Replacing preinstalled Windows with "normal" and clean Windows installation (T500)

Hello,
is there any way, how to replace preinstalled Windows with my super-clean installation of Windows? I'm really not happy with partitioning (honestly, I'm using Linux, so I want just Win partition, Boot partition, Extended partition (with root, home, swap) --- no recovery partition, no foobar partition, which just make no sense for me), given features which I don't need etc. I would rather have clean setup of Windows 7 and have computer installed my way. Also I don't like such toolbar things, and crappy ware of Lenovo already installed.
I can backup Windows 7 activation and restore it to new clean installation - so I don't need to buy new disc... But - where can I get that clean Windows 7 Ultimate shiny disc? Do anyone know? Is it possible to download it from MS site?

The preloaded Windows 7 will probably run faster than a retail version due to the EE optimized drivers. Just uninstall Norton, the Office 2010 Starter trial, the additional media software, and you should be good to go.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

Similar Messages

• Re: Windows activation key and clean Win7 installation

Hi,
    me again :-)
    So, I will install the new ssd in my Tecra R840!
    Since I do not want to clone my actual hdd to ssd but, instead, make a fresh window 7 professional 64 bit install, how can I accomplish this without any DVD (my previous Toshibas..
    .I had 2 before, first one dated from 1997 had CD/DVDs with the OS!).
    So, I have the activation key in the label at the back of my Tecra but I do not have the media with OS!
    Please help to solve this :-)
    Regards,
    paulo

Since, I think, 6 years Toshiba doesn't offer notebooks with recovery DVDs anymore. Original recovery image for certain notebook model is saved on HDD and every notebook owner must/should create recovery disc using preinstalled Toshiba recovery disc creator tool.
    Please create this disc before you change anything and use this disc for further OS installation.
    If you have more questions you are welcome.

• Create Window with Textbox and Button For getting Input Value

Hi All,
    I have create plugin application but i want to take input from user. Therefore i want to create window with textbox and button.
    please may i get solution...

Or if that's all you need to do, just use JavaScript or a form.

• My iphone 3gs is not communicating with itunes and in windows there is an exclamation mark

my iphone 3gs is not communicating with itunes and in windows there is an exclamation mark next to the usb device.  tried removing itunes and reloading, all softwares up to date. just got a new iphone 4s which is on charge but not switched on and used.

For Windows Vista/7 http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes
    For Windows XP http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925.
    Make sure you follow these instructions completely with the phone disconnected from the computer. After the reinstallation, reconnect the phone and it should load the new USB driver.

• Is there a way to leave Windows 7 OS and install Windows 8 additionaly

Is there a way to leave Windows 7 OS and install Windows 8 additionaly with Bootcamp 5, means to have a triple boot option or dual boot option where the windows partition can choose to start windows 7 or windows 8 ?

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities
    The problem you have is that Boot Camp doesn't allow you to create more than two volumes on the hard drive: one for OS X and another one for Windows, so you can't create another one for another Windows. If you want to test Windows 8, I recommend you to download a virtual machine application like VirtualBox, create a virtual machine and install Windows 8 there

• I have a windows XP computer and a windows Vista computer...

I have a windows XP computer and a windows Vista computer that are dropping the wireless connections every so often.  They both stay connected for a period of time, and then they drop the connection.  I need help with this problem as soon as possible.

It's important to know more about it...
    Does these computers worked together without problems before?
    How they are configured?
    If you connect both using cable the problem occurs?
    []s
    Message Edited by brn on 08-09-2007 10:33 AM

