HELP: Checkpointing/Regression Scripts/SIMS Command in OpenSPARC T1???

Hi,
Does anyone know how to insert checkpoints/perform checkpointing in the OpenSPARC T1? I want to perform some error injection simulations and have a check point at a specific time so I can inject errors at the same time each time. Is there a way to do this??
Also, does anyone know where to find some regression scripts or an example of some regression scripts that represent an application?
With the sims command, since it does all of the compiling at the time when running after calling the sims command, is there a way to bypass all of this? Meaning, have it compiled once and then run the simulation many times without having to recompile again? This would save much time!
Please help...this is for a class project!
Thanks,
Stephanie =o)
Edited by: Perfectpixie2004 on May 17, 2009 1:42 PM

It's about 5000 lines long in emacs...the whole log file. So I'll just post the last portion of it only because I don't know how much is needed.
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(xsxs.o)(.text+0x6b4a): In function `bbOqdvr':
: warning: `sys_nerr' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
/cad/synopsys/vcs_mx7.2/gui/virsim/linux/vcdplus/vcs7_2/libvirsim.a(vcspli.o)(.text+0x2ec2a): In function `vs_clStrCmpCI(char *, char *)':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_toupper'
/cad/synopsys/vcs_mx7.2/gui/virsim/linux/vcdplus/vcs7_2/libvirsim.a(vcspli.o)(.text+0x2ec8f): In function `vs_clStrCmpCI(char *, char *)':
/cad/synopsys/vcs_mx7.2/gui/virsim/linux/vcdplus/vcs7_2/libvirsim.a(vcspli.o)(.text+0x2eca8): In function `vs_clStrCmpCI(char *, char *)':
/cad/synopsys/vcs_mx7.2/gui/virsim/linux/vcdplus/vcs7_2/libvirsim.a(vcspli.o)(.text+0x2ed05): In function `vs_clStrToLower(char *)':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_tolower'
/cad/synopsys/vcs_mx7.2/gui/virsim/linux/vcdplus/vcs7_2/libvirsim.a(vcspli.o)(.text+0x2f035): In function `vs_clStrToUpper(char *)':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_sapi.o)(.text+0x36b6): In function `setup_defines':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_sapi.o)(.text+0x372a): In function `setup_defines':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_sapi.o)(.text+0x3750): In function `setup_defines':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_sapi.o)(.text+0xdd91): In function `set_profiling_interval':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_sapi.o)(.text+0xe083): In function `set_profiling_range':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_syscov_old.o)(.text+0x197b): more undefined references to `__ctype_b' follow
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(st.o)(.text+0xd37): In function `vera__st_strhash_case':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string.o)(.text+0x306): In function `vera__string_split':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string.o)(.text+0x32d): In function `vera__string_split':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string.o)(.text+0xa02): In function `vera__string_toupper':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string.o)(.text+0xa27): In function `vera__string_tolower':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_tolower'
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string.o)(.text+0xb95): In function `vera__string_debug':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string.o)(.text+0xc35): In function `vera__string_print':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string_stdio.o)(.text+0xc2): In function `vera__string_vsprintf_concat':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(string_stdio.o)(.text+0x132): In function `vera__string_vsprintf_concat':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(tdebug_win.o)(.text+0xdec): In function `InitExprFmt':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(tdebug_win.o)(.text+0xe31): more undefined references to `__ctype_b' follow
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(util_string.o)(.text+0x199): In function `vera__util_strcmp_case':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(util_string.o)(.text+0x21f): In function `vera__util_strncmp_case':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(util_string.o)(.text+0x3bd): In function `vera__util_str_isint':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(util_string.o)(.text+0x3e1): In function `vera__util_str_isint':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(util_string.o)(.text+0x456): In function `vera__util_str_isreal':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(util_string.o)(.text+0x48c): In function `vera__util_str_isreal':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vera_inp.o)(.text+0x26d): In function `get_tok':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vera_inp.o)(.text+0x290): more undefined references to `__ctype_b' follow
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(vmc_string.o)(.text+0x2ac2): In function `vmc_sys_string_icompare':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(ar.o)(.text+0x878): In function `show_memory_as_text':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(covgVal.o)(.text+0xe86): In function `CovgValFromString':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(mem_block.o)(.text+0xad5): In function `vera__mem_display_block':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(reg.o)(.text+0x2003): In function `s_regexec':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(reg.o)(.text+0x2069): In function `s_regexec':
/cad/synopsys/Vera/vera-6.3.10-linux2.4.7/lib/vlog/libVeraVcs.a(reg.o)(.text+0x214b): more undefined references to `__ctype_b' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [product_timestamp] Error 1
Make exited with status 2
CPU time: 45.358 seconds to compile + .578 seconds to link
sims: Caught a SIGDIE. failed building model at /project2/smwang/OpenSPARCT1_J/tools/src/sims/sims,1.262 line 2019.
Also, is there way to only run 10 of the regressions from thread1_mini? How could I do this? Thank you so much!
Edited by: Perfectpixie2004 on May 20, 2009 5:49 PM

