Some doubts about Combo Drivers onto T60 and T61.

Hello guys,
I am own of T60 (200742u) and T61 (7663b93) ThinkPad and I would like to know if I can use combo driver (code 39T2737) that it came with my ThinkPad T60 to newer ThinkPad T61. Is it compatible?
Thanks in advance.
Ricardo
ThinkPad T60 and ThinkPad R61
Dell Vostro 1400 and HP Pavilion DV2100t
Atom Life and HTC 710
Nokia 5610 and SE 750i

R6x use Ultrabay Enhanced drive which is a thicker version of the Ultrabay Slim drive in the T4x, T6x systems, they all have the same shape and connector layout, just different thickness. You can use ultrabay slim drive in R6x system, but not the other way around (the enhanced drive won't physically fit into the slim slot). If you don't use a Ultrabay slim to Enhanced drive adapter, there will be a small space left between the slim drive and the Ultrabay enhanced drive bay in the R61, while if you don't move the laptop it will be okay, otherwise the slim drive may fall out.

Similar Messages

• Doubts about BP number in SRM and SUS

Hello everyone,
    I have some doubts about the BP number, especially for Vendors.
    I am working with the implementation of SRM 5.0 with SUS in an extended classic scenario. We will use one server for SRM and other for SUS. We will use the self registration for vendor (in SUS). My questions are:
    - Can I have the same BP number in SRM and SUS?? Or is it going to be different??
    - When a vendor accesses at the site to make a self registration in SUS, the information is sent to SRM as prospect (by XI) and there the prospect is changed as vendor? After that, is it necessary to send something from SRM to SUS again? (to change the prospect to vendor)
    - When is it necessary to replicate vendors from SRM to SUS??
    Thanks
    Ivá

Dear Ivan,
    Here is answer to all your questions. Follow these steps for ROS configuration:
    Pls note:
    1. No need to have seperate clients for ROS and SUS. Create two clients for EBP and (SUS+ROS).
    2. No need of XI to transfer new registered vendor from ROS to EBP
    Steps to configure scenario:
    1. Make entries in SPRO --> "Define backend system" on both clients.
        You will ahev specify logical systems of both the clients (ROS as well as EBP)
    2. Create RFCs on both clients to communicate with each other
    3. In ROS client create Service User for supplier registration service with roles:
        SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEUSER
        SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEVENDOR
        Grant u201CS_A.SCONu201D profile to the user.
    4. Maintain service user in u201CLogon Datau201D tab of service : ros_self_reg in ROS client
    5. Create Purchasing and vendor Organizational Structure in EBP client and maintain necessary
        attributes. create vendor org structure in ROS client
    6. Create your ROS registration questionnaires and assign to product categories- in ROS client
    7. To transfer suppliers from registration system to EBP/Bidding system, Supplier pre-screening has to be
        defined as supplier directory in SRM server - EBP client.
        Maintain your prescreen catalog in IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management u2192 SRM Server u2192
        Master Data u2192 Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.) 
    8. Maintain this catalog Id in purchasing org structure under attribure "CAT" - in EBP client
    9. Modify purchaser role in EBP client:
        Open node for u201CROS_PRESCREENu201D and maintain parameter "sap-client" and ROS client number
    10.Maintain organizational data in make settings for business partner
    Supplier Relationship Management -> Supplier Self-Services -> Master Data -> Make Settings for the Business Partners. This information is actually getting getting stored in table BBP_MARKETP_INFO.
    11. Using manage Business partner node with purchasers login (BBPMAININT), newly registsred vendors are pulled from Pre-screen catalog and BP is created in EBP client. If you you have SUS scenario, ensure to maintain "portal vendor" role here.
    I hope this clarifies all your doubts.
    Pls reward points for helpful answers
    Regards,
    Prashant

• While trying to restore os x and erase content, some problem about voice software came up and the computer asked me to restart and try again by clicking restart button. When I did this, the machine went to a gray start up screen and will not progress.

