Data Encryption on Data T1??????????/

Hi,
I am trying to find out the possibility of putting encryption on Data T1 line.
Its very urgent...
Need assitance...
Thanks,

Hi,
You need to be more specific. T1 is dedicate mediate, if it's point to point traffic across the T1 line, normally the data doesn't need to be encrypted, unless you are worry about wire tapping.
If the data needs to be encrypted, it depends what type of traffic it is, if it's IP traffic, IPSec or IPSec+GRE can be used. If it's layer2 traffic, you can try L2TP.
Thanks
Jing

Similar Messages

• Oracle Replication - Encrypted Data and Oracle Data Guard

We are working on a high availability architecture for one of our new projects. The preliminary architecture has Oracle 10g Release 2(10.2.0.2) production database (primary database) running on Solaris10 server for OLTP operations. And a production replicated database (standby database) is running on another node running on Solaris10 server for reporting, ETL data extractions etc. The plan is to implement Oracle data guard (DG) to replicate data between primary database and standby database (logical standby database). As a side note, there is going to be one to two minute time log for data synchronization between primary and standby databases.
    We need to encrypt sensitive data (like SSN, Credit Card No. etc) in the primary production database. Initially we thought this can be achieved by using Oracle Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), this is a new encryption method Oracle came up with their 10g version. But the issue here is Oracle TDE doesn’t support setting up the logical standby database (using Oracle data Guard) for reporting on the second node. I have confirmed with Oracle on this, so we are kind of stuck in the middle on this new requirement. So our next option is to look out for any third party vendors who can resolve this puzzle, and looking for your help for any suggestions.
    · Do you know any vendor who can support both data encryption and data replication for Oracle databases?
    · Do you know any vendor who can support just data encryption for Oracle databases?
    (I am thinking if we can find a vendor, we would like to ask them if they have any technical issues working with Oracle data guard for data replication and use some kind of technique to decrypt the data on the standby/reporting database.)

You can always use the DBMS_CRYPTO or DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT to encrypt the data rather than using TDE. You may have to do some work on the key management side, though, but it shouldn't be too painful.
    Justin

• How to encrypt the data in a form?

Hi, everyone!
    I want to encrypted the data in a html form
    sent to a JSP/Servlet (using POST method).
    For example, password.
    How to do it? Are there some sample codes or
    guides?
    Cheers,
    George

About the only way you could accomplish this completely on the client side is with JavaScript. But, that wouldn't be very secure as your encryption code would be publicly visible. If you want the data encrypted before it's sent to the server, you need to use SSL and the HTTPS protocol.

• Listener Start Problem with TDE (Transparent Data Encryption)

i am testing Transparent Data Encryption in Oracle 10g by using the following link
    http://oracle-base.com/articles/10g/TransparentDataEncryption_10gR2.php
    Before Implementing the TDE listener was running fine but after implementation of TDE the listener was unable to start
    Please check the steps which i follow
    Step1-
    specify the ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATION parameter in the sqlnet.ora file, now SQLNET.ora file looks like the following
    SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
    NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)
    ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATION=
    (SOURCE=(METHOD=FILE)(METHOD_DATA=
    (DIRECTORY=D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\wallet\)))
    please check the contents of listener.ora file,i didn't make any configuration changes for listener before or after implementation of TDE
    SID_LIST_LISTENER =
    (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
    (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
    (ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1)
    (PROGRAM = extproc)
    LISTENER =
    (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = shakeel-pc.lhr.inov8.com.pk)(PORT = 1521))
    Step2-
    CONN sys/password AS SYSDBA
    ALTER SYSTEM SET ENCRYPTION KEY AUTHENTICATED BY "myPassword";
    TDE implemented successfuly implemented.
    But when i try to stop/start listener
    C:\>lsnrctl status
    LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 06-JUN-2008 05:44
    :30
    Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
    STATUS of the LISTENER
    Alias LISTENER
    Version TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Produ
    ction
    Start Date 05-JUN-2008 22:40:14
    Uptime 0 days 7 hr. 4 min. 16 sec
    Trace Level off
    Security ON: Local OS Authentication
    SNMP OFF
    Listener Parameter File D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.o
    ra
    Listener Log File D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\log\listener.log
    Listening Endpoints Summary...
    (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))
    (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=shakeel-pc.lhr.inov8.com.pk)(PORT=15
    21)))
    Services Summary...
    Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
    Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
    Service "orcl" has 1 instance(s).
    Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
    Service "orclXDB" has 1 instance(s).
    Service "orcl_XPT" has 1 instance(s).
    The command completed successfully
    C:\>lsnrctl stop
    LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 06-JUN-2008 05:44
    :35
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
    The command completed successfully
    C:\>lsnrctl start
    [i]LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 06-JUN-2008 05:44
    :40
    Starting tnslsnr: please wait...
    TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
    System parameter file is D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.or
    a
    Log messages written to D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\log\listener.log
    Error listening on: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PARTIAL=yes)(QUEUESI
    ZE=1))
    No longer listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\E
    XTPROC1ipc)))
    TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
    TNS-00583: Valid node checking: unable to parse configuration parameters
    Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...
    To start the listener i have to close wallet as
    1- SQL>conn sys as sysdba
    ALTER SYSTEM SET WALLET CLOSE;
    2- Replace the SQLNET.ora file as previous ,now SQLNET.ora contains
    SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
    NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)
    Now if i start the listener then the listener was started succesfuly
    Please suggest why listener is not being start with TDE?