Similar Messages

• Simulation with Sims command

I need some help in using the sims command for compiling and simulating designs.
    eg: i want to simulate a particular file like the lsu.v how to use the sims command to simulate a particular part.
    I tried mini_regression and it works with the given command in the DV guide. However if i just want to simulate the design and run a test on a particular part of the design ( like the DCache). Can any one give the command line.
    I tried the following command given in the sims help
    sims -sys=cmp -vcs_run diag.s
    It fails saying it caught a sigdie can not find cmp in .. sims
    Can someone give the command to run a particular test on a unit without doing a mini or full regression

Hi, As far as i know, We dont have Module/Unit level tests and environment to test
    individual modules in Sparc T1 database. Present environment is at the Sparc T1 core level, which can have Thread1, Core1 and full Chip simulations and verifications.
    --kantha.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

• HELP with Shell scripting!!!

Hello all,
    I'm very new to shell scripting and I'm trying to learn a little more as I go on. I'm trying to write a shell script to create a symbolic link to an application and have it moved to the current user's desktop. I've been doing some testing with the default applications installed on Leopard here is what I have so far...
    ls -s /Applications/Chess.app
    I've trying using cp commands, but I continue to get error messages. The above script does create a symbolic link to my home directory, but I want to then move it from the home directory to the current user's desktop. Can anyone lead me any further?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm also having a problem making my shell script unix executable. I have tried chmod +x path/to/script and then I killall Finder but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
    Are you trying to make your script "Double-Clickable"?
    Then you still need to do the
    chmod +x /path/to/script
    But that will just make it something you can run from a shell.
    If you want double-clickable, you can create an Automator app
    Applications -> Automator -> Run Shell Script
    Or you can download the free Platypus utility that will make any script a double-clickable applications.
    Or you can name your script
    myscript.command
    where the .command is the important part, which the Finder will treat as something it should execute as a shell script when double-clicked.
    And no killing Finder. They will work without messing with the Finder.
    Personally, I prefer the Automator app or Platypus. Well I also work a lot in the shell, and I execute scripts as script in the shell all the time, so I only create a lot more scripts that get executed as commands than I do double-clickable scripts.

• Helpful Linux Bash Scripts for I.T. Admins

I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for helpful / simple Bash scripts that do helpful tasks in regards to Linux system administration? I have never created or used a Bash shell script but know that many of you guys do. I have no programming experience what so ever so decided to ask if you guys do have one or few scripts that are useful in basic administration tasks, could you please post them or at least point someone who is interested in the right direction?
    Thank you so much!

I'm no sysadmin but one were to use command-line a lot i would give ZSH a shot. A nicely configured zsh shell can be unbelievably comfortable and is certainly a great tool.
    As for scripts I always thought of them as little helpers customized for certain situations. For instance easing repetitive tasks, batching some steps and timing/automating little things. For general purpose I'd probably look at available software first.
    Maybe tmux for terminal management, ranger for file management, a tiling window manager for efficiency, ssh and other survaillance/maintenance software? Personally, I'd very much like to hear, too, what software/scripts/.. linux systems admins use to keep the work to a minimum .

