I get is "Action failed".
    I tried to analyze the logs but found no help there too.
    2007-06-18 20:41:56,833 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_4] ERROR java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.virsa.ae.dao.sqlj.SAPConnectorDAO.iterToDTO(SAPConnectorDAO.sqlj:75)
         at com.virsa.ae.dao.sqlj.SAPConnectorDAO.findByConnectorName(SAPConnectorDAO.sqlj:15)
         at com.virsa.ae.configuration.bo.ConnectorsBO.findSAPConnectorDetails(ConnectorsBO.java:76)
         at com.virsa.ae.configuration.actions.ManageConnectorsAction.testConnection(ManageConnectorsAction.java:163)
         at com.virsa.ae.configuration.actions.ManageConnectorsAction.execute(ManageConnectorsAction.java:66)
         at com.virsa.ae.commons.utils.framework.NavigationEngine.execute(NavigationEngine.java:229)
         at com.virsa.ae.commons.utils.framework.servlet.AEFrameworkServlet.service(AEFrameworkServlet.java:412)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
         at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)
         at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)
         at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)
         at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)
         at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)
         at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)
         at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)
         at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)
         at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java(Compiled Code))
         at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java(Compiled Code))
         at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java(Compiled Code))
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))
         at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))
         at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))
    Did anybody here face a problem like that?
    Kind regards,
    Bastian
    Message was edited by:
            Bastian Schneider
    Message was edited by:
            Bastian Schneider

I had a simular problem with CC and I had to contact SAP. They gave me a script to run against the database that remove the connector. The problem seemed somewhat common for CC 5.1. Not sure if this applies to AE.

• [Solved]Touchpad problems with T60

The three buttons above my touch pad stopped working some time back(I think After an xorg upgrade) .
    I thought it be a issue with new xorg and waited for next xorg update and found that the problem is still there after multiple upgrades,  it never worked. And I am using the buttons below the touch pad.
    Today I found that the joystick also is not working.
    Is anybody else facing this probelm?
    Can somebdy who is not seeing this issue please post your xorg.xonf , I will try that on my T60?
    Including sections from my xorg.conf
    Section "ServerLayout"
    # PS/2 Mouse not detected
    # Serial Mouse not detected
    Identifier "Xorg Configured"
    Screen 0 "aticonfig-Screen[0]" 0 0
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    #InputDevice "Synaptics Touchpad" "SendCoreEvents"
    #InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "USB Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
    InputDevice "Synaptics Touchpad" "SendCoreEvents"
    Option "AIGLX" "true"
    EndSection
    Section "Module"
    Load "ddc" # ddc probing of monitor
    Load "dbe"
    Load "dri"
    Load "extmod"
    Load "glx"
    Load "bitmap" # bitmap-fonts
    Load "type1"
    Load "freetype"
    Load "record"
    Load "synaptics"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "CoreKeyboard"
    Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Serial Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "Microsoft"
    Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "auto"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "USB Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Buttons" "5"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
    Option "RightEdge" "5300"
    Option "TopEdge" "1700"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    # Option "Repeater" "/dev/ps2mouse"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    EndSection
    Last edited by srimalik (2008-03-04 04:33:53)

The major xorg upgrade a while back changed some of the syntax. I have a T60 that's working fine now with
    InputDevice "Touchpad" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Mouse0" "SendCoreEvents"
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse0"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "auto"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
    Option "RightEdge" "5300"
    Option "TopEdge" "1700"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    EndSection
    I don't use a joystick, but this does work for an external mouse anyway

• Business Connector problem with SSL and Web Services

Hi,
    I have generated a Web Connector Service and tested this in our DEV and QA environment with http and no credentials.
    All is fine.
    I now switched to SSL and was provided with an https WSDL by our Web Server developers. The Web Connector service generates fine however as soon as I execute the service I get a NumberFormatException. Exact error is:
    java.io.IOException:java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
    The error occurs in pub.client:http
    I traced through the working (in QA) and non-workinfg versions and checked the pipeline prior to the call and can see no different apart from the difference in protocol.
    Does anyone have any idea what the cause is? I cannot determine what value is null.
    Thanks
    Brian

Hi,
    I have generated a Web Connector Service and tested this in our DEV and QA environment with http and no credentials.
    All is fine.
    I now switched to SSL and was provided with an https WSDL by our Web Server developers. The Web Connector service generates fine however as soon as I execute the service I get a NumberFormatException. Exact error is:
    java.io.IOException:java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
    The error occurs in pub.client:http
    I traced through the working (in QA) and non-workinfg versions and checked the pipeline prior to the call and can see no different apart from the difference in protocol.
    Does anyone have any idea what the cause is? I cannot determine what value is null.
    Thanks
    Brian

