Rescue & Recovery Backup Failing on T60

Hi all -- I'd appreciate any help on the following problem:
I've been performing regular backups of my T60 to an external HDD via USB for about a year now. I've been using Rescue & Recovery version 3.10.0022.00. Everything's been fine until a couple of weeks ago when after about 20 minutes into the backup, a message popped up that said "Backup did not complete sucessfully."
The R&R help files are worthless in terms of any sort of troubleshooting information.
I have 99 GB of space left on the external drive (at least according to R&R), and the HDD that I'm backing up has signficantly less data than 99 GB so I don't think space is a problem. (Curiously, before I ran the first backup that failed, R&R said I had about 110 or 120 GB free, and only after failing the first time and subsequent times did it say I only had 99 GB free).
I've read of people solving some of their R&R problems by reinstalling, but I'm afraid that the newly installed software won't recognize the backups already taken, and I'll be forced to delete them. I don't want to do this for several reasons.
Can anyone help?
Many thanks.

Hi, eacuni.
I have no solution to this but am sharing your experience.
I am running Windows XP on a T60 FDG1951. Ever since I installed XP Service Pack 3 Rescue and Recovery has not been working properly while before that time I never had problems creating backups. Since installing SP3, Rescue and Recovery aborts backing up 100% of the time, showi ng an error message that simply states either that creating the backup was unsuccessful or - even more simply - that it was aborted. No explanation offered.
Uninstalling Rescue and Recovery and newly installing the most recent version (4.21.0016.00), as the IBM/lenovo helpdesk suggested, didn't help any, either. Nor can it be a problem of a lack of space on my hard drive: I'm creating (trying to create, that is) my backups on an external USB drive with a lush 220 GB free.
So can anyone of you out there please help poor eacuni and me?
Thanks!
Thomas

Similar Messages

• Rescue & Recovery blue screen on T60 with XP and SSD

Hi everyone.
    On my T60 (2008-VPT) with Windows XP SP3, I installed an SSD (Verbatim 240 GB). I've done a clone of the old HD on the new SSD and than I installed it on the T60.
    All is fine, but when I try to do a backup with Rescue & Recovery 4.23, after 1 hour BLUE SCREEN appair.
    With the paging file the message was KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR, I set No paging file, but another time blue screen, without precedente message but only with code error 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x898E9DA0, 0x898E9F14, 0x805D22AA).
    Any Idea?
    Thank's a lot for your help
    Fabrizio
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi
    Welcome to Lenovo Community
    Please try to uninstall the Rescue & Recovery  then reinstall the same
    And try backup again
    Hope This Helps
    Cheers!!!

• Rescue & Recovery backup - where ?

Hello,
    I created backup by R&R,latest version (Win 7), but i have a question:
    - where R&R save backup file? In special partition?
    My backup have ~25GB - this info displays R7R, but Rescue paertition = 16GB,
    It is cpmpresed and save into this special partition? Probably, because I cannot found
    backup file on my hard drive.
    Please help,
    Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    1) if you will search it this way, then you will not find it, because RnR is not storing the backup as one file, but usually as multiple ~63MB files. Try to unhide all folders and check your C:\, or OS driver. It's surelly there.
    Also for this situation, as you want to copy the files,.... please don't do it manually. Please use RnR to copy the backup to other location, like for example External UBC HDD, or network share.
    For more info, please read the RnR Manual:
    http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/rnr43dg.pdf
    2) Of course both options are possible for RnR. You can create a special bootable CD and also your can boot into RnR Partition usein F11.
    Here is the basic, how it's working:
    As the RnR backup, that is placed on the local HDD, is hiden and also protected, once you will not be able to boot into your OS and the HDD will still stay bootable, then you still will be able to boot into RnR partition that can read the backup folder and you can restore the system.
    Of course in RnR you can create a bootable CD, or you can place a backup on a CD/DVD, while the first DVD  from the set is always bootable.
    Please let me know, if you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to help.
    Please also note that in the manual, that I described above are all the informations, that are usefull for RnR.
    Cheers

• OneKey Recovery - backup fails in Windows 10

Using OneKey Recovery version 8.1.0.2619 on Windows 10 Home I'm trying to create a backup on an external hard drive and it crashes on the "Initializing.." phase with the error:
    Exception thrown at 0x00007FFF6AB73B62 (SBREngine.dll) in OneKey Recovery.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000023B64880. Is there something I can do to make it work or do I have to wait for the next version? Thanks,
    Adam Tal

Hi Don, you don't mention the APP, Method, nor destination of this Backup.

