Sun Fire T1000 vs Sun Enterprise T1000

Is there any difference between the Sun Fire T1000 and the Sun Enterprise T1000 or is Sun listing the same server on it's website with two different names?

Is the system installed with a Dual-Channel Ultra320 LVD SCSI PCI-e adapter

Similar Messages

• Sun Enterprise 250 Server; memory upgrade

Dear Gurus
    Please let me know , if we can upgrade E250 memory from 1GB to 2GB and adding 100GB space.
    Our hardware vendor is suggesting to replace the server as this is an EOL ( End of Life ) Server and can't upgrade the memory or disk.
    Anybody have any clue?

Hello Krishna,
    the E250 is extendible upto 2 GB of RAM (16 modules each 128MB). If your system uses 16 modules 64MB each (1GB), all modules must be replaced with 128MB modules.
    Even if the higher capacity (73 or 146GB) disks aren't listed in the E250 page of the Sun System Handbook they might work (but won't use the the Ultra160/Ultra320 mode, that means no increased thruput). If the system is under service contract, extending the system with these disks might invalidate the service contract. If the system isn't under service contract talk with the dealer or directly Sun about a trial.
    The followup system of the E250 was the Fire V250 (upto 8 internal disks!), which went EOL in 09/05. The current followup is the Fire V240 (only upto 4 internal disks).
    Buying or leasing a newer system is more expensive, but offers much higher performance (faster disks and much faster cpus). I would suggest to call Sun, probably you can Trade-In the system.
    Sun Enterprise[tm] 250 Server
    Full Components List - disks
    Michael

• Sun Enterprise 220R to Dell Poweredge 2161 DS-2 KVM

Hi there,
    I have a some Sun Enterprise 220R servers with graphics card and one 8 miniDIN female socket for Keyboard/mouse - I would like to connect this machine to a Dell Poweredge 2161 DS-2 KVM for remote control.
    The solution I have come up with is as follows - If anyone has used this solution or similiar, can you let me know if it worked or not please?
    Sun 8 miniDIN Female socket -> USB-SUN-R -> SIP (USB & VGA to RJ45) -> RJ45 Cable to KVM
    VGA Connector -> -> SIP (USB & VGA to RJ45) -> RJ45 Cable to KVM
    NOTE: the SIP cable in the above layout is the one cable - Its just easier to lay it out as above - same for the RJ45 cable
    I would be only using one USB connection on the output of the USB-SUN-R device
    Any suggestion greatly received - Maybe there is something easier than i have envisaged
    Thanks
    Willy
    USB-SUN-R = http://www.networktechinc.com/pdf/man038.pdf
    SIP cable: = http://www.impactcomputers.com/hg526.html

Hi there,
    I have a some Sun Enterprise 220R servers with graphics card and one 8 miniDIN female socket for Keyboard/mouse - I would like to connect this machine to a Dell Poweredge 2161 DS-2 KVM for remote control.
    The solution I have come up with is as follows - If anyone has used this solution or similiar, can you let me know if it worked or not please?
    Sun 8 miniDIN Female socket -> USB-SUN-R -> SIP (USB & VGA to RJ45) -> RJ45 Cable to KVM
    VGA Connector -> -> SIP (USB & VGA to RJ45) -> RJ45 Cable to KVM
    NOTE: the SIP cable in the above layout is the one cable - Its just easier to lay it out as above - same for the RJ45 cable
    I would be only using one USB connection on the output of the USB-SUN-R device
    Any suggestion greatly received - Maybe there is something easier than i have envisaged
    Thanks
    Willy
    USB-SUN-R = http://www.networktechinc.com/pdf/man038.pdf
    SIP cable: = http://www.impactcomputers.com/hg526.html

• Sun Enterprise Server 8 - Web application error

If you can help, I can be satisfied. When I try to deploy a .war file I always get this error in the following.
    <--
    A "com.sun.enterprise.tools.guiframework.exception.FrameworkException" was caught. The message from the exception: "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'error' event for 'deployWebModule'."
    The root cause is "javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: id"
    See the HTML source for more detailed (stack trace) information.
    -->
    It is also accured while enterprise application deployment.
    What does it mean or what could I do recently?

Just try to give few step into error checking debug logs and check where the error is....
    I find it to be an mismatch or wrong declaration of attributes and calling them...