• Need help in creating script for "Task Schedule" in Oracle E-Bussiness Suit

Hi,
    I need some urgent help regarding the scripting of Oracle E-Business Suite application. I am new towards working on Oracle Applications. I have been using LoadRunner 11.0 and protocol oracle applications 11i for the scripting of the application. The problem is as follows:
    Scenario- Schedule an incident to a resource.
    1) Log in to the application.
    2) Open Oracle Forms Page.
    3) Enter the details of the incident number.
    4) Right click on the incident number and then select “schedule” option.
    5) Check / Select the resource listed in the new form.
    6) Click on “schedule” Button.
    7) Exit the oracle forms.
    8) Logout from the application.
    I have recorded the scenario but when I try to run the script, it fails after completing the 4th step from the scenario mentioned above. I have done all the required co-relations..
    Another issue that I have noticed in the scipt is that it records a lot of requests to the AppsTCFServer.
    When I check the Tree View of the script, I have found that there are around 25 requests to the AppsTCFServer recorded in the script. In the header of these requests a TCF Start/Session number gets generated randomly. This number stays the same in few AppsTCFServer request headers and then a new number gets generated and the cycle continues.
    However LoadRunner does not generate this number by itself during replay. I cannot find this number in any previous responses.
    In the last few days, I have tried my hands on Oracle Openscript tool to record the above scenario, but still I am getting the same problem, i.e instead of getting the correct response from the server for the AppsTCFServer requests, I am getting the message "X-session 7098.... not found - aborting ".
    I get this message whether I use LoadRunner tool or the OpenScript tool.
    Please help me solve this issue.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Soumya Mukherjee

This isn't much of a "code-sharing" site but a "knowledge-sharing" site.  Code posted me may be from a questioner who has a problem / issue / error with his code.   But we don't generally see people writing entire scripts as responses to such questions as yours.  There may be other sites where you can get coding done "for free".
    What you could do is to write some of the code and test it and, if and when it fails / errors, post it for members to make suggestions.
    But the expectation here is for you to write your own code.
    Hemant K Chitale

• Error to execute the script through command prompt

I tried to execute the script through command prompt. I got some following error. Could you please advice me how to rectify this.
    cscript D:\JS\Test.js
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.
    D:\JS\Test.js(1, 1) Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'app' is undefined.
    Thanks,
    Prabudass

I haven't use CS for quite some time and file associations may not work with the command prompt.
    You can try using Windows Explorer to browse to a .js file then right click on that file. From the popup menu choose Open With. Even if you see Photoshop in the file list choose Browse at the bottom. Browse to Photoshop and make sure to check 'Always use selected program...'
    If that doesn't work you will need to create an action that runs your script and make a droplet from that action. You can then use the droplet in the command prompt. You may also need to create a 'dummy' image file to launch the droplet with if you script doesn't require an open document at startup. See http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=967

• My files are all there and open in Preview but in Numbers they come up blank. Same in Pages. Any ideas please? My Mac was stopped suddenly by a power cut. Could this be relevant? Help please. Jon Sims

My files are all there and open in Preview but in Numbers they come up blank. Same in Pages. Any ideas please? My Mac was stopped suddenly by a power cut. Could this be relevant? Help please. Jon Sims

"My Mac was stopped suddenly by a power cut. Could this be relevant?"
    Sounds very relevant.
    Do you have access to another computer with Numbers installed?
    If so, do your files open properly on that computer?
    If so, then the problem is your computer itself, which is best posted in a different forum.