• Rescue & Recovery backup

After reformatting my pc and setting it up I backed up my hard drive to DVD-RWs. This took an awfully long time. After all the disks had been written to and nothing had happened for a while I closed down R&R. To my dismay a window popped up telling me that the backup had been cancelled.
    I now have a set of backup disks but I don't know whether, in view of the "backup cancelled" message, I could use them to restore my hard drive. Should I start from scratch with new disks?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

The moved post was from another member asking about a 3000 notebook problem.
    I would suggest you err on the side of safety and  create another set of discs.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• Error message on start up....Rescue & Recovery Backup has encountered a problem and must close

Does anyone know how to make it go away?  I can't seem to even launch that program.
    Thank you :-)

Hello Lotta, welcome to Lenovo forums!
    Please tell us your type, model number, not S/N, and used OS please.
    That will help us to help you.
    Please also tell us more what you did before, updates, adding some other software, before you got this message.
    Message Edited by Agotthelf on 11-04-2009 09:32 AM
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

• Rescue & Recovery can't find by backups - EXCEPT in the restore function. Help

I recently optimized   files, including placement
    on disk - machine now flies.  I wanted to start from scratch with R&R).  So,
    deleted all backups on Local and USB.
    I launched a Base Backup - initiated manually,  shut down,
    rebooted, came back up could not view backups - Message 'NO BACKUPS
    FOUND' hen trying from 'view all back-ups', or 'delete backups' from Advanced
    menu.  However I can find them using RESTORE FROM BACKUP.
    Repeated starting with a new backup, same results exactly, except
    now I have two BASE backups.  I even booted to the TV R&R
    environment maybe find things there.  No luck - no ability to initiate a backup from Boot TV
    environment, but could restore from the two backups.
    I see no other choice other than uninstall 3.01?  Do you?  However, the newest
    version out there is 4.22.. Any reason why I shouldn't upgrade to the
    newest release?  I read all the warning, installation notes, bugs, etc., none seem to apply to me.
    If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it, or if you know any
    reason why 4.22 is not a good option...?
    Thanks in advance
    Rescue & Recovery version 3.01 T60 machine type = 2623 - Model -
    D7U 
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

After deciding to recover a large amount of disk space, and start over with a new BASE - so deleted off all backups (I have a set on DVD's).  Used the Delete Backups under the Advanced tab. Version 3.01.0037.
    Ran a new base backup (successful), but when trying to look at it using every available function in R&R - it could not find any backup " ".  Kept on messing around until low and behold, when attempting to do a restore, it finds the backups and lets me restore from it.  I could have lived with it but every backup it took (I tried two more) were each bases meaning big consumer of harddrive space.
    Mistake one - called Lenovo (3 year contract), they suggested upgrade to most current version of R&R 4.21 or 4.22.  Walked me through it (no worries) and got new one installed.  PS:  Version 4 has some new very slick features.  Ran backup (I monitored using Task Manager - processes) - ran for a couple of hours never consuming more than one % of CPU.  Cancel button inoperative - eventually had to shut down machine.  When booted up again, R&R Processes continue to run and all attempts to start R&R unsuccessful.
    Back to Lenovo - eventually tried with 3 other release versions (all R4), same results.  They suggest reimage platform and start over.  Note:  I had no problems whatsoever until trying to recover space from R&R by deleting backups.
    Gave up on Lenovo and reinstalled V3.01.0042 (most recent R3 version).  Everything appears to run fine.  Doing backups, can see them, tried a couple of restores, everything worked perfectly.
    New variable.  Was convinced that XP sp/3 had been out there long enough, over a year,so decided to install.  First thing, take a new backup even though the base was less than 48 hours old.
    It became evident very evident that SP/3 had caused a lot of instability to my machine.  BSOD's all over the place, so decided to go back.  My first approach,  go back by restoring to my last backup using R&R. (at least the Window System since everything else had not changed).  I started in Windws to select which backup and what I wanted to do.    R&R then shut down Windows and began firing up the R&R boot space in order to do the Windows restore.
    Here's the reason I ended up at this NTLDR post, was after stopping temporarily with the delete of the MBR, I thought I might reinstall version 3.02.0042 and see if that had any impact on the MBR.  So, I installed it, ran a delta backup which ran quick since hadn't changed much, then shut down and attempted to boot into the R&R Recovery Space.  Low and Behold, I get the NTLDR is Compressed - message .  Which took me here.
     I followed your advice and downloaded the files and burned them to a diskette, ran the diskette, then tried to boot into the recovery space.
    To my surprise, Version 4 of R&R fired up (where did that come from when I had uninstalled all version 4's using the Add/Remove program function).  And of course, once it was all loaded it gave me the message that it couldn't find the backup Record where it expected it to be (it was on an external USB drive).  
      So now, I need to figure out how to get rid of Version 4 on the MBR so I can load it again with the right version.  Lenovo suggested to be that could be accomplished by doing the following:
    Uninstall R&R v 3.01 - using add/remove programs
    Boot into Bios - Disable Pre-Desktop - save and exit.
    Uninstall R&R v 3.01 - using add/remove programs
    Boot into Bios - Disable Pre-Desktop - save and exit.
    Reboot into Windows
    Right click on My Computer, select Manage - get to Disk Manager - select the Service partition of the C hard drive (the MBR) and Delete the Service partition.
    Install the new 3.01version of R&R (and it will also rebuild the with the proper version - the only one it now knows about.)
    I got as far as the Delete the Service Partition, but the computer would not let me delete it.  In fact, it would allow me to delete the primary NTFS partition, but the delete was grayed out on the Fat32 Service Partition.
    So, my next step is to install Norton Partition Magic and use that  to remove the Fat32 Service Partition.  But before I do so I need to know that what I am doing has a good potential to solve the problems I am having, and not just compounding the problems to the point where I will have no choice but to reload with a factory image and manually bring it forward (not fun)
    One question i had for you, on the NTLDR diskette, you didn't have anything on it that would load R&R v4 into the MBR did you?  I didn't think so.
    do you think the solution suggested will work?  And any potential pitfalls I should be aware of,or if you have a better idea, I am all ears.
    Thanks so much in advance for your assistance.
    Regards
    Fred J
    Message Edited by andyP on 11-15-2008 09:09 PM