I have the same problem. I'm testing TDE using Oracle 11gR1. After setting the parameter encryption_wallet_location and restart the listener, the listener failed to start. The error is exactly the same
    TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
    TNS-00583: Valid node checking: unable to parse configuration parameters
    By removing the parameter encryption_wallet_location, the listner can be started successfully.
    Anyone can help?

• Need suggestion for data encryption

Hello Experts,
    I need your expert opinion on one of the data encryption method. We have some legal compliance to implement data encryption as listed below, lets say we have to apply encryption on 2 tables (1) TAB_A (2) TAB_B.
    (1) Need data encryption on the TAB_A & TAB_B for 2-3 columns and not the entire table.
    (2) Data should not be in readable format, if anyone connect to database and query the table.
    (3) We have reporting services on our tables but reporting services doesn't connect to our schema directly rather they connect to a different schema to which we have given the table Select grant.
    (4) Reports should work as it is, and users should see the data in readable format only.
    (5) There are batch processes which generates the data into these tables and we are not allowed to make any changes to these batch processes.
    This is a business need which has to be delivered. I explored various options such as VPDs, Data encryption methods etc but honestly none of these are serving our business need. There is also a limitation of encrypting data as data volume of quiet high (30TB DB) and generally users query the data on millions of records at a time. Also reports have very tight SLAs as well. If we create any encryption wrapper then decrypt will take longer in reports and will cause the SLA miss for reports.
    Could someone please suggest any better solution to me or if something is inbuilt in Oracle? We are using Oracle 11g.
    Regds,
    Amit.

you can read about Transparent Data Encryption
    Check
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28530/asotrans.htm

• Hey yall.. I lost everything from my mac from a data encrypted error and now it won't let me download Lightroom off of the disk again onto my new mac. What should I do?

Hey yall.. I lost everything from my mac from a data encrypted error and now it won't let me download Lightroom off of the disk again onto my new mac. What should I do?

Hi Brennacoyle,
    Can you please share the error message that you are getting while trying to download on the new MAC ?
    Cheers,
    Kartikay Sharma

• Are there any tools for data encryption and decryption ?

Hi,
    i am using oracle 9i R2, i want encrypt my data. Are there any tools available in market.
    Please let me know the ways to do data encryption and decryption.
    Thanks in advance
    Prasuna.

970489 wrote:
    using DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT.Encrypt /DESEncrypt we can't secure our password...So i am looking for an another alternative.As Blue Shadow said, what are you really trying to achieve?
    Encrypting a password is itself not secure. Anything that can be encrypted can be decrypted. That is why Oracle itself DOES NOT encrypt passwords.
    Surprised??
    Here's what Oracle does with passwords, and what others should be doing if they have to store them.
    When the password is created, the presented password - clear text - is concatenated with the username. The resulting character string is then passed through a one-way hashing function. It is that hashed value that is stored. Then when a user presents his credentials to log on to the system, the presented credentials are combined and hashed in the same manner as when the password was created, and the resulting hash value compared to the stored value.

