Two things that bug me with my T400

I got a T400 and I have it how i like it except for two things:
1.) The harddrive light flicks about every second or shorter.  What is accessing my hard drive all the time?  (I installed a SSD but I think it did the same thing before I installed it)
2.) The lenovo service take FOREVER to startup.  I try to bring up the internet (Fn+F5) or the ThinkVantage button and it thinks a for little and then NOTHING COMES UP.  I have to wait about 10 minutes after startup and then click I can click the button and the service will start
I've updated both my Lenovo service and Windows.  What can I do to fix this?

@Elmware
Which headphone settings do you have on the Music app? 
settings > audio settings > sound effects > headphone settings
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Similar Messages

• The one thing that bugs me about the iMac design is.....

The one thing that bugs me about the imac is..... the sleep mode led.
    Was it beyond the ken of the designers to make it apple shaped?
    Now - call me recklessy stupid, but.....
    Having seen how easily the front cover can be detatched, how much of a dolt would i be to try and fit a foil blank apple, or apple shaped hole blank inside the casing to rectify this inconsequential but nagging annoyance?
    You see, recently making the leap from pc land, I am left with hours of empty time on my hands.
    Time that would usually be profitably taken up by debugging, reinstalling, restarting, recovering, rebooting and waiting for all of the above, and generally working around the 'beige box of nightmares'.
    Or should I just stop proctastinating and finish off the latest chapter of my upcoming video project, to be previewed 4 weeks tonight?

Whip out your hacksaw and have at it, realizing you are voiding any warranty that you had.
    Good luck.

• I have two iPods that show up with the same name on my iTunes account.  How do I separate them?

I have two iPods that show up with the same name on my iTunes account.  How do I correct so that I can put different music on each ipod?

I figured it out.  Thanks.

• Things that are wrong with GNU Java

I thought I'd start this topic for reference. Contributions and corrections welcome.
    Things I've encountered or seen here over the years:
    1. Incompatible under Serialization.
    2. Incompatible under RMI.
    3. Swing support is either missing or incomplete.
    4. jni.h doesn't agree with the JNI specification (found this yesterday: dozens of 'const's missing on parameters, and jboolean and jbyte both map to the same underlying native type, unlike the real jni.h).
    I suppose it might ultimately have been more efficient to start a topic 'Things that are right with GNU Java' ...

I can't agree with that. If anyone implements Java, for any reason, good or bad, they are supposed to get it right. IBM's Java exists and doesn't have these problems. And there are other vendors. There's only one 'vendor' with a majjor problem and that's what the thread is about.
    GNU has got it so wrong with their 'Java' that I can't see how it can possibly pass the compatibility tests, so how they can get away with calling it Java at all is another mystery ... When you look at their offerings, GCC is really their only major success. Their original goal, a GNU kernel, was never finished ...
    For the record, and the purpose of this thread, GNI Java ['supports most of the 1.4 libraries plus some 1.5 additions'|http://gcc.gnu.org/java/]. In other words they haven't finished 1.4 yet, which came out on Feb 13, 2002, and is now in end-of-life, which ['will complete October 30th, 2008'|http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/]. Let alone 1.5 which came out on Sept 29, 2004. Their target? ['GNU Classpath 1.0 will be fully compatible with the 1.1 and 1.2 API specifications, in addition to having significant (>95%) compatability with the 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 APIs'|http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/]. In other words 1.0 isn't out yet.

• HT201317 I've noticed two things that my ipad no longer does, if save an image from graphic art on the internet, it used to save them to photostream, it no longer does, and with all the settings on my photos no longer shared between ipad and pc, like it u

I've noticed two things my Ipad no longer does, If I save an image from an internet graphic file - facebook or whatever, the photo used to be saved to photostream... it no longer saves it to anywhere. Also having made sure all the boxes are ticked with photostream and ICloud and not knowingly changed anything, photos take with Ipad/photostream no longer end up in icloud and available to other machines eg. windows pc. Anyone got any suggestions?

Try here:
    iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting
    iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
    To get the calender and contacts back if you can't get the iPod working is to restore the new iPod from the backup of the old one.

• Just some various things that I see with iTunes 7....

