Refund Policy on a new non-working T430

Anyone knows what is Lenovo policy on returning the 'lemon' new laptop and receiving refund. I am totally frustrated with the T430 that I received yesterday. I want nothing to do anymore with this laptop and Lenovo. I just want my money back. Below is the description of the problem I encountered as posted in shipping thread.
Is Lenovo fair to address lemon laptops? I called their tech support and opened a case within 24 hours of receving the laptop. I also tried calling their sales line but was closed for the weekend. I also called Amex and stopped payment to Lenovo.
Anyone has any past experiences to share about returning laptop and refund process.
"Well, I would have waited for a decent quality laptop for another month. But Lenovo sent me a lemon. I received the T430 laptop yesterday that I ordered 8/15.
Even after 24 hours, I can not get the laptop to work. Out of the box, it gave me a message that configuration has changed and then kept rebooting. I couldn't get the laptop to stop rebooting even after trying repair and system restore in safe mode that failed. Finally, I had to wipe the disk clean and install my own copy of Win7 to get the laptop to stay up.
I was hoping that this long weekend, I will setup laptop but looks like it is not happening. Anytime I update through Lenovo Solution Center, laptop goes into continuous reboot. I am doing another clean install to see if it stays up.
I called their sales line to ask to return the laptop and refund but they were closed. I am calling Mon/Tues again to return this POS and demanding my refund. I already called AMEX to stop payment to Lenovo. No more Lenovo, what a piece of cr*p they sent, shody manufacturing and poor quality control. I am never buying another Lenovo again."

Hey Anilkg,
I am sry that you are not happy with your T430 and that it didn't meet your expectations. I have had T430 and enjoy it a lot and has meet my needs very well. Here is the return policy:
Return Policy
Lenovo will accept the return or exchange of a Product in its original package for a full refund in cases of Lenovo error (*see gift card policy below). Returns allowed for any other reason will be subject to a restocking fee equal to 15% of the purchase amount (*see gift card policy below). All returns must be initiated within 21 days of the invoice date. Lenovo does not provide refunds or credits for portions of a packaged offering provided at a single price or for preloaded software Products installed by Lenovo. To initiate a return, contact 1-866-428-4465 to obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). Any authorized return must include the Product and all accessories in the original packaging, along with all documentation (including invoice, RMA and original shipping label), and must be received at the Lenovo National Return Center within 10 days of obtaining the RMA. Returns that do not follow these steps may be refused by Lenovo, and customer assumes risk of loss and damage for packages returned without an RMA.
If you acquired a software Product separate from a hardware Product, and paid a license fee, you may return the software Product in its original, sealed package within 21 days of the date of invoice and obtain a refund or credit, if you do not agree to the license terms provided with the software Product.
*Gift Cards are not returnable, redeemable for cash, or replaceable if lost or stolen.
Here is a link if you have any other questions:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/special-offers.workflowhowPro...
If you have any other questions please post back and we would be more then happy to help you in anyway we can to help give you a better experience.
Best Regards,
Hiro
Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!

Similar Messages

• When i click on a link on a website it opens a new non working white page on (MAC) when i know the link works

when i click on a link on a website it opens a new non working white page on (MAC) when i know the link works

It sounds like your computer may be infected with some sort of a virus / Malware.
    I suggest the following resources:
    [[Is my Firefox problem a result of malware |Is my Firefox problem a Result of Malware]] is a Mozilla Support article with some good tips on avoiding and fighting malware.
    To double check your system is clean, do the following (Not official Mozilla advice, just good practice from personal experience)
    Download and Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, run a full Scan. [http://www.malwarebytes.org/ http://www.malwarebytes.org/]
    Download and Run TDSSKiller [http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363 http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363]
    Download and Install Microsoft Security Essentials [http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials] (not an official endorsement, but I personally recommend MSE as an awesome permanent anti-virus)
    Double check for all Windows Updates.
    Also, I noticed you have the coupon printer installed. I would go to Start, Control Panel, then programs and features and uninstall the coupon Printer from inside there. It can cause some problems with Firefox.
    If you are still having problems with Malware after that, I would recommend either [http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/ http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/], or having your computer cleaned by a professional.

• Refund policy on a dead new playbook

Hello,
    I purchased a playbook a few weeks ago and have been quite impressed up until now. It ate through my data plan and has crashed without reason. I regret taking a chance with such a faulty product and wondered if there was a refund policy.