• Remove rescue and recovery backups, without r&r?

I have i little problem, i have a 90gb r&r-backup on my external harddrive.
    I've just reinstalled the computer(thinkpad r61), without any thinkvantage-programs!
    when i try to delete the "rrbackups" it says it has write protection and i cant get rid of the write protection...
    i tried it in safe mode too...

RNR was not supported on win8.  I would assume it is not supported on Win 10.Is your extenal backup location a USB-HDD or a Second hard drive?Refer to the following post to get security access to the RNR backup folder \RRbackups. After you get security access, you will be able to delete the folder. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/How-can-I-see-my-Rescue-Recovery-backup-files-on-a-USB-drive/m-p/986305/highlight/true#M21936 Additional folders on the USB-Hdd/Second HDD used by standalone (bootable) rnr:\boot\efi\preboot\tvtosfile bootmgrfile bootmgr.efi To be on the safe side, just delete \rrbackups and leave standalone RNR intact. 

• Recovery from backup failed

I tried to restore my T400 from a backup using the Rescue & Recovery utility.  The process started and after automatically rebooting, I now have a DOS screen that reads: "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows root\system32\hal.dll
    The system did not come with any disks, so how to I restore my system?  I don't need to restore from a backup because their is nothing I need to keep from the previous working version.
    Thanks in advance.

If you want to restore to new condition you need to do a "Restore to factory condition" from Rescue and Recovery, not from a backup.
    T60 2623-D7U, 3 GB Ram. Dual boot XP and Linux Mint.
    T400 2765-T7U Windows 7
    Registered Linux User #160145
    FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo

• Rescue & Recovery lists no backups on Iomega USB eGO disk

Hi,
    I have been using an Iomega eGO external USB drive for backups.
    I have been able to list and remove backups (when required) when in Windows 7 and running Rescue & Recovery, but I am unable to get a list of backups when booting from a Recovery DVD into Rescue & Recovery.
    Basically I am replacing the unencrypted hard drive with an SSD that supports encryption.
    The aim was to use a full backup made immediately prior to removing the HDD to restore the full system.
    When booting from the recovery DVD, the Rescue & Recovery utility doesn't list any backups, even when the tick box for listing backups for other systems is checked.
    It makes no difference whether selecting ALL locations or External USB Drive.
    Any ideas?
    Backups aren't much good if you can't retrieve them.
    If my old disk had failed then I'd be in a worse state than this. I can't say that I'm impressed.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello and welcome,
    Has R&R been updated since you made your bootable DVD?  It's possible there's a version mismatch between your backups and your R&R DVD.
    You might try burning a new rescue CD - or whatever it's called on your machine, "bootable media" maybe.  That may be able to find your backups.
    Z.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Recovery from backup fails... what to do?

