Problem sending a SMS message from mobile phone t809

Hello!
I am trying to send a SMS message from my cell phone. This is Samsung t809 phone with CLDC 1.1 and MIDP 2.0
The code that I am using is next:
MessageConnection smsconn = null;
try
smsconn = ( MessageConnection )Connector.open( "sms://:50000" );
TextMessage txtMsg = ( TextMessage )smsconn.newMessage( MessageConnection.TEXT_MESSAGE );
txtMsg.setAddress( "sms://18885552233" );
txtMsg.setPayloadText( "Hello SMS!" );
smsconn.send( txtMsg );
catch( Exception e )
e.printStackTrace();
System.out.println( e.getMessage() );
form_main.append( "\nError occured!" );
if( smsconn != null )
try
smsconn.close();
catch( IOException e )
e.printStackTrace();
System.out.println( e.getMessage() );
Seems like on cell phone I have an exception because I can see the line "Error occured!"
I have no idea why... :(
Will appreciate any help and comments.
Thank you!
P.S. Oh yes... the phone 18885552233 is not real, I just used my friend cell phone to test. Does not work... :(
Message was edited by:
viva_unix

hello,
when you use smsconn = ( MessageConnection )Connector.open( "sms://:50000" ); it means that you are trying to connect to a sms server. So if you don't have a sms server on your computer, an exception is thrown !
if you just wanna test sms sending, put the phone number in the string like this
smsconn = ( MessageConnection )Connector.open( "sms://123456789" );<b>reference</b>:
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/midp/articles/wma/index.html
hope it will help you
peace
supareno

Similar Messages

• Can ipod touch 4th generation send and receive messages from a phone number?

I have an iphone number connected to imessage but my iphone broke.  On my mac messages app it allows me to be reached at (my phone number).  Is it possible on the ipod touch 4th generation to send and receive messages from my phone number as opposed to an email address?

Only if you have an iPhone using with iOS 6 or greater using the same APple ID for Settings>Messages>Send and Recevice.
    iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

• Sending a SMS to a mobile phone

Hi,
    in case if you are looking for an example code to send a SMS from APEX or PL/SQL to a mobile phone, have a look at
    http://inside-apex.blogspot.com/2007/05/sending-sms-to-mobile-phone.html
    The article contains all the necessary code.
    Happy SMSing
    Patrick
    Check out my APEX-blog: http://inside-apex.blogspot.com
    Check out the ApexLib Framework: http://apexlib.sourceforge.net

try searching WMA Api

• When I send an SMS message from my Text Message Forwarding enabled Macbook to an Android, it breaks the message up into several out of order chunks. Is there a solution to this?

I have a 2012 Macbook Air and an iPhone 5, both with up-to-date software. When I set up Text Message Forwarding, everything went according to plan, until I sent a relatively wordy text to a friend (from my Macbook) to a friend on an Android phone. It chopped the text up into several 2 line fragments, and delivered them in seemingly random order. The fragments were specifically 2 lines, and not 160 characters, which is the "limit" you used to get on old SMS messages. It continues to happen.

Are you using any emoji, or accented characters? If so, try not to. Also, I recall something about a double space at the very end of the text. Unfortunately, I don't remember if you should use them or avoid them.. Beyond that, there's not much you can do. How the text is delivered is under control of the carrier.

• Have to click 'Accept' every time sending file via BT from mobile phone

This is not much of an issue, but more of a need.
    It takes forever and is quite annoying to sit by the computer and click "Accept" for every picture sent via my mobile phone.
    Is there any way to accept connection for certain amount of time, or maybe pair up devices so that PC doesn't require authentication?

Go into the security settings and turn off the BIP receive confirmation.
    If it should not work, then turn off OPP (OBEX) and maybe also ftp receive confirmation as well
    This is because I do not know which mobile phone you are using and which functions (Bluetooth profiles) are supported by it to transfer information.

• Print out a text message from mobile phone!

I have my Droid hooked up to my home computer and I'm trying to download ( or print ) a text conversation. Is their a way of doing this? Anyone know???

There are applications in the Play Store that will backup the text messages to an XML file and save it to the phone's storage memory. You can then copy or email the XML file to your computer. On the computer you can open the file in Internet Explorer or another program compatible with XML files. Once open you can print it out to a hard copy.
    There are similar application that will backup the text conversations to an email address if you prefer.

• Retrieve SMS content from mobile phone using PC throught USB

To all the experts in Java, anyone knows how to do the above title using Java please leave your solutions here. It will be more pleasure if u can leave some source code or any references website.
    Thanks in advance.

hi,
    i am working to achieve the same goal too.but on linux..
    so plz lemme know if u get some info abt the above topic.
    which OS r u using?
    ill do the same if i get any info
    thank u

• Nokia 5310 Is it possible to send a sms message fr...

Hi Guys
    I am using a Nokia 5310 and was wondering if it was possible to send a sms message from my phone to my computer via Bluetooth? I can't seem to find an option to do this and don't know whether I am missing it or if it's just not possible.
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thanks Claire xxx

You can't send an SMS. However, if the phone (I don't know the 5310) has a note-taking application where you can create text notes/memos, the application might have an option to send the note/memo over Bluetooth. You might also be able to find some Java application to send text messages (still not SMS, technically) over Bluetooth, if the phone doesn't have such a feature built-in.

• Send e-mail from mobile phone

Hello all!!
    Please, could you tell me if i can send a e-mail message from mobile phone, using JavaME.
    Could I use Java Mail API on my mobile phone?
    Does Java ME support Java Mail API or what can I do to use it?
    If its impossible, how can I send a e-mail message from mob?
    Thanks for reply...

JavaMail requires TCP and an email server.
    And it requires memory for the class files.
    So whether you can use it on your phone depends on both of the above.