• Need help in Java Script

i Need some help in Java Script,
    am using the following code :
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var newwindow;
    function poptastic(url)
    newwindow=window.open(url,'name','height=300,width=400,left=100, top=100,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,status=yes');
    if (window.focus) {newwindow.focus()}
    else {newwindow.close()}
    //     if (window.focus) {newwindow.focus()}
    </script>
    In HTML,
    thWorld Environment
    Day, June 5<sup>th</sup>,2005
    Am using onmouseover event, so that when my mouse in on the link, popup is opened....and when my mouse is out of the link, the new window should b closed....
    but according to the above code, the new window is opened but have to close it manually....
    Is there any other way to close the popup when my mouse is out of the link

Prawn,
    This is not really a good way to make friends. With the cross posting and the posting in a wrong forum anyway thing you have going.
    Please kindly take your question to an appropriate JavaScript forum.
    Have a happy day.
    Cross post from http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3797201

• Help in DELETE script

Hi, I have duplicate records and want to delete any 2nd duplicate row. Please help in DELETE script.
    Select * from cmhrec
    Sr_no  code    date     charge   Charge2 Code_ID
    1        AAA   1-1-2014  24.0      24.0      5
    1        AAA   1-1-2014  24.0      24.0      9
    2        AAA   1-1-2014  23.0      23.0      4
    2        AAA   1-1-2014  23.0      23.0      11
    3        AAA   1-1-2014   26.0      28.0     12
    3        AAA   1-1-2014   26.0      28.0     19
    --Desired output after deleting any 2nd duplicate row.
    Sr_no  code    date     charge   Charge2 Code_ID
    1        AAA   1-1-2014  24.0      24.0      5
    2        AAA   1-1-2014  23.0      23.0      4
    3        AAA   1-1-2014   26.0      28.0     12

Thank you
    You can simply do this
    DELETE t
    FROM cmhrec t
    WHERE EXISTS
    SELECT 1
    FROM cmhrec
    WHERE SrNo = t.SrNo
    AND Code = t.Code
    AND Code_ID < t.Code_ID
    Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Mark This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Required help in useradd script

friends i need help in a script i want to creat a script that adds 50 users
    but there is a problem i dont know how to assigne the passwords to the
    users in the script if some body know's about this please give me usefull
    information.
    REGARDS.
    ASIf

Use Expect. Search google for "expect unix".

• Dos based script or command to backup iphone5

hello,
              I am using iTunes 11 and iPhone 5 on window XP. I want to create iPhone 5 backup through iTunes services in my location(not in default location). can you provide any type of dos based script or command.
    thanks in advance
    Vivek Chauhan

http://www.iclarified.com/28426/how-to-change-the-location-of-your-itunes-iphone -backups-windows

• I need help writing a script that finds the first instance of a paragraph style and then changes it

I need help writing a script that finds the first instance of a paragraph style and then changes it to another paragraph style.  I don't necessarily need someone to write the whole thing, by biggest problem is figuring how to find just the first instance of the paragraph style.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi,
    Do you mean first instance of the paragraph style
    - in a chosen story;
    - on some chosen page in every text frames, looking from its top to the bottom;
    - in a entire document, looking from its beginning to the end, including hidden layers, master pages, footnotes etc...?
    If story...
    You could set app.findTextPreferences.appliedParagraphStyle to your "Style".
    Story.findText() gives an array of matches. 1st array's element is a 1st occurence.
    so:
    Story.findText()[0].appliedParagraphStyle = Style_1;
    //==> this will change a paraStyle of 1st occurence of story to "Style_1".
    If other cases...
    You would need to be more accurate.
    rgds

• Need help writing a script

I am trying to convert my prcess from DTS to SSIS. I am running this report out of SAP and then using Monarch to put into the correct form, then I am using the DTS to put it into the database on the SQL server.  I am able to get all the other info to
    move out having so much trouble here to get the plant number. The issuse is that it is on top on the page and it will change when a new plant is needed.
    Thanks for any help
    I need help wrting a script that will put that 7010 into a cloumn nnamed plant number.

