Icons on bottom of T420?

There are two oval slots on the bottom of the T420.  They're about 1cm wide.  Next to them is an icon of what looks to be a keyboard and a droplet shape.  What does this mean?  Does it have something to do with the spillproof aspect of the keyboard?

wkearney99 wrote:
 Does it have something to do with the spillproof aspect of the keyboard?
A correct assumption. Yes those are the drain holes which will allow liquids to escape after being spilled onto the keyboard although I would add that "spillproof" isn't exactly a true description of the function, nothing is 100%.
Andy  ______________________________________
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
  Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
PepperonI blog 

Similar Messages

• Moving files to icon at bottom of clip bin to avoid rendering files?

I was talking to tech support about another issue. The tech guy showed me a cool feature new to cs5. You take hd clips or others in the clip bin and drag them to the page icon at bottom of clip bin (2nd from right of magnifying glass). The clip gets a yellow line on its top and is transformed to fit your timeline so you don't have to render the raw clips. My confusion is that I do this with the first clip and it goes to the time line. But when i do another clip, it erases the previous clip off the timeline and it alone is there. On the top of the timeline are folder tabs with the names of all the clips i have processe this way. If i click on the tabs, the clip appears on the timeline but i can only get one at a time to stay there.  I am new to cs5 and am trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.. thanks! Tucson Skiman

hi ann...
    the new camera is just a basic little 350 buck sony that is palm size.. it
    takes amazing quality video for such a small camera... it is perfect for my
    skiing and river rafting trips (which is what my company does) because it is
    very simple.. there is no disc drive to break... all the clips go to a flash
    card... it is perfect for what i do...
    the old footage is basic avi stuff shot with a helmet cam and sent to an
    older sony camcorder which is dv tape device.  It is not hi def, but i
    capture some truly great stuff with that camera. it is on my head and i ski
    behind really good skiers, following them at @ 5 feet. it is a real wide
    angle lense, so you have to be pretty close. But the images i have been able
    to capture for my movies over the past 7 years are really awesome... the end
    result is a ski movie about 40 minutes long with skiing , some comedy skits,
    some river and biking trip footage, and visits to European and South
    American destinations non-skiing.
    If you would like to see what i have done in the past, please go to
    www.morningstarskitours.com
    which is the site of my business. on the home page, click on the VIDEOS
    link... There are some really beautiful places to see there.  I think I
    would point you to my two favorites:  Alsek River , Alaska video and my
    Alaska Heli Skiing video.... They are about 3 minutes long each.. i think
    they will give you an idea of what i do with my movies...
    Cheers! Would love to hear your opinion on my movies.. always appreciate
    input!
    dan the ski man / president/ Morningstar Ski Tours

• I just upgraded to Firefox 4--what happened to the secure site icon at bottom of page?

I just upgraded from Firefox 3.6 to 4. There used to be a secure site icon at bottom right of secure pages. Clicking on the icon opened a window with all security info for that page. Now there is no icon. To get the same info I now have to click on the button in the address bar and then click again on the "more information" button. This is not intuitive and seems like a step backward. Is there a way to bring back the old secure site icon?

The padlock is no longer a part of Firefox; it can give users a false sense that a site is secure by not supplying all of the information about a site. Familiarize yourself with the '''''Site Identity Button''''' in Firefox:
    *https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Site+Identity+Button
    *http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/05/06/635/
    You can install an add-on to show a padlock in the URL/Location/Address bar:
    *https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/padlock-icon/
    <br />
    <br />
    '''You need to update the following.''' The Plugin version(s) shown below was/were submitted with your question and is/are out of date. You should update to avoid known security issues with the version(s) you have installed. Click on "More system info..." to the right of your question to see what was included with your question.
    *Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
    *Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159 ('''''new security update 10.3.181.14 released 2011-05-12''''')
    #'''''Check your plugin versions''''' on either of the following links':
    #*http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
    #*https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
    #*'''Note: plugin check page does not have information on all plugin versions'''
    #*There are plugin specific testing links available from this page:
    #**http://kb.mozillazine.org/Testing_plugins
    #'''Update Adobe Reader (PDF plugin):'''
    #*From within your existing Adobe Reader ('''<u>if you have it already installed</u>'''):
    #**Open the Adobe Reader program from your Programs list
    #**Click Help > Check for Updates
    #**Follow the prompts for updating
    #**If this method works for you, skip the "Download complete installer" section below and proceed to "After the installation" below
    #*Download complete installer ('''if you do <u>NOT</u> have Adobe Reader installed'''):
    #**SAVE the installer to your hard drive (save to your Desktop so that you can find it after the download). Exit/Close Firefox. Run the installer you just downloaded.
    #**Use either of the links below:
    #***https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+Adobe+Reader+plugin+with+Firefox ''(click on "Installing and updating Adobe Reader")''
    #***''<u>Also see Download link</u>''': http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/
    #*After the installation, start Firefox and check your version again.
    #'''Update the [[Managing the Flash plugin|Flash]] plugin''' to the latest version.
    #*Download and SAVE to your Desktop so you can find the installer later
    #*If you do not have the current version, click on the "Player Download Center" link on the "'''Download and information'''" or "'''Download Manual installers'''" below
    #*After download is complete, exit Firefox
    #*Click on the installer you just downloaded and install
    #**Windows 7 and Vista: may need to right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator"
    #*Start Firefox and check your version again or test the installation by going back to the download link below
    #*'''Download and information''': http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    #**Use Firefox to go to the above site to update the Firefox plugin (will also install plugin for most other browsers; except IE)
    #**Use IE to go to the above site to update the IE ActiveX
    #*'''Download Manual installers'''.
    #**http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_ManualInstaller
    #**Note separate links for:
    #***Plugin for Firefox and most other browsers
    #***ActiveX for IE