• UWL connector: problems with calling a web service with a SAPLOGONTICKET

Hi,
    I want to implement a uwl connector that calls a web service to retrieve the uwl items data with a SAPLOGONTICKET. If I refresh the UWL I get the following error.
    An error occured while reading data from the destination sap.com/com.xxxx.connector.RequestLeaveDP/com.xxxx.connector.RequestLeave/Config1Port_Document. The error was: com.sap.security.core.client.ws.SSO2Exception No SAP Logon Ticket was found for the user. Please ensure the user authenticated using HTTP/HTTPS and the JAAS login stack has been configured correctly. As an alternative, consider changing the authentication type to Assertion Ticket. .
    If I call  the Web Service in an iView I don't get this error. Maybe the UWL calls the web service not with the current authenticated user.
    I tried the following code, to get the current SSO2 Ticket from the current user. It looks like, that is the current user, but the web service will not accept this. (testing purpose)
    com.sap.security.api.IUser currentUser = com.sap.security.api.UMFactory.getAuthenticator().getLoggedInUser();
    String logonTicketUwlUser = (String) context.getUser().getTransientAttribute("com.sap.security.core.usermanagement", "MYSAPSSO2_STRING");
    String logonTicketCurrentUser = (String) currentUser.getTransientAttribute("com.sap.security.core.usermanagement", "MYSAPSSO2_STRING");
    InitialContext contextWebService = new InitialContext();
    RequestLeaveWebService requestLeaveWebService = (RequestLeaveWebService) contextWebService.lookup(wsClient);
    RequestLeaveWebServiceViDocument webServiceEndPoint = requestLeaveWebService.getLogicalPort("Config1Port_Document");
    UWLHolidayItem holidayItem = webServiceEndPoint.getHolidayItem("");
    Any ideas?
    Regards
    Markus
    Edited by: Markus Karsch on Oct 18, 2008 11:15 PM

Are you calling invoke()?
    Do you have the port type in the servlet context?

• Outlook connector problem with Calendar server

Hi
    I wanted to use MS outlook as the email client for my sun messaging sytem. For this I have downloaded one program, when I run it , it has created a configurable program folder. Through admin program, I have created one file named xyz.ini , in which I have specified all my sun messaging server, directory server, calendar server. And in User Profiles tab I have chosen that 'create new profile'.
    But when I run the exe file xyz.exe, it is trying to install Outlook connector for MS Outlook , but giving the following error.
    10:58:30 [5365] Outlook version is 11.0.5608.0.
    10:58:30 [5376] Adding MAPI directory 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033' to PATH.
    10:58:30 [5475] TMP directory is 'C:\DOCUME~1\32980\LOCALS~1\Temp'.
    10:58:32 [5362] Checking Windows version.
    10:58:32 [5363] Windows version is 5.0.
    10:58:32 [5364] Checking Outlook version.
    10:58:32 [5509] Checking default mail client.
    10:58:32 [5508] Default mail client is 'Microsoft Outlook'.
    10:58:32 [5178] Verifying that Outlook is not running.
    10:58:32 [5179] Trying to login to shared session.
    10:58:32 [5369] Installing Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers using 'C:\DOCUME~1\32980\LOCALS~1\Temp\Sun Outlook Connector\sunone-mapi-services.msi'.
    10:58:36 [5502] Upgrading the Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers.
    10:59:20 [5370] Finished installing Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers.
    10:59:20 [5366] Checking whether Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers are installed.
    10:59:21 [5367] Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers are installed.
    10:59:21 [5416] Checking whether Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider is installed.
    10:59:21 [5417] Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider is installed.
    10:59:21 [5142] ######## Enumerating profiles.
    10:59:21 [5145] Examining profile '32980'.
    10:59:21 [5149] Profile '32980' has no MSEMS service.
    10:59:21 [5145] Examining profile 'Outlook'.
    10:59:21 [5146] It is the default profile.
    10:59:21 [5149] Profile 'Outlook' has no MSEMS service.
    10:59:21 [5156] ######## Selected profile 'Sun Java System': exists=0, converted=0, pstsConverted=0.
    10:59:22 [12016] Verifying password for Sun Java System calendar account '10.16.58.49:8082:32980'.
    10:59:23 ERROR: [12019] Cannot validate Sun Java System calendar account information.
    10:59:23 OpenMsgStore:
    10:59:23 Error 0x802C1034
    10:59:23 Error: ?????????????????????????????????4??????????????????????????????????????????
    10:59:23 Component: ???????????????????4???kA�l
    10:59:23 Low level error: 0x00001034
    10:59:43 [12016] Verifying password for Sun Java System calendar account '10.16.58.49:8082:32980'.
    10:59:44 ERROR: [12019] Cannot validate Sun Java System calendar account information.
    10:59:44 OpenMsgStore:
    10:59:44 Error 0x802C1034
    10:59:44 Error: ?????????????????????????????????4??????????????????????????????????????????
    10:59:44 Component: ???????????????????4???kA�l
    10:59:44 Low level error: 0x00001034
    10:59:46 ERROR: Unable to verify new account information on server 10.16.58.49:8082.
    Please suggest me in this issue. I am using Messaging server 6.3, basically installed from Sun Communicate Suite 5 sparc.
    My calendar server is running on port 8082
    prasad

