Problems synching with Palm Tungsten T3

I am having problems synching with my Palm Tungsten T3 datebook to Outlook 2003.  It was working up until about a week ago.  When I try to synch, it works for a few items and then I get the error message Pilot connector "Unable to read application data".  I click OK and then it finishes.  Below is the information I get in my log:
HotSync operation started 07/29/08 15:21:15
OK Expense
OK Note Pad
OK Voice Memo
OK Photos
Palm handheld database could not be opened (4004).
Unable to communicate with Palm handheld (400D).
   -- Backing up db Bluetooth Trusted Devices to file C:\Program Files\Palm\PageT\Backup\Bluetooth_Trusted_Devices.PDB
   -- Backing up db Bluetooth Device Cache to file C:\Program Files\Palm\PageT\Backup\Bluetooth_Device_Cache.PDB
   -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program Files\Palm\PageT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
OK System
HotSync operation complete 07/29/08 15:22:20
I use Intellisync Desktop and Windows XP.  I tried a soft reset with no luck. 
Any help would be great!
Thanks!
Tammy
Post relates to: Tungsten T3

don't know if you can help.  i have a t-3 and when i last synced it erased all of my calander on both the device and my palm desktop.  the log said i had exceeded my file number and needed to erase some calander files and resynch.  tried but to no avail.  i can see folders in my palm program folder in windows i have calander backup data.  but i cannot import them under the file options from palm desktop program.  need some help please, i never knew before but do know now i should've backed up that data onto a cd or thumb drive.
Post relates to: Tungsten T3

Similar Messages

• Complex problems synching with Tiger 1.4.3 upgrade

After finally getting the courage to upgrade to Tiger on my iMac G4, I do have problems synching.
    I have a Zire 21 Palm. Nothing worked so I upgraded the Palm Desktop Software to 4.2.1 as required. Went to HotSync Conduit settings and enabled HotSynch for this Palm device. Opened iSynch, went through the enable Palm synching. Get the message to finish setting up your Palm OS device you need to select the HotSynch conduit in HotSynch Manager. (But I thought I already did that.) Anyway, I press the hot button, after a while it says connecting to Palm device, but the job never stops. I have to cancel, and no data has been transferred.
    I ALSO have an iPod. I explore this, I plug the iPod in after upgrading the iPod software as suggested. I set the contacts and calendars panel to synchronize (and to update podcasts, too), Now iTunes keeps telling me it's updating my calendar and contact information. It tells me this for over an hour. I have to go some where, I cancel, when I come back, it goes back to its labor. I don't think it should take this long.
    I also think the .Mac synching isn't working quite right, but I'll settle for a solution to the other problems.
    Bottom line, I still have no way to carry my calendar around with me. Help is needed.

Ok, here is a copy of the iSynch log. I had never looked at this before.
    11:15:46 AM Connecting to Jim Andris
    11:15:46 AM Device "Jim Andris" connected
    11:22:09 AM Warning Device "Jim Andris" synchronization cancelled
    You suggest reconfigure iSync so that calendars and tasks are turned off - and contacts are turned on - without making any other configuration changes
    I went in and changed all other conduits in the Hotsync Manager to Do Nothing EXCEPT FOR iSync conduit, which is enabled.
    Then I unchecked the Calendars and checked Contacts on the Zire 21 menu on the iSync panel. I pressed the hot button on the Zire at 9:23 am. It said “Connecting Jim Andris” (which is my user id) Then it switched to just Connecting… It is just spinning with about a tenth of the bar in blue.
    Later (10:15 am)
    In the Zire 21 log it says
    Last HotSync operation
    11/16/05 9:29 am
    iSync conduit synchronization failed.
    Here is the message in the Desktop Palm Log
    HotSync 3.2 started 11/16/05 9:22:46 AM
    Local Synchronization
    Install did nothing
    iSync Conduit starting 11/16/05 9:22:48 AM
    Timeout waiting for Sync Engine, exiting 11/16/05 9:29:07 AM
    iSync Conduit: received NULL message, disconnecting... 11/16/05 9:29:07 AM
    iSync Conduit synchronization failed
    “iSync Conduit” failed (error = #-1)
    Voice Memo did nothing
    SplashShopper did nothing
    SplashPhoto did nothing
    SplashMoney did nothing
    SplashID did nothing
    Media did nothing
    Note Pad did nothing
    Memos did nothing
    Memo Pad did nothing
    Install did nothing
    Backup did nothing
    Last sync time and PC ID updated on handheld
    HotSync Complete 11/16/05 9:29:09 AM
    Here is the message in the iSync log
    Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:22:50 AM CST
    9:22:50 AM Connecting to Jim Andris
    9:22:50 AM Device "Jim Andris" connected
    9:30:00 AM Receiving changes from "Jim Andris".
    9:30:09 AM "Jim Andris" finished receiving changes
    9:30:12 AM "Jim Andris" Processing changes...
    9:30:12 AM "Jim Andris" engine processing complete
    9:30:12 AM Applying changes to "Jim Andris"
    9:30:15 AM Device "Jim Andris" connected
    9:30:15 AM Receiving changes from "Jim Andris".
    9:30:15 AM "Jim Andris" Processing changes...
    9:30:15 AM "Jim Andris" engine processing complete
    9:30:15 AM Applying changes to "Jim Andris"
    9:30:15 AM Device "Jim Andris" synchronization complete
    9:22:50 AM Connecting to Jim Andris
    9:22:50 AM Device "Jim Andris" connected
    9:30:00 AM Receiving changes from "Jim Andris".
    9:30:09 AM "Jim Andris" finished receiving changes
    9:30:12 AM "Jim Andris" Processing changes...
    9:30:12 AM "Jim Andris" engine processing complete
    9:30:12 AM Applying changes to "Jim Andris"
    9:30:15 AM Device "Jim Andris" connected
    9:30:15 AM Receiving changes from "Jim Andris".
    9:30:15 AM "Jim Andris" Processing changes...
    9:30:15 AM "Jim Andris" engine processing complete
    9:30:15 AM Applying changes to "Jim Andris"
    9:30:15 AM Device "Jim Andris" synchronization complete