• Need driver for dell powervault 120t for Sun Enterprise 220R

Can someone point me to where I can get the driver for
    the DELL PowerVault 120T DLT 7000 for a sun enterprise
    200R running Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8).
    Richard Trevino
    [email protected]

changed the disk

• Failed to load Main Class: com.sun.enterprise.appclient.Main

Hi,
    I use Sun Server 8.0 with Java 5.
    When I am running my application I find this error,
    Failed to load Main Class: com.sun.enterprise.appclient.Main
    This class is in file /home/jai/cts141/SUNWappserver/lib/appserv-rt.jar and I have this file Class in my CLASSPATH.
    The same works fiine with Java 1.4
    Please Clarify the reasons due to which this might happen.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Jay

I use Sun Server 8.0 with Java 5.
    When I am running my application I find this error,
    Failed to load Main Class:
    com.sun.enterprise.appclient.Main
    This class is in file
    /home/jai/cts141/SUNWappserver/lib/appserv-rt.jar
    and I have this file Class in my CLASSPATH.
    The same works fiine with Java 1.4Check if there is any other jar in the SDK 5.0 distribution which has the same class.

• How can I find the package com.sun.enterprise.naming?

Where does the following package come from? From which jar file?
    com.sun.enterprise.naming
    I am worling on j2sdk 1.4.2.10 and SUN Application Server 8.1.02.

You should not use the classes in the package com.sun.xml... directly. Use the XML API (included in the Java SDK since version 1.4); look at the javax.xml package.
    Jesper

• Com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory

I can not find "com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory" in j2ee.jar file. I have reinstalled j2ee server but still j2ee.jar does not contain the above file. I am running j2eesdk1.4_beta2. Does anyone know which jar file this file is located.

SerialInitContextFactory is an implementation-specific naming service class in the J2EE 1.4 SDK Beta2. It's located in appserv-rt.jar.
    --ken                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

• Adding Hard Drives To Sun Enterprise 3500

Hello Everyone,
    Here at work, we have a Sun Enterprise 3500 that we need to buy new hard drives for. We wanted to add 2 x 73 GB hard drives to it, but according to the sun hardware compatibility page the biggest hard drives for it were 36 GB. The 73 GB drives have the same type of connector, pin numbers and speed of the drives that are currently in there. So my question is, can you use a hard drive that is bigger then 36 GB in a Sun Enterprise 3500? If not, is there a specific reason why the drives can�t be bigger then 36 GB? Is there any hardware/software limitation that prevents this?
    Thanks in advance

I've added larger drives to older systems in which the compatibility matrix wasn't updated and they've worked fine. So long as the drive types are the same, you shouldn't have any issues. The 3500 is a pretty old machine though. It might just be cheaper to get something newer. A smaller server will blow that one away and consume a lot less power than the 3500.

• How to proactively monitor health of  the Disks on Sun Enterprise 450

We have been encountering frequent disk problems lately, most commonly disk read/write errors. I want to see if there was a way to monitor and anticipate problems in a proactive manner instead of reacting after the problem?
    We have a Sun Enterprise 450 with 20 disks and run Solaris 8. I have a metastat script in the cron to check the status every hour. Can anyone advise me on an automated processes which can monitor and report health of our disks before anything goes wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

Perhaps it is a good idea to check the grown defect list from a disk.
    You can check the list with the "format" command (defect / grown).
    Some entries in this list are OK, but if its grown fast, you should
    consider to change the disk.

• Failed to save deployment descriptor - cause: com.sun.enterprise.deploymen

I have a CMP EJB that will not deploy. I've been able to compile, run the capture-schema, complete the EJBC, but then I get a failure with the message below. I have used the ASMT to migrate from Weblogic 6.1 to Sun One 7. Any help would be userful.
    ERROR:
    Deployment Error -- Error while running ejbc -- Fatal Error from EJB Compiler -- -- Failed to save deployment descriptor for: Tracker-EJB cause: com.sun.enterprise.deployment.EjbExternalDescriptor
    The exception in the admin log file really doesn't help me.
    Thanks in advance.

Please check the xml files by running verifier. It seems like there is some problem with the sun-ejb-jar file. Check the packaging of the EJB. Set the log level to fine or above and give the log to know more details about the error.

• Sun Enterprise Server T5220 - can it be used for games like chess

Hi,
    Sun Enterprise Server T5220 - can it used for programnming and playing games like chess and other board games. How many players can it support? It supports 1250 domains. I am not talking about the CPU doing the chess calulations but just following player moves in the User Interface. How many connections can 5220 support?
    Regards,
    Van Volga.
    Edited by: VanVolga on Jan 26, 2008 4:22 AM

I'd want to use one of the Mac Mini servers hard drives as a iTunes library for all my devices as well as a TM backup hard-drive &amp; also storage for occasional PC files.
    So it is possible?