• T-43 Procedure for HDD UP grade and clean windows 7 Install

Does any one know of  good step by step outrline for installing a 230 HDD in a T-43 1875 DLU and then a clean install of windows 7 ?  Manhy thanks in advancxe fore your help. . .
    T-43 1875 DLU windown XP SP3 Pentium M 1.73 Gz 2 Gb RAM 60 gb HDD 6c Li;Ion batty
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Thank you, George.  That is just what I was trying to do. 
    I am installing windows 7 on a T-43 with a new 320 GB HDD. I know about the problem.  With the Windows 7 DVD in the slot, I boot and 
    a window comes up "Installing Windows"  then
    Load driver        
            Select the driver to be installed
    Hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this computer?
    Browse        Rescan
    I have tried every file that appears when I browse, but none is installed.  
    It then tells me
    "No device drivers were found.  Make sure that the
    installation media contains the right drivers and click next"
    I believe the "installation media" is the Windows 7 DVD and I don't think there are 
    any IBM/Lenovo drivers on it.  Does anyone know what can I do to get beyond this
    place?
    I must've missed something because it is usually easier than this, or I AM getting
    SLOWER. . .
    I have downloaded all the Windows 7 drivers for the T-43 1875 DLU and have
    them on a flash drive ready to drag and drop into Windows 7 when it appears. I am
    DOS ignorant, having started to learn computers
    in 1995, with Windows 3, I believe.  I am now 81 years old and slowing fast.  
    I'd like to get this laptop set up for my old age!

• Installation of CRM 2007 in Windows with oracle and cluster environment

Dear Experts,
    We are about to start the installation of CRM 2007 (ABAP+JAVA) with
    Oracle 10g on Windows x64 in cluster environment. In the SAPINST dialog
    box under High availability option, I could see installation options like ASCS
    Instance, SCS Instance, First MSCS node, Database Instance, Additional
    MSCS Node, Enqueue Replication Server, Central Instance and Dialog
    Instance.
    I have gone through the installation guide. I have below queries
    regarding the same. Can you please clarify the same
    1) Our requirement is we want to have an ACTIVE-ACTIVE cluster setup
    with sap service running in Node A and Database running in Node B. Can
    we have this setup in ABAP+JAVA setup
    2) Also,in the SAPINST dialog box as said above except last two
    (Central and Dialoge instance) as per standard installation guide are
    to be installed in shared drives as per the requirement. But, central
    and dialog are said to be installed locally on any one node in MSCS or
    in separate server. As per my understanding Dialog instance will be
    used for load balancing which we do not require now. Hence I feel this
    is optional in our case. Where as Central Instance I am not able to
    understand why this option is for? Is it mandatory to be installed or optional. If
    so, when I installed it in one of the MSCS node the incase of failover
    how does it effect the system. As per my understanding ASCS and SCS
    comprise central instance.
    Please clarify and thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Sharath Babu M
    +91-9003072891

I am following as per the standard installation guide.
    Regards
    Sharath

• Session expiration issue with parent and child window

Hi,
    We have two applications (App1 - Implemented using JSF, Spring and Hibernate and App2 -Implemented using Spring MVC, Spring JDBC).
    I have implemented 'Test Access Content' functionality in App1.
    First admin user (Role- Manager) needs to login to App1
    As part of 'Test Access Content' functionality, he enters URL with encrypted key and click 'Test Access' button.
    It opens new window (implemented using java script - window.open) and hits spring controller of App2.
    In spring controller of App2, I am decrypting the key to get user details. After that i am setting user details in session, constructing final URL to display actual content.
    Problem is parent window maintains session till child window renders response. Once child window renders response, parent window loosing session.
    So, if i click any button in parent window after child window renders response, it displays login page as there is no session for parent window.
    Please note that App1 and App2 are sharing same domain. only context paths are different for both apps (app1 and app2).
    Any suggestions on this issue are much appreciated. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi,
    When you open a child window from parent window then you can access child data in the parent window through javascript.
    We have a main web page. There are quite many links on it from which >user can open new web pages but the data is saved when the submit >button on the main page is clicked. Also data that user entered on the >other sub pages is not displayed in the main window.
    1 is this a case of parent and child window.case 1 When you are submitting the main page you need to run javascript function and get data from child windows and save that to database or session. next time when you are displaying the main window you need to query session or database to display the child window data in the main window.
    Case 2> closing child window and you need data in the parent. This can be done in two ways.
    1> When you are closing the child window populate some variables of the main window using javasript.
    2> Save the values in the database or session and refresh the main window and extract data from database or session
    Where should the data be saved that user enetered on the sub pages as the data is not shown in the main page - should it be stored in the session?It is design decision. You can store data in either session or database when you are closing the child window. But ifyou are saving the data on the main page then you can populate main page with child windows data using javascript. Save the data t database when main window data is saved. Depends on business requirements.
    In short if you are saving child windows data in session or database then you need to refresh main screen to pull that data otherwise populate main screen using javascript.
    I hope i answered your questions :) best of luck

• Issues with BootCamp and mounted windows 8 install disk

I've been trying to install Windows 8 from a mounted Windows 8 System Builder install disk. When I mount the ISO and try to use bootcamp to install windows 8 the bootcamp application will not recognize the install disk I have mounted. Any issues? I've also attempted to install the disk on USB with no luck. The reason I need the mounted ISO is because my DVD drive is busted. I created ISO on a friends macbook pro by using disk utility. I have the dmg file, cdr file, and iso file but have had no luck with any of them. Can anyone help? I'd really like not to have to have to buy an external DVD drive.

