Would a Tamron 18-270 mm lens work with a Canon T51

This forum has been a blessing to me, and I am asking YET another question.
I just purchased a Canon T5i and two lenses, 18-135mm and 55-250mm, thanks to the direction of this wonderful forum.
I am also looking for a lens that would work as an "all-in-one" lens for my travel photography, as changing lenses is not something I like to do on my travels.
Has anyone had any experience using theTamrom 18-270mm with the Canon T5i? Is it compatible with this camera? I read some great reviews about the lens, but do need some information.
Thank you so much!!!!

Yes it will "fit" your T5i. Now will it work?  
You already know my answer. I don't like off-brand lenses and this Tammy is no exception to that statement.
You might consider one review:
Slow and occasionally indecisive autofocus
Geometric distortion across much of the zoom range
Significant chromatic aberration at wideangle and telephoto (especially 270mm)
Macro performance rather compromised (very soft at F6.3, focus shifts on stopping down)
Uneven zoom action, zoom creep when not locked
Slightly sub-par build quality
What you already have is better than most of the off-brand lenses out there. That first concern on the list should turn you off on this Tamron.  
EOS 1Ds Mk III, EOS 1D Mk IV EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L,
EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 EX APO
Photoshop CS6, ACR 8.7, Lightroom 5.7

Similar Messages

• HT1665 I have the iPhone 4S and would like to purchase docking device6. I have the Otter Box Camo case and would like to know which dock will work with the case ON. Thank you.

I have the iPhone 4S and would like to purchase a docking device.  I have the Otter Box Camo case and would like to know which dock will work with the
    case ON.   Thank you.

it might be better to contact otterbox to find out from them what they made it compatible with. 

• I would like to know if labview can works with hp82335b interface

I would like to know if labview can works with hp82335b interface for instruments data aquisitions

Hi,
    on following link: http://ftp.agilent.com/pub/mpusup/pc/old/hp_over.html
    they say:
    "The 82335 will not work under National Instruments Labview in any way, shape, or form. In general, it will not work on any product that doesn't specify that it does work.
    There are no plans for any improvements to this product and no engineering resources on it."
    In case this is true, you will go into trouble with
    your card using LabVIEW.
    Regards
    wha

• What are the settings in Aperture to work with a Canon 9000?

What are the settings in Aperture to work with a Canon 9000? Canon website says Aperture is not supported. Is it True?

Do you mean the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 printer?
    If so, does this help?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3681934?tstart=0

• Will Elements 12 work with my Canon printer model pixma ix6520?

will Elements 12 work with my Canon printer model pixma ix6520?

You must install the TWAIN driver:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/twain-installed-photoshop-elements-11.html
    However, it may still not work, since some scanners are not compatible with the 64-bit PSE 12. Epsons have the most problems, unfortunately.

• Do the older 'film SLR' third party EF lenses work with new Canon DSLR's

I have an old film EOS Rebel G with two lenses (Sigma 28-80 Macro) & (70-300 Quantaray 1:4-5.6 LDO Macro).
    I got away from the SLR style camera several years ago and am now looking to take the plunge again as the quality of the point and shoot and smart phones can't compare.
    I tested both of these lenses on a friend of mine's Canon T3i.  The lenses would not auto focus.  I thought since his camera had the 'red dot' mount they would function but they would only work as a manual focus.  My initial thought was that his camera is really designed to support the EF-S style lens that that is why it could not auto-focus.
    Am I truly out of luck or will some of the higher end (full frame) DSLR's support the auto focus features of these lenses?  Or do the new Canon's not support older third party lenses?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Hi New2dslr,
    While older Canon EF lenses work with our new cameras, we can't be certain with third party lenses.  If modifications for the lenses are not available from their respective manufacturers, I recommend investing in some good quality Canon lenses..
    Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

• Which Speedlite Flash will work with my Canon Rebel EOS T3 1100 D?