Ok, to start off with, history..
    Computer(s)
    System one: Home built. (I own my own computer shop)
    AMD XP 2800 running @ 2083mhz. 1024 MB of DDR 400MHz Ram. 4 Hard drives totaling 480 GB of storage space. DVD everything drive from Lite-On. 256 MB nVidia 5700LE AGP 8x video. On-board Avance AC97 Audio card using the Digital SPDIF out to a 5.1 Digital Surround system. (this is just an office system, nothing fancy really)
    System two: Dell Inspiron 4100 PIII 1.13 GHz, 512mb, 40 GB.
    I use iTunes primarily on the AMD system. To date, I have not had that many problems, other than it being a resource hog at times. And especially with the laptop. But that is expected.
    Couple things I have a beef with. I have been using this iTunes for around 3 or 4 years now. I recently started downloading TV shows. They have been playing and working fine on both the laptop and desktop, playing good, no stuttering etc.
    Now all of a sudden, you upgrade us to 7. We can't purchase new videos unless we upgrade. Fine, I upgrade. Normally I do my big downloads with my laptop, as I do not have high speed where the AMD system is. No biggie.
    First off, I noticed some differences. Number one, being the file sizes of the video has changed. For example Battlestar Galacta. Previous seasions before season 2. File sizes averaged 200MB, total bit rate of around 600. Now they are around 500MB per episode, and 1500 bitrate!!
    This makes me ask the question...
    Does this mean that my previous downloads of lesser quality are a WASTE, since you now have these bigger and better? That kinda irked me off actually. I would like to see that rectified, with the option to be able to re-download any I have previously purchased, so that the quality matched across the board.
    Second. This newer quality video, KILLS the video playback capabilities. I mean, now it actually stutters somewhat on playback, even on the AMD machine. Not likeing that. They won't even play on the laptop anymore. Not even the older ones. What in the world did you do to the poor thing???
    Third. This is mostly to those with cracking sound. My guess is... System being played from may not be able to keep up with the demands on the CPU of the new version of iTunes. I don't have that problem, but I am playing it via a digital link, not analog. My laptop however sounded normal on playback of music.
    More to that fact, I have noticed a serious slow down with response on both machines while using iTunes. Any reason why that is? And can it be fixed?
    Finally. Why is the system CPU time in such high demand during a download of a purchased file? It pegs the system at 100 percent the entire time it is downloading, and can take up to 10 minutes to know if I clicked pause on the download screen. THAT is a problem. Again, this was on the laptop, but it was NEVER like that before.
    Anyways, this is my thing, so any info would be appreciated. And I hope someone at Apple really takes heed at this. Hope this helps some of you out there!
    Ace

Hey DTM, you may want to consider reporting these concerns using the iTunes Feedback page at http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html.
    custom built   Windows XP Pro  

• It's the little things that bug me...

This is really a bit of a rant; though if someone can help to fix any of my problems that'd be great.
    1. The way that all available midi notes in the entire song seem to appear on the Midi editor window (forget what it's called in Logic) if you double click on it (this must just be me, right??)
    2. The way the scrolling works - if I have a loop of say four bars, Logic doesn't seem to be clever enough to realise it'd be nice if it didn't move the entire arrange page back and forward - that is; a loop which is small enough to fit on the screen doesn't automatically do that. And the follow song button seems to do nothing at times
    3. The limiters - they don't work! I suffer awful PDC with the adaptive limiter on individual tracks, and neither of the limiters do what they're supposed to - ie. limit the signal!
    4. When I solo one track, I always seem to get at least one other track through!
    5. The CST reset toggle... it doesn't happen much, but when you do accidentally catch it you know about it... "undo", please!
    So, I'm hoping these are easily fixed (well, probably not the limiter bit...) let me know your thoughts...
    And this rant/mild whistleblowing isn't in place of a "feedback form" - I hope we can fix at least one of the problems!
    Thanks,
    Mickey.

1. The way that all available midi notes in the
    entire song seem to appear on the Midi editor window
    (forget what it's called in Logic) if you double
    click on it (this must just be me, right??)
    If you mean the Matrix Editor, you're describing what dbl-clilcking in a blank area of that editor is supposed to do. But probably like you, it's rare that I ever want to see that display. From time to time I'll accidentally call up this display when I think I'm dbl-clicking on a note (to see it in an Event Editor window) but I accidentally click on a blank space in the Matrix Editor instead.
    I think this function, so rarely needed, should be modified so that it's invoked by having to hold down a modifier key+dbl click instead. But if you see the all-notes display and you didn't mean to see it, it's pilot error.
    2. The way the scrolling works - if I have a loop of
    say four bars, Logic doesn't seem to be clever enough
    to realise it'd be nice if it didn't move the entire
    arrange page back and forward - that is; a loop which
    is small enough to fit on the screen doesn't
    automatically do that. And the follow song button
    seems to do nothing at times
    True 'nuf. I'd recommend having the Catch function on a key command (mine's "A") and be able to turn it on and off as you see fit. Turning Catch off will solve this problem, but I agree that the problem you described is annoying.
    3. The limiters - they don't work! I suffer awful PDC
    with the adaptive limiter on individual tracks, and
    neither of the limiters do what they're supposed to -
    ie. limit the signal!
    What's PDC?
    4. When I solo one track, I always seem to get at
    least one other track through!
    I run into this too. Logic is buggy when it comes to certain Soloing operations. My advice would be to set up a key command for "deselect all tracks" or "deselect all objects" (it's one of those two). Hit this before you solo anything.
    5. The CST reset toggle... it doesn't happen much,
    but when you do accidentally catch it you know about
    it... "undo", please!
    CST?
    And this rant/mild whistleblowing isn't in place of a
    "feedback form" - I hope we can fix at least one of
    the problems!
    Since Apple is so secretive and un-communicative as a software manufacturer, and doesn't bother to acknowledge known and unknown issues with Logic, IMO the best thing you could do is post your problems here (as well as the feedback thing). This way other users will either be able to help you out, or, from your experience they'll learn something more about their system.
    Anyway, that's my lil' rant on top of your rant.