While trying to restore os x and erase content on my MacBook pro, some problem about voice software came up and the computer asked me to restart and try again by clicking restart button. When I did this, the machine went to a gray start up screen with an apple and will not progress. I've waited more than 30 minutes and tried restarting again by holding the power button. Also, restore cd 1 will not eject so the computer will no longer move past the gray screen with spinning circle. Restore CDs had never beeused and were still in packaging in the original box. Ran hardware test just to check, and it came back as normal. Now what? I live nowhere near a genius bar :(

computer asked me to restart and try again by clicking restart button.
    That's called a kernel panic...
    Since the install disc won't eject, try starting up while holding down the C key. If the Mac won't boot while holding down the C key, try ejecting disc by either holding down the mouse while starting up or holding down the Eject key while starting up.
    Try booting from your install disc so you can run Disk Utility in case the startup disk needs repairing.
    Insert your install disk and Restart, holding down the "C" key until grey Apple appears.
    Go to Installer menu and launch Disk Utility.
    (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first from the installer menu)
    Select your HDD (manufacturer ID) in the left panel.
    Select First Aid in the Main panel.
    (Check S.M.A.R.T Status of HDD at the bottom of right panel. It should say: Verified)
    Click Repair Disk on the bottom right.
    If DU reports disk does not need repairs quit DU and restart.
    If DU reports errors Repair again and again until DU reports disk is repaired.
    When you are finished with DU, from the Menu Bar, select Utilities/Startup Manager.
    Select your startup disk and click Restart
    While you have the Disk Utility window open, look at the bottom of the window. Where you see Capacity and Available. Make sure there is always 15% free space.
    What is a kernel panic
    Mac OS X Kernel Panic FAQ
    Resolving Kernel Panics

• Some questions about javacard 2.1.1 and smartcardio

Hello i have some question about java card 2.1.1 and the smartcardio package.
    1.) I want to sign a message with the Signature.ALG_RSA_SHA_PKCS1 algorithm. I use the following code in the applet to sign the message:
    final static byte P1_CREATION_MODE = (byte) 0x01;
    final static byte INS_SIGN_MODE = (byte) 0x60;
    final static byte SmartCard_CLA = (byte) 0xB0;
    private void signMessage(APDU apdu) {
            byte[] buffer = apdu.getBuffer();
            byte byteRead = (byte) (apdu.setIncomingAndReceive());
            signature.init(privateKey, Signature.MODE_SIGN);
            short length = signature.sign(buffer, ISO7816.OFFSET_CDATA, byteRead, buffer, (short) 0);
            apdu.setOutgoingLength((short) length);
            apdu.sendBytesLong(buffer, (short) ISO7816.OFFSET_CDATA, (short) length);
            apdu.setOutgoing();
        }On the host side I use the following code to connect to the card and to send the sign apdu:
    if (TerminalFactory.getDefault().terminals().list().size() == 0) {
                LOGGER.log(Level.SEVERE, "No reader present");
                throw new NoSuchCardReader();
            /* Select the first terminal*/
            CardTerminal terminal = TerminalFactory.getDefault().terminals().list().get(0);
            /* Is a card present? */
            if (!terminal.isCardPresent()) {
                LOGGER.log(Level.SEVERE, "No Card present!");
                throw new NoSuchCard();
            /* Set the card protocol */
         Card card = terminal.connect("*");
            ATR atr = card.getATR();
            LOGGER.fine(getHexString(atr.getBytes()));
            LOGGER.fine(getHexString(atr.getHistoricalBytes()));
            CardChannel channel = card.getBasicChannel();
            CommandAPDU cmd = new CommandAPDU((byte) 0xb0, (byte) 0x60, (byte) 0x01, (byte) 0x00, new String("datadatdatadata").getBytes(), (byte) 0x40);
         ResponseAPDU response = channel.transmit(cmd);
            card.disconnect(false);But this does not work and i got the following error
    javax.smartcardio.CardException: sun.security.smartcardio.PCSCException: Unknown error 0x8010002f
            at sun.security.smartcardio.ChannelImpl.doTransmit(ChannelImpl.java:202)
            at sun.security.smartcardio.ChannelImpl.transmit(ChannelImpl.java:73)
            at de.upb.client.smartmeter.SmartMeter.initSmartCardApplet(SmartMeter.java:114)
            at de.upb.client.smartmeter.SmartMeterApplikation.main(SmartMeterApplikation.java:39)
    Caused by: sun.security.smartcardio.PCSCException: Unknown error 0x8010002f
            at sun.security.smartcardio.PCSC.SCardTransmit(Native Method)
            at sun.security.smartcardio.ChannelImpl.doTransmit(ChannelImpl.java:171)
            ... 3 more2.) 3Des encryption
    I want to use the 3Des algorithm to encrypt my data. I use
    keyDES = (DESKey) KeyBuilder.buildKey(KeyBuilder.TYPE_DES,
                        KeyBuilder.LENGTH_DES3_2KEY, false);
    cipherDES = Cipher.getInstance(Cipher.ALG_DES_CBC_ISO9797_M2, false);But i do not know what is the aquivalent on the host side??
    3.) Another problem is that i am not able to send the modulus of a public key from the host applikation to the smard card
    new CommandAPDU((byte) 0xb0, (byte) 0x20, (byte) 0x01, (byte) 0x00, modulus.toByteArray()); // create the apdu
    // the method in the applet
    private void setServerKeyMod(APDU apdu) {
            byte[] buffer = apdu.getBuffer();
            try {
                byte byteRead = (byte) (apdu.setIncomingAndReceive());
                short off = ISO7816.OFFSET_CDATA;
                // strip of any integer padding
                if (buffer[off] == 0) {
                    off++;
                    byteRead--;
                publicKeyServer.setModulus(buffer, off, byteRead);
            } catch (APDUException ex) {
                ISOException.throwIt((short) (SW_APDU_EXCEPTION + ex.getReason()));
        }The error code is 6700
    4.) My last problem ist, that i am not able to use a value bigger than 0x7F as the ne field in the apducommand, because i get the following error
    CommandAPDU((byte) 0xb0, (byte) 0x60, (byte) 0x01, (byte) 0x00, data, (byte) 0xff);
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ne must not be negative
            at javax.smartcardio.CommandAPDU.<init>(CommandAPDU.java:371)
            at javax.smartcardio.CommandAPDU.<init>(CommandAPDU.java:252)I thought that it this should be possible in order to use all the bytes of the response apdu.
    If you need more code to help please let me know.
    Cheers
    Edited by: 858145 on 06.07.2011 08:23