Hi, I am new to the digital age and over 55 years old.  My husband bought me a Canon Rebel EOS T3 1100 D in July.   (I fought the "technological" upgrade until my old Canon film camera quit on me.)  I've been taking pictures since 1966, so I'm not new to photographing, just to our technological advances.
    I would so very much appreciate if anyone could help me with which Speedlite flashes will work with my specific Canon T3 Rebel 1100 D camera.  
    Thank you so much for your time. 
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I've just received my 430EX II that I purchased for use with my Rebel T2i. The main reason I purchased the Canon product was....in 60 years of using Canon products I've never had a failure or a bad experience. I've been using the 430EX ll for a few days and I'm quite happy with the results. Far, far better than the built in flash. It's on sale now with free Fed X shipping. That's hard to beat.
    Best of luck with your new camera.
    Joe

• How to get macbook pro to work with a canon wft-e6 wireless file transmitter

I recently purchased a Canon WFT-E6 wireless file transmitter for my 1DX Canon Camera. I can't find a way to set up my Notebook Pro to work with this device. Has anyone run into the same issue? and if so do you have a solution?

My guess is that you will see a wireless network in range using your Airport menu.  The Airport menu looks like
    .  If it is all gray and nothing is inside of it, then the network was not properly setup.  I do not have one, but if you tried to setup the network, and you can't see the device, then you might need Canon's support.

• How well does premiere work with the Canon XH-A1?

I've used premiere for some time now, but the older 6.01/6.5 version. I finally bought a camera based on what folks were saying of the camera, and naively believing "they're all the same when it comes to capture" -- i.e., firewire is firewire, so it's a no brainer.
    The camera I bought was the Canon XHA1, and from what I see from a couple of posts, it sounds like Adobe and Canon are far from bed-partners...
    I downloaded the trial version /specifically/ to test HD capture with the camera before I spent the big $$$ on the upgrade, but it seems the -one- feature I wanted to actually test has been disabled from the trial, which makes it rather worthless for me.
    What I'm curios about is what format the capture takes -- previously, with 6.0 and a DV camcorder, I would capture in "raw" format and the system saved them to disk as .AVI files. With the Canon and a "competitive product", capturing HD creates a multitude of files -- separate audio files, a video file in some obscure format, a "scene" file or index indicating where the cut-points are or should be in the overall video, etc.
    Honestly, I prefer the single file format for media, especially if I preview the entire tape and make a batch-capture list -- makes it easy to deal with "archiving" the captured media later on...

Thanks for the replies -- as it is, I do get a message with the other program >cough<pinnacle>cough< that my system might not adequately "capture" video.  I suppose the system is getting to the "obsolete" stage, even though I followed the "ultimate linux box" article for the specs [AMD 3400, nvidia 6800, corsair memory, SATA disks set up as raid, etc.] but now that I think of it, it was probably the "ultimate linux box" for 2004 or so... ;)<br /><br />editing has been a little mushy with the other program, but so far all I've done is simple cuts and fades [oh, and one night hand-correcting the image stabilzation, but that's a story of it's own...]  I'm kinda turned off by their "buy the package for $130 now, then pay more to turn on each individual feature you thought you were paid for in the first place..."  I don't know if it will get to the point where it meets or exceeds the full CS3 price, but since I qualify for the discounted price of $300, I'll probably get there...<br /><br />But, back to the point -- if "all HD" is the same [separate audio and video files], then I'll deal with it and not worry too much.  For the most part I don't care if the video "scrubs" properly, but I *do* care that it RENDERS properly (I can let the system render day and night if I have to) so I'll continue to squeeze a little more out of this "ultimate" system just a little longer [and in two or three years when my regular DVD player dies and "all that's available" is blu-ray, I'll upgrade when the prices are better :) ]

• Would the Unlocked Verizon HTC One M8 work with GSM Bands globally/?

If i buy a HTC One M8 phone and then pay all the installments and finally get the unlocking code. One phone is unlocked, then is is possible that CDMA Sim Card of Verizon be replaced with a SIM card of any GSM operator globally

as of last year all Verizon phones are unlocked of course if they were manufactured  starting last year. the HTC one m8 is sold unlocked however it may not work on all LTE bands Verizon operates on 1700F and 700C

• Hi, I would like to ask if someone has worked with Beha Unitest Telaris instruments. It's RS232 instrument, bu

t they have give us only their one software. I would like to do serial communication thru the Labview. I have problem, I can see that 30bytes are being sent by the instrument(COM-Spy), but in the Labview in can see only one byt at serial port. Please help.Information about interface; IR/RS232, 9600baud rate, 1start bit, 1stop bit, pair parity, 8 data bits.
    Full name of the instrument; Beha Unitest Telaris ISO plus.
    The communication is one-way, I must push the button 'Send' on the instrument to get data to PC.
    When the instrument isn't powered, thru the cable I get '00'(hexa).
    I've tryed to change pauses or timeout, but nothing helps.
    Thanks for any a
    nswer.