To convert from DTS packages to SSIS you can just open the DTS package in a new SSIS project (depends on target SSIS version by using SSDT or BIDS).
    The rest is mechanics how the iteration with SAP is done and may be beyond the scope of this forum.
    Arthur
    MyBlog
    Twitter

• Help in Calculation Script

I need your help in calculation script: Using 9.3.1 version
    In below script , I have to write same code for total 10 account members used in the same place A and all 10 accounts members are level 0 children of 1 parent.
    A = A + B / C*D
    I need to write a code where 10 Account members can be used during calculation in place of A.
    Please can you help me on this query .. How to achieve this requirement ...
    Regards
    Vishal

Using my Very Favorite Essbase Database In The Whole Wide World, aka Sample.Basic, I wrote the following nonsense code snippet:
    FIX(@RELATIVE("Profit", 0), @LEVMBRS("Product", 0), @LEVMBRS("Market", 0), @LEVMBRS("Year", 0))
         "Actual" = "Actual" + "Actual"->"Opening Inventory" / "Actual"->"Additions" * "Actual"->"Ending Inventory" ;
    ENDFIXDon't focus on why you would never ever want to do the above with inventory, just look at the code.
    The code does work.
    Before:
              100-10     New York     Actual
    Jan               Sales     679          
                   COGS     271          
              Margin     408          
                   Marketing     94          
                   Payroll     51          
                   Misc     0          
              Total Expenses     145          
         Profit     263          
              Opening Inventory     2101          
              Additions     644          
              Ending Inventory     2066          After
              100-10     New York     Actual
    Jan               Sales     7419.164596          
                   COGS     7011.164596          
              Margin     408          
                   Marketing     6834.164596          
                   Payroll     6791.164596          
                   Misc     6740.164596          
              Total Expenses     20365.49379          
         Profit     -19957.49379          
              Opening Inventory     2101          
              Additions     644          
              Ending Inventory     2066          I can't remember if your to be affected members are under a common parent or not. If the latter, use a UDA to go after the members.
    Oh yes, this code violates one of my personal design considerations -- it modifies the source data so it can only be run once. That is really dangerous but the choice is yours.
    Regards,
    Cameron Lackpour

• IPhone could not be activated because activation server is temporarily unavailable. this is now the third day and nothing improves please help. iTunes says my sim is locked but I can't unlock it

iPhone could not be activated because activation server is temporarily unavailable. this is now the third day and nothing improves please help. iTunes says my sim is locked but I can't unlock it

Generally this is a sign that the iPhone had previously been
    hacked/modified/jailbroken and the update relocked it to the
    original wireless carrier. If this is the case, only that wireless
    carrier can unlock your iPhone. You must contact them to see
    if they offer unlocking and if you qualify.
    Where did you acquire this iPhone?
    What wireless carrier did you use before this problem?
    Does the app Cydia appear on your iPhone?
    What does it say when you look at Settings=>General=>About=>Carrier?
    Unauthorized modification of iOS
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3743 
    If your iPhone has not been jailbroken, see the troubleshooting suggestions here: 
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3424?viewlocale=en_US

Maybe you are looking for

• How do I get all the photos in an album to sync to my iPad?

Only some of the photos in an album sync successfully to my ipad.

• Pr po analysis

Dear All, Please find my requirement of a report for pr - po analysis. The report should be as below. out put columns PR , PR ITEM  NO, PR CREATED ON, PR CREATED BY , PR FINAL RELEASED DATE , PR QUANTITY , DELIVERY DATE , PO,PO CREATED ON, PO CREATED

• How to export to .vpe from photoshop CS 6 to after effect

In photoshop CS6, I can't find the option export to ".vpe" where it used to be in the vanishing point upper left corner. There is nothing now ! Where can i find it now please ? Thanks in advance !

• New virtual Directory using JAVA

Hello Friends; I want to create a folder under SAP j2ee engine and i want to upload my files under new folder and use it like http://portal:port/Newfolder/mynew_photo.jpg It is possible in iis. For ex.  i can create a folder manuel under c:\inetpub\w

• User account trackpad issues

Trying to set up a guest account in Lion for my girlfriend, but the trackpad doesn't respond in this account. It does work without a glitch in the admin account.