2) What is PKCS? what is the difference between
    PKCS#11 and PKCS#15??PKCS is the abbreviation of "Public-Key Cryptography Standards"
    PKCS #11: Cryptographic Token Interface Standard
    See http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2133
    PKCS #15: Cryptographic Token Information Format Standard
    http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2141
    If you want to use yor smartcard as secure token it doesn't have to be a JavaCard.
    BTW: I don't remember a way to access PKCS#15 tokens on a JavaCard from within an oncard JavaCard program. If you want to use keys in your oncard program, you have to transfer it onto the card or generate it oncard and export the public key by your own oncard/offcard code.
    Jan

• Some Doubts about Event Handlers

Hi,
    I had some doubts on Event handlers in OIM 11.1.1.5 ........
    1) I want to use the same event handler for both Post Insert and Post update task.... Can I use the same event handler for that... If yes then how can I do that....
    2) Can I create the single Plugin.xml class and add the all jar files in single say lib folder and zip them all together.. if yes then What changes I need to do?? Need to add only the plugin tags for different class files in plugin.xml file? OR need to do some thing extra also...?
    3) If i need to change any thing in any class of event handler.. Is there need to unregister the plugin and again register...??
    If yes.... Is there need to delete the event handler using the weblogicDeleteMetadata command???
    4) As we Import the event handler from path like event handler/db/... If we add all the evetn handler.xml files in that folder..... As During Import weblogicImportMetadata recursively call all the files in that folder.... Now if i need to change anything in any one of event handler class... then if we import from the same folder event handler/db/... What will it do............Create the duplicate copy of all the eventhandlers????? OR i need to add only those Eventhandler.xml files for those class files i made the changes.....
    5) As I need to create email on user creation during recon and also email id get updated as first name or last name updates..... What I had to use in Event handler.xml (entity-type="User" operation="CREATE") or Some thing else....
    Help me clarify my doubts...