• Synching with Palm

I have a Palm Tungsten E (Palm OS 5.2.1). I want to replace it, and my current cell phone, with a Blackberry Curve. I want to synch all my dates, contacts and memos with the Blackberry Curve. This would be a one-time event--once it's done I won't be using my Palm again. Is this possible? I don't want to have to re-enter hundreds of entries into my Curve.

Load the BB Desktop Manager to your PC. I would recommend version 4.6 withOUT the media manager.
    Download Desktop Manager from here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
    Then, you will use the Switch Device Wizard from within DM to move all your data, calendar, contacts, etc., from the Palm to your BB. It is made to be quite simple and seamless.
    A second option would be sync your Palm with Outlook, and then Outlook to the BB.
    Message Edited by JSanders on 10-23-2008 03:18 PM
    1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
    2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
    3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
    4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
    Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
    BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

• Can't sync Calender with Palm Tungsten T2.

I'm using Windows Vista and when I press Hotsync on my Palm, it won't sync the calender events from PC to Palm but will sync from Palm to PC. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Post relates to: Tungsten T2

I have the same problem but with all the standard apps - calendar, memos, address book, syncing my "new" T2 to Windows XP running desktop 4.1.4.  3rd-party apps seemed to sync fine, though Docs 2 Go and Easy Calc need the coirrect version... sigh....
    Years ago I had a T2 synced to this computer and this user name, I believe I've upgraded palm desktop SW since then and most recently had an E2, but that got run over, so I picked up this T2.
    I tried doing another hard reset and re-loading, but still the sync claims everything is fine, but no data.  Not sure how to tell what version of SW the palm has on it.  Maybe the palm and desktop version are not compatible????
    Post relates to: Tungsten T2

• Sharing Internet with Palm Tungsten T3 via Bluetooth - possible still?

Ok...I know I'm using legacy technology with the Palm Tungsten T3 and it seems that all discussions online that I've found are out of date. Even Missing Sync's Internet Sharing product is discontinued. But I'm running 10.5 on my MacBook Pro...so I would have thought that sharing via Bluetooth PAN would work.
    But could be that Bluetooth PAN is something too new for the T3 to handle. So then am I back to using Terminal to run a separate PPP server for the T3? If that's the case...I guess I can try these instructions from 2003 and 2002:
    http://www.bioneural.net/2003/10/12/mac-internet-on-palm-via-bluetooth/
    http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20021103062212288
    Message was edited by: elvinc

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!
    You'll most likely need an application called Softick PPP:
    http://www.softick.com/ppp/
    WyreNut
    I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
    You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
    If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• Hotsynch with Palm Tungsten T5

Hi- I have  Palm OS desktop that was installed from a Palm Zire! The actual Palm has ceased working and I now have a Palm Tungsten T5.  When I tried to Hotsynch for first time it says that it can't connect with computer. There is no installer CD. I am using Vista.  Please help as I need all my memo notes for work! Also- not all that computer savvy!
    Thanks
    Post relates to: Tungsten T5

jipds wrote:
    Hi!  I am trying to synchronize my Tungsten T5 with Win 7 64 bit.
    I installed Desktop 6.2.2 as adviced here, but my palm does not detects nor lists the pc on the synchronizable pc's list (nearby devices).
    Is there something else to be done?
    thanks
    Jipds 
    And how are you trying to do this?  Via Bluetooth?
    Have you paired the two devices?  Does your computer have a BlueTooth radio in it?
    As a bit of a guide, here's an article on how to Hotsync a Centro via BlueTooth:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/nua/launchKB.asp?c=49229
    WyreNut
    I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
    You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
    If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• Synch with palm on a pc?