• PSE 11.   Seemed to have lost content. No icons on bottom bar for frames, etc

Unable to locate icons for content.  Missing icons on bottom bar for adjustment, effects, textures, frames.  Could  not find content under windows tab. Can i reload the program

True, and I have that option enabled. Given that I need to use the Tool options, primarily Crop, with different settings on each individual image, I am finding myself opening and closing the options bar constantly. I have two options: have it pop up when I don't want it to, or I have to open it when I want it, then close it afterward. Either way, the resulting workflow is tiresome at best.

• No desktop icons or bottom toolbar after installing bridge

After installing bridge I lost all my desktop icons and bottom toolbar. Now just have screen saver picture nothing else.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:
    Note that this is boilerplate text.
    If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,
    such as your platform (Mac or Win),
    exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,
    your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance
    the type of file you were working on,
    machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,
    what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,
    what error message(s) you receive,
    if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,
    if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.
    etc.,
    someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).
    a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.
    Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0
    Thanks!

• Icons at bottom of screen won't work

The icons at bottom of the screen won't work. I can slide them, but they won't tap for use.

Try:
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost      
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Restore from backup. See:                                               
    iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.                       
    If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.
      Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar                                                              

• Since upgrade I can no longer see tray icons on bottom of screen - how do I uncover them?

Since the latest upgrade, Firefox now covers my entire screen. I can get used to the disappearing tabs & such on the top, but for my job I need to switch back & forth between browser and email a lot, and need quick control of the volume bar. The entire bottom tray of icons is covered by Firefox now, and it doesn't have any quick way to make it go away. How do I uncover these?

The options in that menu now are aside of the home page icon, just click on the menu icon

• The entire window went off the screen to the right, can see icon at bottom but when I click on it it zips off to the right.

I was working in Firefox and clicked on something which made the entire window flash off to the right, unable to be seen. The Firefox icon is available at the bottom but when I click it, it sends the screen off to the right. Click on icon again and it will take it from "off the screen" back into the icon. I tried restarting with no change. It only affects one user on the computer.

Hi,
    See if these Links for Home Sharing add any light to the problem
    Understanding
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3819
    Troubleshooting
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972
    How to
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2688

• Battery % is stuck, No permanent icons on bottom of screen

Hi. My iphone 4 is 5 months old. I plugged it into my laptop to charge up and since then my battery percentage on the phone is stuck on 4% but the phone is charged. Also when the phone is charging the big battery icon in the middle of the screen stays in the red and doesnt move to green at all. And at the same time the 4 permenent icons that stay down the bottom when you swipe from one screen to the next have disappeared. There is no permanent icons anymore. To access these, especially the phone, i had to push the home button twice and then swipe to find the phone which is a pain. Thanks for any help. And this all happened when i charged the phone from my laptop, which was plugged into power at the same time
    Net

thanks both i've managed to do it now. although the icon looks different now. before it was an actual folder with applications written on it. now it's an icon the same as the address book icon. it does the trick though which is the main thing.

• Lost my document icon on bottom of screen.

I lost the document icon on the bottom of my screen. How can I get it back?

Click on the house icon in the Finder's sidebar and drag it back from there. In recent Mac OS X versions, you can also drag it back directly from the sidebar.
    (64742)

• Can icons on bottom of screen be changed

Wondering whether the 4 icons at the bottom of the screen can be changed.  For example, I would prefer to remove the Music one and replace it with Messenger.  Thanks!!