Anil Bansal wrote:
    Hi,
    I had some doubts on Event handlers in OIM 11.1.1.5 ........
    1) I want to use the same event handler for both Post Insert and Post update task.... Can I use the same event handler for that... If yes then how can I do that....Yes, you can have the same. Just have two event handlers in the same MDS file and the operation should be CREATE for one while MODIFY for another. The class and version and name remains the same.
    2) Can I create the single Plugin.xml class and add the all jar files in single say lib folder and zip them all together.. if yes then What changes I need to do?? Need to add only the plugin tags for different class files in plugin.xml file? OR need to do some thing extra also...?Yes, in the single plugin xml you can define multiple eventhandlers and the jar will contain multiple event handlers class.
    3) If i need to change any thing in any class of event handler.. Is there need to unregister the plugin and again register...??
    If yes.... Is there need to delete the event handler using the weblogicDeleteMetadata command???No, if you are just changing the class, then you need to update the class only in the plugin. For this, first delete plugin and then update plugin and then purgecache.
    4) As we Import the event handler from path like event handler/db/... If we add all the evetn handler.xml files in that folder..... As During Import weblogicImportMetadata recursively call all the files in that folder.... Now if i need to change anything in any one of event handler class... then if we import from the same folder event handler/db/... What will it do............Create the duplicate copy of all the eventhandlers????? OR i need to add only those Eventhandler.xml files for those class files i made the changes.....If won't create duplicate copies but would overwrite the ones which are there in MDS at the same location. So effectively, if the xml is not changing you should not be worried about overwritting.
    5) As I need to create email on user creation during recon and also email id get updated as first name or last name updates..... What I had to use in Event handler.xml (entity-type="User" operation="CREATE") or Some thing else....For recon and event handler, you will need to have post process event handler on User CREATE and UPDATE. On Create construct the email address and populate it in the email field. For update check if the firstname/lastname are changing and if yes, then update the email id on the profile.
    >
    Help me clarify my doubts...

• Some questions about the integration between BIEE and EBS

Hi, dear,
    I'm a new bie of BIEE. In these days, have a look about BIEE architecture and the BIEE components. In the next project, there are some work about BIEE development based on EBS application. I have some questions about the integration :
    1) generally, is the BIEE database and application server decentralized with EBS database and application? Both BIEE 10g and 11g version can be integrated with EBS R12?
    2) In BIEE administrator tool, the first step is to create physical tables. if the source appliation is EBS, is it still needed to create the physical tables?
    3) if the physical tables creation is needed, how to complete the data transfer from the EBS source tables to BIEE physical tables? which ETL tool is prefer for most developers? warehouse builder or Oracle Data Integration?
    4) During data transfer phase, if there are many many large volume data needs to transfer, how to keep the completeness? for example, it needs to transfer 1 million rows from source database to BIEE physical tables, when 50%is completed, the users try to open the BIEE report, can they see the new 50% data on the reports? is there some transaction control in ETL phase?
    could anyone give some guide for me? I'm very appreciated if you can also give any other information.
    Thanks in advance.

1) generally, is the BIEE database and application server decentralized with EBS database and application? Both BIEE 10g and 11g version can be integrated with EBS R12?You, shud consider OBI Application here which uses OBIEE as a reporting tool with different pre-built modules. Both 10g & 11g comes with different versions of BI apps which supports sources like Siebel CRM, EBS, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards etc..
    2) In BIEE administrator tool, the first step is to create physical tables. if the source appliation is EBS, is it still needed to create the physical tables?Its independent of any soure. This is OBIEE modeling to create RPD with all the layers. If you build it from scratch then you will require to create all the layers else if BI Apps is used then you will get pre-built RPD along with other pre-built components.
    3) if the physical tables creation is needed, how to complete the data transfer from the EBS source tables to BIEE physical tables? which ETL tool is prefer for most developers? warehouse builder or Oracle Data Integration?BI apps comes with pre-built ETL mapping to use with the tools majorly with Informatica. Only BI Apps 7.9.5.2 comes with ODI but oracle has plans to have only ODI for any further releases.
    4) During data transfer phase, if there are many many large volume data needs to transfer, how to keep the completeness? for example, it needs to transfer 1 million rows from source database to BIEE physical tables, when 50%is completed, the users try to open the BIEE report, can they see the new 50% data on the reports? is there some transaction control in ETL phase?User will still see old data because its good to turn on Cache and purge it after every load.
    Refer..http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/ent-performance-bi/bi-applications-066544.html
    and many more docs on google
    Hope this helps