• Things that bother me with Verizon

I was hoping that Verizon would provide a customer support e-mail address but I couldn't find it. I'm unhappy about a number of things with FIOS TV. First I signed on because of what seemed like a good deal but unlike cable I needed to pay for an adapter for each TV in the house ranging from 5.99 to 16.99 per month.  Not such a deal. The order of channels is somewhat annoying with the additional fee channels inter mixed so that you have to scroll through them to find what you want. Then I found that BBC America, a channel that was part of the basic with cable was part of a premium package which included a host of channels I didn't want. It had been available on demand but that has gone away. So none of these things may be major, they are annoying enough that when the deal ends I will be done. 

Hi kroman,
    Welcome to the Palm forums! Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Pre. Let's see if we can fix those for you.
    1. There have been several updates that improve performance. Let's make sure you have the latest update:
    Tap the center button to minimize any open cards
    Type Updates (the icon for Updates will display)
    Tap on the Updates Icon
    If an update is available, tap Download Now.
    Tap Install Now once the download is finished.
    2. Transferring music and images to/from the computer is done through USB Drive mode. This is a mode that makes the Pre look like a USB hard drive. Simply plug the phone into the computer with the USB cable, then tap USB Drive on the phone. If you want to transfer pictures and videos you've taken from your phone, they're in the DCIM\100PALM folder.
    3. What about GPS isn't working? More specifically, which app isn't working. The Pre can use GPS, aGPS, Cell ID, and Wi-Fi ID to find your location depending on which app you use, so I'm going to need some more information before we can work this one out.
    Hope this helps and I'll look for your reply.

• Every thing that is wrong with the PRE's post!

I tried looking through the forums but my phone is refusing to cooperate so I have to place this thread here. Please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum later.
    •The internet always seems to reload my pages making it impossible to hit the back button for it delets my previous pages. 
    •Sluggish response from every thing. Which leads to a locked phone.
    •To often told "no room for new cards, close cards!"
    •Email has been on the fritz telling me "it cannot connect to (insert)".
    •Since the update(1.4) I can't pinch when using pdf files, so viewing size is compromised significantly.
    These are the host of problems I can come up with in 15minutes. I'm sure I am likely to have problems with my video recording program, but I never used it.

defbyblues wrote:
    How often does palm admin frequent here? 
    Why not search for his posts yourself?  You would get an accurate answer that way... 
    WyreNut
    I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
    You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
    If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• HT1688 ok i have a iphone 3 and there are some things that is wrong with it can it be fixed and if so where or who do i talk to

i have a iphone 3 and there is things wrong with it can it be fixed and who do i talk to to get it fixed

Apple does not repair iPhones, but will replace the entire iPhone for a flat fee; see the Service Pricing section here:
    http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/
    There are independent iPhone repair services that may be able to do a repair for less, though of course it depends on what's wrong with it. Do a web search for "iPhone repair". Note, though, that if you elect to have the iPhone serviced by an unauthorized shop, all further support from Apple will be voided.
    The iPhone 3G is pretty old now by smartphone standards, though, so you might want to consider putting your money toward a new, or at least newer, iPhone rather than spending to repair your current unit.
    Regards.