• Sun fire T1000 - VOLTAGE_SENSOR at MB/V_+3V3STBY has exceeded low warning t

Hi everyone,
    I am newbie in Sun server and Solaris OS and I have trouble with our old T1000 server. When I power on server, I get message from ALOM console: SC Alert: VOLTAGE_SENSOR at MB/V_+3V3STBY has exceeded low soft shutdown threshold. I read this topic: Re: Error: VOLTAGE_SENSOR at MB/V_+3V3STBY has exceeded low warning threshold and I want to get my serial number of power supply to determine if this alert is factory fault. Can I get it with some command? I can't remove cover from server. Is this alert critical?
    Also I have else one problem with T1000 if i want to start Solaris OS, "booting" stuck in loop:
    Loading the runtime image...
    ALOM - POST run incomplete previously, no POST this time
    ALOM BOOTMON v1.1.1
    ALOM Build Release: 001
    Reset register: e0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS
    Check for Handshake
    Returned from Boot Monitor and Handshake
    About this problem I read this topic Re: V240 Hangs at loading runtime image but without solution. It should be something together with problem of voltage_sensor?
    Can somebody help me please? I don't know which problem I focus on, I need boot into Solaris.
    Thank you for reply.

879613 wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I am newbie in Sun server and Solaris OS and I have trouble with our old T1000 server. When I power on server, I get message from ALOM console: SC Alert: VOLTAGE_SENSOR at MB/V_+3V3STBY has exceeded low soft shutdown threshold. I read this topic: Re: Error: VOLTAGE_SENSOR at MB/V_+3V3STBY has exceeded low warning threshold and I want to get my serial number of power supply to determine if this alert is factory fault. Can I get it with some command? I can't remove cover from server. Is this alert critical?
    Also I have else one problem with T1000 if i want to start Solaris OS, "booting" stuck in loop:
    Loading the runtime image...
    ALOM - POST run incomplete previously, no POST this time
    ALOM BOOTMON v1.1.1
    ALOM Build Release: 001
    Reset register: e0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS
    Check for Handshake
    Returned from Boot Monitor and Handshake
    About this problem I read this topic Re: V240 Hangs at loading runtime image but without solution. It should be something together with problem of voltage_sensor?
    Can somebody help me please? I don't know which problem I focus on, I need boot into Solaris.
    Thank you for reply.As described in Re: Error: VOLTAGE_SENSOR at MB/V_+3V3STBY has exceeded low warning threshold:
    ... your power supply has failed. You need to replace it.
    Since all T1000's are EOL, you will need to buy a new one unless you have a service contract that covers repair support on the entire chassis.
    No, you cannot type a command to get serial numbers or part numbers of the power supply. Power supplies for such a system are "too stupid" to be able to answer a software inquiry probe. The PSU design is simple. It will work or it will not work.
    If you think there is some sort of a recall on those power supplies, you will need to contact Technical Support directly. These forums are NOT Tech Support.
    Opinion? There is no such recall, or if there ever was the time has long ago expired when someone could take advantage of it.
    Your system doesn't boot because the PSU has failed. Gert the computer repaired. Go to eBay if you must, but you will need to buy replacement parts.

• Can't get terminal on Sun Enterprise 220R

Hi folks, wondering if you can help me.
    I recently acquired an Enterprise 220R on the 2nd hand market. I am assured (reliably) that it was working fine before it was disconnected from its previous home, where it was accessed via a console server.
    I, however, cannot get a terminal on it. I have tried using 9600-8-n-1 ANSI with no flow control in HyperTerminal COM17, as well as several other combinations, and nothing. Cable setup is as follows:
    XP Laptop - USB 232 adaptor - 232-RJ45 adaptor - standard ethernet cable - DB25-RJ45 adaptor - Terminal A on the 220R.
    I am able successfully raise a terminal on my Sun Fire V100 immediately using the same adaptor and same HyperTerm settings, in the following cable config:
    XP Laptop - USB 232 adaptor - 232-RJ45 adaptor - standard ethernet cable - A LOM on V100.
    That tells me:
    - that I am using the correct COM port
    - that the USB-serial adaptor is working
    - that the serial-RJ45 adaptor is working
    - that hyperterm is configured correctly
    SO: I have tried both straight through and crossover cables on the E220R with no success. I have tried different baud rates, different terminal settings, nothing. both ethernet cables have been tested with a cable tester.
    The system is keyed to the power on/off position. Both PSUs are connected and there is no maintenance light.
    What am I doing wrong? I assume it's something to do with either Hyperterm settings or my ethernet cable/connector pinouts? I can crimp cables in any configuration if I know what that configuration is. The DB25-RJ45 adaptor came with the box on Serial A so I assume it's the correct one.
    Please help as this box needs to be used in production ASAP.
    Many thanks
    Cheers James
    Edited by: jradvan on Sep 21, 2008 12:54 AM