Hi,
    I'm switching from a palm treo to the iphone. Has anyone been successful in synching palm contacts and calendar?
    Thanks.

I am still working on this also. I spent an hour on the phone with the Palm folks. You need to have the conduits that will sync the Palm to Outlook. It is automatically a part of the lastest Palm Desktop software. Follow their download and install instructions.
    Then select the custom field in the Palm Hotsync manager and select Outlook as the sync location. I chose the "handheld over writes the desktop" option, as I am trying to get my calendar into Outlook and ultimately into my iPhone.
    Then turn on hotsync and it everything goes smoothly, the data goes from your handheld to Outlook.
    I did all of this and my palm handheld tried to sync to Outlook, but was not successful. Outlook on my computer won't sync with my iPhone either, so it may be a problem with my configuration.
    I hope it works for you. Let us know if it works for you.

• Problem Synching with Google Calendar

Having difficulty syching 8900 with Google calendar. Downloaded google synch to phone. When I check the Calendar Properties it show Wireless Synchroniztion as "No". It won't let me change this.. When I try to synch. I get the message that says"Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings" Service is with Tmobile. Not sure which settings are not right.

The calendar options should say no. It will only say "yes" is if you're on a BES. I think I had that error when I first started using Google Sync a while ago. I think I just uninstalled and reinstalled the program after getting that error a few times and then I was able to log in and setup the program
    If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
    Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.

• Problems synching with a second computer

Hi,
    I've searched the docs and forums but can find no help for the problem I am having synching my iPod with a second computer.
    When I plug it in it recognises it but only calls it "E/:" and does nothing else. The iPod screen just continues to say "Do not disconnect".
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ric

Thanks for your help folks, but after reviewing that document etc its not quite the same problem. The computer recognises the iPod as a mass storage device but doesn't show it in Windows Explorer. It does, however, show up in iTunes, but only as "E/:" (at home it comes up as "Ric's iPod") and cannot be updated.
    It is shown as "Update Manually" but I thought that is what I wanted as I'm trying to sync with a second computer?
    What I am trying to achieve is to be able to download the odd podcast or track while at work but more importantly to be able to upload my Nike+ data.
    Thanks again in advance!!
    Ric

• ICal not syncing with Palm Tungsten E

I had to reinstall my operating system to the original Tiger. I reinstalled my Palm Desk top and updated it to 4.2. and synced with the Palm. Then I did a combined update to 10.4.6 & iSync 2.2. I added the Palm devise and did the original sync with the isync button. When I went to sync again later as I had added dates on the Palm I used the hot sync on the Palm. The dates did not show up on the iCal. How do I resolve this issue?

Welcome to Apple Discussions.
    Can you describe what you did a little more clearly? I understand that you reinstalled Mac OS X 10.4, the Palm Desktop 4.2.1—revision D, I presume, from a downloadable package obtained from Palm—then synchronized with the Palm Desktop. You then updated to Mac OS X 10.4.6 by applying a Mac OS Update package, and added your Tungsten E to iSync, presumably using the Enable Palm OS Syncing… option under the iSync Devices menu. Is that correct?
    When you first synchronized using iSync 2.2, did you choose the Merge the data in iCal and on your Palm, or did you choose to Replace the data on your Tungsten E?
    Following your initial synchronization with iSync 2.2, you added, changed or deleted some events on your Tungsten, correct? And those modified records did not show up in iCal after yet another synchronization event, correct?
    The reason that I ask these specific questions is that individuals use such terms as Palm, Palm Desktop, HotSync, iSync button and so on almost interchangeably. By Palm, for example, you could be referring to your device, the Palm Desktop package—including the HotSync Manager and Transport Monitor—installed on your computer, or simply the Palm Desktop contact and calendaring application alone. Depending upon what you are actually trying to convey, the issues and therefore, the resolution of those issues, can be very different.