Google is your friend. Easy? Probably not but it appears doable. Proceed at your own risk.
    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/11/no-support-no-problem-inst alling-windows-8-on-a-mac-with-boot-camp/

• Need help with backup and clean install

Need Assistance with G5
    Background
    I'm an inexperienced Mac user with a G5, twin 2.0 gig processors and 1.5
    gig ram. The OS is v10.3.6. It is the latest OS that will not slow down
    internet (Safari/Mail) applications. Anything newer has really slowed internet applications down big time.
    Current Problem
    I've probably messed up my hard drive by switching back and forth
    (archive/install) from newer to present OS. I now have corrupted data and
    while my Mac is useable, several things do not work (disk utility, printing
    and possibly more). I have a mixture of new and older versions of
    these applications/utilities in my OS.
    Going Forward
    I believe I need to wipe out my hard drive and do a clean install. I also have a Mac mini which I can use (I believe) for backup via firewire.
    Backup
    Is everything I need to backup in the "User" folder? My spouse and I have
    separate accounts and a shared account on the same Mac, with a total of 8.5 gig of data, mostly photo's and music. We want to save that and the usual preferences and favorites/bookmarks/addresses/email, etc. It would be nice if all I had to do was drag the user folder into the target drive.
    I'd appreciate any assistance. I have more questions which I'll get to later, but I need to start somewhere.
    Thanks all
    Mac G5    

Backing up your Users folder will save everything in all the accounts on the computer including pictures, music, preferences, etc. as long as they were kept in that folder.
    If you have File Vault turned on you should turn it off. The "correct" procedure for transferring to your Mac Mini is as follows:
    1. Turn both computers off. Connect them together with a Firewire cable.
    2. Boot the G5 into Target Disk Mode.
    3. Then boot the Mac Mini normally. The G5's hard drive should be present on the Mini's Desktop.
    4. Create a new folder on the Mini and name it something appropriate like G5 User Backup. Drag the Users folder on the G5 into this new folder on the Mini.
    After the transfer completes you should verify that everything has been transferred and is there in the folder.
    5. Drag the G5's hard drive icon from the Desktop to the Trash or CTRL-click on its icon and select Eject from the contextual menu.
    6. Shutdown the G5 and remove the Firewire cable connecting the two computers.
    You can now proceed to fix the G5. Because you are planning to erase the hard drive I would like to suggest you do an extended format to prep the hard drive properly for your restoration:
    1. Boot from your Panther Installer Disk. After the installer loads select Disk Utility from the Installer menu.
    2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.
    3. Set the number of partitions from the dropdown menu (use 1 partition unless you wish to make more.) Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled, if supported.) Click on the Partition button and wait until the volume(s) mount on the Desktop.
    4. Select the volume you just created (this is the sub-entry under the drive entry) from the left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.
    5. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled, if supported.) Click on the Options button, check the button for Zero Data and click on OK to return to the Erase window.
    6. Click on the Erase button. The format process will take 30 minutes to an hour or more depending upon the drive size.
    You can then quit Disk Utility and return to the installer. Now proceed to reinstall OS X. Be sure you set up your accounts with the exact same usernames and passwords as you used before.
    Once you have completed your reinstallation on the G5 you can restore your Users folder from the Mac Mini.
    1. Shut down both computers. Connect them with a Firewire cable.
    2. Boot the G5 into Target Disk Mode.
    3. Boot the Mac Mini normally. G5's hard drive should appear on the Mini's Desktop.
    4. Open a Finder window on the G5's hard drive and drag the Users folder to the Trash (don't delete yet.)
    5. Now copy the saved Users folder from the Mac Mini to the G5 (only the Users folder, not the folder in which you stored it.)
    6. Eject the G5's hard drive from the Mini's Desktop and shut down the G5.
    7. Disconnect the Firewire cable.
    Now restart the G5. If all worked well it should start up normally and you should find everything normal in your accounts.
    There is one potential problem in all the above. All your account preferences are contained in the Users folder. If you have any corrupted preferences, they will still be corrupted and may continue to cause problems. If that's the case you may need to trash the /Home/Library/Preferences/ folder's contents. Hopefully, this won't be the case, but you should be aware of the possibility.
    If eveything is working normally you can empty the Trash and delete the contents. Same on the Mac Mini.