You have the ability to move icons around on the phone and arrange in any way you see fit. Just hold down on the icon until it starts to wiggle and then using your finger move to whatever location you want. After you finish moving then tap the home button.

• Finder, Icon Slider bottom doesn't resize

hi, i have a small bug with my icon slider of Finder. it doesn't resize with the small slider at right bottom of a Finder window.
    as you can see: the icons in the Finder window are very small (set by the slider right), but the slider left is set to the biggest icon size.
    but
    if i go to a higher Finder level, change there the size of the icons (possible), return to the old Finder window (picture above), then:
    the functionaltiy is actually, that the sliderposition left and right is synchronous.
    that well running disappearing after couple of clicks or minutes.

I have the same issue. If I switch from a non-icon view to the icon view, the slider doesn't work. However, if I select icon view for a folder, then close the folder and re-open again, the slider works. I think the invisible database file for the folder display isn't getting updated correctly / at the right time.
    Permission repair doesn't help, so I suspect a minor Finder bug. Hopefully 10.7.2 will fix.
    K@

• I'm trying to find information on a form of message I have received to my iPhone. It appears on locked screen and I must press the green Dismiss icon at bottom to get rid of the message from the unknown sender and to then enter my pass code to enter my is

I am trying to find information about a type of message I received on my iPhone. It appears as the message only on my locked screen, I must press on the green Dismiss icon at the bottom and the message disappears and then I can unlock my phone with passcode and use phone. This message stays there until I press Dismiss. It shows no sender or where it came from but is being sent to my phone number. Only a message the sender intends me to read shows on the screen then once dismissed, it disappears and does not show up or save in any application on my phone. Any ideas?

Click here and request assistance.
    (91679)

• Bridge CS6 did not download, PS window over extends below Mac icons at bottom

I subscribed to CS6 and Bridge CS6 is not activated. When I try it takes me back to Bridge CS4. Also, my PS window extends below my laptop icons so that I am not able to see bottom icons from my layers pallet. I've try to get tech support for 3 days. Spending 3 hrs waiting on the phone 1st day, 3.5 hrs on the second(my phone number was taken by contact person but did not received same and today I've waited since 10 am and it's 10:30 pm(via prompter I was told to expect a call back at 11:30 am). I don't understand what is the problem? When I subscribed there was a friendly operator to sign me up without a hassle.

Screenshots tell a lot. I would guess, though, that it works ias it always has - by default, PS will open in fullscreen and if you don't auto-hide your dock and keep it in teh forerground all the tiem, naturally it will interfere with any app running in fullscreen. For Bridge, you can change the associations manualyl in the Bridge prefs and enabling/ disabling the relevant startup scripts.
    Mylenium

• Lock icon at bottom of iTunes screen when iPod connected and selected -grey

I'm a longtime Mac and iPod man trying to get ipod working for friend who has Dell laptop and XP.
    Have downloaded and installed latest Windows software for both iPod and laptop.
    Problem
    iPod is recognised, but I can do very little with it in iTunes. Items get greyed out, iPod screen often returns to internal menus (that is appears as if iPod is disconnected) and strangest of all (for me ) is that a lock icon appears at bottom of iTunes screen in line where iPod capacity is shown. Have reset iPod, restarted computer, iTunes etc. no change.
    Here's the thing - same problem when connected to my iMac G5!
    Any suggestions welcome.

Got my answer from nice chap with a Windows machine!
    It was because iPod was in autosync mode which I have never used myself since I have way too much stuff in iTunes.

Maybe you are looking for

• Mini-DVI to Video Adapter No Longer Compatible

This is an infuriating subject for me. I had a 2007 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo White Macbook. On a daily basis i used it with my widescreen TV. I am not made of money, so it is an old tube screen that requires a composite connection. When that macbook d

• Static Credit Limit Check for Sales Orders - Net Value vs Credit Value

We are testing order credit check and we have run into a problem with the Static Credit Limit Check.  The Static Credit Limit Check is set to use both Order and Delivery Values.  SAP uses the values in S066 and S067 to determine what values it uses t

• Duplicates in Outlook

How do I delete duplicates created in Outlook while synchronizing? Post relates to: Palm TX

• Problems with Jump Menu

Hello to everyone in the community. I have a problem for the jump menu. My problem is the following: When I click on the value of I he opens the menu page it returns the correct value most of the menu to the first position. I wonder how can the value

• How do I get my (30+) OSX archived Apple Mailboxes and old emails to appear on my iPhone?

How do I get my (30+) OSX archived Apple Mailboxes to appear on my iPhone? I am happy to use any combination of Thunderbird and Apples so that I can sort and archive incoming emails into existing folder (names), and access old emails (1,000s of them)