Refer to cross-post http://forum.java.sun.com/post!reply.jspa?messageID=9964809

• Problem with lenovo t60 and the vga output

I have a problem with the vga output and the lenovo t60
    When i put the videoprojector connector in to the lenovo t 60, the projector reponde is:
    Not supported
    H: 48.20khz   v: 143,10 hz
     On my desktop pc the projector function on 1024x768 resolution and the 60 hz to refresh.
    The same configurations are on my laptop and the projector doesn't function
    Please help me.

I too have this problem. My T61 worked fine for about a year, and then suddenly would no longer project. I had made no changes to the settings for the external display, though since the problem started I've tried many combinations without success. Typically the projector reports that the frequency settings the laptop is sending are unsupported. In my case the vertical rate is usually correct (60 Hz) but the horizontal rate varies wildly.
    I suspect a hardware problem, as this post suggests: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/av-multimedia-relate​d/32128-laptop-wont-display-projector.html. (Note the message claiming that 6 out of 40 Lenovo laptops exhibited this problem.)
    Since my system is still under warranty I guess I'll have to get it repaired, but I'd rather hear of a software fix...

• Problems with Epson Stylus 3000 IP Ethernet

Problems with Epson Stylus 3000 IP Ethernet
    The printer stops processing after reaching 1,72% of printing.
    The Ethernet Cards led is on and blinking green.
    I am running
    Powerbook G4
    OSX 10.4.5
    Epson Stylus Color 3000 + Cups Gimp Print v4.2.7
    I can se the printer in Epson MacAssist for OSX Ver 4.0.aE IP 10.0.0.6
    I can se it as well in Safari under the ip adress 10.0.0.6
    I have tried to test the printer in the Common Unix Printing System
    I can see the printer there as well.
    A test print here results in
    "ipp" stopped unexpectedly with status 1
    All my other printers work well and prints test sheets.
    The printer has not worked since Tiger.

Can you please help me....
    I can't seem to get the Print Set up utility to find the Epson Stylus 3000 Gimp.
    I installed the GimpPrint Drivers that were on the Tiger 10.4.3 install DVD after I installed 10.4.3, and then updated 10.4.3 to 10.4.5.
    When I first installed 10.4.3, I didn't install the GimpPrint Drivers. I went back to the DVD after updating to 10.4.5, and then installed the GimpPrint Drivers.
    Can you please help me out in what I'm doing wrong. Everytime I try to find the Epson Drivers an "error:-50" comes up in the Printer Browser under IP Printer section.
    Here's what I'm doing:
    - I go into Printer Setup Utility
    - I choose Add Printer
    - I choose IP Printer
    - I choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD
    - I pop up the "Print using" and select the "EPSON".
    - Then I choose "EPSON Stylus Color 3000 - Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2
    - THEN I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE POP-UP! "An error occurrd while trying to add the selected printer. Error:-50"
    Where did you find the:
    Epson Stylus Color 3000 + Cups Gimp Print v4.2.7
    Thank you for you help in advance!
    Micdim
    G4 Dual 1.42 gig   Mac OS X (10.4.5)   1G Ram, FCStudio, Logic Pro 7.1, Adobe CS2, After Effects 7, MSOffice 2004...