My iPhone 3gs has been getting slower and slower over some time now. Sometimes it could take up to one minuet to lock the phone after pressing the button. Also my photos was unavailable from the iPhone, every time I tried to access the photos or an application tried to save a photo, the app crashed. So I decided that it might be an idea to take a backup start over on the phone. Recovery to factory settings seems to go fine, and efter I unlock the sim card for the first time, I am asked if I would like to recover from itunes, iCould or make a new phone. I select itunes and connect to my computer, it downloads all data to the phone, and begins to reboot. In the reboot, it freezes on the screen with the apple logo and the statusbar on approxemately 15 %. I have tried a couple of times now, and it is exactly the same place each time. I have tried holding lock and home buttons down and forcing a reboot, I have tried to download several older firmwares to recover form, I have downloaded the newest iTunes, I have tried waiting for hours hoping that the statusbar will start moving again, but all without any luck...
    I suspect that something was corrupted in my image folder causing all image programs to fail, and maybe it is the same that has been transferred to the backup, and that is causing my recovery to fail.
    Is there a way to check/change the contents of a backup before reloading it?
    Or does anyone have any other ideas to how I can get my data back from the backup?
    Waiting with anticipation
    With best regards
    Kristian Mørck

I'm not aware of anything that would allow you to edit/change the contents of a backup.  About the best your could do is use a program like iPhone Backup Extractor to try to extract as much of your data from the backup as possible.

• Windows Server 2012 - Backup failing with Exchange - The application will not be available for recovery from this backup. the consistency check failed

Hi
    We have a Windows 2012 server with Exchange 2013, all is working fine except now i am getting issues with the backup.
    'Exchange - The application will not be available for recovery from this backup. the consistency check failed for the component Microsoft Exchange Server'
    I have checked the database all is fine, i have created a new db and move all mailbox;s over and then removed the old db, i have enabled circular logging and then disabled it, it seems no matter what i do i cannot get a full backup!
    i did have to restore the server once and the backups still worked for about 4 days after that and then stopped, i have also tried to remove and re add the backup role!
    i am stumped, any advice would be great!

Hi
    Ok, i created a test db and tried to back it up right away, it failed, i did not add any mailbox's to it either. i got quite a few events in the windows logs, as well as the same event above i got the following:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSExchangeRepl
    Date:          21/01/2013 10:16:30
    Event ID:      2038
    Task Category: Exchange VSS Writer
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      NERDS-DC01.nerds.local
    Description:
    Microsoft Exchange VSS Writer backup failed. No log files were truncated. Instance 75754d0d-8dfe-4909-8beb-5a4f824254a9. Database 4843b37c-7b3c-42b2-8b57-1393615c2c15.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="MSExchangeRepl" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="32772">2038</EventID>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>2</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-21T10:16:30.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>261645</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>NERDS-DC01.nerds.local</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>75754d0d-8dfe-4909-8beb-5a4f824254a9</Data>
        <Data>4843b37c-7b3c-42b2-8b57-1393615c2c15</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>
    AND
    Event ID:      2038
    Level:         Warning
    Description:
    Microsoft Exchange VSS Writer backup failed. No log files were truncated. Instance 75754d0d-8dfe-4909-8beb-5a4f824254a9. Database db5826f3-1029-4219-ad80-441a0e94537a.
    Event Xml:
      <System>
        <EventID Qualifiers="32772">2038</EventID>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>2</Task>
        <EventRecordID>261646</EventRecordID>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>db5826f3-1029-4219-ad80-441a0e94537a</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>
    and
    Event ID:      2034
    Level:         Error
    Description:
    The Microsoft Exchange Replication service VSS Writer (Instance 75754d0d-8dfe-4909-8beb-5a4f824254a9) failed with error FFFFFFFC when processing the backup completion event.
    Event Xml:
      <System>
        <EventID Qualifiers="49156">2034</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>2</Task>
        <EventRecordID>261649</EventRecordID>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>FFFFFFFC</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>
    and
    Source:        SPP
    Event ID:      16389
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Description:
    Writer Microsoft Exchange Writer experienced retryable error during shadow copy creation. Retrying...  More info: .
    Event Xml:
      <System>
        <Provider Name="SPP" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">16389</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <EventRecordID>261650</EventRecordID>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Microsoft Exchange Writer</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Data>The writer experienced a transient error.  If the backup process is retried, the error may not reoccur. (0x800423F3)</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Binary>00000000A5120000981200000000000042BEB7C511CAC619E59C92030000000000000000</Binary>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