Don't sell it scrap parts, you have 90 days of complimentary support by RIM, call them right away and have an agent help you out.  Worst case scenario would be an RMA.  Good luck!
    "Lost in space in search of a cosmic gate"
    Momo

• Refund policy and Customer Care (not)

I just want new users to be aware that pay-as-you-go payments are not refunded to you if you decide you do not want to use skype any longer.  I found this out the hard way.  The customer care team I chatted with was rude and arrogant.  I downloaded skype for one reason only which was an online interview.  It ended up costing me nothing, but I had made a call to my mobile phone which used $.08 of my pay-as-you-go, so now they tell me it is non-refundable.
    Make sure you know what you are doing when you work with Skype... it is unforgiving for novices like myself.

Hello and welcome to the Skype Community.
    Our refund policy is clearly stated here:
     https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12147/when-can-i-get-a-refund
    TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.
    I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac
    If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
    Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.

• Refund policy in India

Hi all,
    Never buy any Nokia Lumia 710 phone. I bought Lumia 710 on 12 Feb 2012. After less then a day's usage when it is dead. It didnt work even after replacing the battery. I spent 15k on this and within a week it is dead set.
    I asked for a new phone but was told that it will be decided by company whether they will repair this one or give me a new one. When I ask for refund I was told that Nokia has no refund policy (though they have policy to sell junk to customers). Just after a days usage if I get repaired/refurbished set then I think there is no point in buying Nokia phones.
    Spread the message people
    I was told that they dont have a refund policy in India.I think they are treating customers differently in different countries. If this problem would have been faced by someone in EUor USA Nokia would have refunded the money.
    Can someone comment on this and let me know what happen in EU / US/other countries.

Hi peyush,
    I'm sorry to hear about the situation. If you have bought the phone from a retailer, you should contact them for possible refund. 
    If you have bought it straight from Nokia shop, then contact them for possible refund if you are entitled to it according to the consumer Protection Act in your country. If the return policy is not valid anymore, then they have the right to try to fix the faulty device.
    Please contact your local Nokia Care line if you need further assistance with this matter.
    Jampe
    If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.

• Understanding iTunes Store refund policy, technical problems

Hi,
    I was using an iOS app and made an in-app purchase. The app only worked with my previous network* and doesn't run with the new carrier, therefore I can no more access to and benefit from my in-app purchase. I was refused a refund or an equivalent replacement. The response that I received from iTunes support was confusing. The representative referred to the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions Refund Policy and said all sales were final. In the same section of the policy, it also says:
    If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, your exclusive and sole remedy is either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Apple.
    Isn't it my case that due to a technical problem I cannot access to the product that I purchased? I'm trying to understand.
    *PS: The app said it would only work for that particular network and for 2 years after first run unless an in-app purchase was made. Apparently, in-app purchase was only voiding the 2-year limit, not the network restriction, which was not clear.

Onur,  the "technical problem" clause is so that Apple will make good if they sell a defective product.
    According to your footnote, the app was correctly labeled as to its network limitation.  It worked fine until you chose to change networks, which is a change instigated by you, not a technical problem.
    We are fellow users, and do not convey official Apple policy.  However, based on the facts you have provided, there was neither a technical defect nor a fraudulent representation of the app's capabilities. 
    Maybe you could make a fuss that the wording led you to believe that an in-app purchase would make the app work on other networks in the future.  But that sounds like stretch. 

• Being new to working with Mac, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to set my Mac Book Pro wirelessly to the Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark ll? My husband had gotten this printer and the sales person said that it can be set up wirelessly to my Mac Book Pro

Being new to working with a Mac, I was wondering if anyone can tell me step, by step on how to set up my Mac Book Pro(Mid 2012) wirelessly to a Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark ll that my husband had gotten me? Sales person told him that it's compatiable to my Mac Book Pro, Mtn Lion, but I do not see it and I don't see how to do it wirelessly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ;o)

Hello:
    There is nothing wrong with asking questions.  There  are no dumb questions....answers, yes, but not questions. 
    If you set up your wi-fi router to establish a network, then both your printer and MacBook Pro will connect wirelessly.  *** I do not know what kind of router you possess, I don't want to suggest things that might not be relevant.
    Barry
    P.S. No need to apologize!  Most of the people here (none of us are Apple employees) enjoy trying to help others. 

• Whenever I go to iTunes with my iPod 5th generation 32 gb iPod Touch, running iOS 8.0.2, It tells me that the "Other" category is using up 14.59 gb of data. I have no clue why it says this and I have searched the internet for fixes and none worked.