• Bluetooth error while synching with Palm Treo

When I try to sync my Treo 755p with my iMac I get the following on the phone: Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port in use by another application.
    Problem must exist on the computer because I am able to sync this phone with another mac. The phone is a trusted device on the mac, the software is configured according to the documentation on the palm site. Suggested fixes for this error are to remove any other devices using the port. How do I find out what port it is using so I can remove other devices? The only other devices on this computer are a secondary monitor, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    Message was edited by: stevemazich
    Message was edited by: stevemazich

i am having the same issue. this article has seemed to have helped a lot of people...
    http://www.sharp-tools.net/archives/000365.html

• Is anyone else having big problems synching with iTunes 11.1.3.8

Hi is anyone else getting the same problems that I get with iTunes 11.1.3.8?
    iTunes is VERY slow to load. Then when I try to dowload updates it downloads the first update, then hangs saying "Processing File" It will stay like this until I restart the computer. Sometimes I get the Error Message: Err 3253.
    If I try to close iTunes and then reopen it, it WILL NOT OPEN!
    I have tried repairing itunes through the Control Panel.
    And I have tried deleting and the reinstalling it.
    Any help, advice etc gratefully accepted.
    Merry Christmas to all.

Met,
    Here's a few temporary work-arounds that may work for you, hopefully you don't have a HUGE amount of apps on your iTunes that need updating.
    1.) Update all of the apps via your iPhone/iPad and then sync your device with your iTunes, that will update all the apps that you're unable to update via download on iTunes.
    2.) If the apps aren't on your iPhone/iPad and you've got the room, redownload them to your iPhone/iPad and sync your device. That will update the apps you're unable to update via iTunes, you can delete them off your phone/pad when you're done updating them on your computer.
    3.) Instead of "updating" the apps via the update section of iTunes, make note of what the app is, check that it's still available for download on the store (sometimes stuff gets pulled and you don't want to do this before you check) - once you've confirmed that the app is still available for download, instead of downloading it in the update section DELETE it (remove it entirely from your iTunes and send it to recycle) then RE-DOWNLOAD it fresh from the store, I've found that it's only the update section that hangs on processing, not the store section.
    Hope those help, that's what I did because I'm compulsive about keeping my apps and software up to date.

• Problem synching with MobileMe

I made a MobileMe gallery in iPhoto '09 on my iMac and synchronized with MobileMe. This worked fine and the gallery is available on line. Then I synchronized my Macbook Air and the gallery appears, but only about a third of the pictures are downloaded, the others just have a dotted white outline. I've tried re-synchronizing but with no improvement. Anyone know of a solution or seen this before? My other gallery's are all okay using the same method and I'm using OS-X 10.5.7 with all the latest updates applied.

I used to have that problem with mine and here is how I solved it. First, delete your contacts and calendars that are Mobile Me related on the iPhone. Next, create a unique contact on your phone that you don't have on your mobile me contacts, such as John Doe with a 111-111-1111 phone number. Next create a new contact that you didn't have on your mobile me calendar, such as "event: make mobile me work correctly from 12:00pm to 1:00pm." Now sync your phone with mobile me and when you hit sync it should give you the option to "merge contacts and calendars" or replace contacts and calendars. By clicking merge, this solved my problem of duplication. You can go back and delete the fake event and contact after merging. Hope this helps.

• Problems Synching with Desktop Software & Outlook

I have the desktop software open and it recognizes my blackberry.  However when I click the arrows for synch btwn outlook and the blackberry it pops up an error box with no message.  When I click to the next screen it won't let me select an outlook profile. The Drop down box is empty.  Any suggestions?
    Thank you

Hi and Welcome to the Forums.
    Very odd...no error message at all...in that case, all I can think to suggest is a totally clean start over...here's a procedure:
    I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
    1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)
    2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:
    KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB
    Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful
    3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code​=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
    Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchronizing via USB):
    KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization
    4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/dow​nload_sites.jsp
    5) Install DTM to your PC
    6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
    7) Start the organizer configuration over:
    KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    Hopefully that will get things going again.
    Good luck and let us know!
    Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
    If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
    Join our BBM Channels
    BSCF General Channel
    PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
    Knowledge Base Updates
    PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

• Problems synching with Nike + Server

After I end a workout, am I able to connect to the Nike server to transmit my workout data less than half of the time. The other times, I get an error message that the Nike server was unable to accept my data. This is totally glitchy! My iTunes is the most current available, and my iPod Nano is absolutely up to date.
    I have tried creating a new Nike account and the same problems persist. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how do I fix it? I'm frustrated!!!

Sounds like a problem with their website. You should contact them aboout it.
    CG

Maybe you are looking for