jradvan wrote:
    Hi folks, wondering if you can help me.
    I recently acquired an Enterprise 220R on the 2nd hand market. I am assured (reliably) that it was working fine before it was disconnected from its previous home, where it was accessed via a console server.
    I, however, cannot get a terminal on it. I have tried using 9600-8-n-1 ANSI with no flow control in HyperTerminal COM17, as well as several other combinations, and nothing. Cable setup is as follows:
    XP Laptop - USB 232 adaptor - 232-RJ45 adaptor - standard ethernet cable - DB25-RJ45 adaptor - Terminal A on the 220R.Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "standard" 232<->RJ45 adapter. So the exact wiring of the two adapters you are relevant. This sequence can create either a "straight through", or a "null modem", or something completely different.
    You must have a "null modem" setup for this to work, because both the XP and the Sun have DTE wired serial ports.
    I am able successfully raise a terminal on my Sun Fire V100 immediately using the same adaptor and same HyperTerm settings, in the following cable config:
    XP Laptop - USB 232 adaptor - 232-RJ45 adaptor - standard ethernet cable - A LOM on V100.
    That tells me:
    - that I am using the correct COM port
    - that the USB-serial adaptor is working
    - that the serial-RJ45 adaptor is working
    - that hyperterm is configured correctly
    SO: I have tried both straight through and crossover cables on the E220R with no success. I have tried different baud rates, different terminal settings, nothing. both ethernet cables have been tested with a cable tester."crossover cable"? Like an ethernet crossover cable? That's not useful for serial hookups. A serial "rollover" cable could be useful in some cases, but an ethernet crossover cable won't work well.
    What am I doing wrong? I assume it's something to do with either Hyperterm settings or my ethernet cable/connector pinouts? I can crimp cables in any configuration if I know what that configuration is. The DB25-RJ45 adaptor came with the box on Serial A so I assume it's the correct one.I aggree. I think it's the final adapter. You can view the serial connections on this page. If you know the pinouts of that final adapter, you can construct the correct cable:
    http://www.sunhelp.org/unix-serial-port-resources/serial-pinouts/
    Darren