• I transferred some photos from my iPhone onto iPhoto and then the remaining, untransferred photos on my iPhone were deleted? Help!

Hi, everyone! I don't know if this question has been answered, but I recently lost my photos on my iPhone.
    My iPhone memory was full, so I decided to transfer some of the photos on my iPhone onto iPhoto to clear up some space. (In hindsight, I probably should have transferred all of the photos AND I should have backed up my photos on iTunes regularly). Anyway, after transferring some of the photos, I selected the "delete imported photos" option on iPhoto. After unplugging my iPhone from my laptop, my Camera Roll looked like this:
    There were only about 5 photos left and these odd video icons that were inaccessible. I was only able to transfer photos from January to March 2013. I'm missing all of my photos from March to December 2013. I also checked the amount of space I had left on my iPhone, and the amount of free space I have now is a few gigabytes more than I had before the photos went missing, so I'm guessing my photos were deleted.
    I tried to look for a solution online, and I didn't really find any threads that talked about this specific problem, but I tried the suggestion of one article (albeit the article wasn't exactly about this problem) to delete these three files from my PhotoData. It made the inaccessible video icons disappear, but my photos are still nowhere to be found.
    Does anyone know why this could have happened or how I can retrieve my photos? Has anyone encountered this before and has found a solution? I would really like to retrieve my missing photos. Thank you!

probably a question for the iPhone forum  since restoring photos on the iPhone does not involve iPhoto at all
    LN

• Some questions about using non-english characters and keyboard layouts

I've found a lot of guides about how to enable characters in Linux, and that is easy enough, but I want to understand it better.
    The way that I understand it, if you don't enable a given set of characters in locale.gen, then in theory you should not be able to either use or display a that set of characters in any programs (however, certain programs, like web-browsers seem to have work arounds).
    Furthermore, in order to be able to type characters in X programs, you need to enable those keyboard setups in your xorg.conf (in addition to enabling those locales in locale.gen).  I don't think that this effects the displaying of characters
    Then, Last, you need a way to switch back and forth between different keyboard layouts within your X environment in order to type those characters. There are programs to assist in switching keyboard layouts provided by some DE's.  By using these keyboard layout tools, I alter the behaviour of all programs started in X.  (for example, swithing keyboard layouts in gnome's settings will alter the behaviour of kde programs, firefox and openoffice.)
    How close am I?
    A few more questions:
    If I'm a Spanish student which locales do I need to enable.  There is a long list of locales that start with ES, and I don't know if there are any drawbacks to enabling unnecessary locales. I think that the ones that I need are es_ES* (Spanish spanish?) and es_MX* (Mexican spanish?).
    What is do the *@EURO locales do?
    what does the locale setting in rc.conf do?

I've found a lot of guides about how to enable characters in Linux, and that is easy enough, but I want to understand it better.
    The way that I understand it, if you don't enable a given set of characters in locale.gen, then in theory you should not be able to either use or display a that set of characters in any programs (however, certain programs, like web-browsers seem to have work arounds).
    Furthermore, in order to be able to type characters in X programs, you need to enable those keyboard setups in your xorg.conf (in addition to enabling those locales in locale.gen).  I don't think that this effects the displaying of characters
    Then, Last, you need a way to switch back and forth between different keyboard layouts within your X environment in order to type those characters. There are programs to assist in switching keyboard layouts provided by some DE's.  By using these keyboard layout tools, I alter the behaviour of all programs started in X.  (for example, swithing keyboard layouts in gnome's settings will alter the behaviour of kde programs, firefox and openoffice.)
    How close am I?
    A few more questions:
    If I'm a Spanish student which locales do I need to enable.  There is a long list of locales that start with ES, and I don't know if there are any drawbacks to enabling unnecessary locales. I think that the ones that I need are es_ES* (Spanish spanish?) and es_MX* (Mexican spanish?).
    What is do the *@EURO locales do?
    what does the locale setting in rc.conf do?