• Lightroom 2..2 Crashes (XP): Two things that seemed to help

Like a number of other users, I have experienced a record number of crashes since I upgraded to Lightroom 2.0. 2.2 only made it worse. I have tried most of the steps recommended in the FAQ, without much success. Here are a couple of fixes I have tried that seem to substantially reduce, though not eliminate, crashes for me. YMMV.
    1. I run AVG antivirus software. I disabled the "Resident Shield" option. This is the internal monitoring function that scans files as they are copied, opened and saved. Lightroom generates a huge number of files. Disabling this function seemed to help. I believe several other anti virus software programs like Norton have similar functions that monitor internal processes that can be defeated.(This is a relatively recent "innovation" in virus software.)
    2. When it was really getting buggy, rather than do a complete uninstall/reinstall of Lightroom 2.2, I left the current install on the machine, launched the 2.2 upgrade installer and selected "Repair" rather than "install." That went pretty quick and when I relaunced, performance was substantially better with greatly reduced crashes. I know this may seem ridiculously elementary, but it made a difference.
    Having said that, as others have pointed out, using the brush function vigorously still just about guarantees a crash is in my near future, so when I am using the brush, I regularly exit and relaunch the application.
    Adobe, why isn't there a "Save" command so I don't have to exit? That would make living with this buggy release a lot easier.
    Hope this helps.
    WW

My thoughts exactly. A good thing about Lightroom is that it does "save" your changes almost immediately, so you don't lose all of them in a crash. That is probably why Adobe does not have a "Save" command.
    The problem is that Adobe did not count on an application that can freeze solid like Arctic Tundra every 20-minutes or so. Preemptively exiting and relaunching helps avoid that by (apparently) resetting resources. A "save" command that performs the same function would be faster & easier.
    WW

• Things that bug me about Java: MalformedURLException

Anyone else think it's funny that when I call
    File f = ...
    URL url = f.toURL()
    I've got to catch a MalformedURLException? When could this exception EVER happen? Can anyone answer that?
    Why is MalformedURLException not a RuntimeException? Of all the exceptions out in java land, this is one that has almost never come up for me, and in any case should be totally preventable by the programmer just as NullPointer or ArrayOutOfBounds exceptions are

I was under the impression that a File was not directly linked to a physical file. In effect you can create a File instance with almost any gibberish. That gibberish could possibly be invalid when converted to a URL or may not be parasble into a url. (relative file paths may be a source of this (Im not sure though). I belive you can also create an "empty" path
    File f = new File("");There may be senible ways of handling conversion of this to a URL but I don't think it does.
    Even if toURL does succed it does not necessarily produce a valid URL (It does not escape special characters)
    matfud

• Two things that apple needs to do...

apple, pleeeease bring back the brushed metal. it was a nice touch.
    i understand that it was replaced as a backing with plastic to improve gps tracking. that makes sense - but wouldn't it make sense to replace the tacky looking silver plastic edging with brushed metal? it wouldn't interfer with gps reception and would bring back some of the class the brushed metal casing brought to the design.

but wouldn't it make sense to replace the tacky looking silver plastic edging with brushed metal?
    Not from a financial perspective.
    Dave M.
    MacOSG Founder/Ambassador  An Apple User Group  iTunes: MacOSG Podcast
    Creator of 'Mac611 - Mobile Mac Support' (designed exclusively for an iPhone/iPod touch)

• My mac needs to be updated...it tells me that it doesn't have any updates but i have several things that wont operate with the software it has on it....its has been several years since ive actually sat down to use this one so i know it is behind

desk top is seriously behind on software, i just wanna get it back up to date

You don't say what model of Mac Pro you have, but all will run 10.6, which is the base version required to run the App Store and progress to further versions. The first two models of Mac Pro (2006 and 2007) cannot go further than 10.7.
    You can get a 10.6.3 retail DVD online at most vendors (eg amazon) and update to 10.6.8 after that using Software Update.
    Matt

• Two Things - Links and Text

So there are two things that drive me crazy when using Muse, both of which are a huge inconvenience to the site builder and the customer:
    1 - All text is automatically turned into image when lived.
    2 - You can't link text directly in a paragraph. You have to leave an empty space and then try to line up an individual menu link with the text.
    I really hope the newer versions of MUSE fix this. Or is there a way to avoid these problems that I'm not aware of?

Hello HWheeler,
    I posted this information on your idea as well, but I will address it here so others can see it.
    Likely if the text is being turned into an image, you are using a non-websafe font. Muse does this to ensure that all users will see it the same, regardless of whether or not the user has that font installed. Using web-safe fonts (on the web-safe font list) allow you to export the item as text, which can be selected, copy/pasted, etc.
    Likely, this issue stems from the first. Using a websafe font, you can select the text you want to turn into a link, and then in the control strip (just above the page) use the Hyperlink box to link the text to an URL or page you'd like.
    Regards,

Maybe you are looking for