t they have give us only their one software. I would like to do serial communication thru the Labview. I have problem, I can see that 30bytes are being sent by the instrument(COM-Spy), but in the Labview in can see only one byt at serial port. Please help.Hi,
    Are you using the VISA VIs?. From your description itr seems that you are just trying to read 30 Bytes. That should be pretty simple.
    Do you get any error messages?. If you open hyperterminal, are you able to get the 30 bytes of data?
    DiegoF
    National instruments.

• Why won't my Mac work with a Canon i860 Printer?

I think it used to work, but I haven't used this printer in a while. I remember buying a cord from the Apple store for it, but I just keep getting a #306 message to check connections and make sure everything is powered on. Everything seems to be set correctly, so why won't it work? Any ideas?

Contact Canon or post in their forum area.

• Is a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom Lens compatible with a Canon 1DX?

Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Sometimes just for fun hehe ... I have a Sigma 10-20 for my 30D. When I upgrade to the 6D, I still keep the old camera + sigma lens. I know I can mount it on the 6D, so I did.
    Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

• FCE working with a Canon HV10 model

I cannot make FCE recognize my Canon HV. Yes I know its not on the list however, Mac knew I had this camera when they sold me the new Mac and FCE software. Is there anyone else out there that is using a Canon HV10 model. FYI imovie, works fine with it.
    Mac   Mac OS X (10.4.9)  

Canon cameras usually require a Firewire Basic choice.
    Search the forum for "Easy Setup" plenty of info here.
    Here's one to start:
    http://discussions.apple.com/click.jspa?searchID=-1&messageID=1257194
    Al

• Will FCP X work with the Canon Vixia HF S10 ?

The HF S10 doesn't appear on the compatibility list.  If it currently doesn't, is there a work around to import files?  Thanks.

Hi pleibowitz. If what you are saying is true, and FCPX can only read from a camera and can't read and edit an MTS file that has been, say, archived on a hard drive, then I can't use FCPX. That's really disappointing. I don't want to pay a bunch of money for some software that can't read my video files except from the camera. How do I archive my original footage, then import and use it later?
    This is really sad. All I want to do is be able to drag an MTS file from my HD into FCPX and have it let me start editing with out a bunch of conversion, or transcoding, or converting into ProRes. It just eats up too much HD space. I love how FCPX uses the Metadata and imports it all, but come on, can't I use it without?
    I can only assume the metadata that FCPX uses in somewhere else on the CF card or Flash HD of the camera.
    I guess I'll be sticking with Premiere. It reads AVCHD .mts files beautifully, from anywhere. Very nice. I may not have all the metadata stuff, but at least I can archive and move .mts files around where ever I want with the confidence that I can use them later.

Maybe you are looking for

• IPhone Voice Memos Won't Sync

I have an iPhone 3GS and an iMac operating on OS X 10.6.8. When I sync my iPhone to the iMac, all of my voice memos transfer, except key memos dated before a certain date or 5/4/11. I can't figure it out. I've looked through all my preferences in iTu

• Problem in calling standard view in nested view container

Hi Experts, We have a standard SAP component in which there is view containing a TABStrip. In one of the tabs there is a View container. This view container calls another view containing a view container, which in turn calls another standard view of

• Runtime error while executing CAT2

Hi All, My user is executing the CAT2 as below: Going to CAT2 Given profile as Z001 which allows the multiple employees its is giving another screen as "Personal number selection for fast data entry" screen Click on Further selections button Selectin

• I upgraded to Yosemite and can no longer import photos from my camera

I have a Canon Eos Rebel SLR Digital Camera (Model DS6041).  It has always worked perfectly with iPhoto on my iMac running Maverick.  I upgraded to Yosemite yesterday and now when I plug the camera in...iPhoto opens...and it shows the camera listed i

• Multiple objects created in loop

How do I create multiple objects for the same class with a loop I can hard code the names in but I want to allocate names from an array as the names ie BankAccount Acct(NameArray[0]) = new BankAccount(); to get AcctFred.method(); and access this in a