• How can I encrypt my data links between switch uplink ports ? I'm unable to use "cts Manual" command in C3560X switch.suggest me

How can I encrypt my data uplinks between switch trunk ports ? I'm unable to use "cts Manual" command in C3560X switch.suggest me as I want to encrypt my switch-to-switch link with Cisco TrustSec.

Hi 
    Login to switch & go to interface..
    There you can give tags.. (ISL & DONT1Q)
    Command switch-port mode trunk
    Switch-port trunk encapsulation ssl or dot1Q

• Data encryption in oracle 8i and 9i

Hi,
    I would like to know how data encryption in Oracle 9i
    differes from that of Oracle 9i database.
    Thanks in advance
    Shinto

What is your national character set? What is NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS set to?
    Justin
    Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
    http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC

• Data encryption in SAP tables

Hi,
    My client wants to upload condidential employees data into Z table (do not want HR).  These tables will contains some informations that I want to encrypt (salary, ssn, etc...).  Is there an easy way to encrypt/decrypt this kind of data. I found the BASE64 methods but is it safe to use that ?
    I also found the SSF functions but they look not easy to use.  I just want to encrypt some fields of a database records before inserting this record and decrypt it in some applications.
    Regards,
    Steph

The BASE64 methods don't truely encrypt the data. They just change the encoding to base 64. At the very least, the data will be obfuscated to some degree. If you go this route, the Z table fields might need to be characters to prevent errors.
    I hope this helps.
    -Erik

• How could I Encrypt the data of SDO_GEOMETRY type using DBMS_CRYPTO package

Hi:
    I want to Encrypt the data of SDO_GEOMETRY object type using DBMS_CRYPTO package.
    What could I do? hope anyone can help me,give me a suggestions!
    thanks in advance.
    lgs

well, the spatial api would not be able to handle this data anymore, so what you are trying to do is converting an SDO_GEOMETRY to some cryptable user type (see http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_crypto.htm#sthref1506) and encrypting this.
    Before using the SDO_GEOMETRY type will have to decrypt and reconvert it again and pass it to the spatial query or function.

• Data Encryption using DBMS_OBSFUCATION_PACKAGE

Hello Friends,
    I want to encrypt EMPNAME column data in EMP table using
    DBMS_OBSFUCATION_PACKAGE. I am not getting much help for this
    package. can anybody suggest me some sites concerning
    information on package ?
    Thanx.
    Adi

try this one.
    I am pasting the procedure.
    run catobtk.sql from sys
    DECLARE
    input_string VARCHAR2(16) := 'SRINIVAS';
    raw_input RAW(128) := sys.UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_RAW(input_string);
    #key_string VARCHAR2(16) := 'keepthesecretnum';
    key_string VARCHAR2(16) := 'abcdefghijklmnop';
    raw_key RAW(128) := sys.UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_RAW(key_string);
    encrypted_raw RAW(2048);
    encrypted_string VARCHAR2(2048);
    decrypted_raw RAW(2048);
    decrypted_string VARCHAR2(2048);
    error_in_input_buffer_length EXCEPTION;
    PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(error_in_input_buffer_length, -28232);
    INPUT_BUFFER_LENGTH_ERR_MSG VARCHAR2(100) :=
    '*** DES INPUT BUFFER NOT A MULTIPLE OF 8 BYTES - IGNORING
    EXCEPTION ***';
    double_encrypt_not_permitted EXCEPTION;
    PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(double_encrypt_not_permitted, -28233);
    DOUBLE_ENCRYPTION_ERR_MSG VARCHAR2(100) :=
    '*** CANNOT DOUBLE ENCRYPT DATA - IGNORING EXCEPTION ***';
    -- 1. Begin testing raw data encryption and decryption
    BEGIN
    dbms_output.put_line('> ========= BEGIN TEST RAW DATA
    =========');
    dbms_output.put_line('> Raw input : ' ||
    sys.UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(raw_input));
    BEGIN
    sys.dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESEncrypt(input => raw_input,
    key => raw_key, encrypted_data => encrypted_raw );
    sys.dbms_output.put_line('> encrypted hex value : ' ||
    rawtohex(encrypted_raw));
    sys.dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESDecrypt(input => encrypted_raw,
    key => raw_key, decrypted_data => decrypted_raw);
    dbms_output.put_line('> Decrypted raw output : ' ||
    sys.UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(decrypted_raw));
    dbms_output.put_line('> ');
    if sys.UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(raw_input) =
    sys.UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(decrypted_raw) THEN
    dbms_output.put_line('> Raw DES Encyption and Decryption
    successful');
    END if;
    EXCEPTION
    WHEN error_in_input_buffer_length THEN
    dbms_output.put_line('> ' || INPUT_BUFFER_LENGTH_ERR_MSG);
    END;
    dbms_output.put_line('> ');
    END;