• Problem with connector for ABAP Webdynpro

Hello,
    I have a problem with a new Business Package :
    Portal Runtime Error
    An exception occurred while processing a request for :
    iView : pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/specialist/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.instructor/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.instructor/overview/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.work_overview/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.work_overview/com.sap.pct.erp.instructor.instructor_worklist
    Component Name : com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynpro
    I think the problem is coming that I have no customized the connector with good values. Do you know a good blog or document to create a system alias dedicated to abap wedynpro or its bsp ?
    Regards,

Yes, the UserId is the same in the portal and the BackEnd.
    Previously we used the ITS for our ESS and now we are using the Portal, so all have an UserId and all personal have the same Id as before.
    The first month it worked fine but when the password went out, in Back End, after 30 days, the question for login information appeared.
    Regards
    Ingvar

• HT1476 my iPhone 4 will no longer charge. It is also not recognised in iTunes. There seems to be a problem with the connector slot. I've tried other cables and other computers/plugs but the connection is not being made. Any suggestions?

my iPhone 4 will no longer charge. It is also not recognised in iTunes. There seems to be a problem with the connector slot. I've tried other cables and other computers/plugs but the connection is not being made. Any suggestions?
    It seems to me that the connection port is faulty.
    George

Looks like a Visit to an Apple Store or AASP (Authorized Apple Service Provider) is the Next Step...
    Be sure to make an appointment first...

• Problem with sun outlook connector,  Microsoft LDAP services

Dear All
    I have big problem with sun outlook connector and I can find any way to fix the problem,
    I am using sun java system connector deployment to create installation script for my clients.
    in the tool I have specify the location of Microsoft LDAP services, I am using outlook 2003 and sun say this option is not needed for outlook 2003, if I try to create the script and run the script on target client I will receive below error,
    I tried the office CD-ROM as path for LDAP services but the outlook connector says there is no LDAP services on the CD and I receive same error,
    19:02:29 [5365] Outlook version is 11.0.5608.0.
    19:02:29 [5376] Adding MAPI directory 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033' to PATH.
    19:02:29 [5475] TMP directory is 'C:\DOCUME~1\MMESKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp'.
    19:02:31 [5362] Checking Windows version.
    19:02:31 [5363] Windows version is 5.1.
    19:02:31 [5364] Checking Outlook version.
    19:02:31 [5509] Checking default mail client.
    19:02:31 [5508] Default mail client is 'Microsoft Outlook'.
    19:02:31 [5178] Verifying that Outlook is not running.
    19:02:31 [5179] Trying to login to shared session.
    19:02:31 [5369] Installing Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers using 'C:\DOCUME~1\MMESKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Sun Outlook Connector\sunone-mapi-services.msi'.
    19:02:32 [5502] Upgrading the Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers.
    19:02:40 [5370] Finished installing Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers.
    19:02:40 [5366] Checking whether Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers are installed.
    19:02:40 [5367] Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers are installed.
    19:02:40 [5416] Checking whether Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider is installed.
    19:02:40 [5418] The Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider is not installed:
    19:02:40 File 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033\EMABLT32.DLL' does not exist.
    19:02:40 [5416] Checking whether Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider is installed.
    19:02:40 [5418] The Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider is not installed:
    19:02:40 File 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033\EMABLT32.DLL' does not exist.
    19:02:41 ERROR: Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider must first be installed.
    Best regards
    Mo

This is likely to depend on the version of the OC you have. The released one isn't supposed to work with Outlook 2003. Please contact Tech Support for the latest version and help.

• Problem with Sun Outlook connector Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Pr

Dear All
    I have big problem with sun outlook connector and I can find any way to fix the problem,
    I am using sun java system connector deployment to create installation script for my clients.
    in the tool I have specify the location of Microsoft LDAP services, I am using outlook 2003 and sun say this option is not needed for outlook 2003, if I try to create the script and run the script on target client I will receive below error,
    I tried the office CD-ROM as path for LDAP services but the outlook connector says there is no LDAP services on the CD and I receive same error,
    19:02:29 [5365] Outlook version is 11.0.5608.0.
    19:02:29 [5376] Adding MAPI directory 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033' to PATH.
    19:02:29 [5475] TMP directory is 'C:\DOCUME~1\MMESKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp'.
    19:02:31 [5362] Checking Windows version.
    19:02:31 [5363] Windows version is 5.1.
    19:02:31 [5364] Checking Outlook version.
    19:02:31 [5509] Checking default mail client.
    19:02:31 [5508] Default mail client is 'Microsoft Outlook'.
    19:02:31 [5178] Verifying that Outlook is not running.
    19:02:31 [5179] Trying to login to shared session.
    19:02:31 [5369] Installing Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers using 'C:\DOCUME~1\MMESKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Sun Outlook Connector\sunone-mapi-services.msi'.
    19:02:32 [5502] Upgrading the Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers.
    19:02:40 [5370] Finished installing Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers.
    19:02:40 [5366] Checking whether Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers are installed.
    19:02:40 [5367] Sun Java System MAPI Service Providers are installed.
    19:02:41 ERROR: Microsoft LDAP Directory MAPI Service Provider must first be installed.
    Best regards
    Mo