• IPhone 4S: SMS Messages labelled by phone number not by name

When I send an SMS message from my iPhone 4S it shows up labelled by my contact's name but when I receive a reply, it shows up as a new message labelled by their phone number. How can I fix this?

TheDave, That's correct, I'm sending it to their phone numbers.
    I've figured something out:
    When I imported all of my 3G info in the the 4GS, all of my past text messages were labelled by phone number. I read on another post that you could fix the name/number issue by placing a 1 before the phone number. It worked. However, now when any of my contacts call or text message me their names don't display.
    I'm going to go back and take all the +1s off to see if that fixes the issue for new calls and messages. Is there anyway to get me old texts to display by name?

• Can we use MIDP 1.0 to send SMS from mobile phone to server

hello,
    I want to develop MIDlet which send sms from mobile phone to server
    using midp 1.0
    and also if any one knows about the mobile phone which suppoet midp 1.0 (java enabled) then tell me
    thanks in advance
    s.j.koradiya

hi,
    SMS API(WMA) is an optional package. It is not a MIDP1.0 or MIDP2.0 api's.
    There are phones which has WMA api with MIDP1.0 support .... Nokia 3650
    Seimens has some phone with their own api's to send sms.Check out seimens site for more info
    BTW, What do you mean buy sending SMS to Server????
    If you want to send message to server you can do it with Http.
    HTH
    phani

• How do i send sms messages from my mac to a phone

the gurl from apple said i could send sms messages from my imac to a phone. How do i di that?

Hi Lanny,
    Actually those two pics don't tell you what you need to know.
    The First is correct as it can be from the Messages app but the second goes to no way to tell you how to do and b fact does not even mention SMS messages.
    @ 10411
    You will need to have an AIM or AIM Valid name that you can add to the Messages > Preferences > Accounts at the + icon below the list.
    Next the Mac need to be in the United States.
    Go to System Preferences > Language and Text and set the Region to the Untied States.
    (In iChat this added SMS items to some of the Menus in iChat)
    The iPhone has to be on a Carrier that is in the United States   See list
    Which in turn means the phone number is a United States one (+1 country code)
    This means you add the Cell/mobile number as if it were a Buddy to an AIM list.
    So Creating an Address Card for "SMS Test" and adding the mock number +1234567890 to that I get this in Messages  (Mousing over the Name to see the "Screen Name" which is the number in this case)
    Basically this is a feature that iChat has always had since AIM included a link to SMS to certain Phones.
    Messages does everything iChat did/does and this includes SMS Messaging via an AIM Buddy list even though in this case the Menu items has disappeared.
    AS has been said there are also other methods.
    8:24 PM      Saturday; April 6, 2013
      iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.3)
     G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
     MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
     Mac OS X (10.6.8),
     Couple of iPhones and an iPad
    "Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

• Sending Class 2 SMS from mobile phone

hi all,
    i need to send Class 2 SMS (data coding scheme, dcs class 2) from mobile phone to another. But due to WMA 1.1 Spec all SMS must be class 1. So, is it impossible to send class-2 SMS from mobile phone??!
    The platform is nokia s40. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    dm

Hello,
    I need some help for my project....I'm working to an application who send a SMS from a PC tu mobile....Onto mobile I need to install a j2me application that receive the SMS from PC and send that SMS to other PC (using infrared or bluetooth)... I wait for advices.
    Thank you!

• Send sms message from pc to mobile

hi...
    what we need to send sms message from pc to mobile and how can send it ????
    plz give me step by step
    thx

Sending an sms message from your PC can be done in many ways. Firstly this can be send via email, simply type in the to field the number followed by the gateway. for example, [email protected] There are also a number of websites that allows you to do this simple search google for "send text message" and will see a list. The one I use is [http://www.wetextfree.com] it works and its free. Hope this helps you.

• How to send sms message from webdynpro to mobile

Hi
    i am working on QA project.when system QA parameters are above standard values ,then i need to send SMS  message to Mobile of supervisor.Can anybody suggest how to implement this?
    Thanks
    Prasad

Hai,
    Create a web service model for this web servicehttp://www.webservicex.net/SendSMS.asmx?WSDL
    this web service provides sms service through india.
    But it can only work :If your mobile number is 098XXXXXXXX ,Please enter as 98XXXXXXXX
    Create a view with two input fields (ToMobilenumber, from mail Addrees)
    Create a textedit Elemnt (Message).
    Create a button set the parameters to your web service and execute it.
    regards,
    Naga Raju

Maybe you are looking for

• Issues with creating EXE in LV 9 (w/ patch)

When creating an executable in LV 9 (with the new patch installed), it is taking around 7 to 8 minutes to create the executable... where as in LV 8.5 it only took around 1 minute (same VI no changes). After the EXE is done I go into my build folder a

• JComboBox: how to capture the internal list  events?

Hi Does anybody know how to capture JComboBox internal list events, what I mean is when I click the box arrow button a list of the items pops up and as you move the mouse inside that list up and down, an items gets highlighted. So I am interested in

• Re ordering Sort in stacked view chart of Pivot table

Hi, I have a requirement to order the stack in a certain way rather than alphabetical. In my criteria I have a case statement that assigns 1, 2 or 3 and orders that column. But what is the syntax for me to do an order by? Please help. Thank you.

• Some user preferences lost

My brand-new Mac Mini was fine last night as of midnight. Sometime today, many but not all of my user preferences/software registration settings were lost. Eudora will not open, with an error message in the console log, Couldn't reopen address book d

• EHP installer - could not connect to JSPM

This is EHP upgrade on PI. Using EHP installer prepare went thru fine for Abap, while during the java in the configuration phase, it updated the JSPM to the latest. JSPM works fine if we use it in standalone mode (like ./go). But in the EHP installer