Whenever I go to iTunes with my iPod 5th generation 32 gb iPod Touch, running iOS 8.0.2, It tells me that the "Other" category is using up 14.59 gb of data. I have no clue why it says this and I have searched the internet for fixes and none worked. I have tried on a windows and a mac and noticed no change. I have tried restoring to a backup but that didn't help. I haven't had time to do a full restore but I will try if the problem persists.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.
    What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It
    What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?
    Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.
    To restore from backup see:
    iOS: How to back up
    To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:
    iTunes: Restoring iOS software

• HT4972 My iPhone 4 is using 4.3.3 and I want to update to iSO 6.1.  I can back it up and it starts to download it through iTunes but then I get an error message 0xE8000067.  Tried all the things on the apple support site.  None worked.

My iPhone 4 is using 4.3.3 and I want to update to iSO 6.1.  I can back it up and it starts to download it through iTunes but then I get an error message 0xE8000067.
    Tried all the things on the apple support site (checked USB port, deleted the 3 exe files in Task Manager, tried a new cable).  None worked.  Got the same message on my old computer.
    Any ideas??

Amazing help from apple support over the phone.  Restoring the computer fixed the problem.

• Some pdf & doc won't download... tried fixes under 'FF keeps opening many tabs or windows' but none worked... these files open in Safari & Google Chrome.

Some pdf & doc files won't download. The "You Have Chosen to Open" pop-up appears but when I hit 'Save File", it goes away and the file is not saved. The corrupted files show up in mac download file as .part but don't show up in ff download file. Tried suggestions in "Firefox keeps opening many tabs or windows" on this website but none worked.

This is most likely Firefox's new "built in" PDF Viewer giving you the trouble.
    First, in Firefox, type "about:config" (minus the quotes) in the address bar. This will open the Firefox configuration file. You'll see a warning. Click that you'll be careful, and open the configurer.
    At the top there is a search bar. Type "js" (again, minus the quotes).
    In the list of results you'll see pdfjsdisabled with a value of "false". Right click it and select Toggle to make it read "true".
    Click Firefox>Preferences and under the Applications tab, scroll down to Adobe Acrobat Document. Click the drop down on the right side and choose "Use Adobe Reader (default)".
    That should take care of it for you.

• Purchased a non-working iphone 4 and am in need of help

Okay, so I purchased a non-working iphone 4 off of ebay, because sadly that was the only way I could afford one.  Anyway, I began breaking it down piece by piece last night so that I might be able to narrow down what was wrong with it.  And that is where I need the help of the apple community.  I have cleaned all the contact metal on the inner part of the iphone, cleaned the logic board, the charging port.  The person I bought it from said that it would randomly restart while charging, and once you unplugged it from charging, it would shut off.  So far, I have not even been able to get it to charge at all, and therefore, no random restarting either.  I was able to get it to come back on after I had cleaned everything off and put it back together, even tried to restore it through itunes, but it got stuck on the apple logo, and brought up two different errors on two different occasions, 1603 and 21.  I am relieved that there is nothing wrong with the lcd screen or the digitizer, as I know those are expensive.  I already have a new battery ordered for it that should be here tomorrow along with a charging port as well because the previous owner said it could probably use a battery, and I just went ahead and ordered the charging port just in case there might be something wrong with it as well.  My question is, is it possible that the logic board could be bad in my iphone, and could that be also causing my iphone not to charge, or restore to ios 6.1.3?  All help is appreciated.  Thanks.
    James Arden

Is it possible?  Yes. Very much so.
    The iPhone is not user serviceable. Apple does not sell iPhone parts. Apple won't touch it now that its been opened. Try checking ifixit.com for help. There's not much we can tell you.

• How to forward support messages to SAP in non-working time automatically?

Hi colleagues and Happy New Year!
    I have a question: how to forward support messages to SAP at non-working time automatically?
    Details:
    when a support message is created at working time it shouldn't leave my system, but when
    a support message is created at non working time, for example, on saturday night it should be sent to SAP automatically. Where in the system I can find the options to customize it to provide these requirements?
    Edited by: Helen Rudnikovskaja on Jan 3, 2009 12:36 PM

Hi These 2 notes wil solve your problem,
    Note 1084744 - Problems with the automatic function "Send to SAP"
    Note 1225682
    Pls assign pts.

• My mini ipod appears off and not respond to any commands when pressed the buttons to reset, apple logo appeared and then the apple support site and it shuts down. already tried all the steps, but none worked, and when I plug it into my computer it does no

My mini ipod appears off and not respond to any commands when pressed the buttons to reset, apple logo appeared and then the apple support site and it shuts down. already tried all the steps, but none worked, and when I plug it into my computer it does not appear in the iTunes bar. what do I do?