• "Drive not ready" can't boot the Sun Enterprise 250 Server 400MHz

Hi,
    Because I can't ping it and got no response on the console, so I had to reboot the E250 server.
    When I reboot SUN E250, I got the following message on the console and then it stops.
    Sun (TM) Enterprise 250 (2 X UltraSPARC-II 400MHz), No Keyboard
    OpenBoot 3.16, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial #15131886.
    Ethernet address 8:0:20:e6:e4:ee, Host ID: 80e6e4ee.
    Drive not ready
    When I turned to diagnostic mode, I got the
    Rebooting with command: boot
    Boot device: net File and args:
    Using Onboard Transceiver - Link Up.
    Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
    When I reboot it, I got the following message on the console and then it stops.
    Sun (TM) Enterprise 250 (2 X UltraSPARC-II 400MHz), No Keyboard
    OpenBoot 3.16, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial #15131886.
    Ethernet address 8:0:20:e6:e4:ee, Host ID: 80e6e4ee.
    Drive not ready
    When I turned to diagnostic mode, I got the
    Rebooting with command: boot
    Boot device: net File and args:
    Using Onboard Transceiver - Link Up.
    {0} ok printenv
    Variable Name Value Default Value
    tpe-link-test? true true
    scsi-initiator-id 7 7
    keyboard-click? false false
    keymap
    ttyb-rts-dtr-off false false
    ttyb-ignore-cd true true
    ttya-rts-dtr-off false false
    ttya-ignore-cd true true
    ttyb-mode 9600,8,n,1,- 9600,8,n,1,-
    ttya-mode 9600,8,n,1,- 9600,8,n,1,-
    pci-slot-skip-list none none
    pci0-probe-list 1,3,2,4,5 1,3,2,4,5
    upa-port-skip-list none none
    diag-level min min
    diag-script normal normal
    diag-targets none none
    diag-trigger power-reset power-reset
    diag-continue? false false
    diag-passes 1 1
    diag-verbosity tests tests
    More [<space>,<cr>,q,n,p,c] ? env-monitor enabled enabled
    mfg-options server
    #power-cycles 142
    system-board-serial# 5015440072176
    system-board-date 3a06ad42
    fcode-debug? false false
    output-device ttya screen
    input-device ttya keyboard
    load-base 16384 16384
    boot-command boot boot
    auto-boot? true true
    auto-boot-on-error? false false
    watchdog-reboot? false false
    diag-file
    diag-device net net
    boot-file
    boot-device disk:a disk net disk net
    local-mac-address? false false
    ansi-terminal? true true
    screen-#columns 80 80
    screen-#rows 34 34
    silent-mode? false false
    use-nvramrc? false false
    More [<space>,<cr>,q,n,p,c] ? nvramrc
    security-mode none
    security-password
    security-#badlogins 0
    oem-logo
    oem-logo? false false
    oem-banner
    oem-banner? false false
    hardware-revision 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 ...
    last-hardware-update
    diag-switch? false false
    {0} ok devalias
    screen /pci@1f,4000/TSI,gfxp@5
    disk5 /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@c,0
    disk4 /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@b,0
    disk3 /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@a,0
    disk2 /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@9,0
    disk1 /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@8,0
    disk0 /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0
    disk /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0
    scsi /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3
    cdrom /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f
    ta¾pe /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/tape@4,0
    pcia /pci@1f,2000
    pcib /pci@1f,4000
    pci0 /pci@1f,4000
    flash /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/flashprom@10,0
    nvram /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/eeprom@14,0
    parallel /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/ecpp@14,3043bc
    net /pci@1f,4000/network@1,1
    ebus /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1
    i2c /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/SUNW,envctrltwo
    floppy /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/fdthree
    tty /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,400000
    More [<space>,<cr>,q,n,p,c] ? ttya /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,400000:a
    ttyb /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,400000:b
    rscctl /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,200000:sspctl
    rsc /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,200000:ssp
    ttyc /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,200000:ssp
    ttyd /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,200000:sspctl
    keyboard! /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/su@14,3083f8:forcemode
    keyboard /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/su@14,3083f8
    mouse /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/su@14,3062f8
    name aliases
    {0} ok boot disk
    Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0 File and args:
    Drive not ready
    {0} ok probe-scsi-all
    /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1
    /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3
    Target 0
    Unit 0 Disk IBM DDYST1835SUN18G S94N
    Target 4
    Unit 0 Removable Tape HP C1537A L706
    Target 6
    Unit 0 Removable Read Only device TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M14011007
    Target 8
    Unit 0 Disk FUJITSU MAJ3364M SUN36G 0804
    Target a
    Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST336704LSUN36G 032C
    Anyone knows what's the problem and how can I fix it?
    Cheers

You either have a mechanically or electronically failed disk drive or else your Operating System (I an presuming it is Solaris on that SPARC system) is completely mucked up.
    If it is the OS at issue, you will need to install everything fresh.
    If it is the 18GB disk drive, you will need to replace it and install everything fresh.
    Either way, at some point you will have to go get your OS installation media and install everything fresh. The solution is not that difficult to understand.

Maybe you are looking for

• How do i share files from my pc to my mac

I need to know how to get a pic off my pc and transfer it to my mac wirelessly. I was trying to sell something online using my mac, and the pic i needed was on my pc. I tried to "share it" but was not able to get into my pc. Any suggestions?

• Can't Understand What's Going on Here

I have a right-to-left, facing pages document I'm working on, the first 4 pages I've numbered with roman numerals, they won't be showing anyway so that's not important, the problem is I started new section numbering on the fifth page but when I do so

• Adding a new column in a CREATE -- AS SELECT statement

I am creating a table using a select from an existing table. I wish to also add one new column (with null values for all records). Is this possible? What would the syntax be for this column? Thanks, Kevin

• JAX-RPC and DataHandler

Sorry, I know there has been lots of discussion about sending files with JAX-RPC in this forum, but I haven't found any answers to my problem. I got the impression that all I needed to do was to write a service having a DataHandler as a method parame

• Resetting of PO Release Strategy

Hi,   I configured all the needed step to activate PO release strategy.   But its not working in scenario whereby a completely release PO should reset thePO amount/qty will be increase after its complete release. My setting for Release Indicator are