Hi,
    Have a look at:
    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9320116
    Directions on the installation/configuration and requirements of the outlook connector (for 2005Q4 since you haven't told us what version of the comm suite you are using) are available at docs.sun.com e.g.
    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/prod/2783#hic
    Outlook connector requires that you have UWC (a.k.a communication express) installed and configured, which has it's own requirements. UWC provides the single web-interface to mail & calendar & address-book. Outlook uses the address-book functionality via UWC, IMAP and SMTP for messaging/email, plus WCAP for calendar.
    Regards,
    Shane.

• Problems with Ethernet controller and PCI device driver on Satellite L30-10X

Hellow!
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Russia.
    Just few days ago I bought Satellite L30-10X with W Vista on board. My opinion, that this OS does't very good on this computer, so I install W XP.
    I have some problems with drivers. At first, I dont know what model I have:PSL30 or PSL33? I download all drivers for both models. But, after installation, computer doen't find drivers for Ethernet controller and PCI device...

Hi
    Satellite L30-10X belongs to the PSL33E series. This number can be found on the label placed on the bottom of the unit!
    You have to choose this number from the driver download form to get the compatible XP drivers.
    I dont know why you are not able to install the LAN driver. Ive got the same notebook with Vista and Ive installed the XP and all drivers run fine.
    I assume you have installed the drivers in wrong order. Please take the look in the Toshiba installation instruction txt file. In this order you have to install the driver! Its important.
    I think you should install the XP again to ensure the clean registry and then download and install the compatible XP drivers like mentioned in the installation instruction file.
    Good luck

• Problem with Connector Pins??

Since Wednesday, I've had this issue with either the cable or the connector pins. If the wire is connected to the iPhone and and I push the plug slightly, the phone will cease to charge and sync with the computer until I've stopped touching it.
    If I hold the phone at a certain angle, it again loses connection to the computer. Lose connection enough times and a pop up appears on my laptop saying something like "this device can perform faster on USB 2.0."
    So, is it a problem with the connector pins? I tested out the cables on a different comp in case it was a problem with the USB port and it did the same thing.
    Any opinion and/or help would be grateful.
    Thanks.
    P.S. I'll try to post a video of the problem.

You can utilize any iPod cable. All the way back to iPod Nano's first model or maybe a few iPod classic models earlier than that. As long as the cable is USB 2.0 to iPod, it will work with connect and sync. You can't use FireWire to iPod however. FireWire doesn't have enough juice to sync devices except the first gen iPod era.
    If other iPod cables don't work with your iPhone syncing there may be a problem with the connector pins which you can have an Apple employee inspect or visit an AT&T store for a probable swapout.
    You can also purchase a battery case and utilize them for syncing. This replaces the iPod connector with Micro USB or Mini USB. You would connect your Mac/PC to the Micro/Mini USB and after it recognizes the new method, it'll know your iPhone and sync as well as charge your battery case.

Maybe you are looking for

• Did you know that Gamers Club Unlocked is now only $30?!

Recently, Best Buy reduced the price for a 2-year Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) membership to just $30! If you enjoy instant savings on all new Video Game purchases, or like to receive a bonus when trading in games, GCU is an absolute must-have! Read fu

• Shouldn't there be jcontrol/jlaunch pid's running on an XI system?

Hi Folks - I'm a little rusty on XI (and JAVA stacks in general) and would appreciate some help.  We have a NW740 XI/PI system....it's a dual stack....and so my understanding has always been that XI/PI involves/requires both ABAP stack and a JAVA sta

• Document Description Issue.

Hi All, When I create a document in CV01n and mention some description for that document, the description of the document is stored only in the log in language. e.g. I logged in with EN, then the description of the document will only be stored in EN

• SFTP to NFS, NFS to RFC

My requirement is to get a file from SFTP server & place it in NFS/Al11 (ECC). Once I place the file call an RFC enabled Function module. No mapping is involved. My question is how can I call RFC from PI without mapping. I have verified RFC parameter

• Dynamic ALV Grid Footer

Hi experts, I have a ALV Grid display, for example I selected 2 rows out of 5 from the display ALV, then I have a footer which contains: number of line items selected : v_no_lines. The v_no_lines is the number of rows selected from the display ALV wh