If MacKeeper corrupted the Recovery partition then even I underestimated its potential for damage. Garbage "cleaning" apps will cause misery but I have not found that the Recovery partition to have been affected by using MacKeeper or anything like it. I doubt that it did so, but I have learned not to underestimate the potential for such things to result in system corruption.
    Before concluding your Mac has a hardware failure, try booting OS X Internet Recovery by holding command option r on startup (three fingers). That will force your iMac to bypass the Recovery partition altogether, and convey the ability to create a new one.
    An Internet connection will be required (wired or wireless).
    At the Mac OS X Utilities screen, select Disk Utility. Select your startup volume (usually named "Macintosh HD") and click the Repair Disk button. Describe any errors it reports in red. If Disk Utility reports "The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK" in green then you can be reasonably (though not completely) assured your hard disk is in good working order.
    Assuming the HD remains usable you can then use Disk Utility to erase it. Reinstall OS X, restore your essential software and other files, and don't reinstall the junk.

• Resource availability during Non-Working Hours and Weekends

Hi Gurus,
    Aim: Make the Resource available during Non-Working Hours and Weekends
    Requirement: CRP functionality enabling
    In CRC2 I have selected capacity tab and in capacity header under 'Change Interval and Shifts' button. I have Inserted a new Interval period and given the validity from/to dates(Non-Working day - Saturday) and Saved.
    When i execute the Capacity Planning CM01, there is no change. The Resource availability still shows as "0"hrs for this particular date and for rest of the days it shows as 8hrs.
    I have checked the same even after executing the MRP, No change in Capacity Planning Overview - Still the available Capacity Showas as 0
    Please guide me, how can i use my resource during the holidays. Means make the system understand that the defined day is a working day though it is holiday as per factory calendar
    Please correct me whether am i missing any settings or i should follow some other logic
    Regards,
    Tam

Hi Partha,
    In workdays i dont have any such option "2"
    As per standard list I could see only 3 entries in the possible values(F4) popup
    "Blank" - Working days according to factory calendar
    "0" - Non-Working days(Overrides factory Calendar)
    "1" - orking days(Overrides factory Calendar)
    I have even tried with option "0" and "1" its still the same, when i enter the period From and To date the fields for the entries Shift start and end date, workday, Shift Seq, Length of the shift, No.of shifts.........are jumping to the next line item.
    Because of which i understand that the entered values is not corresponds to the newly defined period
    Pls guide me to how to make the resource available during non working days
    Regards,
    TamNen

• Scheduling changeover times in non working times

PP/DS heuristics and or the PP/DS optimiser will not automatically place changeover times in non working times, however other smaller APS systems have such functionality. Has anyone come across this or have a method to use to get APO to do this? May be it should be a new development?

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes i am aware of this setting - this is the standard approach, however do you know of a way automatically (heuristic or optimiser) schedule the set up segment of an order into non working times whilst keeping the produce section in productive time? I know you can amend the strategy and use that in the heuristic but it will schedule all parts of the order in the non working time if it can.
    Thanks
    Fred

Maybe you are looking for

• Custom Windows 8.1 .WIM doesn't work via WDS, works OK manually

Hello, I have a very peculiar situation; I've created a custom Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 image, but when I deploy it using Windows Deployment Services on Windows Server 2012 R2, using the Windows 8.1 Enterprise x86 boot.wim as the Windows Deployment

• Wage Type  is not valid for allowance grouping

Gurus     When i am Executing PC00_M40_TERM and entered Details then in very next screen it is with error    ''Wage Type  is not valid for allowance grouping '' The Issue is showing generic and No specific Wage type shown in error. ABAP Team also Deb

• Java.lang.SecurityException using a simple jar file

I created my small application using JDev 11. Running from JDev it works well. I created a simple jar file including all my classes and all libraries I used. Whe I try to run that jar file I get : java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest section for

• A second monitor

i just set up a second monitor. i now have two identical screens in front of me. i was really hoping for one screen that's twice as big kinda thing. can i set that up? and if yes, how do i do it in OSX 10.3.9? thanks powermac G4   Mac OS X (10.3.9)  

• Audio quits 15 minutes in...

A simple VHS home movie conversion into iMovie keeps going wrong. The movie is fine, we export it to iDVD and the preview is fine. BUt when we burn it the audio drops out completely about 15 minutes into the movie. We tried extracting the audio for t