• Some questions about iOS system framework, APNS and so on

Hi everyone!
    im quite interested in iPhone developement.by reading some dev books of iOS i can learn the general steps of creating an iPhone app. however, i cant find much of iPhone's system archetecture or framework information on the internet, so sometimes i was confused by the running process and principle of an app. so, im wondering cannnnnnn u guuuuuuuuuys doooooooo meeeee a little favor by answering the following questions and i appreciate that:
    1. can u recommend some articles or sites from which i can take a look at the system framework of iOS?
    2.'backgrounder' is an application for jailbroken iPhone to run an app in the background, i.e. multitasking. do u know what's the principle of 'backgrounder'? can u offer some links that i can get more information of 'backgrounder'?
    3,the function of Multitasking, as Apple mentioned in the release of iOS 4, brought another word 'APNS', i.e. apple push notification service. i googled APNS and learned that the servers are provided by Apple and perhaps the servers are located in the U.S. so im wondering, if im using PUSH message, does that mean each PUSH message gotta travel between my country and America twice? if it's true, its gotta cost a lot and there'll be huge delay! and since APNS are maintained by Apple, is it correct to say that Apple can read every PUSH message? and the last question, there're lotta companies providing PUSH messages, and is Apple able to handle all the PUSH flow? that's really great burden i think!
    im a college student and an iPhone rookie, and people around me dont know too much about Apple and iPhone, so i have to ask professionals like u for help. ur reply can really help me a lot and im looking for ur reply eagerly. sorry for my poor english and THX a million.

A good place to ask question regarding the Actor Framework is in the community:
    https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/actor-framework-2011
    And yes I have used and is using the Actor Framework.

• Doubt about Agent Inbox with ERMS and NON-ERMS

Hi All.
    We have configured both ERMS and NON-ERMS email receiving (to make some tests) and we verify that only the workitem generated by the NON-ERMS workflow (WS14000164) is shown in the IC Web Client Inbox. The workitem generated by the ERMS workflow (WS00200001) is shown only in the SBWP transaction. Is this right???
    We believe that our agent inbox configurations are correct, because it is working fine for NON-ERMS emails.
    There is some trick to make the generated ERMS workitens be shown in the IC Web Client Inbox?
    Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Julio,
    You will NOT be able to get the workitems created by the standard ERMS wokflow (WS00200001) into your inbox, because SAP's assumption is that ERMS precisely replaces manual inbox assignment work by some automation (Response Management).
    Even if you add the ERMS task 207914 in transaction CRMC_IC_AUICOMM, this configuration will be made inactive by the workitem search-engine. You can observe this in method CL_CRM_IC_AUI_WI->IF_GENIL_SO_HANDLER~GET_LIST, around line 210:
    read table lt_wflows with key object = co_erms_email_task into ls_wflows.
      if ls_wflows is not initial.
        delete table lt_wflows with table key object = co_erms_email_task.
      endif.
    If you still want to see ERMS WIs in your inbox, make a copy of WF WS00200001; in copy, replace task 207914 with your own one, that you add in trx CRMC_IC_AUICOMM. Deactivate triggering event of WF WS00200001; activate triggering event of your own one. No changes in SO28 necessary.
    But you may then think about what should happen when one wants to postprocess an ERMS WI displayed in inbox; because some ERMS processing may already have taken place: incoming e-mail may already have been linked automatically to an existing service ticket. You should then support easy navigation to that ticket, and forbid e-mail is linked again manually.
    Hope this makes topic clearer
    Kind regards
    Walter

• Hi all,i have some doubts about dis scenario

plz explain step by  step about this scenario·
         1)Involved in two activities Monitoring and Production Support.
    ·     2)Actively and regularly involved in Load Monitoring of Daily, Weekly, and Monthly, Data Loads using Process Chains
    ·     3)Actively involved in Rectification of Load Failure Errors like Master Data Loads, Transaction Loads.
    ·     4)Supported the Client by providing Long-term solutions to the Tickets by doing Root Cause Analysis.
    ·     5)Monitoring of Info Packages and analyzing the reasons for frequent failures of Info Packages.