• Problems with replace file name with starting and ending Bates number

When applying Bates numbers to a set of Acrobat pdf files I am unable to replace file names with the starting and ending Bates number. This is important
    for me in a legal application.
    The Bates numbers are applied to each page of each of file without any problem as required.
    The Bates log file indicates that the files have been renamed as I wanted.
    I am running Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 with the update to 9.1.9 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 (the last or current service pack)
    In all other respects Adobe Acrobat 9 is running to my satisfaction.
    Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
    HRKExon

Thanks for asking the question, I hadn't heard of Bates numbers before and this gave me a chance to look up something new.
    When I googled for ' bates number legal index ' I found this document:
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/batesnumbering9.pdf
    Maybe that will help.
    Scott Bonacker CPA
    Springfield, MO

• Replace old router with WRT110 and now I can not see shared printer on network

Replaced a BEFW11S4 with a WRT110. Now I can not see a shared printer on the network any more. I have not changed anything on the computer that has the printer shared. I can see the internet on all the computers, but not the shared printer. can you help?

First which you need to check, is your printer is working Offline on your computer. In this case you need to Re-map your Printer on your Computers back again. First check if you have any Firewall or Antivurs Installed on your computer try to disable it and check if you are able to print from your computer. If not then try to Remap the printer on your computer.
    Go to Network connections window and if you are able to see your computer name on which the printer is installed, then right click on the Printer and click on "Connect" or "MAP" once done you will be able to print from your computer. 
    Note down the IP address of the Computer on which you have Installed the Printer. (Click on Start - Run - CMD and click Ok, now in the command prompt type "ipconfig" and note down the Ip address, Then go to your other computer and Click on Start - Run - CMD and click Ok and now in the Command prompt type "ping (IP address of your main computer) and hit enter and check if you are getting any replies. If yes, then again click on "Start - Run - type ( \\ip address of your main computer) and click Ok, and now you will be able to see your printer name then right click on it and click on "Connect" or Map, once done, now check if you are able to print from your computer. 

• Joining a "now" window with a tuple-based window

I got an error when writing a CQL query that joins 2 streams, one with a "now" window and one with a tuple-based window, like:
    select * from stream1[now], stream2[rows 1]
    When this query fires, I get a "TableSource not defined" error for stream1. When I change stream2[rows 1] to a range-based window, like stream2[range 1 seconds], the error goes away. What could be causing this issue?

Hi prajulakc,
    Thank you for your question. Currently the active window selected when you create a new window that new window will take the active window's screensize.
    You can add a preference: see also [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/754273 question/754273]

• Windows 7 upgrade and existing Windows Vista Home Premium license...?

Hi,
    As per Lenovo's scheme, after applying for Windows 7 64 bit upgrade and upon receiving the installer DVD, do I need to compulsorily install it?
    Does "upgrade" here really mean that the day when the Windows 7 DVD was issued on my name, my existing Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit license will become Invalid or get expired? Or I can continue using my existing installed Windows Vista on my Laptop and install the received copy of Windows 7 as and when I want or even don't install it on my Laptop, if happy using existing Windows Vista only?
    Regards,
    Aniket Dumbare

More Information
    I just found instructions to run "BCDEdit" and the results were the following so  it looks like the "Boot Manager" is on S while the "Boot Loader" is on C (Whatever that means)
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\Windows\system32>Bcdedit
    Windows Boot Manager
    identifier {bootmgr}
    device partition=S:
    description Windows Boot Manager
    locale en-US
    inherit {globalsettings}
    default {current}
    resumeobject {2164a006-c421-11de-8836-de5db8963170}
    displayorder {current}
    toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
    timeout 30