• How do I encrypt a data file so that only I can retrieve the info?

How do I encrypt a data file so that it cannot be read without the proper authority?  
    I have an application where the customer should not have access to the data I need to record for troubleshooting purposes.  (there are industrial secrets I wish to protect)  My plan is to record a datalog (currently I am producing a tab-delimited spreadsheet format) whenever the device is running and hide the files where they will probably not be found.  But some sort of encryption or at least password protection would be better.  
    I've never tried to do this before, but thought it would be fairly easy.  Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.  
    Thanks
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Well, you could look into something like DES, Triple DES, AES, etc.  There are libries floating around for these written in LabVIEW.  I'm not sure about the cost though.
    If you want a really simple way to protect your data, just invert all or some of the bits in each byte of your file.  It is super simple and turns a nice ASCII text file into noise when read from a text file.
    There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
    Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines

• What modifications are required to make a servlet support SSL data encrypti

Hi,
    What modifications are required to make a servlet support SSL data encryption?
    --kumar                                                                                                                                                                                                

Hi,
    What modifications are required to make a servlet
    support SSL data encryption?
    --kumar No modifications are required in servlet. You have to setup servlet container.

• Is it possible to perform network data encryption between Oracle 11g databases without the advance security option?

Is it possible to perform network data encryption between Oracle 11g databases without the advance security option?
    We are not licensed for the Oracle Advanced Security Option and I have been tasked to use Oracle Network Data Encryption in order to encryption network traffic between Oracle instances that reside on remote servers. From what I have read and my prior understanding this is not possible without ASO. Can someone confirm or disprove my research, thanks.

Hi, Srini Chavali-Oracle
    As for http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/advanced-security/advanced-security-ds-12c-1898873.pdf?ssSourceSiteId… ASO is mentioned as TDE and Redacting Sensitive Data to Display. Network encryption is excluded.
    As for Network Encryption - Oracle FAQ (of course this is not Oracle official) "Since June 2013, Net Encryption is now licensed with Oracle Enterprise Edition and doesn't require Oracle Advanced Security Option." Could you clarify this? Thanks.

Maybe you are looking for

• How to get the sub menus

Hi,        I am passing xml to create the menu.(Menu.createMenu(null, myMenuData, false), After creating the menu, is it possible to check whether the menu object has sub menu or not? Regards, Thiru

• Split-mirror backup: Attempt to mount unknown instance

Hi experts, I am backing up the Oracle database of an SAP system online via the split-mirror approach with a BRBACKUP -t online_split command. After having copied all datafiles, BRBACKUP terminates with the following error message (excerpt): BR0330I

• MacBook does not startup unless I reset the PRAM.

Several times now I have turned on my MacBook and been greeted by a dead, blue screen. The computer does not load Mac OS X from this state. If I reset the PRAM (by forcing a shutdown and then holding CMDOPT+PR when the computer turns on) Mac OS X loa

• Developer tools for Apps 11i

Hi, I have recently installed Oracle Apps 11i on Oracle Linux. I am using this installation to learn about Oracle applications and in particular HRMS. Now I would like to install the Oracle developer tools (Forms, Reports, SQLPLUS, etc) on a windows

• Email from AppleStore saying I need to update my billing information

Has anyone been getting these kind of emails.