• Rescue & Recovery can't see backups any more

Hi!  (new here, so hello all!)
    I have been using R&R on my T420 (Windows 7, 64-bit) for a while now, carefully backing up my C:\ to an external USB drive every few weeks, or when I install something major.  I had 29 backups on the disk.  The disk is a 2TB disk with around 1.5TB still available.  It can be read through Windows when I use Explorer and shows up in autorun, etc. when it's plugged in.
    However, when I run R&R (it's currently v4.5), it says that no backups are found on the external USB drive... and wants to start again at "Base" system level.
    Any idea what would cause this?  I'm not sure if R&R got updated recently with System Update, but TVSU 5.0 isn't working for me, so I've just uninstalled it (as per another thread in the forum) and I'm just going to install 4.3 again.
    Any thoughts would be welcome.
    Thanks,
    Mohit.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thanks for being so patient with me.
    Step - A
    1. Yes, I can see RRBackups in C, D and E and also on my recovery USB HD.
    2. When I change permissions and go into the folder on C: it has a few files, but from around Mar 2012.
    3. When I do the same for R: (ext USB), it has the folders for C and Q, etc. and C has backups 0 - 16 (I just realized that I had skipped numbers, so I don't have 29, but 17 backups over the past 6 months) <-- this shoud mean that the base and incrementals are all on R:
    Step - B
    1. I think I started with RNR 4.3 because I got the laptop in Jan 2012 (much after 4.5 release - Nov 2011)... I have never uninstalled RNR or re-installed it, so if TVSU doesn't update it, it should have been 4.5 from the start.  I have 4.50.0025.00
    2. RNR settings are pointing to USB because I always use the "Change schedule, manage backups, ..." option and then give the backup a name and confirm "save backups to external usb drive" before starting back-up
    Finally the rather long log dump from the log (just the current session)
    <pre>
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:31 2012 RescueRecovery: Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrstrigger.exe -start
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:31 2012 RescueRecovery: Getting GUI mask is 16
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:32 2012 RescueRecovery: Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrstrigger.exe -start
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: OnInitDialog on Parent Panel and the nCount is 0
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, get local UUID!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, get local UUID!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: winClientIsUSBDrive begin
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: winClientIsUSBDrive 1
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: Get USB Drive message
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: winClientIsUSBDrive 2
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: winGetDriveData find a (usb)
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: Get USB Drive message(winServiceIsUSBDrive)
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:33 2012 RescueRecovery: R:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\tvtschedinterface.dll
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: g_pTVTSchedulerInterface is NULL!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: Mode is 8, day is 1, hour is 12, min is 0
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: EverypolicyLocation is 0, ModepolicyLocation is 0, HourpolicyLocation is 0
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: Set LOCAL to UUID and reload backup before delete backup!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, get local UUID!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: loadBackups() - deleteRegistryKey SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\Backups\Local, C:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF\common\backups.dat
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, get local UUID!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: loadBackups() - deleteRegistryKey SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\Backups\Second, W:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF\common\backups.dat
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: winGetDriveData find a (usb)
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: R:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:34 2012 RescueRecovery: loadBackups() - deleteRegistryKey SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\Backups\USB, R:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF\common\backups.dat
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, get local UUID!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: winClientIsUSBDrive begin
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: winClientIsUSBDrive 1
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: Get USB Drive message
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: winClientIsUSBDrive 2
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: winGetDriveData find a (usb)
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: Get USB Drive message(winServiceIsUSBDrive)
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, get local UUID!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: R:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: Set LOCAL to UUID and reload backup before delete backup!
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: loadBackups() - deleteRegistryKey SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\Backups\Local, C:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF\common\backups.dat
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: loadBackups() - deleteRegistryKey SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\Backups\Second, W:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF\common\backups.dat
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: winGetDriveData find a (usb)
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: R:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: loadBackups() - deleteRegistryKey SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\Backups\USB, R:\RRbackups\SZ\01013396D551CB11-BAEFDB1625A480BF\common\backups.dat
    Tue Oct 02 23:50:35 2012 RescueRecovery: OnPaint on Parent Panel and the nCount is 0
    </pre>
    Thanks!