Hi,
    Here, there are some responsibilities in Production System.
    Answer for fist question is maintaining documentation (in ms word ) for all support related activities like
    a) frequently occurred data load monitoring errors as part of process chains
    b) how to analyze whether load is running for long time
    c) what ever the tickets with proper priority we have to raise. ex: if a load cause affecting more reports , we have to raise p2 ticket . Depends upon the impact of loads on report availability.
    Answer for second question :
    In prod.support, we have to monitor info package groups or process chains because loads are automatized using pchains or ipgroups. . whenever a load failed as part of pchains or ipg's , we have to analyse the load why it is failed. Loads may be failed due to reasons like memory issues, attribute change run locking issues and sid issues etc.
    Answer for third questions:
    In perigreen ticketing tool, we can check tickets like system generated tickets and customer generated tickets . For example,. Tivoli tickets are system generated tickets because whenever pchain is not triggered or any process of pchain has failed, system automatically will raise the tickets.
    Custom generated tickets means as part of daily loads, any failures happened, with proper priority ,we will raise the ticket to appropriate resolution groups. ( Incident management tickets )
    Rms means Request management tickets are requests raised by client. For example if they want adhoc loads on the part of mexico markets, they will raise the Rm and sent it to the offshore queue.
    Answer for fourth question:
    We can maintain excel sheet, it comprises of what are the loads have failed with the error information as part of process chains or ipg's and maintain the logs for manual loads
    daily how many loads are failed ,successful and what are the total loads , can check in RSMO.That information we can maintain in excel sheet.
    Root cause Analysis is nothing but giving permanent solution to the frequent errors.
    Ali.

• Some doubt about use of

Hello everyone,
    I am newbie in java programming and need some help. Recently i was just viewing some code of existing open source java projects and i found that there was a use of the < > braces while defining a class, interface, constructor, and objects. As i am a student i do not know that much about this syntax and am not very friendly with data structures if they have any concern with it. i use Java 2 complete reference for learning java and have not found use of such syntax until now but would like to know its use what is it called as and anything more if you know about it such as advantage etc hence am seeking forward for helpfrom you all
    if anybody has any links to tutorials that teach such syntax or any books please dont forget to tell it
    thanks in advance

by the way one thing i would like to know is that for
    learning generics do i have to have knowledge of data
    structures, because i am not familiar with data
    structures and i found the reference of collections
    framework i just thought i would have to learn DS
    anyways plz tell me what you think
    thanks in advanceno it is not necessary to know about data structures at all while using generics.

• I am getting an error message that my network connection has timed out. while trying to update my iPhone on iTunes. Has anyone found a solution? I was given some advice about turning off my firewall and/or virus protection but am nervous about doing that.

I get a message that my network connection has timed out while trying to update my iPhone on iTunes. Has anyone else had that problem and if so what solutions have you found? I was told to turn off my firewall and/or virus protection while updating but am nervous about doing that for obvious reasons. I'm also disgusted with Apple not providing free tech support.

See this article about the ports that have to be open during the update process. iTunes has to contact Apple during the download. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues

• Some doubt about Bdb XML Normal Recovery

Hi, everyone
    I have read the document Getting Started with Transaction Processing for Java shipped with Bdb XML 2.4.13. In the book, there is something about Normal Recovery:
    Normal recovery is run only against those log files created since the time of your last checkpoint.To test this, I have designed a scenario as below:
    The ENVIRONMENT directory is under E:/bdb-xml/environment, and the BACKUP directory is under E:/bdb-xml/backup, the CONTAINER name is entry.dbxml, and there is already a document 1.xml in this container.
    1. run db_recover against ENVIRONMENT.
    2. copy entry.dbxml to BACKUP.
    3. create a document 2.xml.
    4. run checkpoint against ENVIRONMENT.
    5. modify document 1.xml.
    6. run checkpoint against ENVIRONMENT.
    7. copy log.0000000001(there is only one log file in ENVIRONMENT) to BACKUP, Note that I didn't copy the entry.dbxml in ENVIRONMENT.
    8. run db_recover agaist BACKUP(now there are 2 files : entry.dbxml, log.log.0000000001).After that, I used the BACKUP as environment directory, and try to query 2.xml. And I retrieved the document correctly, which I feel very curious. As the document says, the last checkpoint is created by step 6, after that, there is no other modifications happens, so the modification happened at step 3 and step 5 will not take effect when db_recover executed. But the two changes have committed to entry.dbxml.
    So, which is the last checkpoint. And what is the those log files created since the time of your last checkpoint.
    I also want to know where the checkpoint be writen, in the db files or the log files.
    thanks advance.
    Regards,
    John Kao.

Jhon,
    You really do want to know the gory details don't you? :-)
    Running recovery in your backup directory will cause the container there to pick up all changes from the log file that it does not yet have. The checkpoint on the original container doesn't mean anything to the backup container.
    Let me point you to even more interesting documentation that is in the Berkeley DB documentation set. This page has all of the BDB documentation, including links that are not included in the BDB XML doc:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/index.html
    The "Getting Started with Transaction Processing" documents on that page have the sort of information you seem to want.
    Regards,
    George

• Doubt about the concept of HashSet and LinkedHashSet

I read one of the SCJP 6 exam book, when talking about Set, it gives one definition:
    When using HashSet or LinkedHashSet, the objects you add to them must override hashCode(). If they don't override hashCode(), the default Object. hashCode() method will allow multiple objects that you might consider "meaningfully equal" to be added to your "no duplicates allowed" set.
    What I am getting confused is that IF the objects we add to them must override hashCode(), we must override equals() method also! Isn't it?
    Edited by: roamer on 2009?10?23? ??10:29

jverd wrote:
    endasil wrote:
    When using HashSet or LinkedHashSet, the objects you add to them must override hashCode(). If they don't override hashCode(), the default Object. hashCode() method will allow multiple objects that you might consider "meaningfully equal" to be added to your "no duplicates allowed" set.This really is completely wrong. Duplicates being added to your set has nothing to do with not overriding hashCode, and everything to do with not overriding equals. No, if you override equals but not hashCode, you can get dupes. That is, two items that your equals method says are equal can make it into the Set.Sorry, to clarify, what I meant by that was that to avoid duplicates of meaningfully equal objects, you must override equals, and overriding hashCode is just a consequent of overriding equals (to maintain the equal objects have equal hashcodes invariant). Overriding hashCode alone will not, and cannot, prevent meaningfully equal duplicates if you don't first define meaningfully equal by overriding equals.
    In summary, it's wrong because
    1) You don't have to override hashCode() if you don't override equals (or rather, don't deviate from the default "two objects are equal if and only if they are the same object").
    2) If you have any other definition of meaningfully equal that you want enforced in a Set, you must override equals to correspond to that definition.
    3) If you override equals, you must override hashCode by the contract of hashCode and equals.
    That's why I was saying that the statement was completely wrong. It's taking a backwards approach.
    By not overriding equals, you're saying that no two separate instances can be meaningfully equal, so the default hashCode is fine. Yeah, I kind of figured for the statement to be meaningful, it is assumed that you have already overridden equals. Otherwise what's the point of even mentioning something two objects "meaningfully equal"?All this talk of "meaningfully equal" makes me think the opposite: that they haven't overridden equals, or haven't discussed it yet. Otherwise you could just say that the objects are equal, or are equal according to equals().
    I would question the authority of the source that said that.I would quesiton the source's ability to express himself clearly. :-)Yeah, maybe that's all it is. In that case, I suggest (to the OP) reading [Effective Java, Chapter 3|http://java.sun.com/developer/Books/effectivejava/Chapter3.pdf]. Best source I've seen for beginners to make sense of all this.
    Edited by: endasil on 26-Oct-2009 1:11 PM

Maybe you are looking for