• Can you install Windows 7, then revert to a backup image of Vista with Rescue & Recovery?

I have a copy of 7 I want to put on my T61.  I've partitioned the OS into one partion, and the files into another. 
    I've made backup copies of the OS with Rescue & Recovery already, so can I install Windows 7 over Vista, then if I find I don't want to stick with it, recover back to Vista?
    T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M

When you get to BOOTCAMP, that has to be changed from FAT to NTFS but you have to click Advanced Option.... button in order to change to NTFS.
    The GPT error message can happen if you have more than one internal hard drive (say SSD and TB model).
    If you didn't use Assistant, and some have managed, undo the partition.
    Paragon CampTune $19 can also assist with installing Windows, creating the partition - but may not work with Lion, though you aren't there yet.

• Rescue & Recovery resets backup time

I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit x230 laptop. Rescue & Recovery 4.50 keeps resetting my backup time to noon, I keep setting it to middle of the night when it would be convenient to do a backup. Why is it doing this?  I have tried resetting the schedule in both advanced rescue & recovery and the basic page.  Yes, I am hitting save or apply.

The windows task scheduler has the launch entry for RNR scheduled backups.
    Go to Control Panel, Admin tools, task scheduler.  Double click the task scheduler library, then you will see a list of folders.  Double click the TVT folder. You will see an entry called LaunchRnR.  Right click this entry, and do Properties.
    Please post the current Trigger contents.  Does it say weekly or such, at NOON as you describe?
    Look in C:\SWshare\rr.log for the following entries:
    Tue Jun 12 13:56:42 2012 RescueRecovery: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\tvtsetsched.exe
    Tue Jun 12 13:56:42 2012 RescueRecovery: update task="LaunchRnR" trigger=RnRTrigger triggertype=weekly time=2012-06-01T07:00:42 day=0 action=RnRAction actiontype=exe argument="BACKUP location=L name="Scheduled" scheduled"
    Tue Jun 12 13:56:42 2012 RescueRecovery: Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\tvtsetsched.exe update task="LaunchRnR" trigger=RnRTrigger triggertype=weekly time=2012-06-01T07:00:42 day=0 action=RnRAction actiontype=exe argument="BACKUP location=L name="Scheduled" scheduled"
    Tue Jun 12 13:58:52 2012 RescueRecovery: In GetBackupFolderName, UUID is CC5F1FA34DEF30F6-B487057ED9063ADC!
    Tue Jun 12 13:58:52 2012 RescueRecovery: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\tvtschedinterface.dll
    Tue Jun 12 13:58:52 2012 RescueRecovery: g_pTVTSchedulerInterface is NULL!
    Tue Jun 12 13:58:52 2012 RescueRecovery: Get back from GetTaskNextRunTime and return value is 0, next run time is 2012-6-17 7:0:42
    After you set your desired backup schedule, check your log for the above messages.  ie, RC=0.  Then check task scheduler for matching launch schedule. Please post the portion of RR.log containing the above messages.

Maybe you are looking for

• Update to 8.1 after using Windows Phone Recovery T...

Hello This is Criss My Phone is Lumia 1020 and I had Denim 8.1 Update latest version on my phone. But While using It was freezing and crashing, Then I've used Windows Phone Recovery Tool and Now It works smooth and perfect but It has returned to Wind

• How come Facebook randomly won't work with Safari?

Whenever I try to access Facebook on Safari, it says "Safari cannot establish a secure connection to the server". I've tried looking at my firewall, parental controls, deleted cookies. I've reset safari and my router. I downloaded google chrome, and

• Collection  of items for searching

I have number of items. An item has: - option 1 and price 1 - option 2 and price 2 I want to have a collection to store these items so I can - get a price base on itemId and option - get all prices base on itemId - get all prices based on option (1 o

• Nokia 5700 refreshing of music library

Hello, I am having problem with my mobile every time I refresh my music library it's just hangs on refreshing of songs and no songs are added. I am using playlist for playing songs.But it's very complicated and many problems r there. If there is solu

• Droid X won't activate

A couple of hours ago, my girlfriend tried sending me a few text messages, and none went through. I had Handcent installed, cleared it's cache, restarted, pulled battery, restarted, uninstalled Handcent, restarted, used the native SMS application to